PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh...

.blank cd
03-14-2012, 06:24 PM
You lost over 140 sponsors. LOL. The free market isn't so free anymore is it? MUAHAHAHAHA

Discuss....

Vteckidd
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Only matters to him if it effects him going off air. It is the free market. If he continues to have 20 million listeners, it wont matter, people will advertise. I suspect its not 140 either.

If he goes off public air hell go to XM just like stern

.blank cd
03-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Hope he does go off air. The world could use a little less hate-filled knowledge-free speech

141 sponsors. Sorry...

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/12/442673/141-companies-advertisng-rush-limbaugh/?mobile=wp

BanginJimmy
03-14-2012, 09:09 PM
This thread makes me chuckle. Rush might lose 140 sponsors, but he isnt going off the air and he isnt losing any money.

I'm not a Rush fan, but anyone thinking this little slut is going to bring down Rush is delusional.

BTW, one of those sponsors that ran away tried to come back and Rush said no.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/03/rush-limbaugh-advertiser.html

alpine_aw11
03-15-2012, 12:02 AM
I like listening to Rush for the sheer entertainment factor. He's such a dickhead.

BanginJimmy
03-15-2012, 05:01 AM
I like listening to Rush for the sheer entertainment factor. He's such a dickhead.

Listen to Boortz instead. Much more entertaining than any of the others.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Vteckidd
03-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Hope he does go off air. The world could use a little less hate-filled knowledge-free speech

141 sponsors. Sorry...

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/12/442673/141-companies-advertisng-rush-limbaugh/?mobile=wp
your hypocrisy is blinding.

Browning151
03-15-2012, 08:56 AM

Maher, Maddow, Schultz, Olbermann, Matthews, Sharpton.........do I need to continue?

Listen to Boortz instead. Much more entertaining than any of the others.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

He definitely keeps it entertaining and has no problem calling a spade a spade.

bu villain
03-15-2012, 02:49 PM
He definitely keeps it entertaining and has no problem calling a spade a spade.

Or calling a spade a slut for that matter.

Browning151
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Or calling a spade a slut for that matter.

So?

.blank cd
03-15-2012, 03:54 PM
It's shit like that guy that gives the conservative movement a bad name. If they didn't have so many not-smart people in their corner, they'd be taken more seriously. Rush is pollution to everything good about conservatism.

I mean, on what planet did he read that the amount of sex you have directly correlates to how many birth control pills you take?

alpine_aw11
03-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Bill Maher is an asshole, but as far as actual intelligence goes....Rush doesn't even come close. He just spews out douchey bullshit without even considering backing it up with anything remotely factual.

bu villain
03-16-2012, 02:03 PM
So?

Meaning he doesn't mind calling someone a name even if they don't fit the definition. I have no problem with name calling if there is evidence to back it up but that is not the case here. A slut is a promiscuous woman he certainly doesn't know anything about her sex life. Using birth control doesn't make you a slut and neither does advocating insurance covering birth control.

BanginJimmy
03-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Meaning he doesn't mind calling someone a name even if they don't fit the definition. I have no problem with name calling if there is evidence to back it up but that is not the case here. A slut is a promiscuous woman he certainly doesn't know anything about her sex life. Using birth control doesn't make you a slut and neither does advocating insurance covering birth control.

Fluke claimed she, and other women she interviewed, were spending more than 1k a year on contraception.

Also, outside of certain religious organizations, I dont know of any insurance plans that DONT cover contraception.

.blank cd
03-16-2012, 02:32 PM
My fiancé spends almost 1000 a year on birth control to control endometriosis, which pretty much kills our chances of having children. Were it not subsidized by insurance and the manufacturer it would tip 2k. Rush Limbaughs comments were personal. To insist that someone spending more than $1000 on medication is sexually promiscuous is not only insulting, but speaks to a complete lack of character and intelligence. Not a single fuck would be given if he were to lose all of his sponsors, and TBH, it wouldn't bother me much if someone wiped him off the map.

And to the Catholic church who says its against their religious beliefs and unconstitutional to offer birth control to their female employees, it's also against religious beliefs and unconstitutional to fuck little boys. Get your own ducks in a row before you start preaching about a topic you know absolutely zero about. What a fucking cult that organization is.

/rant

bu villain
03-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Fluke claimed she, and other women she interviewed, were spending more than 1k a year on contraception.

Also, outside of certain religious organizations, I dont know of any insurance plans that DONT cover contraception.

What does this have to do with calling her a slut?

cyb593
03-19-2012, 06:57 PM
If you are a female in school you can get birth control for $9 a month and condoms free from free clinics. I know that's what my wife did when she was at school. Even out of school with our insurance it was the same amount.

As for a slut she could be a slut but it is freedom of speech either way. Whether or not Rush calls some chick a slut or Bill Maher calls a chic a cunt. People need to deal with this or shut the fuck up. I dont care if they are a politician or just a student. She put herself in the spotlight so she put herself out there for ridicule. A person is a person. One way or another it doesn't make it right. They need to accept that name calling, its going to happen or correct both sides period.

silversol
03-19-2012, 07:17 PM
I dont care for rush. He just does this for shock value and ratings.