PDA

View Full Version : General Chat lol stupid mistake i made

98blackcivic
04-11-2012, 08:19 AM
so after driving 5 spd everyday...if i have to suddenly drive an automatic, i can get pretty stupid and forgetful with it
take this for example, has happened a few times now..

my buddy is letting me drive his rx8..and i wanna accelerate to see what its capable off..so i punch it in 1st...and as its about to redline and i want to go into the next gear, so i slam my left foot forward to grab a clutch that doesnt exist.
instead i ended up slamming the brakes and coming to a complete halt...my friend wasnt happy at all :P

have u ever done anything like this before?

Scotsman
04-11-2012, 08:31 AM
haha , i usually push for a clutch to start a car on an auto

RsonGt3's
04-11-2012, 08:32 AM
^^^ dam it u beat me to it lol. Not something that stupid lol but i have hopped in an auto and tried looking for the clutch to start it! Lol

Relentless
04-11-2012, 08:34 AM
It happened to me but I didn't slam on the brakes, instead I slammed my foot on the floor.

Drummerboy
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
haha , i usually push for a clutch to start a car on an auto

It happened to me but I didn't slam on the brakes, instead I slammed my foot on the floor.

lol, i've done both.

I drove an automatic S10 for a year while my prelude was down. After getting back in the prelude, for the first few days, I'd reach for the gear selector on the steering column. I turned on my windshield wipers soooo many times...

GOfast
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Lol, there's probably a lot of people that have done it. I know I have.