PDA

View Full Version : GSR: No vacuum to IAB actuator

Sol-Badguy
03-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Picked up a 94 GSR Sedan a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been able to drive it until the last couple of days, due to some registration issues. I realize while driving it hard for the first time, that the IAB isn't opening the valves. Rather, it's stuck open the entire time. I pulled the vacuum line off of the IAB actuator and found no vacuum. Not when the engine's cold and first started, or when hot. Anyone have any common issues they can share, first things I can look for?

hondaxpurt
03-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Do you have vacuum at any other vacuum lines?

Sol-Badguy
03-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I tried to check the FPR really fast, but didn't have pliers and I didn't want to risk breaking the line. Wife wanted me back inside. :doh:

1civic
03-23-2012, 10:05 PM
If the IAB solenoid dies, then you will never have any vacuum at the actuator...:goodjob:

Sol-Badguy
03-23-2012, 10:25 PM
I guess that's the first thing I'm checking!

1civic
03-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Should be Vaccum Diagram under the hood, also be sure the black bock is still under the intake.. People tend to force the butterflys open in hopes to pick up power.. smh!..

I made that first post assuming the car is unmolested.. ;)

I guess that's the first thing I'm checking!

Sol-Badguy
03-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Pretty much untouched, except for an intake and decent suspension. It was owned by some hipster girl. The only thing she knew about Honda's was that she liked them. She said her brother (who works at a Cadillac dealership) has down all of the maintenance for the last six years, but that could be scary in its own right..

1civic
03-23-2012, 11:15 PM
You can sit down with a vaccum gauge to check things, but you will need to check a service manual for the flow chart which shows amount of vaccum etc.. Try to google a IAB flow chart

Sol-Badguy
03-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Only progress as of this morning was finding out that the actuator works just fine, just no vacuum getting to it.

Sol-Badguy
03-24-2012, 12:11 PM
I guess the biggest problem I'm having now is trying to check the lines under the manifold going to the solenoid. Does anyone have any tips for getting under there to check everything?

1civic
03-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Remove the blk bracket under the intake.. Done from the under the car.. ;)

I guess the biggest problem I'm having now is trying to check the lines under the manifold going to the solenoid. Does anyone have any tips for getting under there to check everything?

Sol-Badguy
03-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Oh, son of a bitch. I guess I'm going to the shop next weekend..