PDA

View Full Version : Import Alliance rant v. April 2012

Pages : [1] 2

.blank cd
04-22-2012, 07:10 PM
I love the fuck outta cars. I like messing with them, looking at them, reading about new models, whatever. That, for me, like most people, will never change. I hate the fuck out of this scene. The "Barretts", the "BPs", the "Morelands" and the "Sonics", and last but not least, Import Alliance. For whatever reason, this scene brings out the scum of the import world. The 240 owners who believe they are all Vaughn Gitten Jr. and feel they have to prove it in the two lane parking lot filled with other cars, the simple honda kids who think VTEC engages when the clutch is depressed and the rev limiter is pegged at 9000 rpm, and the stupid drivers who think a parking lot is their own personal time attack course. The scene is incredebly stigmatized, which troubles me deeply. Because in the eyes of everyone else--law enforcement, general public--if you drive anything even remotely modified from Japan, you are looked at as less than a person. No matter how staunchly you follow traffic laws.

After waking up like a fucking idiot at 6am on a Sunday, I drove down to Turner Field, and exited Fulton Street at 8am. My day might have been a little better had it not been for all of the dumbass people who didnt know the red light at the exit means stop. Loads of people went around me as I chose to remain at the stop light until traffic cleared up, only to further clog the intersection (even for people who werent going to the meet, and were driving the opposite direction of the stadium). Im guessing most of these drivers are 16 years old and just got their license, or are from out of town, and the backwoods towns they live in don't have traffic control devices.

The fun continues at the event, where despite the limited number of parking spaces and the massive amount of registered guests, people thought their primered 94 Civic EXs needed more than one parking spot. And yes, Im also looking at you, Kennesaw crew who I saw parked completely sideways taking up 2-3 parking spots. I don't understand why all the $90,000 GTRs and the half million dollar LFAs by Forged section only took up one space each, but the $12,000 TSX on shitty Enkei wheels needed 3 spaces. Maybe someone can explain it to me. Then to top it off, we were all forcibly evicted at about 2pm. The reason is only rumor and speculation at this point. Some say we exceeded our permit limits for the cars, some say people were surprisingly acting childish, doing burnouts or racing through the parking lots. Whatever the reason, something tells me if this was a parking lot full of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Astons, and so on, there would still be people there right now.

I guess I only have myself to blame, because in the last scene rant I made--consequently enough, it was about the spring Import Alliance meet--I told myself I would never again subject myself to this torture. So I'll say it again, this time with absolution. This is the LAST spring/Atlanta IA meet I'll be attending, and chances are not looking good for the rest of the IA meets.

On an ending note. To the stereotypical entitled, fuckstick, douchbag, second-rate BMW 3 series drivng cock-wallet who thought the Fulton St./Capitol Ave. intersection was his own personal playground, blocking it off for his little Evo driving buddies(surprise, another group of cunts. Birds of a feather.), I am the guy in the maroon Accord with bronze wheels who checked your bullshit. Had it not been for the fact that Im getting married in a few months, and my fiance was in the car behind me, I would have ended your miserable, simple existence at precisely 8:15am. I saw you reaching for your sidearm in your door pocket, but unfortunately, due to your crouched position, you would have not drawn fast enough. If you'd like to settle it like men (which might be difficult for you since you drove a 3 series) I would love to oblige, but I would highly suggest you make sure your medical insurance coverage is up to date.

Hermin
04-22-2012, 07:20 PM
lol nice callout

C230K
04-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Well said, you sir speak the truth everytime

-EnVus-
04-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Just why I refuse to attend that shit...Ill stick to my small town gatherings or local meet ups. I can just login on here and watch for all the pitiful picture threads and fulfill my needs.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lawpko.jpg

Eman_jDm
04-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Agreed

chaseamundo
04-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Very good perspective.

RsonGt3's
04-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Repped!

90DB1
04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
i dont feel so bad i wasnt able to go and i feel ya 100 percent

NewGen33
04-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Wow glad I didn't go

hondaxpurt
04-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Geoff for president!

2turbo4u
04-22-2012, 08:17 PM
biggup every time!

thesammy
04-22-2012, 08:23 PM
This sounds pretty accurate. Lol. I did have a good time once I was there though.

Bacon
04-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Well said, sir. Well said.

Vteckidd
04-22-2012, 08:41 PM
+1, youre getting old, walk toward this side sir. Its so much better haha

.blank cd
04-22-2012, 08:49 PM
+1, youre getting old, walk toward this side sir. Its so much better hahaI am. For sure sir. Lol. After we get married and get back from the honeymoon, the accord is getting replaced by a 09-13 Civic SI (something)or a TSX. Something NEW. Woulda got yours if you woulda held out. I'm officially on the other side after today.

CSquared
04-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah i don't have fun at these things anymore. I've accepted the fact that I evolved with age and the scene stayed more or less the same. I'm not the same little dbag i used to be thinking i was the shit, invincible and so on (I'm sure the same can be said for most of the older guys on here).

I went there with my fiance and spent about an hour just to drop flyers on all the supras i could find (trying to set up a supra meet). Left, grabbed some mcdonalds, went home and played some gran turismo. Ha.

Bacon
04-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I am drifting to that side as well.

[3000gt20s]
04-22-2012, 08:56 PM
good call out my friend.....what sucks most most is that people come from all over the country for this event.... and we get ran off around 2? wtf......

David88vert
04-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow, sounds like IA wasn't a lot of fun. I chose to head up to Road Atlanta for 2 days to the AMA races. Had a blast with friends cooking out, watching the races, checking out the bikes, etc. Next time, look for an alternative event and have some fun with friends.

Vteckidd
04-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I am. For sure sir. Lol. After we get married and get back from the honeymoon, the accord is getting replaced by a 09-13 Civic SI (something)or a TSX. Something NEW. Woulda got yours if you woulda held out. I'm officially on the other side after today.

it sucks because lord knows we all did dumb shit when we were young, but these people just are different........dangerous. The cars are horrible, the attitudes are just rediculous and rude.

I actually applaud you for doing the mature thing and making sure you got your lady home safe.

What happens to me is we are moving towards a different kind of car experience. I still like cars, but i share that passion with a very small select group of people like 5-10 friends. I dont need 5000+ cars and Import Alliance to hang out with people i dont really care about ya know.

Look up north man, TSXs are way cheaper up there

thegovanator
04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
I live two blocks away from Turner Field. I was excited to attend this year as I had missed last spring. I woke up around 11 with much excitement as I could already hear some of the cars down the street. I headed down to the parking lots around 2 as I figured the turnout must be huge by this time. Much to my dismay the event had been canceled. I walked around a couple of the lots and surveyed what was left in them. I watched cars leave down Capital Ave, revving to redline for no reason and attempting to do burnouts in traffic. I cursed the ricers as angrily walked back home. I hopped in the 7 and went for a joy ride to ease my frustrations. As I come down Capital to get on the highway I have kids yell at me " Rev the engine bro! How much boost are you making?". My joy ride takes me south of the city and then over East, eventually North as I work my way down South again. Taking Peachtree St. home I see an awesome crew of S2000s and Civics roll by, Big props to those guys as your cars looked immaculate. A few turns away from my house I pass a group of teens hopping out of a 300zx. The driver yells over to me "DRIFT MAN!" as I pass. This meet is noe on the ever growing list of meets I will never attend again.

Fuck. Ricers.

firby911
04-22-2012, 10:51 PM
I was not happy with this years meet.....

jtdb8
04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Im glade I didn't wake up early an make the 2hr drive now. I think we all can say we did stupid stuff. But like the sayin goes with age comes wisdom.

Vteckidd
04-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Import Alliance has some decisions to make. Props to them for continually throwing huge "meets".

However they are now going to have to police and patrol the gatherings more. They are going to have to crack down on the burnouts and people acting stupid.

If APD kicked people out then it must have been bad.

iamdallas
04-22-2012, 11:12 PM
That meet was a disappointment in every way. It seems like it wasn't planned properly at all.

Plus, I felt like a huge cock being around half the people down there.

firby911
04-22-2012, 11:14 PM
That meet was a disappointment in every way. It seems like it wasn't planned properly at all.

Plus, I felt like a huge cock being around half the people down there.

Alot people there make me ashamed to be into the import scene...so many idiots.

-EnVus-
04-22-2012, 11:14 PM
If I was a vendor or city hosting an Event that was ruined from Immaturity and disrespect Id just end it. Nothing I can think of can prevent stupidity and people using it so why even try then be mad when things are canceled :(

RL...
04-22-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm beginning to get tired of meets and such as well....there is so much douchebaggery that goes on now. I literally don't know what the fuck is wrong with people to make them do the dumb shit they do.

AZN_Pride
04-23-2012, 12:22 AM
I have still yet to see the benefits of revving your engine and doing burnouts in public areas. There is no point unless we were holding a "Stupid" contest. I bet more than half doing burnouts and revving were all Hellaflush and trend following styled cars.

-EnVus-
04-23-2012, 12:41 AM
I have still yet to see the benefits of revving your engine and doing burnouts in public areas.
They are all....

AZN_Pride
04-23-2012, 01:40 AM
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s447/Sagara009/19219683.jpg

CHADbee
04-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Welcome the dark side, and by dark, I mean old, jaded and grumpy.

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS.

CHADbee
04-23-2012, 05:51 AM
...no but really, standing next the the GT-R I drove in and just listening to the comments people made was just.....disappointing, retarded, and somewhat funny. When I was leaving the crowd screamed and cheered for me to "do a burn out" in a AWD car with slicks......?!?!

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310480585093.jpg

Vteckidd
04-23-2012, 06:37 AM
I understand the "grumpy old jaded" comments, probably some truth to that.

I'm not bashing the meet, I'm not bashing it because its "cool"

I'm saying that IMO the stanced out Mexican cars are pointless, most of these kids are dangerous, probably worse than any nopi, IA, is going to have to step up and crack down

southside
04-23-2012, 06:51 AM
I left around 11,But I start seeing people doing a burnout on a Ruckus:thinking:....Then some guy with teeth painted on his hatch.Which looked like it had been wrecked and just spray painted due to lack of funds to fix.He went speeding through the parking lot with his single cam.:no:Yet he wondered why everytime,I walked by his car.I kept looking,(in my mind)"Dumbass lucky cops are out or I would ask you what did five fingers say to the face.":yes: For most part i'm not into import thing as I used to be.But for sensible people that know how to park,cruise in style. Whether its your pinto on daytons,Or 90'000$ GTR.:goodjob:Not doing burnouts,and trying to remake fast n furious in parking lot.:goodjob: thanks to you all! My friends kept asking why I did'nt wanna go.....Point proven.I figured since there was cops,and staff it wouldnt be like a unorganized Importatlanta meet.But ricers never seem to suprise me.

Wow, sounds like IA wasn't a lot of fun. I chose to head up to Road Atlanta for 2 days to the AMA races. Had a blast with friends cooking out, watching the races, checking out the bikes, etc. Next time, look for an alternative event and have some fun with friends.Damn wish I had did the same.My brother told me ride up didnt feel like it.Seen it on my friends facebook and knew that I should have went there instead.

