PDA

View Full Version : I know its a Hyundai.... but i like it

antwonpoochy
03-20-2012, 07:06 PM
4/15/2012
My genesis has been in the shop for about three days and I have metal shavings in my block :((( but on the brighter side the dealer is trying to get me into a 2013 r-spec for freee so ill keep you guys updated as of right now they hooked me up with a yaris from enterprise, i love it........i dont love it

hey everybody its not much of a build thread yet because its still completely stock but it will have many things done to it in the next couple months before my deployment
-2012 genesis
-2.0t
-turbo: really small...
its slow for now and i know parts arent nearly as easy to source as a civic or 240 but let me know if you have any suggestions

03/24/2012
ordered some tein s-tech lowering springs just to get me started, should be here sometime next week, just didnt want to spend the money on coils just yet

3/31/2012
got my springs put on today they look good they will look better when they settle a little bit more. will add pictures later

green91
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I dont think you'll find many Genesis haters on here. This was the first Hyundai car that has my respect. Ive strongly considered buying one myself, but im torn between it or waiting for the new FR-S/BRZ to come out.

Dylan
03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
These cars are sick. I wouldn't mind having one myself :goodjob:

firby911
03-20-2012, 10:26 PM
These cars are sick. I wouldn't mind having one myself :goodjob:

this,love these cars.

dragoncelica
03-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Genesis is the best Hyundai ever made for the young enthusiast IMO, It got all the plus in it, affordable, easy to modified, and RWD what else you can ask for!

Drummerboy
03-21-2012, 03:07 AM
I can definitely see cars like this replacing 240s in later years.

if you want performance first, I say purchase an exhaust, bigger turbo, upgraded fuel system, turbo manifold, and boost controller. Then look into some nice suspension/wheels and some super sticky tires because you'll be movin out!

silverZ33
03-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Which trim level do you have? you could look into beyond redline's different upgrade packages. I believe they have stage 1 kits all the way up through stage 3 kits...

dvpjdm
03-21-2012, 09:05 AM
I love these, the first one I ever seen had no badges or anything indicating it was a Hyundai. It was blacked out sitting on some 19" lowenharts. which is definitely what this one needs, good looking car man.

antwonpoochy
03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I dont think you'll find many Genesis haters on here. This was the first Hyundai car that has my respect. Ive strongly considered buying one myself, but im torn between it or waiting for the new FR-S/BRZ to come out.
yeah i was the same exact way man i just feel like the BRZ/FR-S will be such a well engineered car that you either dont mess with the car at all structurally or you go all out because once you upgrade something your going to have to upgrade something else because its one of those cars perfectly made

antwonpoochy
03-21-2012, 07:08 PM
I love these, the first one I ever seen had no badges or anything indicating it was a Hyundai. It was blacked out sitting on some 19" lowenharts. which is definitely what this one needs, good looking car man.

yeah man definitely i think im going to go with the powered by max competition coils, that new bronze finish does it for me and i havent decided on wheels as of yet

kdmneo
03-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Check out these websites for all your kdm tunning needs importshark.com, http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/, http://sfrusa.3dcartstores.com/ , kspec.com. I have an 07 Tiburon and I love the car!! Hyundai and KIA are moving up in the ranks in auto sales and especially in the tuning world IMO, although the love isn't shown too much, especially with the comment made in FF3 Tokyo Drift. Also check out some of the genesis forums out there. I noticed there isn't a sub-forum for Hyundai/KIA here, so you'd probably be better off looking into the genesis forums if you haven't already.

silverZ33
03-22-2012, 06:07 AM
definitely check out gencoupe.com, the vendors there have incredible deals running right now for everything you could think of

antwonpoochy
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Check out these websites for all your kdm tunning needs importshark.com, http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/, http://sfrusa.3dcartstores.com/ , kspec.com. I have an 07 Tiburon and I love the car!! Hyundai and KIA are moving up in the ranks in auto sales and especially in the tuning world IMO, although the love isn't shown too much, especially with the comment made in FF3 Tokyo Drift. Also check out some of the genesis forums out there. I noticed there isn't a sub-forum for Hyundai/KIA here, so you'd probably be better off looking into the genesis forums if you haven't already. yeah i stay on importshark

98blackcivic
03-22-2012, 06:55 PM
these cars are definitely slow for what they are!

thepolecat
03-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I am not going to down on you for a Genesis. I love those cars; they are slick!

antwonpoochy
03-24-2012, 10:01 AM

yeah i definitely agree but theres lots of potential

whatever210
04-26-2012, 11:10 AM

at 89 crx is slow too....untill you put a different motor in it and turbo it. so i dont see the point your trying to make

green91
04-26-2012, 05:25 PM
damn i hate to read your update! metal from bearings i assume? I've really wondered about the reliability of these

whatever210
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM
damn i hate to read your update! metal from bearings i assume? I've really wondered about the reliability of these

hes the first one ive heard of this. these cars can handle over 400 hp stock block. so i dunno.