PDA

View Full Version : The people who don't live in Georgia anymore..

Sol-Badguy
04-04-2012, 06:19 AM
Do you miss it at all? I wanted nothing more than to get away when I was younger. Now that the Army has taken me away for a while, I miss the hell out of Atlanta. People in Maryland are horrible.

C230K
04-04-2012, 07:17 AM
When I stayed in Los Angeles for 6 months, I missed Atlanta the 2nd week I was there. Yeah, Los Angeles is a great city and I had fun and all but, I feel more at home here and comfort. In my opinion its a pretty laid back city, I myself do not see myself anywhere else, but here. You will be back in Atlanta in no time dont trip and thanks for your service in our country

Brett
04-04-2012, 07:30 AM
I actually do not miss Georgia at all, only thing I miss are some of the people I would hang out with every weekend, but other from that, the actual area... do not miss at all.

CSquared
04-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Yeah I didn't so much miss Georgia for Georgia. It was more the fact that I was paying 1200 to live in someones basement in ny when I could be buying a house here for that money.

RL...
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Id like to go back to southern cali because the weather, the girls, and the car scene is 100x better than here. I plan to after Im done with school....one day.....

Bacon
04-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm ready to move to Florida already. A few more years though.

Sol-Badguy
04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I'll more than likely be here for the remainder of my Army career, however long/short that will be. I can't decide if I want to stay in. I try to make it back home every chance I get. It was easier when I was stationed down in Florida, it's twice the distance from up here.

I do miss the area and the weather, but I think I miss the people and the FOOD the most. The food up here is good and all, but I miss some good BBQ and all of my old staples. Yes, I even miss the Varsity food. I want a goddamned Frosted Orange.

1MP0RTL0V3R
04-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Id like to go back to southern cali because the weather, the girls, and the car scene is 100x better than here. I plan to after Im done with school....one day.....

x2 except the closest ill be moving one day is texas

mike's02ls1
04-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I miss my friends, but nothing else... Metro phoenix, and the surroundings are so much better then atlanta.

blaknoize
04-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I wanted to get OUT of Atlanta, I'm glad I got away again. I was feeling trapped, Ohio is much more relaxing for me and GA for that matter. You guys tax the hell out of people and require a car to much. Among other things... like commute time, sprawl, road maint., taxing a CARS VALUE, SUPER SPEEDER FAIL LAW, no sidewalks. Yea I dont miss GA at all...

jonbuice5591
04-06-2012, 10:08 PM
thanks for your service!!

blaknoize
04-06-2012, 10:58 PM

"like"

Julio
04-07-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm fine in GA.. glad to be here.. well, it will be 15 years...

quickdodgeŽ
04-07-2012, 06:40 AM
If there was any sensible way that I could move out of the state, I wouldn't look back on the way out. Later, QD.

Echonova
04-07-2012, 07:32 AM
I miss the hell out of Tuscon. If the housing and job markets suddenly turned around I would be out of here in 3.4 seconds. Moved back here for the job market, housing crash ensures I'll stay.

Fuck Georgia. I mean, I like Georgia, but fuck Georgia. Wouldn't be so bad if ITP and/or Gwinnet Co. didn't exist.

quickdodgeŽ
04-07-2012, 07:47 AM
If the housing and job markets suddenly turned around I would be out of here in 3.4 seconds.

Same here. My house being paid for (no house note) and not being able to get nearly enough for it in a sale means I'm stuck here. Later, QD.

MachNU
04-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Have not left GA...but on the Gwinnett county thing...stuck there most of my life...first chance I got to put distance on it...I went to Cobb county. Its amazing the difference it can make going 60 miles west. lol.

Relentless
04-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm ok with living here in Ga but I think, the further I am away from the city, the better it is.

Sol-Badguy
04-08-2012, 09:35 AM

I'll be honest, I still don't know what to say in reply to this. It always makes me feel awkward.

I grew up in Mableton, in Cobb County. It was never really horrible. I like the metro area. It's not too urban, but not too rural.

Holy shit, I miss my food. Has anyone ever been to a Martin's?

MachNU
04-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I'll be honest, I still don't know what to say in reply to this. It always makes me feel awkward.

I grew up in Mableton, in Cobb County. It was never really horrible. I like the metro area. It's not too urban, but not too rural.

Holy shit, I miss my food. Has anyone ever been to a Martin's?

Pass Martins every morning on the way to the shop and never stop. Its also too damn packed for me to spend 30 minutes waiting on a biscuit.

burnout1990
04-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Me personally , born and raised in Middle GA and have traveled to or lived in different states and countries for the Army, I would still choose to come home to GA,its the only place im comfortable being and truly calling home, something about it i haven't found anywhere else, the only exception being that if I could be stationed here in Seoul, S. Korea a few more years than I would in a heartbeat, because well its korea and its fucking awesome , besides that I'm with Ray Charles....GA is always on my mind...

Sol-Badguy
04-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Oh, wow. I mostly hear that Korea kind of sucks, at least from people I've met who were stationed there. I just found out a girl I went to AIT with died over there a couple of weeks ago.

alpine_aw11
04-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Georgia sucks, but it's great at the same time. There's a lot to do in Atlanta, and living where I do in Kennesaw it's a nice area but everything is still really affordable. Then you go to Denver, Austin, or Chicago and it's just like......fml. It would just be hard to leave because I've established a very enjoyable life here.

BanginJimmy
04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I hate GA. If I didnt have a good, reliable job I would be gone in a second.

S. Cali would be great if the people didnt have such an attitude problem. Taxes suck too.
Chicago has everything Atlanta has x5. Too bad that includes taxes.