Doppelgänger
04-23-2012, 07:01 AM
I only went because there wasn't much else going on. Walked aroudn the lots and just stood up on the top of the wall and had fun conversation about the what people consider "acceptable" for their cars.
I didn't even realize they were kicking people when I left. APD was just starting to roll in as I pulled out....glad I missed the clusterfuck of everyone leaving. With each meet I attend, or have attended, and come to the conclusion that it's gone to shit, I get more and more disappointed by the "scene". Oh well, I need to find something better to do with my time anyway. No more V, the "new" WBs meets have already gone to shit, won't be attending any IA meets again...after this weekend I just really don't care for such things. Wo knows why I keep going to these things...it's probably the few people I actually do get to shoot the shit with about cars...

I will say the Mainstream meet was pretty chill though.

Jdm94Coupe
04-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Its always trash, all of the meets. I stopped coming when i was 18, that will let you know people are too immature.

There should be some type of secret members only meets ..... Mature meets for people with kids and enough sense to park, talk, eat, have a drink or 2 and talk about their cars and go home safely to their family.

Nemesis
04-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Completely agree with everything being said in here. Luckily, I was parked with the vendors and was able to watch my car most of the day too, so I was away from most of the shenanigans. The one time I did go to the upper lot to pick up a decal from Walker, I noticed a military green CTS doing donuts and some busted ass truck attempting to do it too. With that many people gathered in one spot stupid shit is bound to happen.

When I was leaving soo many people were asking me to rev up and do burnouts like I was going to. Last thing I need is to be known as that Mustang guy that was acting a fool at an import alliance meet lol :rolleyes:

AMERICA!

jtdb8
04-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Its always trash, all of the meets. I stopped coming when i was 18, that will let you know people are too immature.

There should be some type of secret members only meets ..... Mature meets for people with kids and enough sense to park, talk, eat, have a drink or 2 and talk about their cars and go home safely to their family.

I second that.

Sammich
04-23-2012, 09:00 AM
damn that bad up there...almost glad i didnt go, almost makes me think of not going to the other IA later this summer

Boosting EG
04-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Well said, you sir speak the truth everytime

x2

CSquared
04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah i didnt have a chance but i wanted to throw something out there earlier... Why dont we make a hidden forum - og/invite only - maybe even age limited - and try to set a meet up that way?

I mean hell, everyone in this thread appears to be just as fed up with the scene as it is, but still loves cars and i think would all enjoy a nice low-key meetup. I think we can make that happen.

Nerdsrock22
04-23-2012, 09:07 AM
I had a completely different experience. I rolled in around 8 with zero trouble and pulled into (one) empty spot. The wife and I walked around for a bit and saw a ton of old and new friends. We walked down to Daddy D'z and got some BBQ, walked back, heard things were wrapping up from Don, got in our car and left.

Some asshat in a 318i (or whatever that silly looking BMW is) peeled out as we were leaving, but that can be expected from a guy that buys the cheapest and ugliest Beemer around.

Austin?
04-23-2012, 09:11 AM
I was up late the night before until 2am and woke up early to get my car buffshined at 6am in the morning for an Import rice alliance. I notice every thing that you ranted about. All these cheap ass civic taken up 2-3 parking space and that fucking D-bag R8 with orange door driving like he own the parking lot.

I was at the NOS tent and here come the ugly ass fucking miata dropped so low that it look like shit also drove like he's the king of the parking lot. He came around the Corner and ran over the one dude FOOT who was standing at the NOS energy tent waiting for a drink. The miata did bounce up like it was going over a speed bump. I was waiting for miata owner to stop and at least say sorry but this parking lot king went on his Marry way. Wtf!! Thanks god I have to get to work by 12 noon.

Sinfix_15
04-23-2012, 09:28 AM
glad to see people finally coming around and getting tired of the ricer bullshit...... but.....

Import car scene has been riddled with douchebag kids since around um..... 2001.

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/26/MPW-13270

csmiths
04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
I love the fuck outta cars. I like messing with them, looking at them, reading about new models, whatever. That, for me, like most people, will never change. I hate the fuck out of this scene. The "Barretts", the "BPs", the "Morelands" and the "Sonics", and last but not least, Import Alliance. For whatever reason, this scene brings out the scum of the import world. The 240 owners who believe they are all Vaughn Gitten Jr. and feel they have to prove it in the two lane parking lot filled with other cars, the simple honda kids who think VTEC engages when the clutch is depressed and the rev limiter is pegged at 9000 rpm, and the stupid drivers who think a parking lot is their own personal time attack course. The scene is incredebly stigmatized, which troubles me deeply. Because in the eyes of everyone else--law enforcement, general public--if you drive anything even remotely modified from Japan, you are looked at as less than a person. No matter how staunchly you follow traffic laws.

After waking up like a fucking idiot at 6am on a Sunday, I drove down to Turner Field, and exited Fulton Street at 8am. My day might have been a little better had it not been for all of the dumbass people who didnt know the red light at the exit means stop. Loads of people went around me as I chose to remain at the stop light until traffic cleared up, only to further clog the intersection (even for people who werent going to the meet, and were driving the opposite direction of the stadium). Im guessing most of these drivers are 16 years old and just got their license, or are from out of town, and the backwoods towns they live in don't have traffic control devices.

The fun continues at the event, where despite the limited number of parking spaces and the massive amount of registered guests, people thought their primered 94 Civic EXs needed more than one parking spot. And yes, Im also looking at you, Kennesaw crew who I saw parked completely sideways taking up 2-3 parking spots. I don't understand why all the $90,000 GTRs and the half million dollar LFAs by Forged section only took up one space each, but the $12,000 TSX on shitty Enkei wheels needed 3 spaces. Maybe someone can explain it to me. Then to top it off, we were all forcibly evicted at about 2pm. The reason is only rumor and speculation at this point. Some say we exceeded our permit limits for the cars, some say people were surprisingly acting childish, doing burnouts or racing through the parking lots. Whatever the reason, something tells me if this was a parking lot full of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Astons, and so on, there would still be people there right now.

I guess I only have myself to blame, because in the last scene rant I made--consequently enough, it was about the spring Import Alliance meet--I told myself I would never again subject myself to this torture. So I'll say it again, this time with absolution. This is the LAST spring/Atlanta IA meet I'll be attending, and chances are not looking good for the rest of the IA meets.

On an ending note. To the stereotypical entitled, fuckstick, douchbag, second-rate BMW 3 series drivng cock-wallet who thought the Fulton St./Capitol Ave. intersection was his own personal playground, blocking it off for his little Evo driving buddies(surprise, another group of cunts. Birds of a feather.), I am the guy in the maroon Accord with bronze wheels who checked your bullshit. Had it not been for the fact that Im getting married in a few months, and my fiance was in the car behind me, I would have ended your miserable, simple existence at precisely 8:15am. I saw you reaching for your sidearm in your door pocket, but unfortunately, due to your crouched position, you would have not drawn fast enough. If you'd like to settle it like men (which might be difficult for you since you drove a 3 series) I would love to oblige, but I would highly suggest you make sure your medical insurance coverage is up to date.

I understand all your rants about idiots, but bitching about where someone told me to park is kinda childish. And I find it funny that you call out the "kennesaw" crew who your "friends" with out of all that nonsense like im supposed to be saving spots for the ferrari's and gtr's because they cost more. All this shit your complaining about weve all been complaining since the beginning of importalliance. It will never be a great meet simply because they dont weed out the garbage, and they wont because they wouldnt make nearly the amount of money that they make. Does that mean I wont go or bitch about it? Absolutely not.

Nerdsrock22
04-23-2012, 10:20 AM
I understand all your rants about idiots, but bitching about where someone told me to park is kinda childish. And I find it funny that you call out the "kennesaw" crew who your "friends" with out of all that nonsense like im supposed to be saving spots for the ferrari's and gtr's because they cost more. All this shit your complaining about weve all been complaining since the beginning of importalliance. It will never be a great meet simply because they dont weed out the garbage, and they wont because they wouldnt make nearly the amount of money that they make. Does that mean I wont go or bitch about it? Absolutely not.

Is that your TSX?

csmiths
04-23-2012, 10:33 AM
No, but my car was in front of his. I just think it's pathetic to bitch about parking spots In such a huge lot.

Nerdsrock22
04-23-2012, 10:36 AM
No, but my car was in front of his. I just think it's pathetic to bitch about parking spots In such a huge lot.

I parked in the main lot and had open spaces next to me all day. I don't understand what all the bitching was about. That venue was a ton better than the parking garage.

csmiths
04-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Yea I don't get it. This is not an eibach meet, it's going to be filled with immature kids. I just don't get how the car scene is literally all hate nowadays. If your car is too low your a ricer, if you have wide wheels but not with r comp tires your a ricer. I'm so tired of people talking shit about nice cars bc THEY think it's too low. I never hate on anyone for doing something they want to do to their car. I think it's fucking retarded to take a new car and gut the interior, put a big wing, sticky tires, and a diffuser to call it a race car. Do I go up to people who do that and say how stupid it is? No. Do I come on the forums and go "that brand new Evo is ruined bc he took his extra seats of his sedan and put all this aero bullshit to drive on the street" No! I'm so fucking tired of that, it's like rival gangs. "race cars" vs "show cars". Fucking pathetic.

firby911
04-23-2012, 11:08 AM
I was up late the night before until 2am and woke up early to get my car buffshined at 6am in the morning for an Import rice alliance. I notice every thing that you ranted about. All these cheap ass civic taken up 2-3 parking space and that fucking D-bag R8 with orange door driving like he own the parking lot.

I was at the NOS tent and here come the ugly ass fucking miata dropped so low that it look like shit also drove like he's the king of the parking lot. He came around the Corner and ran over the one dude FOOT who was standing at the NOS energy tent waiting for a drink. The miata did bounce up like it was going over a speed bump. I was waiting for miata owner to stop and at least say sorry but this parking lot king went on his Marry way. Wtf!! Thanks god I have to get to work by 12 noon.

The guy that got his foot ran over is a memeber on here...he might chime in if he saw this thread. The guy ran over his ankle and it was all bloody and what not when i saw it. Later in the day we all went out to eat at atlantic station and somehow the dude who ran his foot over ended up there and was a douche about it. He played it off like he did nothing and it was the guys fault for being in his way,pathetic....

-EnVus-
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
damn that bad up there...almost glad i didnt go, almost makes me think of not going to the other IA later this summer
All the shit that comes to GA seems to be trashed and disrespected I dont hear about it like this else where...

Drummerboy
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
I saw both sides of the spectrum. Saw a guy blow his motor in the parking lot, saw that stupid old race car drifting IN THE PARKING LOT ROW, saw all the ridiculous trends executed pretty horribly.

But then I saw alot of cars I recognized and got to put names with faces, and meet some new people. The best part was when I was just walking around with my buddy, we stumbled upon 20 or so preludes all parked together. As soon as they heard us say we drove preludes and were parked on the other side of the lot, they rearranged their cars just to let us in. Then shared drinks,food,seats, and stories all day. the Georgia Prelude Club is an awesome group of guys.

.blank cd
04-23-2012, 11:31 AM

Far from childish sir. Let me let you in on some lifelong advice. When you get older, you'll look back and say "damn. He was spot on". Your "friends" are not the people who suck your dick because you have $2000+ on your car. The owner of the TSX and his cronies doesn't know that yet. They're young. It's understandable. He's got a lot of maturing to do.

csmiths
04-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't base my friends on who likes my car. I know some of my friends don't care for it at all but we all have different tastes. I'm not defending him, and you should know I can't stand some of his cronies as you call them, I just defended the comment bc his car was right behind mine. And it was weird to me that you put that in your rant because you all rode together so idk. Tim told me to park there, I can't help who followed suit.

And I personally hate ppl like that guy you were talking to with the mugen Friday. He knew me, I had no idea who he was, and he was a straight douche bag. He kept making shit up as he was talking to you but I'm not one to call him out, he felt it was necessary to make up some shit to look "cool" in front of us. So I'm just letting you know he was bs'n the whole time I talked to him.

DOHC ACCLUDE
04-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Hahah this is great.... What do expect from $3200 economy cars

I'd like the 10min of my life I just wasted reading this crap back please, move on to a "mature" car and join the "mature" forums and go to their "mature" meets/shows. Not everyone without a gtr is 15yrs old, but I assume you knew that.

LIKEG6
04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Is it what it is.

Sammich
04-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Yea I don't get it. This is not an eibach meet, it's going to be filled with immature kids. I just don't get how the car scene is literally all hate nowadays. If your car is too low your a ricer, if you have wide wheels but not with r comp tires your a ricer. I'm so tired of people talking shit about nice cars bc THEY think it's too low. I never hate on anyone for doing something they want to do to their car. I think it's fucking retarded to take a new car and gut the interior, put a big wing, sticky tires, and a diffuser to call it a race car. Do I go up to people who do that and say how stupid it is? No. Do I come on the forums and go "that brand new Evo is ruined bc he took his extra seats of his sedan and put all this aero bullshit to drive on the street" No! I'm so fucking tired of that, it's like rival gangs. "race cars" vs "show cars". Fucking pathetic.

^^i do agree w/ this post, i hate people who talk down on every single person's vehicle just because they dotn like it or because it doesnt coincide with their likes of what a vehicle should be modified, or not modified to. it's every person's modification taste and it's theirs

The guy that got his foot ran over is a memeber on here...he might chime in if he saw this thread. The guy ran over his ankle and it was all bloody and what not when i saw it. Later in the day we all went out to eat at atlantic station and somehow the dude who ran his foot over ended up there and was a douche about it. He played it off like he did nothing and it was the guys fault for being in his way,pathetic....

that is a fukin shame

Sammich
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Hahah this is great.... What do expect from $3200 economy cars

I'd like the 10min of my life I just wasted reading this crap back please, move on to a "mature" car and join the "mature" forums and go to their "mature" meets/shows. Not everyone without a gtr is 15yrs old, but I assume you knew that.

you missed the point...what he's getting at is the majority of hte people in the 'economy' cars we're being immature with how they were handling themselves

allmotor-teg
04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
there is no way to control how people behave but it was alright aside from the the stupid ass people doing stupid shit, i seen good looking cars, friends and seen couple of things the vendors where trying to sell so i cant conplaint, wish the stupid people would have stayed home but it wont happen.

Nismo
04-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I got there at like 8:30 parked and walked around till about 1145 then left. No issues.

Echonova
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I will say the Mainstream meet was pretty chill though.Look at how those stupid fuckers left the joint, to show their appreciation.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/Yatesphoto47/_DSC0244.jpg
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/Yatesphoto47/_DSC0246.jpg
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/Yatesphoto47/_DSC0247.jpg
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/Yatesphoto47/_DSC0249.jpg
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/Yatesphoto47/_DSC0254.jpg

CSquared
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
you missed the point...what he's getting at is the majority of hte people in the 'economy' cars we're being immature with how they were handling themselves

Agreed. I drove a gutted 1985 supra to the event with an intake (otherwise bone stock) and 220k miles. Whats that car worth? 1,500? Still felt no need to rev the shit out of my motor or lay down some rubber. Especially with the amount of pedestrians around.

So its not about what you can afford... its about how immature assholes carry themselves.

spank
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
this thread makes no sense at the end of the day it just going to be the same ole shit

RL...
04-23-2012, 03:29 PM
this thread makes no sense at the end of the day it just going to be the same ole shit

So what's the point of showering if you're just going to get dirty again?

Hopefully more awareness will catch on and people, atleast on here, will stop doing dumb shit. Than again I have no idea if the idiots in regard are even on here so meh...

Sammich
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Look at how those stupid fuckers left the joint, to show their appreciation.

that's a fukin shame. i always properly dispose of my garbage, how difficult is it to properly dispose of YOUR shit when you're done w/ it...smfh

Agreed. I drove a gutted 1985 supra to the event with an intake (otherwise bone stock) and 220k miles. Whats that car worth? 1,500? Still felt no need to rev the shit out of my motor or lay down some rubber. Especially with the amount of pedestrians around.

So its not about what you can afford... its about how immature assholes carry themselves.

^exactly

Hopefully more awareness will catch on and people, atleast on here, will stop doing dumb shit. Than again I have no idea if the idiots in regard are even on here so meh...

good point

dvpjdm
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
...no but really, standing next the the GT-R I drove in and just listening to the comments people made was just.....disappointing, retarded, and somewhat funny. When I was leaving the crowd screamed and cheered for me to "do a burn out" in a AWD car with slicks......?!?!

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310480585093.jpg

LOL I was over there looking at the exhaust on the black gtr, had seen it online and was really impressed in person. although the whole time I was standing there all i heard was stupid rednecks and dumb kids, talk about how you should be drifting it. i seen the one of the guys that yelled do a burn out. he was wearing a daytona 500 shirt, camo shorts, a coors light and a stroller with a infant.

-EnVus-
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
lol all them posers drinking them NOS Drinks ive never drank one that shit kills your kidneys

dvpjdm
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
I was highly disappointed with this meet, more with the assholes that felt they had something to prove. its a meet, not a race. Why the hell did people think that alcohol would be okay? (stupid fuck with the keg strapped to his gti, assholes with the 12 pack of coors) i don't want my nice car ruined by some drunk prick trying to hit redline in a parking lot. trigger happy mother fuckers stay home this isn't compton swap meet.

SHAUNvX
04-23-2012, 04:00 PM
I had a good time at the meet/show. I got there at 7:30 and left at 1:00 but was wondering why the hell were people revving the shit out of there cars also, But i will go to next years IA meet and the one after that im not gonna let some "Ricers" ruin my day.

SHAUNvX
04-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Oh and i drove my acura and parked in one spot.

Black4DrEK
04-23-2012, 04:08 PM
it was all good, till we had to leave..... Folks always have to ruin shit for us

.blank cd
04-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Look at how those stupid fuckers left the joint, to show their appreciation.That's one of my biggest gripes right there. They did that shit at IA to.

spank
04-23-2012, 04:20 PM
if you don't like kids don't go to a daycare

awareness...sorry to say unless something bad happen them or a close friend most of these kids are not going to learn

black_e92
04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Very WELL put!

firby911
04-23-2012, 05:16 PM
I was highly disappointed with this meet, more with the assholes that felt they had something to prove. its a meet, not a race. Why the hell did people think that alcohol would be okay? (stupid fuck with the keg strapped to his gti, assholes with the 12 pack of coors) i don't want my nice car ruined by some drunk prick trying to hit redline in a parking lot. trigger happy mother fuckers stay home this isn't compton swap meet.

You havent been around many euro guys have you?

I think there was so much trash at mainstream due to the lack of trash cans there...i know there was some by the actually shop but not anywhere else that i could see. People are lazy.

Vteckidd
04-23-2012, 06:18 PM
I thin some people are misunderstanding. I wasn't bashing people Modding preferences.

But, two things would go A LONG WAY toward improving the meet IMO

1) import alliance promoting the meet need to be explicitly clear no burnouts or stuoid behavior is tolerated or you will be thrown out. They also need to stress 1 parking spot per attendant.

2) spectators need to police their own, if you see someone doing dumb shit, tell them to stop. If they don't, don't be scared to tell someone in authority.

The problem is the bad apples give the cops this idea that we are all the same. Every Guy who owns a Honda MUST be the ricer burnout douche bag. They won't stop until you reinforce that's not what IA is about.

Taking up 2-3-4 parking spots with your 1 car is doosh, its rude, its selfish, its disrespectful to other people who paid to park.

DOHC ACCLUDE
04-23-2012, 06:40 PM

I didn't miss the point at all. I just find it funny no one has mentioned the silver gtr absolutely flying up and down the road repeditly with a conv e92 m3. Acting like idiots. Or the 240 and sc300 that left in front of the stadium completely sideways. People seem to only single out the primered 89 accord with poop can doing a burn out.... I meant the quality of cars were irrelevant, meantioning ferraris, r8's, or civics is irrelevant.... It's either the idiots or respectful people.

.blank cd
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM
I thin some people are misunderstanding. I wasn't bashing people Modding preferences.

1) import alliance promoting the meet need to be explicitly clear no burnouts or stupid behavior is tolerated or you will be thrown out. They also need to stress 1 parking spot per attendant.

2) spectators need to police their own, if you see someone doing dumb shit, tell them to stop. If they don't, don't be scared to tell someone in authority.

The problem is the bad apples give the cops this idea that we are all the same. Every Guy who owns a Honda MUST be the ricer burnout douche bag. They won't stop until you reinforce that's not what IA is about.

Taking up 2-3-4 parking spots with your 1 car is doosh, its rude, its selfish, its disrespectful to other people who paid to park.

^ All of this. Especially disrespectful to the people who drove 3-4 hrs, paid to park, then got turned around immediately. If someone told you to park that way, that's another story. Then it's on them.

But my rant had nothing to do with how people mod their cars.

.blank cd
04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
I didn't miss the point at all. I just find it funny no one has mentioned the silver gtr absolutely flying up and down the road repeditly with a conv e92 m3. Acting like idiots. Or the 240 and sc300 that left in front of the stadium completely sideways. People seem to only single out the primered 89 accord with poop can doing a burn out.... I meant the quality of cars were irrelevant, meantioning ferraris, r8's, or civics is irrelevant.... It's either the idiots or respectful people.

Oh I absolutely meant everybody that was displaying general douchebaggery. M3s, GTRs, and R8s included.

Dj Syco
04-23-2012, 07:05 PM
To add to everything, APD didn't do shit when kids were doing burn outs while I was pulling in (at 10:30AM). I mean dead-center-right-in-front of the cops burnouts.

DOHC ACCLUDE
04-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Ok we're on te same page, carry on lol

Vteckidd
04-23-2012, 07:39 PM
If those pics are accurate of mainstream, I would never host another meet ever again.

What absolute disrespect. You're given free venue and free NOS and your thanks is to trash someone eslses property?

No wonder the IQ of most of these kids is 12 and they'll be cleaning my toilet when they are older.

Fucking scum

LIKEG6
04-23-2012, 08:20 PM
IN for the private meet idea.

SPOOLIN
04-23-2012, 08:25 PM

1) import alliance promoting the meet need to be explicitly clear no burnouts or stuoid behavior is tolerated or you will be thrown out. They also need to stress 1 parking spot per attendant.

the problem is that they do that shit when they are leaving so you can't kick them out...and you can't gang up on them at that point and threaten them. I made fun of retards all day whilst I sat in my premo parking spot lol.

DOHC ACCLUDE
04-23-2012, 08:56 PM
IN for the private meet idea.

And what if you weren't INvited?

Exactly why it'll never happen

.blank cd
04-23-2012, 10:16 PM

I'm bringing back the 'so faking fresh' meets

firby911
04-23-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm bringing back the 'so faking fresh' meets

Please do it.....

K20Z1
04-24-2012, 12:33 AM
i was there for a mere 30 minutes.. i could tell it was gonna get stupid so i left lol

iamdallas
04-24-2012, 01:41 AM
I only went because there wasn't much else going on. Walked aroudn the lots and just stood up on the top of the wall and had fun conversation about the what people consider "acceptable" for their cars.
I didn't even realize they were kicking people when I left. APD was just starting to roll in as I pulled out....glad I missed the clusterfuck of everyone leaving. With each meet I attend, or have attended, and come to the conclusion that it's gone to shit, I get more and more disappointed by the "scene". Oh well, I need to find something better to do with my time anyway. No more V, the "new" WBs meets have already gone to shit, won't be attending any IA meets again...after this weekend I just really don't care for such things. Wo knows why I keep going to these things...it's probably the few people I actually do get to shoot the shit with about cars...

I will say the Mainstream meet was pretty chill though.

Your car looked quite elegant though.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

JITB
04-24-2012, 02:12 AM
Look at how those stupid fuckers left the joint, to show their appreciation.

There will always be trash to cleanup afterwards.. noone ever expects people to leavr with no trash. But compared to the crowd at mainstream the trash was not bad at all. And majority of the folks cleaned up behind themselves. I never leave a hosting place full of trash...and as always the trash is picked up, it is what it is! Mainstream was happy and everyone else was too!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JITB
04-24-2012, 02:17 AM
And to inform people truly why it was closed is because it was closed by the fire marshal because the crowd being 4x what was expected and apd did not have the manpower to let it get bigger, so they had to close.

Ia was fun to me i enjoyed it, i dont know why you all go to these things thinking it will be a civilized atmosphere.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bondo
04-24-2012, 05:33 AM
I had a good time hanging with friends and meeting new ppl, yes there was a few DA's making there selves look stupid but what can you do.... and for the guy pointing out that stanced cars were doing the burn outs well your a FUCKING RETARD cause iv got a stanced car and iv never have done a burn out in it

LIKEG6
04-24-2012, 05:49 AM

Lol. The guy said he wanted a meet for the mature people. I guess since I don't know you that means I'm not invited to your meet though.

DOHC ACCLUDE
04-24-2012, 06:39 AM
I'm just saying its not realistic to think that you could successfully have a large scale meet with only "mature" people or only "nice" cars...

Doppelgänger
04-24-2012, 06:52 AM
I will say, listening to a lot of people talking as I walked around IA.....

It was like being in a real-life episode of Squidbillies.

anyoneelseagree?

green91
04-24-2012, 07:21 AM
LOL well squidbillies is based in the appalachian mtns..

Sammich
04-24-2012, 07:29 AM

you're still missing the point....people are acting immature, period

csmiths
04-24-2012, 07:51 AM
I will say, listening to a lot of people talking as I walked around IA.....

It was like being in a real-life episode of Squidbillies.

anyoneelseagree?

im with you on this one. And there were so many toothless people, the crowd itself was just something to look at on its own.

Prime.
04-24-2012, 08:05 AM
All I have to say is that there was a potato hanging from the tow hook of the car behind me....

Apex i ITR
04-24-2012, 08:16 AM
I don't see people bitching about people doing burnouts and leaving sideways from Caffeine and Octane. Hooligan like behavior is tolerated when the cars are nice I guess.

For the record I have heard it was the fact they were over capacity not idiots burning out. I wonder if the organizers of IA will post what actually happened on their page (surely the cops told them why they were shutting it down).

Past IA's we pretty fun when they were at the parking garage and leaving people always lit it up and I never heard complaints then (Cops never stopped it either).

Oh well hopefully the relocated Charlotte show will be better.

D3UC3S
04-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Glad i went to RA and had a nice cookout with no bullshit. 180mph down into 10a is where its at!

Gettin old is nice!

Nerdsrock22
04-24-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't see people bitching about people doing burnouts and leaving sideways from Caffeine and Octane. Hooligan like behavior is tolerated when the cars are nice I guess.

For the record I have heard it was the fact they were over capacity not idiots burning out. I wonder if the organizers of IA will post what actually happened on their page (surely the cops told them why they were shutting it down).

Past IA's we pretty fun when they were at the parking garage and leaving people always lit it up and I never heard complaints then (Cops never stopped it either).

Oh well hopefully the relocated Charlotte show will be better.

Don Napier has posted on Facebook (and said at the meet) that it was due to overcapacity.

Vteckidd
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
I guess it just comes down to people setting examples for others.

IA the organization hasn't done ANYTHING WRONG, I was just saying they probably could benefit from warning people more (double parking, trash pick up, etc)

But if they are happy with it, then nothing will change. I mean its not on IA to change the "scenes" behavior, they are there to provide a venue for a meet.

Participants need to step up and act their age

Sammich
04-24-2012, 12:32 PM
I guess it just comes down to people setting examples for others.

IA the organization hasn't done ANYTHING WRONG, I was just saying they probably could benefit from warning people more (double parking, trash pick up, etc)

But if they are happy with it, then nothing will change. I mean its not on IA to change the "scenes" behavior, they are there to provide a venue for a meet.

Participants need to step up and act their age

Please dont say that because then the people that are a specific age will really act like dumbasses

Apex i ITR
04-24-2012, 02:45 PM
there is gonna be the element you guys are complaining about at every type of event like this. Shit talkers, crappy cars, unfinished cars, burnouts, d-bags, etc. You can try to stem these type of people from coming but ultimately you can't stop them. All you can do is set an example and keep it moving. I will be attending IA's if I can find the schedule until they stop doing them.

This has taken the place of the Nopi Nats

Hermin
04-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I think it was a great meet. I got there at 9:30 and stayed til 1:30. had fun. there will always be idiots, can't do much about it. they'll grow up one day.

funny thing was, all the burnouts and "pulls" on the street were 100hp civics, there were 500hp cars I know of that didnt even get to 3k rpms lol.

alpine_aw11
04-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I didn't go this year bc I'm riding a stock neon until the end of summer to save money. Hopefully next year when I have something respectable to show and I go to IA(I do plan on going) they will have some more rules laid down to stop the immature BS.

tdurr
04-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Lol @ all the bitching and moaning. It's just a meet not a car show.
People do all the same shit at "VIP meets" it's just a higher caliber of cars.

You just gotta focus on the good not the Ricers. Meet was good as long as you were in a good mood.

Vteckidd
04-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Sorry this is a Fu king car show.

I hate that crap, people make fun of 2003 nopi calling that crowd ricers because it was a "car show " but since this is called a "meet" it isn't the same.

Its a car show without judges

CHADbee
04-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Roy did rev his LFA a few times LOL he is such a ricer.

tdurr
04-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Sorry this is a Fu king car show.

I hate that crap, people make fun of 2003 nopi calling that crowd ricers because it was a "car show " but since this is called a "meet" it isn't the same.

Its a car show without judges

Wile the last part is true, to me ia is ment to be more of a kick it with friends/make new friends and talk cars n stuff.
the Ricers have just changed cars that's all. In 03 it was all body kits and revving now it just stock body low and revving.

Roy did rev his LFA a few times LOL he is such a ricer.

Lfa is a bit more acceptable.

blown_ss
04-24-2012, 09:46 PM
I don't do car shows and what nots because I guess I'm apart of the "older" crowd and I'm over dealing stupid ass people. The meet started off ok but went down hill fast. Why the hell were so many people driving their cars around in circles in the parking lot? It's called a parking lot not a driving lot, get you lazy ass out of that rust bucket and walk like the rest of us. I'm not going to go over everything that has been covered already. One thing that I didn't see anyone talk about were the so called "parents" out there. Why the hell did I see so many kids in strollers with no jackets or blankets? Did you retards not look at the weather before you left? You should have found a babysitter or stayed at home. For you people that had kids/infants out there that looked like they were still on the nipple, you should be shot plain and simple.

I know the last comments had nothing to do with how good the show was but it pissed me off more then any burn out or rev. I guess that's the parent in me.

Apex i ITR
04-24-2012, 10:06 PM
My kids have been to alot of car shows from the time they were breast feeding until now (10 and 7).

Apex i ITR
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Lfa is a bit more acceptable.

And therin lies the rub. Its ok if a high end car does it but something that costs less then 80k makes it rice.

Can't have one without the other.

Kckouki
04-24-2012, 10:21 PM
You people bitching are idiots. You all are the same people who bitch about it every time and still end up going to it. Boo-hoo.

Honestly, I doubt I.A could care less if you all don't come or not, the meet keeps getting bigger and bigger every year, and there making good money out of it. The couple people bitching isnt gonna stop them or change anything.

I drove from Knoxville and had a great time. I guess you all just had your pannys in a wad because no one was paying any attention to your peice of shit.

.blank cd
04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
You people bitching are idiots. You all are the same people who bitch about it every time and still end up going to it. Boo-hoo.

Honestly, I doubt I.A could care less if you all don't come or not, the meet keeps getting bigger and bigger every year, and there making good money out of it. The couple people bitching isnt gonna stop them or change anything.

I drove from Knoxville and had a great time. I guess you all just had your pannys in a wad because no one was paying any attention to your peice of shit.

I'm sorry, who are you again? Isn't it past your bedtime little girl?

Kckouki
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Past my bed time? That was a great come back, I bet it took you forever to come up with that one. I applaud you.

With 6,000 cars do you not expect a couple of people to act like idiots? I mean it would be that way with any car show with any amount of volume.
I got there at 7:30, parked my car and didnt move all day. Had a great time.

If you're so sick of the scene why don't you sell your little amazing 90's Honda and get in a car that's actually worth a shit and leave it?

.blank cd
04-24-2012, 10:45 PM
:gay:
Past my bed time? That was a great come back, I bet it took you forever to come up with that one. I applaud you.

With 6,000 cars do you not expect a couple of people to act like idiots? I mean it would be that way with any car show with any amount of volume.
I got there at 7:30, parked my car and didnt move all day. Had a great time.

If you're so sick of the scene why don't you sell your little amazing 90's Honda and get in a car that's actually worth a shit and leave it?LOL. Maybe I should get a mid 90's Lexus, or maybe a mid 90's 240 so I can be cool like you :gay:

Kckouki
04-24-2012, 10:49 PM
I would say do it, but you probably couldn't sell you car for enough money to get one. :idb:

Echonova
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
I didn't go. I didn't miss IA one bit, and I'm sure IA feels likewise about me.

Yes, stupid shit has happened in the past at import "car shows/meets", nothing new there. However, it seems as the cars keep getting bigger/faster/more powerful, the drivers IQ falls in direct correlation. Of course I'm speaking to ones that do burnouts/drift/mount a bike rack and not to you, the person reading this.

I also find the trash left behind disturbing, but more over the people that thinks it's no big deal. "Waahhh, there weren't enough trash cans", "Waahhhh I would have had to walk across the parking lot. Waaahhhhh". "Wahhhhhh, I don't live here, what do I care".

When I go camping/hiking, I can't recall seeing any trash cans close by. You pack it in, you pack it out. How hard is that?

Maybe I am just getting old, but I'm also tired of all the walking stereotypes I see at these meets. And it just seems to get worse every year.

CSquared
04-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Haha, thats my lexus. You must have liked it judging by all the pics :p

You missed this though :(

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/kornothekob/DSC_6348.jpg

I want to be just like you when i grow... i mean regress to adolescence.

Dj Syco
04-25-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm sorry, who are you again? Isn't it past your bedtime little girl?

nice maturity. :rolleyes:

yeah, sucks ass that idiots were there. Hi, welcome to planet earth, its full of idiots.
sucks that those idiots don't know how to pick up trash, again, should be established since they're idiots. I mean, really, what else would you expect?
Also sucks (almost)no one got in trouble for burnouts/drifts, but APD sucks huge donkey bone. go figure.

In all honesty if you went once and it was crappy, why go again? and even if you went twice and had the same experience twice WHY go again?!? I think you should turn all that anger and crap on yourself for not learning your lesson.

If you wanna fix the problems then help IA make it a better event, if not, quit yer bitchin. its annoying.

-EnVus-
04-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Just imagine if one of the douche racing around or acting out lost control and hit the LFA or GT-R if not a person. It would take them a life time to replace it lol

Elbow
04-25-2012, 05:43 AM
Whatever the reason, something tells me if this was a parking lot full of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Astons, and so on, there would still be people there right now.

That's because most people at those meets are respectable members of society.

Just why I refuse to attend that shit...Ill stick to my small town gatherings or local meet ups. I can just login on here and watch for all the pitiful picture threads and fulfill my needs.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lawpko.jpg

True. Everyone is a photographer these days. Don't forget your watermarks people!

I live two blocks away from Turner Field. I was excited to attend this year as I had missed last spring. I woke up around 11 with much excitement as I could already hear some of the cars down the street. I headed down to the parking lots around 2 as I figured the turnout must be huge by this time. Much to my dismay the event had been canceled. I walked around a couple of the lots and surveyed what was left in them. I watched cars leave down Capital Ave, revving to redline for no reason and attempting to do burnouts in traffic. I cursed the ricers as angrily walked back home. I hopped in the 7 and went for a joy ride to ease my frustrations. As I come down Capital to get on the highway I have kids yell at me " Rev the engine bro! How much boost are you making?". My joy ride takes me south of the city and then over East, eventually North as I work my way down South again. Taking Peachtree St. home I see an awesome crew of S2000s and Civics roll by, Big props to those guys as your cars looked immaculate. A few turns away from my house I pass a group of teens hopping out of a 300zx. The driver yells over to me "DRIFT MAN!" as I pass. This meet is noe on the ever growing list of meets I will never attend again.

Fuck. Ricers.

Stupid kids.

I have still yet to see the benefits of revving your engine and doing burnouts in public areas. There is no point unless we were holding a "Stupid" contest. I bet more than half doing burnouts and revving were all Hellaflush and trend following styled cars.

Ummmm dude, if you don't you don't have balls. Everyone knows revving and burnouts is just a way to show your manhood.

Or lack there of.

I think it's fucking retarded to take a new car and gut the interior, put a big wing, sticky tires, and a diffuser to call it a race car. Do I go up to people who do that and say how stupid it is? No.

You should. The kids that do it can't even go fast enough to use it. Nobody needs aero and sticky tires with zero track time under their belt.

Damn ricers.

Far from childish sir. Let me let you in on some lifelong advice. When you get older, you'll look back and say "damn. He was spot on". Your "friends" are not the people who suck your dick because you have $2000+ on your car. The owner of the TSX and his cronies doesn't know that yet. They're young. It's understandable. He's got a lot of maturing to do.

LOL

LOL I was over there looking at the exhaust on the black gtr, had seen it online and was really impressed in person. although the whole time I was standing there all i heard was stupid rednecks and dumb kids, talk about how you should be drifting it. i seen the one of the guys that yelled do a burn out. he was wearing a daytona 500 shirt, camo shorts, a coors light and a stroller with a infant.

Kenny Powers!

lol all them posers drinking them NOS Drinks ive never drank one that shit kills your kidneys

NOS is disgusting. Red Bull is where it's at.

All I have to say is that there was a potato hanging from the tow hook of the car behind me....

LMFAO

People do bitch about those people.

Although we can all agree if you're going to act like an immature douche at least don't do it in a 100HP Civic or a 150HP 240SX.

Glad i went to RA and had a nice cookout with no bullshit. 180mph down into 10a is where its at!

Gettin old is nice!

I went up there Friday for like an hour, it gets old fast. lol Cars > bikes in my opinion. Come this weekend for the real action.

Lol @ all the bitching and moaning. It's just a meet not a car show.
People do all the same shit at "VIP meets" it's just a higher caliber of cars.

You just gotta focus on the good not the Ricers. Meet was good as long as you were in a good mood.

It's definitely a show.

I'm guessing you did a burnout?

I would say do it, but you probably couldn't sell you car for enough money to get one. :idb:

LMFAO who can't afford a 240 or a 90s Lexus?

RICER!

Just imagine if one of the douche racing around or acting out lost control and hit the LFA or GT-R if not a person. It would take them a life time to replace it lol

Well the LFA is so overpriced it isn't funny so I'd argue that in court. lol

southside
04-25-2012, 08:38 AM
BTW people just to give you a little extra relief.Went to sell s300 at varsity yesterday.....Same guy I was talking about with the red hatch,with spray painted shark teeth on the front???Saw him broke down on the hwy by 285 couldnt do anything but LOL.My brother was like Karmas a bitch huh!?

Doppelgänger
04-25-2012, 09:13 AM
I didn't go. I didn't miss IA one bit, and I'm sure IA feels likewise about me.

Yes, stupid shit has happened in the past at import "car shows/meets", nothing new there. However, it seems as the cars keep getting bigger/faster/more powerful, the drivers IQ falls in direct correlation. Of course I'm speaking to ones that do burnouts/drift/mount a bike rack and not to you, the person reading this.

I also find the trash left behind disturbing, but more over the people that thinks it's no big deal. "Waahhh, there weren't enough trash cans", "Waahhhh I would have had to walk across the parking lot. Waaahhhhh". "Wahhhhhh, I don't live here, what do I care".

When I go camping/hiking, I can't recall seeing any trash cans close by. You pack it in, you pack it out. How hard is that?

Maybe I am just getting old, but I'm also tired of all the walking stereotypes I see at these meets. And it just seems to get worse every year.

I did make the observation at IA that every trashcan I saw (you know, the ones the size of 55gal drums) were full and overflowing. So at least most of the people had been using them until there was nowhere for the trash to go. I mostly blame the mass amounts of garbage on the NOS people for giving out so much of that shit....and the people handing out flyers.

Elbow
04-25-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't get why people don't just bring a bag for trash in their car. Either take the trash home in the bag or at least leave the bag tied at a trash can.

That's what I do at big events, but hey thath juth me.

.blank cd
04-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Damn Simon, umad?

Apex i ITR
04-25-2012, 10:43 AM

You do realize that 240's became EXACTLY like hondas once drifting got popular. I could see you saying this if you drove a Porsche or something fast out of the box. You really aren't in a position to say anything about Honda's. LOL. Just saying.

Elbow
04-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Damn Simon, umad?

Where did I post anything that made me sound mad? :thinking: lol

Axix23
04-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Look guys. This was the first year they had it at Turner Field. IA staff had no idea it would be this much more people. We are just soo lucky to have this kind of event in Atl, close to us. Alot of people drove 8-12 hours away where we drive 20-30 min. away. The IA staff did an awesome job regardless what APD did and etc. We all know ricers will always do stupid stuff. Can't prevent it. Now, if the police started enforcing some rules and etc, others wouldn't have done stupid stuff.

If you are into cars, this event was the bomb. To all the people that complain and whine how it sucked, get a life, don't go next time. Simple as that.

Black R
04-25-2012, 01:37 PM
+1 for the op.

Repped.

brownhelmet1
04-25-2012, 02:09 PM
this rant is out of control i only went to check out the car show hoes and then i asked them "now who cooks and cleans" + there were some clean cars there just wasnt enough time to see all of it i barely made through the lower parking lot

P.S. all those stupid kids yelling burnout, either rode to the meet with a friend or dont even have a car. Nor will they understand why real car enthuist are mature adults

thegovanator
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM

OOOOHHH EMMMMM GEEEEE THAT IS SOFAKANG KEEEEEEWLLL. DO U HAVE A TOOOOJAYZEEE TWIN TARBO???

ash7
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Perhaps Alliance has finally jumped the shark...

-jonathan asher

JennB
04-25-2012, 03:25 PM
:yes::yes::yes:

Exactly why I made no effort to go. I was out of town but could have stayed around if i wanted to go. I'd be afraid to park my car there though.

It's a shame. Myself and so many people I've known or met enjoy cars and can act like adults but can't find events to go to because they get ruined by this mess. Events get shut down by the cops, people don't want to take nice cars because they are afraid of damage, it's ridiculous. I actually think it's sad for younger people just getting into the "scene" and it's like this.

At least there's still C&O, though I cringe when I see random ricer cars there, and the various events at RA for people who want more than just standing around in a parking lot. I got over that years ago.

Vteckidd
04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not "bitching". I don't go to IA because I have zero in common with anyone who attends anymore. I learned that when I got talked into going to IA two years ago I walked around for 15 minutes and left.

There isn't anything anyone can do to a Honda anymore that makes me want to go pay $10 and waste a few hours of my day.

Actually...... There isn't ANY car worth my time to do that. LFA is cool, but I really could care less about seeing one. I just don't care.

The rants is more about constructive criticism to a select few who may read this. It seems as the majority of people in here agree with blank.CD comments.

I live in downtown and luckily was out of town this weekend. But the culture of the kids attending is rude, disrespectful, immature, etc.

Then I see pics posted of mainstream with that trash left out, makes me want to vomit.

Burnouts ? Really? No wonder everyone thinks the import scene is full of morons

Kamikaze
04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Geoff, you seemed so calm when I saw you later on in the day lol. I agree with what you're saying though. I've thought the scene has been getting worse for a while now. All these kids want to be the next internet sensation, modifying their cars to maximize their chances for a feature rather than doing it out of passion for the hobby. I think it's more of a generational thing though. The kind of idiocy you speak of isn't limited to automotive culture, it's just highly concentrated at these types of events.

blown_ss
04-25-2012, 09:52 PM
My kids have been to alot of car shows from the time they were breast feeding until now (10 and 7).

Bringing your kids is not the problem, not having them dressed for the weather is. It was chilly that morning and the wind was blowing hard which made it worse.

Firefightin_tC
04-25-2012, 10:07 PM
I did enjoy reading all 7 pages of this thread.

Kckouki
04-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Lmfao, you all are so cute. <3

To the guy that said somthing about 240's, it was a joke, ive had 240's for 6 years. I think I know alittle bit about them.

People take the internet way to seriously, why don't you guys take a break and try and go get laid?

.blank cd
04-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Lmfao, you all are so cute.Wise words coming from the only one in this thread born in the 90s

-EnVus-
04-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Wise words coming from the only one in this thread born in the 90s
Run DMC is his idea of Classic Rock el oh el

TheVengeance
04-26-2012, 01:08 AM
*sigh

iamdallas
04-26-2012, 02:57 AM
I've thought the scene has been getting worse for a while now. All these kids want to be the next internet sensation, modifying their cars to maximize their chances for a feature rather than doing it out of passion for the hobby.

100% agreement here.

I don't know about you guys. But I truly don't mind to watch a burnout. I think its hilarious and good fun. I don't do them. Ever. I hate that they give me a bad name and so on, but if someone does a burnout in front of me I'm gonna laugh! Wholeheartedly - and take a picture. That's just me being honest.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

eraser4g63
04-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Huh, I thought I was the only one getting old and pissed, We should start a support group. And O.P. you just described every reason as to why I am getting out of imports for a while.

Apex i ITR
04-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Bringing your kids is not the problem, not having them dressed for the weather is. It was chilly that morning and the wind was blowing hard which made it worse.
Some people should be parents.

My wife and I went to see Think like a man opening night at a 10pm showing......WTF was someone there with their trio of Toddlers. Can't find a baby sitter.......sit your ass at home.

Oops wrong rant, My bad.

Apex i ITR
04-26-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm always going to love cars. Period. I know I'll have to take the good with the bad. i really don't car about the kids that are retarded. Eventually they'll either smarten up or hopefully move on to something else.

bukjoe15
04-26-2012, 11:04 AM
IA was fun. We need more events like this.

ash7
04-26-2012, 05:50 PM
im with you on this one. And there were so many toothless people, the crowd itself was just something to look at on its own.

Instead of the "People of WalMart" it could be the "People of IA 2012" :)

-jonathan asher

iGreek
04-26-2012, 06:25 PM
I love those who complain about the whole situation, but expect it. What else did you expect? You see primered cars taking up 2-3 spots and an Audi R8 parked perfectly. The same stuff happens at Caffeine and Octane, or any other car show! You can't keep the idiots away. Everyone needs to show that they have big balls, which does exactly the opposite of what they want. It makes them look like asshats.

Also, don't generalize groups. They are dipshits that own a multiple variety of cars. I own a 5 series. Does that make me an ass? No. I always have people ask my why I have a loud v8, but don't rev. My answer? There is a time and place for everything.

Just learn to ignore the idiots and go to enjoy time with your friends and to look at the cars that were worked hard on. Don't give two shits about other people. It'll will you much happier and make them angrier when you ignore them!

MachNU
04-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Meh, I did not read all of this thread...but I can imagine most of it. I will go ahead and side with the group that calls this scene trash. Its pointless to go too a meet and watch nothing but $500 rice rockets by the droves! You find one nice car for every 50 pieces of shit out there at these type of meets/events.

I also agree with the OP on never going again. After last years cluster fuck which was one of the worst meets ever....I said I would never go again. Well got up at 10am Sunday morning with nothing else too do and decided to go anyways. Just like last year...what a complete waste of time. The Mainstream Welcome to Atlanta meet was leaps and bounds better than the IA meet.

They want to make IA better...do not allow anyone under 21 to attend. Hire officers to walk around, they see a parking violation or someone doing something stupid...ticket them and tell them to leave. Simple as that.

Echonova
04-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Instead of the "People of WalMart" it could be the "People of IA 2012" :)

-jonathan asher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qFNBkS6A2uc#!

D3UC3S
04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Lol

LIKEG6
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
If they did over 21 they wouldn't make as much money.

Cops do need to enforce the law though instead of pretty much just sitting there watching everyone act like idiots.

PTCDC5
04-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Meh, I did not read all of this thread...but I can imagine most of it. I will go ahead and side with the group that calls this scene trash. Its pointless to go too a meet and watch nothing but $500 rice rockets by the droves! You find one nice car for every 50 pieces of shit out there at these type of meets/events.

I also agree with the OP on never going again. After last years cluster fuck which was one of the worst meets ever....I said I would never go again. Well got up at 10am Sunday morning with nothing else too do and decided to go anyways. Just like last year...what a complete waste of time. The Mainstream Welcome to Atlanta meet was leaps and bounds better than the IA meet.

They want to make IA better...do not allow anyone under 21 to attend. Hire officers to walk around, they see a parking violation or someone doing something stupid...ticket them and tell them to leave. Simple as that.
That wouldn't do anything, there were morons of all ages in attendance. I know 16 year old kids who are more mature than some "adults", so your logic is flawed.

MachNU
04-26-2012, 08:21 PM
That wouldn't do anything, there were morons of all ages in attendance. I know 16 year old kids who are more mature than some "adults", so your logic is flawed.

Not really. i will take a trade off of stopping the 75% of under age morons from getting in with there $500 rice rockets, in comparison to the 20% of morons over 21. You will see a nicer collection of cars vs one nice car per 50 shitty cars. So therefore...my logic is fine.

firby911
04-26-2012, 08:23 PM

I agree,that wouldnt do shit.

Elbow
04-26-2012, 08:54 PM

This made my night.

LMFAO

I love the FWD drivers dumping the clutch with the wheels turned showing what understeer really is and the RWD drivers getting the tail end slightly out before shitting themselves and going home to say how they drifted leaving IA.

PTCDC5
04-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Not really. i will take a trade off of stopping the 75% of under age morons from getting in with there $500 rice rockets, in comparison to the 20% of morons over 21. You will see a nicer collection of cars vs one nice car per 50 shitty cars. So therefore...my logic is fine.

My mistake, I didn't realize you had hard and fast facts and figures as to the percentage of morons per age demographic and were an authority on the issue. You're right. :bow:

MachNU
04-26-2012, 09:07 PM
My mistake, I didn't realize you had hard and fast facts and figures as to the percentage of morons per age demographic and were an authority on the issue. You're right. :bow:

If you do not believe me then your one of the morons who I am talking about. There is a much larger % of morons who attend these meets under 21 then there are over 21.

PTCDC5
04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
If you do not believe me then your one of the morons who I am talking about. There is a much larger % of morons who attend these meets under 21 then there are over 21.
You're missing the mark dude, you're trying to lay down a blanket statement that you have ZERO support to back it up with. I'm not saying young kids don't do dumb shit. I am saying you are wrong by targeting a specific age demographic and pulling figures out of your ass. How about we say blacks, mexicans, and all other minorities aren't allowed to attend because they drive these "$500 rice rockets"? Same concept, you can't make assumptions like that, it makes YOU look like the moron. And since you like to name call, you're the moron who used "your" instead of "you're".

MachNU
04-26-2012, 09:24 PM
You're missing the mark dude, you're trying to lay down a blanket statement that you have ZERO support to back it up with. I'm not saying young kids don't do dumb shit. I am saying you are wrong by targeting a specific age demographic and pulling figures out of your ass. How about we say blacks, mexicans, and all other minorities aren't allowed to attend because they drive these "$500 rice rockets"? Same concept, you can't make assumptions like that, it makes YOU look like the moron. And since you like to name call, you're the moron who used "your" instead of "you're".

You really must be part of that demographic as your defending it so hard. In all the years I have been to shows its always the kids under age that do the most dumb shit. I agree there is morons north of that age...but the vast majority is below. I think you really are just blind to it.

To the last sentence...did not realize this was GrammarCheckAtlanta.

MachNU
04-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Hell, I can think of a perfect example. Years back after a really old and fun meet was closed down in Buford back in 2006, some high schoolers tried restarting it in 2008. Well Doppelganger and myself went to watch this get shut down. One of the most funny and proven meets ever. Almost everyone that showed were high schoolers...after numerous burn outs and "honda sliding" a rich kid decided to park his WRX in a ditch...while we stood at the top of the hill and laughed. Go to more events and pay attention. You will see most of the dumbshit is done by kids and ricers.

Echonova
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Hell, I can think of a perfect example. Years back after a really old and fun meet was closed down in Buford back in 2006, some high schoolers tried restarting it in 2008. Well Doppelganger and myself went to watch this get shut down. One of the most funny and proven meets ever. Almost everyone that showed were high schoolers...after numerous burn outs and "honda sliding" a rich kid decided to park his WRX in a ditch...while we stood at the top of the hill and laughed. Go to more events and pay attention. You will see most of the dumbshit is done by kids and ricers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Us8DR1naA

-EnVus-
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Meehicans fight at gatherings damn who knew....

SHAUNvX
04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
LOL at all of the age comments, Im 18 and i dont try to burnout in my JDM front integra and its not a $500 rice rocket. I had alot of people come up to me and tell me that they really liked my car just saying.:yes:

gtsxtt
04-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Hell I wish mommy and daddy bought me tires to roast and gas to burn. I simply cant afford to drive like a dick.

-EnVus-
04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
I remember doing a burnout at a meet when I was 17 In my POS Camaro and a cop gave me my very first Ticket. If they ever invent a time machine i plan on going back and kicking my self in the balls....

gtsxtt
04-27-2012, 12:40 AM
haha I take that back I've done one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9TwbbY5t8

-EnVus-
04-27-2012, 12:44 AM
haha I take that back I've done one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9TwbbY5t8
At the 0:32 mark what was said "Mom goes on youtube and says what did you do in my car" ? LMAO

CHADbee
04-27-2012, 08:45 AM
I've done a few burnouts at car events before............................................ ..in the waterbox before I lined up at the tree.

Vteckidd
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
i dont know if id say 21, but definetly sub 25 for sure. THat doesnt mean ALL kids under 25 are morons, just that the majority are lol.

That last video is exactly the crowd im talking about. I watch a video like that and im like, WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANT TO BE AROUND THAT?

I dont need it, i have much more fun going to hawks/falcons/braves games than car shows.

Apex i ITR
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I actually didn't have a problem with the guys lighting it up getting on the highway. I've done that sometimes by myself without the cameras
And its kinda what people from C&O do and they aren't young for the most part.

LOL at the few cars that almost lost control and the peg leg burnouts and fails.

japan4racing
04-27-2012, 12:00 PM

This video was truly the most awful collection of the shittiest cars ever with the shittiest drivers I think I have ever seen.

Julio
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM

Lol @ this thread.. This video is funny, i only watched 2 minutes, and all the cars doing dumb shit for the most parts were the hondas... Lmao...

I have more important things to do with my life.. I enjoy cars..but will not waste my time anymore.. The new breed today are hands down worst then before..

I called this back in 2007...

-EnVus-
04-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Lol @ this thread.. This video is funny, i only watched 2 minutes, and all the cars doing dumb shit for the most parts were the hondas... Lmao...

I have more important things to do with my life.. I enjoy cars..but will not waste my time anymore.. The new breed today are hands down worst then before..

This is why im done with the import scene these days im going back old school or american muscle at least the old schoolers keep it real.

CHADbee
04-27-2012, 07:00 PM

There are responsible and mature car enthusiasts out there.....they just aren't at Import Alliance. This is one of the reasons Caffeine and Octane is at 8am, these ricer kids are up all night drinking fourloko's and smoking "the pot" so they don't get up at 7am to attend a car meet, which is awesome.

Julio
04-27-2012, 07:18 PM
There are responsible and mature car enthusiasts out there.....they just aren't at Import Alliance. This is one of the reasons Caffeine and Octane is at 8am, these ricer kids are up all night drinking fourloko's and smoking "the pot" so they don't get up at 7am to attend a car meet, which is awesome.

Absolutely.

Julio
04-27-2012, 07:26 PM
This is why im done with the import scene these days im going back old school or american muscle at least the old schoolers keep it real.

Honestly, i would be embarrassed to be driving a civic like i did before.. All decked out.. In today's world. I just dont think civics are nice anymore.. Stock, to drive everyday, no problem....

-EnVus-
04-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Honestly, i would be embarrassed to be driving a civic like i did before.. All decked out.. In today's world. I just dont think civics are nice anymore.. Stock, to drive everyday, no problem....
Yeah I miss my Civics but mostly just the gas mileage and dependability not modifying hell Civics have been driven into the ground. Only reason i see people still modifying civics is for the older ones its rare for me to see a New one fixed up. Honda went to Chick car looking with style and ended those days IMO

Apex i ITR
04-28-2012, 02:53 AM
I miss my civic. It wasn't a hacked up piece of crap. My son wants one and I promised him we'd build a decent one with a K motor. I don't think there is anything wrong with them.

