PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver: What does it mean to you?

CHADbee
04-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Just curious, so vote.

PTCDC5
04-16-2012, 11:08 PM
It quite honestly could be either or, just depends on the situation.

CHADbee
04-16-2012, 11:13 PM
It quite honestly could be either or, just depends on the situation.

When somebody refers to a certain car as their "daily driver" to me they have a weekend toy that is a not an everyday driver. At least that is what I think.

I recently sold my Foxbody, I also own a Oldsmobile Alero. Before I sold my Foxbody I would refer to my Alero as my daily driver, now its just my car.

-EnVus-
04-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Well daily driver could mean you drive it almost every day of the 7day week...Thats what id call a DD or Daily driver

CHADbee
04-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Why do people say "I need to buy a daily" when they already have a car they drive everyday?

..........just thinking out loud.

-EnVus-
04-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Why do people say "I need to buy a daily" when they already have a car they drive everyday?

..........just thinking out loud.
Maybe they can afford to drive more then 1 car a day OR It could be a way of them self admitting "I should drive something I haven't tried working on daily" lol
I had a chevy S-10 i called a gym cause every day something broke so i got a workout.

01CDMLUDER
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
^because they like the car they currently drive and they don't want to continue to put miles on it.. Or it's heavily modded and gas is crazy for daily driving

DD is the car you drive most

boosted347
04-16-2012, 11:57 PM
When somebody refers to a certain car as their "daily driver" to me they have a weekend toy that is a not an everyday driver. At least that is what I think.

I agree

silversol
04-17-2012, 12:01 AM
My "dd" is a honda civic. My garage queen is my 67 mustang. I think the slang is stupid like here are pics of my dd when you dont another car. You can just say here are pics of my car. Or broke people in the want to buy threads Insted of wanting to buy a car they want to buy a "shell"

kiss_my_SS
04-18-2012, 12:14 AM
it can go either way imo. using the term dd to me means that hey i drive this car...its not a weekend fun car or something that gets driven occasionally. i think that some have a pretty heavily modded car that is their only car and use the reference of dd in the fact that yeah i drive this daily whereas most won't/wouldn't. i use the phrase this is my dd when talking about mods and saying hey this has to be reliable this is my dd....well as reliable as a modified car can be lol.

Sammich
04-18-2012, 06:32 AM
mine falls kinda into both categories...but it'd fall more into the first, i think. right now my daily is an everyday vehicle, but when i get my second vehicle, i may drive it on the weekends (one day, maybe 2 and for road trips)

Supraboy87T
04-18-2012, 05:21 PM
I would say I think a DD is something that you in fact drive every day or close to it. I refer to my Corolla as a daily driver because that's generally what I'm driving throughout the week. You could refer to a car you drive to keep miles off your weekend/fun car as a daily if in fact you do drive it most days.

My "dd" is a honda civic. My garage queen is my 67 mustang. I think the slang is stupid like here are pics of my dd when you dont another car. You can just say here are pics of my car. Or broke people in the want to buy threads Insted of wanting to buy a car they want to buy a "shell" I wouldn't be quick to jump to the conclusion that someone is broke just because they want to buy a shell.I'd rather buy a shell and build my own car up than mess with someones project.

tnomud
04-18-2012, 09:38 PM
i have a long commute and needed something durable at speed

Echonova
04-18-2012, 10:06 PM
IMO if you say... "This is my dd", it implies you have another car at home. If you don't, well then of course it's your "dd". You don't have any other fucking choice.

CHADbee
04-18-2012, 10:08 PM
IMO if you say... "This is my dd", it implies you have another car at home. If you don't, well then of course it's your "dd". You don't have any other fucking choice.

Thank you.

98blackcivic
04-18-2012, 11:00 PM
i want a fleet of hondas.

tdurr
04-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Lol I say daily when talking about fixing my car. Because I need that bitch to get me from a to b in the next 12 hrs.

So daily is something u drive 75% of the time. Doesn't matter if u have a second car or if it's ur only car imo

Dj Syco
04-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Daily Driver is something you Drive Daily. No matter if you own a second car or not.

lanning
04-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Daily driver means you have another car that you choose not to drive all the time.

CSquared
04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah the eclipse gets the shit kicked out of it 5-6 days a week. Supra gets the shit kicked out of it 1-2 (and only if its not raining).

Thats the traditional and correct meaning of a daily as far as im concerned.

tnomud
04-29-2012, 10:31 PM
My DD serves no purpose other than getting me to work, and taking my dog for a ride. Its boring, anonymous, and gets no aftermarket shit.

RL...
04-29-2012, 10:58 PM
A daily driver is both of the choices, a car that is your only car but also a car that you drive most of the time to preserve your toy car.

This is where the idiocy comes in, when someone REFERS to their only car as their DD. No shit sherlock...it's your only car.

Sammich
04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
so you're admitting that it IS indeed a DD...so why get upset when they say it's their DD anyway?