If I move anytime in the near future it will be down to Texas. I honestly dont see that happening either though because I wont be able to make the same money.

burnout1990
04-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh, wow. I mostly hear that Korea kind of sucks, at least from people I've met who were stationed there. I just found out a girl I went to AIT with died over there a couple of weeks ago.

I can't see how anyone could say it sucks, besides the language barrier and some of the food and of course the new curfew in place for military. That curfew (0100-0500 7 days a week) alone has made being here , as military and not a tourist, suck lol.I hated the thought of ever coming here and thought it would suck, I was way wrong. There is literally something to do 24/7 here from food, to clubs to museums etc and you got to love the women :D ..... I think the girl your talking about is in my BDE actually if she was apart of 3rd MI. BN Sad situation if its the same person.

quickdodgeŽ
04-09-2012, 08:02 PM
If I move anytime in the near future it will be down to Texas.

Funny you should say this. Being from Los Angeles and growing up here, I lived in Fort Worth for a couple of years in the late '90s and I tell everyone that I talk about this with that if I could move anywhere, it would be right back to tTexas. It was, without a doubt, the best place I have ever lived. Later, QD.

Bacon
04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I have plans on moving to Pensacola within the next ten years. Gonna hold off long enough for my wife to get her Masters degree in Human Service Management and for me to get my degrees in Fire Science, Homeland Security, and an MBA.

Public safety is the way to go. Job security.

Sol-Badguy
04-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I was stationed in Pensacola for almost all of last year. It wasn't bad, but the driver's down there are horrible. I literally did not go a single day of driving without at least two people running red lights around me. You'll also find it weird that there's no grace period from one road's red light, to the cross street's light turning green; it's almost instant. Other than that, it wasn't a horrible town to live in.

burnout, yeah, that would've been her. She was a 35S, so she would have been in an MI unit. I was told how it happened, but I wouldn't want to repeat it here.

Bacon
04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Pensacola is peaceful.....well that and Peg Leg Petes and Flounders is awesome food.

b16EG-HaTcH
04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
I was stationed at Fort Bragg a few years ago, an even though NC is only a few hours i CANT WAIT to get back to GA. Maybe its b/c ALL of my family is there or b/c ive never lived anywhere else, but i couldn't even imagine living anywhere else. ONLY 10 MORE MONTHS LEFT ON MY CONTRACT...then ill be making that final trip to GA for good.

blaknoize
04-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Funny you should say this. Being from Los Angeles and growing up here, I lived in Fort Worth for a couple of years in the late '90s and I tell everyone that I talk about this with that if I could move anywhere, it would be right back to tTexas. It was, without a doubt, the best place I have ever lived. Later, QD.

Where would you end up moving to if you had all the means to complete it? I only assume TX from this post, but still, would u rather be back in LA?

blaknoize
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Although I do like Ohio, it isnt what I'm wanting. I have no real time frame but I feel most at home in New Hampshire. I took a trip and stayed in Mass with a friend and really liked everything about the area I was in. But Salem or Manchester, NH is where I'd like to reside. Studying the area a bit since the cost of living is higher, but the tax base is awesome and for my dull life, it has MUCH more to do over there than what I could find over here to fit my fancy.

burnout1990
04-10-2012, 02:51 AM
burnout, yeah, that would've been her. She was a 35S, so she would have been in an MI unit. I was told how it happened, but I wouldn't want to repeat it here.

Yeah, same here. Small Army huh haha....I'm with B16EG-hatch , GA will be were I die (hopefully that is lol) and damn you beat me by 5 months on the contract lol...

Sol-Badguy
04-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Haha, yeah. Small Army.

My family and I are definitely going to be moving back, when I decide to get out. I just got in a work section that I really love up here. I want to get as much as I can out of this job, maybe even through a re-enlistment. Then I can come back to Atlanta and make some nice money. I'd tell you and B16 about it offline.

BoosTKing187
04-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Georgia fucking sucks, The traffic suck, The people suck, The cops are sterotypical redneck bastards, the professional sports teams suck and outside of atlanta and savanah it's mostly country with really nothing to do. Most the people are inbred farmers or truck drivers unless they live in the suburbs then youll mostly find bigot republicans that are stuck up. Schools suck, weather sucks..this place just sucks can't believe how i spent 10+ years here but now im in fort lauderdale florida loving life.

Bacon
04-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Georgia fucking sucks, The traffic suck, The people suck, The cops are sterotypical redneck bastards, the professional sports teams suck and outside of atlanta and savanah it's mostly country with really nothing to do. Most the people are inbred farmers or truck drivers unless they live in the suburbs then youll mostly find bigot republicans that are stuck up. Schools suck, weather sucks..this place just sucks can't believe how i spent 10+ years here but now im in fort lauderdale florida loving life.

Cool story bro.

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Where would you end up moving to if you had all the means to complete it? I only assume TX from this post, but still, would u rather be back in LA?

I don't know if I'd like to move back to LA. I'd prefer to be able to just go stay there from time to time. I would move back to Fort Worth, though, in a minute.

Cool story bro.

Not to mention pretty much fictional. Later, QD.

Deke
04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I miss my friends, but nothing else... Metro phoenix, and the surroundings are so much better then atlanta.

x2 (except it's Nashville instead of Phoenix for me)

Sol-Badguy
04-11-2012, 10:08 PM

So angry!

TIGERJC
04-12-2012, 12:52 AM
I miss the early to mid 90's Atlanta. I have enjoyed living in central Florida and the only way I would return back to Atlanta is because of work.

burnout1990
04-12-2012, 07:30 AM

Glad you left...