Echonova
04-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I truly do miss my old CRX (circa mid to late 90's). Nowadays it would be considered a total rice mobile... I had an Aerogear "Predator" hood, Z3 fenders, Monster Autometer tach on the dash and Motegi MR7 wheels (if you haven't owned a set, you ain't down).

(The Wings West bumper was painted to match the rest of the car after this pic was taken)
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/f135c243.jpg

I also had a two stage Nitrous system and put 386 to the wheels from a built B16. I was the king shit for a while. Now those power levels are laughed at, but it's easy for kids these days to follow in the footsteps of others and improve. Hell, I remember making my own "cold air intake" because no made one for a '87 Acura Integra. Import aftermarket only existed if you had a VW Bug.

Julio
04-28-2012, 12:45 PM
lol.. dont get me wrong.. i often had thoughts of finding my old EK and buying it back.. but then what.. lol

Right there w/ you Echo.. Wings west back in 1998.. Rice Rice baby !

Julio
04-28-2012, 12:47 PM
99/2000 or so.. at the Big chicken..

Julio
04-28-2012, 12:49 PM
2003.. Big time car show days..

Julio
04-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I said to myself much time wasted being a ricer..and stripped it and sold it.. 04

Julio
04-28-2012, 01:00 PM
while trying to sell the Ek.. i found a good deal on a salvage EG, bought it.. $300.. rebuilt it, LS swap.. Spent about 1700 bucks to rebuild.. EG's had so much demand, I sold for $5100.. talk about a nice profit.. Both civics sold in the same week. :crazy:

I do miss the red EK.. however times have changed.. back then we had idiots, but today I see worst idiots out there. Not worth me going out.. I may go out here and there and check some cars out... incognito though..

We were all big time ricers.. I rather stack my $$$ and spend on other things..I have a few more payments to finish paying off my Vette, once that's payed.. and if everything works out, going back to the dealer and picking up a S2000 or a C6-Z06. Im leaning more towards the s2k.. not sure if I want to have 2 vettes.. but I don't know.. what I do know is, I doubt I will modding anything any time soon..

Special-K
04-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Very Well Said Sir. People are FUCKING IDIOTS these days. and the most of them have their nose so far in the air and their thumb up their ass that i cant stand them. I could not have said anything about this better. And I Absolutely Love the End Statement. Great Callout

Echonova
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I said to myself much time wasted being a ricer..and stripped it and sold it.. 04Seriously... I would still rock it in that final trim today. Still looks better than 98% of new cars.

I'm looking for another beater right now. Seriously, a truck I could give two shits about. Because I really don't need four cars, but the cars you don't care about always end up being the best.

I mean, my Miata isn't the greatest. But I don't owe a penny to anyone for anything except monthly bills. Freedom is indeed a wonderful thing. Sure there are days when I think to myself "myself, a super/turbo charger would be the bee's knees". But then I think about all the pain in the ass it is to upkeep and why would I want to make my car unreliable blah,blah,blah.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/f910a6ea.jpg
Most Miata owners hate me because of the teeth, and glow in the dark wheels. Because Miatas R serious bidness don't you know. I just want the scene to be like it was, everybody helping everybody. Seems to me that vibe is only with the old-schoolers now. But I digest...

D3UC3S
04-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Lol my 02 civic had white MR7s. White on white baby!

Echonova
04-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Lol my 02 civic had white MR7s. White on white baby!You sir, qualify for the club. We have jackets.

.blank cd
04-28-2012, 04:44 PM
I wanna jacket!

CHADbee
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
You sir, qualify for the club. We have jackets.

I'll take one, I had white MR7's on my B16 swapped 96 civic with a buddy club 2 body kit and shaved door handles. Baws.

Echonova
04-28-2012, 05:41 PM
We should make our own club. Kinda like the BloodMasters, but more awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJSakvx3J2E

We could make stickers 'n shit. And If your not cool you don't get in. So far everyone that has owned up to MR7's is cool as hell.

As would be expected.

D3UC3S
04-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Naturally.

I had 18s...blue underbody neons...and about 1200' of blue wire loom under the hood.

When i sold it 5 yrs later, i took all the loom off and it looked like a brand new motor. Bonus!

gtsxtt
04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
We should make our own club. Kinda like the BloodMasters, but more awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJSakvx3J2E

We could make stickers 'n shit. And If your not cool you don't get in. So far everyone that has owned up to MR7's is cool as hell.

As would be expected.

Ha that was some funny shit. You guys should do it.

hondaxpurt
04-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Im confused. Is it MANDATORY to take up multiple parking spots if you have shitty enkei wheels? If so, I need to stay away from those because my wife would kick my ass for taking up more than one parking spot. She red headed and pregnant. And a little looney sometimes. (keep this on the DL for the love of god)

-EnVus-
04-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Im confused. Is it MANDATORY to take up multiple parking spots if you have shitty enkei wheels? If so, I need to stay away from those because my wife would kick my ass for taking up more than one parking spot. She red headed and pregnant. And a little looney sometimes. (keep this on the DL for the love of god)
Guess so you need lots of space when you have big egos

hondaxpurt
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Guess so you need lots of space when you have big egos

Well you know what they say....BIG EGOS=small brain. (i read that on wiki, look it up.)

Echonova
04-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Naturally.

I had 18s...blue underbody neons...and about 1200' of blue wire loom under the hood.

When i sold it 5 yrs later, i took all the loom off and it looked like a brand new motor. Bonus!You sir... have a spot as an Honorary board member.

Im confused. Is it MANDATORY to take up multiple parking spots if you have shitty enkei wheels? If so, I need to stay away from those because my wife would kick my ass for taking up more than one parking spot. She red headed and pregnant. And a little looney sometimes. (keep this on the DL for the love of god)Well, as the old saying goes... Red on the head... Fire in the hole.

As far and wide birth as my sexual escapades have reached, I have found this statement to be true. You get double dap + platinum privileges membership for knocking up a ginger.

hondaxpurt
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
You sir... have a spot as an Honorary board member.

Well, as the old saying goes... Red on the head... Fire in the hole.

As far and wide birth as my sexual escapades have reached, I have found this statement to be true. You get double dap + platinum privileges membership for knocking up a ginger.

Why thank you sir. When i asked her last night (jokingly of course) if the kid was mine, she simply fired back with this: "If its not, you sure did try hard." i was like WTF?????

D3UC3S
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
:cheers:

Apex i ITR
04-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Since we are posting old Honda's we used to own:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iKroV5LDQho/T51bXCZehZI/AAAAAAAADUI/C3dvQh2A7tY/s720/Green%2520Hatch%25208.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-VSrJfVyBQdY/T51bWxPx0PI/AAAAAAAADS8/5S40IbGsYAw/s720/Green%2520Hatch%25207.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Jg2OKRJstPc/T51bXsbQ3WI/AAAAAAAADTU/Wsb-HswGgQ8/s720/Green%2520Hatch%25209.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-h3BvtD0uUoA/T51bYBwLIfI/AAAAAAAADTk/_Gn0zRA1Ir0/s720/Green%2520Hatch1.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-d8YYDT6ZWdY/T51biC8i3PI/AAAAAAAADT0/1pcd_JrJY8U/s720/Integra%2520Type-R%25201.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T-i9jAp_HY0/T51biAQBPmI/AAAAAAAADTw/HjTOyROaz0Q/s720/Intergra%2520Type-R%25202.jpg

hondaxpurt
04-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Since we are posting old Honda's we used to own:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iKroV5LDQho/T51bXCZehZI/AAAAAAAADUI/C3dvQh2A7tY/s720/Green%2520Hatch%25208.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-VSrJfVyBQdY/T51bWxPx0PI/AAAAAAAADS8/5S40IbGsYAw/s720/Green%2520Hatch%25207.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Jg2OKRJstPc/T51bXsbQ3WI/AAAAAAAADTU/Wsb-HswGgQ8/s720/Green%2520Hatch%25209.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-h3BvtD0uUoA/T51bYBwLIfI/AAAAAAAADTk/_Gn0zRA1Ir0/s720/Green%2520Hatch1.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-d8YYDT6ZWdY/T51biC8i3PI/AAAAAAAADT0/1pcd_JrJY8U/s720/Integra%2520Type-R%25201.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T-i9jAp_HY0/T51biAQBPmI/AAAAAAAADTw/HjTOyROaz0Q/s720/Intergra%2520Type-R%25202.jpg

My EGO point proven.

Austin?
04-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Ricer

hondaxpurt
04-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Ricer

Good call

LIKEG6
04-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I didn't have any mr7's. My friend had some of them th that were chrome and 18" that I borrowed one time on my EF.

I did however own a set of 16" Niche shox. Which were gangster.

Apex i ITR
04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Not sure how your EGO point was proven but glad i could help. LOL

Echonova
04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I didn't have any mr7's. My friend had some of them th that were chrome and 18" that I borrowed one time on my EF.

I did however own a set of 16" Niche shox. Which were gangster.Those were indeed gangster... But they were not MR7's. But having a friend that had MR7's... Well, close enough. I will make you a prospect. You'll have to earn your own way in.

Not sure how your EGO point was proven but glad i could help. LOLNice cars, but no MR7's... So I'm not sure where you were going with that, in a thread clearly about MR7's and how they were the coolest wheel ever made.

Ever.

hondaxpurt
04-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Nice cars, but no MR7's... So I'm not sure where you were going with that, in a thread clearly about MR7's and how they were the coolest wheel ever made.

Ever.

Absolutely my point. Someone obviously thought talking about mr7 wheels meant its time to post pics of old cars. So in turn- BIG EGO=small brain. IMO he was just looking for an excuse to post up pics of decently nice cars....

Apex i ITR
04-29-2012, 08:18 PM
pretty much. my bad. carry on

D3UC3S
04-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I need Brett to bring up some pics of my car from back in the Unique Creations days.

Echonova
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Did it have Motegi MR7 wheels?

-EnVus-
04-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I once sold a set of MR7

D3UC3S
04-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Ya it was the white on white one

tnomud
04-29-2012, 11:12 PM

I have Enkei's and only took up one spot.:goodjob:

This was my first, and my last IA. There was some nice stuff there, and a bunch of junk. I know everyone has their own tastes and budget, but come on people. There was plenty of cars there that I would never own, but they were well done and I can appreciate that. But there was a ton of garbage as well. I am not going to point fingers, nor play the "my car's better than yours" game. I have owned, and do own a wide array of fun cars. I have been on a budget in life too. But there were cars there that had absolutely no right to be there. If your car is not a clean DD at the least, you are part of the elements of this shows early closing.

Back in the 90's when the Import Scene started to rise, there was a short 10-15 year window of cars that had significance. (generally speaking, I know that there are exceptions). Here we are in 2012, 20 years later. The pool has grown in width and depth. IE: honda made 2 or 3 interesting variations in 1992, not they make 10 a year. At the same time, cars that were cool in 1992, have become way more economically priced and obtainable to a lower class of people. Back in the day, it was pretty damn tough to have a respectable car for under $5K (in 90's money). Not anymore. That being said, it has opened the window of the sport to some that have lesser standards in behavior, clothing, public opinion, women, and cars. The lower end of the sport (financially speaking) populates at a rate faster than OG's and ballers. At the same time, many of the OG's and Ballers move out of the scene. Over time, the bar is lowered statistically speaking. This show is a prime example of the result.

