PDA

View Full Version : May 12,13 Atlanta Motorsports Park finally open!!!

wanksta
04-22-2012, 09:15 PM
You guys gotta check out this track! Ive made a few laps on it already and its gonna be amazing! Tracks Unlimited will be there May 12,13 and they offer excellent instruction and more track time than anybody. Come check it out
http://tracksunlimited.net/

1civic
04-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Looks like fun..

wanksta
04-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Most fun track I've ever been on. Elevation change is nuts!

EmminoDaGreat
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
you're just rubbing it in

wanksta
04-24-2012, 06:38 PM
I havent got to drive it at full speed yet. Bring that gangsta exhaust and be one of the first to lay down some rubber.

wanksta
04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
This guy already beat us to it.

http://youtu.be/iG-Op-4PSnI

mcwheels
04-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Love how that one spot where they hadn't finished paving didn't slow him down much at all...

(forgot to mark the time)

Elbow
05-02-2012, 05:22 AM
Is it really open? lol They have done so much damage to themselves it's not even funny.

Road Atlanta takes the best track in GA still by a LONG shot in my opinion, AMP looks fun, but it just isn't the same. Still nice to have something else down the road though. I'll be racing there in August.

I hear Tracks Unlimited runs a good show, sign up people. :goodjob:

wanksta
05-06-2012, 02:22 PM
It is open! Was there yesterday, by far the funnest track I've ever been on! Best way to describe it is "asphalt rollercoaster". Road Atlanta is a great track, but not especially fun or challenging. AMP is a whole lot of both. Tracks Unlimited is the first group to have it, better get registered while there is still room!

mavisky
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
I see some cues from Road America and Mid-Ohio in some of those corners. Looks like a neat track, but I agree I don't see this being better than Road Atlanta.

Elbow
05-06-2012, 04:57 PM
It is open! Was there yesterday, by far the funnest track I've ever been on! Best way to describe it is "asphalt rollercoaster". Road Atlanta is a great track, but not especially fun or challenging. AMP is a whole lot of both. Tracks Unlimited is the first group to have it, better get registered while there is still room!

Yeah I saw some in-car video. Looks VERY tight, 2nd gear corners? :0 Should be a blast for the lower HP cars. Not sure how you can say RA isn't fun or challenging when it's rated as one of the toughest tracks in the world by many drivers.

I see some cues from Road America and Mid-Ohio in some of those corners. Looks like a neat track, but I agree I don't see this being better than Road Atlanta.

It's not really comparable. Not a bad track it seems, but not in the same league.

WhiteAccord
05-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Cnat wait to get on this track

mavisky
05-06-2012, 10:31 PM
It's not really comparable. Not a bad track it seems, but not in the same league.

Oh I wasn't saying it was comparable, but I can see where they took some cues like the keyhole corner from Mid-Ohio with it's off camber decreasing radius turn onto a straight and the downhill decreasing radius large sweeper from Road America. Both absolutely top notch tracks on par with Road Atlanta, but above what looks to be a fun but not nearly as challenging intermediate circuit.

Elbow
05-07-2012, 05:38 AM
Oh I wasn't saying it was comparable, but I can see where they took some cues like the keyhole corner from Mid-Ohio with it's off camber decreasing radius turn onto a straight and the downhill decreasing radius large sweeper from Road America. Both absolutely top notch tracks on par with Road Atlanta, but above what looks to be a fun but not nearly as challenging intermediate circuit.

Oh no I just meant AMP wasn't not those. I did hear they took some cues from other tracks, which is cool. I do look forward to driving up there, it's nice to have two tracks very close by (RA 10 min, AMP 45 min). I wish I could make this Tracks Unlimited event but have to work and don't have a trackable car at the moment.

tmks
05-08-2012, 07:01 AM
You guys gotta check out this track! Ive made a few laps on it already and its gonna be amazing! T

Who can afford to join this track? 8000.00 membership fee, plus 200 a month? plus 30.0 daily use fee? I'm disappointed in those fees, after all the locals that went to those meetings, called and met with our local politicians, and fought for the track. AMP has basically said, hey we don't you you here unless you can afford a Lamborghini! I see no mention of track days open to the general population that may own a street/track day car like was mentioned when they were trying to get this track approved and needed our help. And we did ask them that question!

Elbow
05-08-2012, 07:48 AM
What are you talking about? This is for a track day open to the general public, there are numerous scheduled open to anyone. You don't have to have a membership to do these.

As for the Lamborghini statement, this track looks fun for a 90HP Civic not a Lamborghini. lol

JayKnight
05-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Who can afford to join this track? 8000.00 membership fee, plus 200 a month? plus 30.0 daily use fee? I'm disappointed in those fees, after all the locals that went to those meetings, called and met with our local politicians, and fought for the track. AMP has basically said, hey we don't you you here unless you can afford a Lamborghini! I see no mention of track days open to the general population that may own a street/track day car like was mentioned when they were trying to get this track approved and needed our help. And we did ask them that question!

Also to add to this, I talked to a rep at one of the Caffeine and Octane meets, and while there, I read over the pamphlet. The one thing that really turned me against AMP, is the fact that they wanted to see financial records for some of the membership packages. When I saw that, I told the guy I was talking to how I really thought.

So I doubt I will help anyone else get richer off my hard earned dollars. Any place that wants to see my financial status to get a membership can kiss my ass.

demarianx
05-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Iv already been on the track (the 10th person to be exact :) its pretty sick the membership is expensive but u are getting an entire track with no time limits or stipulations besides basic rules. also having friends that are founders allows them to bring guest for free and the manager is a cool guy too and the only membership that requires financial status is the black package members ship for Life and its 500,000 no fees ever and you can bring whoever you want for free. the track is not super high speed but it focuses on handling more so. and they will have track days but amp is still under constuction so its kinda members only right know but they are allowing scca and other events to use the track they also plan to have autocross on the go kart track once its been finished. but AMP is no road atlanta its a country club. Although you can pretty much drift the entire track we will never see formula d their because of its location

demarianx
05-31-2012, 09:14 PM
here my orientaion lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUWzfsMn0E