PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo artist in area that specialize in colors?

Sinfix_15
04-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Looking for a tattoo artist that is good at colors specifically. I've got a lot of work done and am pretty satisfied with my usual artist, but he isnt that great with colors. A lot of the artist here in columbus are god awful with color and pretty terrible in general. Falcon's and Tommy's in columbus are both shit. If you have some color work done or know of a place in georgia that has a good color artist, post some pictures.

Someone who could pull off things of this nature. bright vibrant colors not just blues and greens
http://www.tattoos99.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/gambling-tattoos-designs-2.jpg
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ygjq9u231rqwo54o1_500.jpg
http://poundedink.com/top-tattoo-artists/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Nick-Baxter-Bugs-Birds-Color-Sleeve-Tattoo.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2012, 08:14 AM
You mention in the area and then you mention in Georgia. Are you looking to stay in the Columbus area or is Atlanta an option? In Atlanta (area), I prefer to use Black Kat Tattoo. I've not used them for color, although I am going to use them, I hope this Summer, to color in an outline on my back. I want to add some color to myself, but I always have a hard time finding/coming up with a drawing I like. Later, QD.

C230K
04-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Isnt there a tatoo artist here on IA, I cant remember his username, but he drives a blue audi I believe. I heard he was good.

Sinfix_15
04-29-2012, 09:05 AM
You mention in the area and then you mention in Georgia. Are you looking to stay in the Columbus area or is Atlanta an option? In Atlanta (area), I prefer to use Black Kat Tattoo. I've not used them for color, although I am going to use them, I hope this Summer, to color in an outline on my back. I want to add some color to myself, but I always have a hard time finding/coming up with a drawing I like. Later, QD.

Atlanta and surrounding areas are an option. I've got a full sleeve in black/shade, looking to color it all in now. My previous attempts at color here in columbus, i had to go back and cover them up. My current artist is honest enough to tell me he's not the right guy for color.

didnt think you would be the tattoo type.

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2012, 09:17 AM
My current artist is honest enough to tell me he's not the right guy for color.

Good to have an honest artist. The guy at Black Kat is just that way as well. He quoted me $200 for my back. When done, he charged me half that because it didn't take as long as he thought it would. I was going to pay the $200 because I thought that was good.

didnt think you would be the tattoo type.

Hahah. I have seven. Later, QD.

Bacon
04-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Southside Tattoo is in East Point and they do amazing work. There is a place in Little Five Points that will be doing my sleeve. I'll get the name of that shop in a few and edit my post accordingly.

The shop in L5P is possibly closed but its called Holy Mother.

PhatBoi1210
04-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Black Cat is def where its at!

afterfire
04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
You want something as good as whats in those pictures....do yourself a favor and fly to them. If you book in advance it'll only cost a couple hundred more than the tattoo and you won't have to sacrifice quality. There are plenty of good artists in Atlanta for sure, but if you want whats in the pictures, go to them. Its worth it...I have a friend that has a sleeve by Nick Baxter and I can tell you there aren't many people that can pull off what he does.

Vteckidd
04-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Alvin did mine, mine has incredible color. Pm me ill show you pics.

Sinfix_15
04-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Alvin did mine, mine has incredible color. Pm me ill show you pics.

send em!

didnt peg you for the tattoo type either

Vteckidd
04-30-2012, 09:08 AM
i dont have any fully finished pics ill take some today. TONS of color.

Sinfix_15
04-30-2012, 10:49 AM
that is a pretty unique tattoo. looks good. How much did that cost you? how many sittings?

Vteckidd
04-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Probably 30 hours IIRC, 5-6 SITTINGS. more than 1000$ less than $2000