PDA

View Full Version : Question, honest answers in here....

AznTraitor
12-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Okay, so let's say you came into a large sum of money....you could basically drop what you were doing at this very minute and go anywhere you want, without a care in the world. Would you?

People have goals....personally, my goal is to finish school and be the best officer in the army that I can be. Goals always change though....like, I'm sure down the road that I will want a family a huge house and nice cars, but right now....not worried about it.

also, with this large sum of money, who would you tell? who would you give some too? I read this book about a year ago, about people who won lotteries with millions and have come up bankrupt because they did stupid spending and gave it all away to family and friends. Money changes people, right? also, when you have alot of money, everyone seems to be your friend.

So...again, would you finish out your current goals or just make new ones?

I'm just curious on how everyone thinks about this?

hypothetical question btw.....

Speedm0(\)key
12-01-2005, 08:15 PM
i would make sure all the cars are payed off, the house as well, quit my job and go back to school.. cause thats whats important, i would definately finish out my original goals, and i'd take some money to buy what i wanted during my attending school.. gotat have some fun right?

AznTraitor
12-01-2005, 08:17 PM
i would make sure all the cars are payed off, the house as well, quit my job and go back to school.. cause thats whats important, i would definately finish out my original goals, and i'd take some money to buy what i wanted during my attending school.. gotat have some fun right?

see, I thought about that angle....but when you start buying the things you wanted...wouldnt that lead onto people that you have some money? Because it's like my econ prof keeps telling us....our tastes change dailey, that's what keeps the economy going, because unfortunately our tastes always become more expensive.

but I agree, gotta have that fun while back in school!

MachNU
12-01-2005, 08:18 PM
LOL i already planned it out for me. Really if i won 100 mill off the lottery and that was after pay off and stuff, that was what i walked a way with even if it was 50 mill. I would LITERALY give 30mill to all sorts of charitys becuase all i need to live of fis 20mill. Then i would put 10 mill in two different high inerests saving accoutns 5mill each, and live off the interest. Then with the remaining 10 i would buy a half mill house (dont want something to big) a nice ass car something between 50k-100k and then i would finally start my own business i want to have one day even if i am not rich. I kid you not that is what i would do. I dont nee dmuch to live a happy life. But of couse i would give a few 100 grand to family members.

Speedm0(\)key
12-01-2005, 08:18 PM
mn bn ,v .,,jh ccf vvvvbdddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddmmmmmmmmmm sd.fdfsddsfv.v/.v/v;.'m
MKM, > sorry guys.. haha left my niece on the comp hahaha.. thought it was funny

AznTraitor
12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
mn bn ,v .,,jh ccf vvvvbdddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddmmmmmmmmmm sd.fdfsddsfv.v/.v/v;.'m
MKM, > sorry guys.. haha left my niece on the comp hahaha.. thought it was funny

hahahahaha.....I was about to say...."Speedmonkey's gone retarded!" funny though.

Speedm0(\)key
12-01-2005, 08:33 PM
see, I thought about that angle....but when you start buying the things you wanted...wouldnt that lead onto people that you have some money? Because it's like my econ prof keeps telling us....our tastes change dailey, that's what keeps the economy going, because unfortunately our tastes always become more expensive.

but I agree, gotta have that fun while back in school!

well.. my interest in cars wont become more expensive.. i mean technically yes.. but with money it'd just mean i could get around my initial obstacle "MONEY". im happy with the cars i have now.., sure.. i would change both dramatically .. and i know that a R34 GTR would have to be in the garage. but really man.. thats it. ferraris?.. lambos?... fuck all that.

i'd never run out of corona, and steak.

id stash the rest. finish school, get a Job doing something i love, live off of the money i make from that job.. and use my money for when i break shit (motors haha).

i know i could do it.....

wait.. why are you even asking peter?.. wtf are you up to?.. WAIT... am i YOUR FRIENd??? :D :D :D :D

PhAtBoYMr2
12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
it really depends...I mean i guess no one knows what they would really do unless the situation hit them in the face...ill be honest with you if somehow i stumbled on enough money to change my life forever...i would probaly drop everything im doing now (college) and just do everything ive wanted to do. start my car/gun collection, buy a house in italy, california, florida, and new york and open up my own exotic car dealership....

The Golden Child
12-01-2005, 09:56 PM
i have 23487134917348123478918379182739814709734091283091 28301840938403274574917497109481084018403527694871 82634136918479017490183091830183081049109471937109 73091409184017497349827345972386418346198579157913 75813750971359731571982356189571735931459034175913 875983417598173459871349573148957349571398 things i wanna do ..

RandomGuy
12-02-2005, 12:52 AM
fuck that.... i'd split...
depends on what kind of money it is... if its "set for life" kinda money, ie $50billion then it aint no thing, but if its just a big amount of money, of course i'd just invest, safeguard it... build a money tree ya know... then, when im there, fuck all my short term goals... ill
go everywhere, do everything..
big ass house(s)
take care of the extended fam
have freakin fun
get every car I have ever owned in my life and pay people to EXACTLY replicate them, even the dents and smells everything... thatd be pimp...

fuck power, fuck all that other shit... money = happiness... really.

