PDA

View Full Version : Redoing kitchen...

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Got myself halfway through a kitchen remodel/refurnish. We replaced the older stove with a brand new LG Electronics double oven stove with the ceramic stove top, the plain white range hood with a Broan stainless one and the biggie.....the counter top from basic old, original wood to granite. The guys came in today and installed it along with the new sink, which is also granite. Well, a granite composite. The sink is under mounted as well. We also replaced the faucet with stainless/brushed nickel one with one unit instead of 4 separate. The sprayer comes out of the main tap. We got a couple of stainless appliances (toaster, microwave, etc.), but they aren't pictured as they are being stored until Thursday. That's when the counters will be ready for actual use.

Next up will be the dishwasher, refrigerator, backsplash and finally the floor. Backsplash will probably come here in the next couple of weeks. Here are pics! Later, QD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/Kitchen/DSCN1592.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/Kitchen/DSCN1605.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/Kitchen/DSCN1589.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/Kitchen/DSCN1606.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/Kitchen/DSCN1609.jpg

-EnVus-
03-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Split oven ?

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Yes. It has two ovens in there. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
03-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Yes. It has two ovens in there. Later, QD.
Thats pretty neat.....The wall paper has to go lol

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
As you can see, it's on it's way out. The part you see above the new stove is actually the original wall when we moved in this house back in 1974. Everything in there was as how we got it from my grandparents. Later, QD.

03RCode
03-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Looks good! I've been in the process of remodeling myself, taking a while but it's coming along. Seeing each room as we finish makes it totally worth it.

-EnVus-
03-13-2012, 10:01 PM
As you can see, it's on it's way out. The part you see above the new stove is actually the original wall when we moved in this house back in 1974. Everything in there was as how we got it from my grandparents. Later, QD.
Damn thats an old house but looks pretty good from outside pics you had before..What year was it built ?
Is that damage from a leak over the fridge ? Also i think i have that exact same fridge lol..Id love a new Stainless :(

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Looks good! I've been in the process of remodeling myself, taking a while but it's coming along. Seeing each room as we finish makes it totally worth it.

Cool stuff, man. And I agree about the worth it. All we need is the rest of the kitchen done and repainting the living room and it's off to the flooring for the entire downstairs.

Then we move upstairs.

Damn thats an old house i take it then..What year was it built ?
Is that damage from a leak over the fridge ? Also i think i have that exact same fridge lol..Id love a new Stainless :(

Yes it's kind of old. It was 4 years old when we bought it (built in 1970 or 1971). The first buyers stayed in it about a year and it sat for 2 years. That is damage from a bathroom upstairs above that spot. An overflow pan had gotten stopped up and it overflowed. Luckily there was no structural damage. Towards the center of the ceiling is not damage. That is a light fixture, lolol. We're going to repaint the ceiling as well. Later, QD.

C230K
03-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Whats that on the ceiling? Any light fixtures in the kitchen by any chance?

-EnVus-
03-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Damn thats creepy I just noticed my house for a 1976 has the same kitchen window setup from the Window style and frame to the border trim over the sink. :eek:

quickdodgeŽ
03-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Whats that on the ceiling? Any light fixtures in the kitchen by any chance?

Read second part of my post above yourss.

Damn thats creepy I just noticed my house for a 1976 has the same kitchen window setup from the Window style and frame to the border trim over the sink. :eek:

The window itself was replaced (along with all the other ones) 2 1/2 years ago from the original windows to these replacement windows. The kind that flip inside the house for indoor cleaning. The only room I'm not redoing is my den. I'm leaving the wood paneling that is original to the house in there, lolol. All the other room shave been/will be dealt with. Later, QD.

Jdm94Coupe
03-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Good shit qd, looks good.

jonbuice5591
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
damn, its amazing how changing the countertops makes it look like an entire different kitchen. looks very good man. post more pics whenever its finished.

