PDA

View Full Version : Relocate Battery Negative wire

BarnDog296
12-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Alright,
I am moving my battery to the trunk while I still can. I am planning on going SR-20 in the future or even KA-T (either way, I have to move the battery) I also have a Yellow Top Optima.

Currently I am working on putting in a fiberglass Kenwood system in my car, so, I NEED to move the battery before I start doing that, so i know its location with the rest of the work.

I understand how to run the positive to the back with a connector and all

I have 3 questions:

I have a 180SX and I need to ground the negative side of the battery. Where is the BEST place to ground the battery in the trunk?

I am also going to have to ground the amps for the sound system, should I ground the amps to the same place as the battery or what?

Also, is there some sort of grounding box I can install in the trunk if I can just ground it all to the same place?

brads94accord
12-01-2005, 03:00 PM
just some bare metal and use a a good sheet metal screw or use an existing bolt, i would suggest grounding your amps, etc to a different ground. as long as where you're putting it is attached to the chassis somewhere its fine. make sure you sand off all the paint in that spot to get a good contact...really all thats involved in moving a battery is grounding one side, and running some 4ga wire from the positive terminal under the hood to the back of the car.

HiPSI
12-01-2005, 04:27 PM
i put my battery in the rear pass side corner of the trunk, right behind the wheel well. there are bolts that you can remove, clean the paint/sound deadening away from about a 1" round area around the hole, and then bolt it straight to the chassis.