PDA

View Full Version : Well..

teh bri
04-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Figured I'd come out and let everyone know what has really been going on.

My brother who was currently stationed in Afghanistan got a letter Friday April 13th from Red Cross stating that he is to return home immediately because my dad, who has been battling brain cancer since 2010, has 3 to 4 weeks left to live. HOWEVER, my father was not known about this, by his doctor or anything. He recently had Hospice coming to the house Sunday morning.... My brother landed yesterday in Baltimore, Maryland. I will be leaving Atlanta, tomorrow morning to return to my home in Maryland to help with my dad with his last week(s) left to live. I've been recieving texts, emails, facebook messages, and wall posts...I really appreciate everyones concern and sympathy. I will be returning July-September to move back down to Warner Robins.

Please keep my family in your prayers, as this is a really tough time that we're going through....again. :(

Brett
04-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I am very sorry to hear, I will keep you all in my prayers

teh bri
04-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I am very sorry to hear, I will keep you all in my prayers

Thanks Brett.

Echonova
04-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I am sorry to hear this. You and your family will also be our prayers. Be careful traveling, and return home safe.

Girl I knew had her father pass from brain cancer... While he went peacefully, he was saying some weird/sometimes hurtful stuff at the end that he would have never uttered if he was himself. Maybe your dad won't, but be prepared for anything (well as much as one can prepare for something like this).

My heart goes out to you.

Ziptied
04-17-2012, 12:15 PM
< I'll pray for you guys!

teh bri
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I am sorry to hear this. You and your family will also be our prayers. Be careful traveling, and return home safe.

Girl I knew had her father pass from brain cancer... While he went peacefully, he was saying some weird/sometimes hurtful stuff at the end that he would have never uttered if he was himself. Maybe your dad won't, but be prepared for anything (well as much as one can prepare for something like this).

My heart goes out to you.

Yeah he has been very quiet, and very relaxed. He's speech is kinda off, and he has to use a cane to walk...He did tell me on the phone that he wished he could have popped my ex in the face a few times, since he technically deserved it... But hey, that's every dad. Not looking forward to seeing everything happen, considering with my moms passing it was sudden... with his we all know that he's slowly going. But hell, it's life. I'm hurt inside right now... but I know when this is all done I'm going to be a total wreck. Losing 2 parents in 5 years isn't something a 22 year old should have to go through, esp with a baby on the way.

Sammich
04-17-2012, 01:23 PM
damn bri..my heart goes out to you...hmu if you need to talk

RL...
04-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Good luck with everything, I cant imagine how hard that must be. No one should have to go through that.

Bacon
04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Call me if you need me.

-EnVus-
04-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Prayers for all of you but mostly that he goes peacefully...

NVEOUS
04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
WOW Bri I had no idea. :( Im so sorry and I will keep you in my prayers. If you ever need to talk just hit me up. Be safe in your travels.

ludeguy420
04-17-2012, 05:20 PM
i dont know you but im sorry to hear that..

ruah_23
04-17-2012, 08:28 PM
My prayers go out to you and yours! Stay strong!

slostang
04-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Best wishes to you and yours.

98blackcivic
04-19-2012, 07:35 PM
sorry for ur dad...
but may i ask why you have to post your personal business for the world to see?

Browning151
04-19-2012, 11:40 PM
sorry for ur dad...

People reach out to others when in need. Nothing wrong with seeking support from the IA community when going through a rough time. If that bothers you hit the back button and move on, no need for going down that road here.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Bri.

Brett
04-20-2012, 12:22 PM
sorry for ur dad...

That was a total Dick comment.

teh bri
04-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Didn't think that it was a big deal to post my personal business on here. But alright, lol.

He's doing okay, I guess. Hospice is in the house, they brought a hospital bed so he can be more comfortable. He talks, and jokes a lot. He's to the point that when he looks at you, he seems as he's looking through you.

Just keep my family in your prayers... it's a really tough time. Thanks.

Nemesis
04-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

ItODDospeed
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
All the best.

Sammich
04-23-2012, 03:25 PM
still thinking about you bri..i would have texted you but admittedly i forgot to save your number

teh bri
04-23-2012, 08:56 PM
still thinking about you bri..i would have texted you but admittedly i forgot to save your number

Thanks love. I got a new phone so I lost yours as well. 478-442-2891.

I've been getting a lot of phone calls, and texts so if it takes a while to reply you'll know why. My phone stays on vibrate and I'm rarely on Facebook, but I'll text you. <3

Elbow
04-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

tdurr
04-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Damn that is a lot to go tho, really sorry to hear this. Hope you can keep your head up through all this.
My best wishes go out to you.

teh bri
04-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys...

teh bri
04-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Definitely not doing so good. today was a little rough. but we made it through it. Some of my close friends stopped by to see him, he of course, hit on them. he Will jokingly say dirty sexual comments. but he's hanging in there.

Sammich
04-26-2012, 06:54 AM
enjoy your last days w/ him bri, which i'm already sure you are doing