Jimmy B
12-02-2005, 09:58 AM
invest it, invest it, invest it!.... and then move out to utah to pursue long track ice skating for the 2010 olympics... then come back with a gold medal, and a few million in sponsership money :)

and live happely ever after lol

AznTraitor
12-02-2005, 10:00 AM
invest it, invest it, invest it!.... and then move out to utah to pursue long track ice skating for the 2010 olympics... then come back with a gold medal, and a few million in sponsership money :)

and live happely ever after lol

but I suck at ice skating.

mocha latte cupcake
12-02-2005, 10:14 AM
well lets see.... if i had mad money...we'll say like 30 million

i wouldn't stop what i'm doing (college for being a mechanic) i'd stay there b/c its what i love. but i would definately invest alot of it and then use lets say about 750,000 to play with....i'd get a nice house maybe round 500,000 like transaxle said. but i would be sure to have a fully stocked garage and at least 1 lift in it. and at least 5 garage doors. i'd buy a car for me and the mrs *you know who you are* so i'd say since i'm a nissan guy....

2 G35's sedans (simply for the fact that losing to a sedan is worse than a coupe)
1 R32 GT-R
1 S15 silvia
1 track car undisclosed (simply b/c i can't make up my mind)

i'd pay off all my debts and everyone in my families debts. make sure my parents were set well off and they had everything they need'd. Definately give some to charity and just have all round nice things. money does change your point of view a little bit but i'd just rather enjoy life and travel and have fun with money (wisely mind you) and make sure that there was at least 10 million in the bank for anything that could ever happen (this basically meaning if i become cenial (sp?) with all my money besides that 10 million and lose it all, when i regain sanity i can have some to remind myself that when this runs out, its all gone.

but through everything i would still want to be a mechanic b/c its what i love to do. i'd end up opening my own business or shop or something.

ps: i forgot something, i would also have a panda, a kangaroo, and a wallaby... and maybe a kiwi for some flavor...

AznTraitor
12-02-2005, 10:20 AM
If you break down how much you really pay for things...it's expensive and that money will dwindle away before you know it.

case in point....a man in Texas won 32million after taxes from the lottery....within 3 years, he filed bankruptcy. His homes on both coasts plus his home in TX ran him well over 9million....he bought a private jet that ran him 6million....now, before we go any further, it costs money to operate that jet, like fuel, pilot, storage, maintence....just because he bought the plane doesnt mean it doesnt cost to operate it. With those homes he had, he had 1 maid per home and you pay them labor, plus items they need to clean the home and items that are needed to keep the house stocked when you live there, and then you have the utilities to keep up with each home. Cars....you have insurance, and again for those exotics the maintence and upkeep. If you read his book, he breaks it down on how fast that 32mil went, which is crazy, because we all tell ourselves that we could live off 32mil no problem.....but this guy worked his whole life and just hit it big in the lottery and just as fast as he won it, it was all gone.

mocha latte cupcake
12-02-2005, 10:25 AM
this is true, which is why my Exotic cars will be used under weekend insurance lol that and the fact that you saw my house was only half a mill, its those kinda people that have to have the best of everything and want to live like celebrities that end up bankrupt. its sad but true.

EG BTER
12-02-2005, 10:35 AM
this is true, which is why my Exotic cars will be used under weekend insurance

For rich people everyday is a weekend

MachNU
12-02-2005, 10:39 AM
this is true, which is why my Exotic cars will be used under weekend insurance lol that and the fact that you saw my house was only half a mill, its those kinda people that have to have the best of everything and want to live like celebrities that end up bankrupt. its sad but true.

No you would have tons of high interest accounts like i said, something for interest becuase even if you had a savings accoutn at 1% interest a month that still 10grand a month, and you could probably get a higher interest than that, and still be making a shit load JUST from interest.

But i agree the girl out of dacula near me, who won when she was 18, and she won almost 70mill went bankrupt in only 2 years...so it jsut depends on what you do withi mean 3 house with near 9 mill is jsut crazy, I dont want a house bigger than i coudl walk around in it. thats why to me 500k houses are huge enough. Just like nismo said with a huge garage.

mocha latte cupcake
12-02-2005, 10:51 AM
:D

AtifSajid
12-02-2005, 11:24 AM
This is what I would do. I would leave everything I am doing. Just leave the shit. Take whatever money I have left. And move to one of the nicest places in Pakistan. Build a mansion there big enough for my entire family, and have all the goodies I will ever need. And invest..so I dont have to work anymore. And I would do it in a way that my kids wouldnt have to work and there kids..and keep that tradition going...where if you join my family, you dont have to work.

HiPSI
12-02-2005, 11:27 AM
invest it and live off the interest

AznTraitor
12-02-2005, 12:29 PM

liar...you'd build your supa dupa drift car and just drift all day :P

chrisdavis
12-02-2005, 02:27 PM

Same here.

Julio