Again, no hate for any demographic groups in particular, nor any fanboys of any brand. I saw plenty of 80's Hondas at this show, that were way more appealing than some of the $30K+ cars there. I also saw some very well thought out cars that didn't break the bank on the builds. Much respect, we all start somewhere. But, there were cars and people there that simply drag the show down. :yes:

quickdodge®
04-30-2012, 06:32 AM
But there were cars there that had absolutely no right to be there.

Someone said this on another forum and I asked them about it and was completely ignored. The poster had no answer. What does this even mean? Two things here to mention. First off, you mentioned four times the word "show." Import Alliance is not a show. It's a meet. There is a difference. Secondly, who are you to decide who "had absolutely no right to be there?" It was a meet that anyone could attend. Later, QD.

tnomud
04-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Someone said this on another forum and I asked them about it and was completely ignored. The poster had no answer. What does this even mean? Two things here to mention. First off, you mentioned four times the word "show." Import Alliance is not a show. It's a meet. There is a difference. Secondly, who are you to decide who "had absolutely no right to be there?" It was a meet that anyone could attend. Later, QD.

Meet, Show, Tomatoe, Tomato. People came to see and show cars, I call it a show. If its limping into the lot, rolling on a donut, pouring oil out the rear main seal, and is smashed on all 4 sides, it probably shouldn't be there. There were MANY well built, well painted, well rimmed, tasteful cars parked in the street, so these goobers had a spot.

Vteckidd
04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
I got you all beat

SOME of my old cars
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/Picture022.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/CRX1.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/CRX3.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/DSC04943.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/DSCF0620.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/IMG_2095.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/TL2.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/IMG_1669.jpg

AND, FOR THE GRAND FINALE, I GIVE YOU VTECKIDDS RIDE CIRCA 2000

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/Mike2.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/MIKE1.jpg

Apex i ITR
04-30-2012, 10:24 AM
If it didn't have Motegi wheels then apparently you wern't supposed to post pics. LOL.

tnomud
04-30-2012, 10:25 AM
1998:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/tnomud/92%20GTI%20VR6/8ff3.jpg

(VR6 swapped on Spray)

RL...
04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I also agree that people with shitty cars shouldn't come out. They have the right to be there and all, but I think it would be a better meet if the crappy cars stayed home. Quality is what we all want to see, is what drives the scene and us to make our cars better and better, if you're going to bring your primered pos 240 park it somewhere else and walk. LOL

That's just the way I feel though. I don't have a badass car or anything, but its in great condition, from the inside out because I take care of my things.

Echonova
04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
If it didn't have Motegi wheels then apparently you wern't supposed to post pics. LOL.Indeed, most of you guys are missing the point of this thread.

Bacon
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I had my car out there. One side of the car looks great; the other side has two different colored primered doors and quarter panel damage. I went anyways because, in reality, my car is a project. I have my eyes set on how it will look when it is done and I plan to meet that goal whether someone likes it or not. As of right now, the only thing good I have going for my car at the moment is it's got a five lug swap and it's powered by a blue top H23A VTEC and that's two things you don't normally see on a CB7 chassis Accord.

Do I care to see a busted ass car at any car show let alone IA? Not at all.

Do they have a right to come out and be there with their busted ass car? Yep, absolutely.

You never know though. Some people may get tired of seeing the same cars with the same wheels with the same swap and want to actually see a car that someone is willing to put time into....someone like me.

quickdodge®
04-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Meet, Show, Tomatoe, Tomato. People came to see and show cars, I call it a show. If its limping into the lot, rolling on a donut, pouring oil out the rear main seal, and is smashed on all 4 sides, it probably shouldn't be there. There were MANY well built, well painted, well rimmed, tasteful cars parked in the street, so these goobers had a spot.

First off, the word tomato has never been spelled with an "e" on the end. Secondly, there is quite a difference between a show and a meet. This is definitely a meet. Import Alliance even promotes it as a meet because they know it's not a show. Just as you think there is no reason for certain cars to show up, there is no reason for them NOT to show up. Doesn't mean you have to like them, of course. But they have every right to be there. IA is not an exclusive meet. It is bring what you have. And there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

At all.

I got you all beat

ONLY because I haven't posted. We all know that I got this if I post up. Later, QD.

LIKEG6
04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I had my car out there. One side of the car looks great; the other side has two different colored primered doors and quarter panel damage. I went anyways because, in reality, my car is a project. I have my eyes set on how it will look when it is done and I plan to meet that goal whether someone likes it or not. As of right now, the only thing good I have going for my car at the moment is it's got a five lug swap and it's powered by a blue top H23A VTEC and that's two things you don't normally see on a CB7 chassis Accord.

Do I care to see a busted ass car at any car show let alone IA? Not at all.

Do they have a right to come out and be there with their busted ass car? Yep, absolutely.

You never know though. Some people may get tired of seeing the same cars with the same wheels with the same swap and want to actually see a car that someone is willing to put time into....someone like me.

I agree with the last part. most of the time it's pics of the same cars everytime. I like to see a variety but the quality at the parking deck seemed to be better than turner fields.

-EnVus-
04-30-2012, 07:26 PM
shit let me get into my old whips lol

-EnVus-
04-30-2012, 07:33 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/4485381538_408fb4780f.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/432116_388560017836713_100000481550845_1499681_172 13103_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/395852_388563297836385_100000481550845_1499707_866 396704_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/24890_117214938304557_100000481550845_215794_55027 68_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/18776_103481433011241_100000481550845_92646_204020 5_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/39552_163168993709151_100000481550845_472973_44398 94_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/76426_171841056175278_100000481550845_533644_73763 0_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/282668_251721018187281_100000481550845_1034306_414 4700_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/73753_171841039508613_100000481550845_533643_42640 58_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/148661_171841126175271_100000481550845_533648_6212 99_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/slyguy0005/149177_171841116175272_100000481550845_533647_7407 037_n.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/JayNJess2008/4.jpg

Bacon
04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
I agree with the last part. most of the time it's pics of the same cars everytime. I like to see a variety but the quality at the parking deck seemed to be better than turner fields.

Quality doesn't change from venue to venue. The scene as a collective whole is littered with the same thing over and over; time and time again. I know at some point when my current project is complete, it will mildly follow the "stance" trend because that's the route I am going with it. Will it blend in with the rest of what you see? Certainly. At the same time, I like seeing peoples projects that look like something from an apocolypse nor do I mind talking with these people. Why? It's simple; we all start somewhere.

Those people with the busted ass cars have a heart for this scene and don't give a shit what people think about their car.

D3UC3S
05-01-2012, 02:54 AM
QDizzle....No MR7 wheels no care....lol

This ones for Bacon. My old hatch...
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190508&stc=1&d=1243088437
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190512&stc=1&d=1243088437
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190511&stc=1&d=1243088437

quickdodge®
05-01-2012, 06:23 AM
QDizzle....No MR7 wheels no care....lol

They didn't have those wheels when I was starting out. Lolol. Later, QD.

tnomud
05-01-2012, 06:48 AM

Us old schoolers rocked Centerline Champ 500's, 100 spoke D's, and AMG Hammers. Ballers had Boyd Knock-Offs (one lug)

Apex i ITR
05-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Momo Idea's and Momo Arrows were my favorite

D3UC3S
05-01-2012, 08:53 AM

Lol gangster as hell!

Vteckidd
05-01-2012, 09:56 AM
ONLY because I haven't posted. We all know that I got this if I post up. Later, QD.
i guaranatee ive owned more cars than you haha

ive owned 27 CRXs alone Dizzle.

Sinfix_15
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I also agree that people with shitty cars shouldn't come out. They have the right to be there and all, but I think it would be a better meet if the crappy cars stayed home. Quality is what we all want to see, is what drives the scene and us to make our cars better and better, if you're going to bring your primered pos 240 park it somewhere else and walk. LOL

That's just the way I feel though. I don't have a badass car or anything, but its in great condition, from the inside out because I take care of my things.

to some extent i agree with you, since i usually wait until my car is presentable before displaying it to the public. However........... interesting car > clean car. Every kid that leaves the dealership with a new toyota camry has a clean car, but i dont give 2 fucks about seeing any of them. I'd much rather see the primer'd 510 rx7 240 ect.... i can see a bunch of clean boring cars in any parking lot, no need to have a get together for it.

Sinfix_15
05-01-2012, 10:56 AM

I've owned 55-65 cars total, about 45 of them were mustangs.

Vteckidd
05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I've owned 55-65 cars total, about 45 of them were mustangs.

ive probably owned over 100. off the top of my head and i know im missing a bunch
27 CRXs
3 Gen 2 preludes
2 96+ accords
3 RHD Silvias
3 S13s
SC300
5 DA Integras
17 EG civics
S2000
TL
TSX
RX8

theres probably 20 im missing outside that too. the only person i think that can beat me is maybe Rut

tnomud
05-01-2012, 12:46 PM
i am old and well into the triple digits...........deep

kevint2
05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Ive owned alot too.86 CRX,91 ford escort GT,90 RX7 NA,93 Ford Probe,79 Chevy camaro,91 Ford Thunderbird,95 Eclipse,89 RX7 turbo2,87 toyota supra,91 3000GT,91 300ZX,95 Civic EX,90 RX7 vert,91 240sx SR20,2000 ford focus,89 mustang lx,95 SC300 1JZ, and the cars i have right now is 93 SC300 NA-T,93 fd rx7,03 Accord V6 and 92 civic hatch.......And looking to get a AE86 very soon.... :)

quickdodge®
05-01-2012, 09:07 PM

I must have misunderstood your point, sir. I wasn't talking about amount of cars owned, lolol.

Us old schoolers rocked Centerline Champ 500's, 100 spoke D's, and AMG Hammers. Ballers had Boyd Knock-Offs (one lug)

For real. And my favorite? Prime 5 stars.

Lol gangster as hell!

Yessir. Haha. Later, QD.

Deke
05-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I realize this thread has gone on a bit (and it seems onto a slightly different tangent), but back to the OP, I feel you 100%.

I'm still driving a 2003 WRX as my daily, and it has been, and continues to be, a great car. But I am so tired of the kind of attention it brings and the stigma associated with it in many people's minds.

It's funny, because I remember back in high school and college thinking how it's going to be so awesome once I have a fulltime income and will have money to modify whatever awesome import I would undoubtedly have. Now I cant wait until I get a daily that won't associate me with the "scene" anymore.

tnomud
05-02-2012, 07:00 AM
I must have misunderstood your point, sir. I wasn't talking about amount of cars owned, lolol.

For real. And my favorite? Prime 5 stars.

Yessir. Haha. Later, QD.

lets not forget the TSW Trophy

Bacon
05-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Neeper, Niche, Arelli, etc.

quickdodge®
05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Neeper, Niche, Arelli, etc.

Although reaching back towards yesteryear, I personally don't consider those old, lolol. Later, QD.

Apex i ITR
05-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Racing Hart

Doppelgänger
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
You guys are forgetting that the Konig Tantrum was the original knockoff of the Advan 7-spoke. For some odd reason, the Motegi version was way more popular...maybe because it was cheaper than the Konig. No one remembers the Tantrums, the Monsoons, Caffeines, Rated-R....man, Konig wheels were super popular before Motegi.

CHADbee
05-03-2012, 12:31 PM
You guys are forgetting that the Konig Tantrum was the original knockoff of the Advan 7-spoke. For some odd reason, the Motegi version was way more popular...maybe because it was cheaper than the Konig. No one remembers the Tantrums, the Monsoons, Caffeines, Rated-R....man, Konig wheels were super popular before Motegi.

Fuck you and your Ractive Intake.