David88vert
03-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Nice change. I went with tropic brown for granite when I remodeled the kitchen.

quickdodgeŽ
03-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Good shit qd, looks good.

damn, its amazing how changing the countertops makes it look like an entire different kitchen. looks very good man. post more pics whenever its finished.

Thank you, two. And you're right, jon, it does make it look like a different kitchen.

Nice change. I went with tropic brown for granite when I remodeled the kitchen.

I'll take a pic for you of the seam in the joining. They did a great job "hiding" it. Later, QD.

David88vert
03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
QD, come by the house when you have time. You'd be amazed at the change to the kitchen. I took it down to dirt, and replace everything - floor joists, walls, cabinets - everything. Cut the wall and put in a bar also.
Doing the main bathroom the same way right now. We are putting the tile in this weekend. Huge amount of work, but you might like some of the ideas that we are doing.
Bring a truck, and I have 2 extra sheets of the "green" moisture repelent sheetrock that you can take with you to redo that spot in your kitchen. Just cut out the old spot, and put in a piece to replace it.

Hiding the seam is the key on the granite countertops. Glad you got a good granite guy - especially with the lighter colored granite, that's more difficult.

I've got a travertine backsplash guy if you need one.

carbon_crash
03-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Looks good QD

isa2o3
03-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I love granite counter tops. Very cool upgrade for any kitchen. Wooden floor will go nice with the current setup. Are you going to paint the cabinets also? I helped my uncle remodel his kitchen a couple of years ago. It was a similar upgrade. When we painted the the cabinets, it really brought out the overall look of the kitchen. Looks good so far man.

SLOWR/T
03-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Nice! I don't know where you're at but, I work at a tile store in Buford. If you're in the area, stop by and I will see what I can do for you tile wise.

David88vert
03-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Nice! I don't know where you're at but, I work at a tile store in Buford. If you're in the area, stop by and I will see what I can do for you tile wise.

Now you post this. :(

I just spent over a grand last week on tile down at F&D for my bathroom remodel. It's already installed also.

quickdodgeŽ
03-25-2012, 09:06 AM
QD, come by the house when you have time. You'd be amazed at the change to the kitchen. I took it down to dirt, and replace everything - floor joists, walls, cabinets - everything. Cut the wall and put in a bar also.
Doing the main bathroom the same way right now. We are putting the tile in this weekend. Huge amount of work, but you might like some of the ideas that we are doing.
Bring a truck, and I have 2 extra sheets of the "green" moisture repelent sheetrock that you can take with you to redo that spot in your kitchen. Just cut out the old spot, and put in a piece to replace it.

Hiding the seam is the key on the granite countertops. Glad you got a good granite guy - especially with the lighter colored granite, that's more difficult.

I've got a travertine backsplash guy if you need one.

I really do need to come by, dude. It's been a long time since I've been over there. As far as the roof goes, we've got that taken care of now and are fixing to paint it (not sure what color, but probably back to white). The people that did it seemed to do a really good job. It was ASA, if you've heard of them. I'm not sure if we're doing travertine or just regular tile, man. We were planning on a mixture of blues in the small (1") glass tiles, but after seeing several pics of the smaller ones, we thought that would be too busy for us. Now we're looking at regular sized tiles.

Looks good QD

I love granite counter tops. Very cool upgrade for any kitchen. Wooden floor will go nice with the current setup. Are you going to paint the cabinets also? I helped my uncle remodel his kitchen a couple of years ago. It was a similar upgrade. When we painted the the cabinets, it really brought out the overall look of the kitchen. Looks good so far man.

Thanks, fellas!

Let me know (via PM if you need to) and we'll swing by. Later, QD.

David88vert
03-25-2012, 11:55 AM
ASA is close to me, but I use MC Granite for granite countertops. Luciano was reasonably priced, and always prompt and fair.
Looks like I might be buying another house soon, and will have to re-do the kitchen there as well - granite, backsplash, and appliances.

quickdodgeŽ
03-25-2012, 01:04 PM
ASA is close to me, but I use MC Granite for granite countertops. