PDA

View Full Version : 98 Civic EX suspension issue

98EX-B20CTR
04-10-2012, 05:38 PM
About a year ago i had a truck not pay attention while driving and ran me off the road. I managed to lock up and slow down to about 35 but i had to either mount the curb or have the car totaled. Since then i have had a problem with my two front tires getting chewed up. I have gone 9 months on the back tires and they are still brand new. The fronts only last about 3 months and no its not from burning out. Im deployed right now and the wife has been driving since the new set got put on. AT THE END OF DEC. and now has to get new ones tomorrow because they are past the wire. I have checked the control arms and none of them are bent. When i put the passenger tire straight which took the curb head on and not cocked to the side the driver side tired is cocked out pigeon toed at about a 8 to 10 degree angle. What else could be doing it? I am honestly not seeing it and its probably something stupid.

silversol
04-10-2012, 05:53 PM
You probably bent a few things hitting the curb. At the least you need alinement

98EX-B20CTR
04-10-2012, 06:05 PM
did alignment already. a couple times. it will hold right for about two weeks. not a damn thing helps.

D3UC3S
04-10-2012, 06:19 PM
You bent something...tie rod, LCA, something.

98EX-B20CTR
04-10-2012, 06:29 PM
i looked at the lca already and i dont see anything i do need to look at the tie rod tho. i told myself honestly if i cnt find the shit come me getting back from deployment then i am taking the shit down to the frame completely apart and finding it. im sick of new tires every two to three months

joshk5145
04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Best bet since your overseas is to just get the wife to take it back to the shop (or choose a diff shop) and explain what happened and get them to check everything out while its on the rack. You should come out cheaper than wearing out more tires and you won't have to fuck with it when you get back.

green91
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
The lca/compliance arm is very prone to getting bent and usually the wheel looks like it sits further back in the wheel well. Maybe if you posted teh alignment sheet we could give you some more info.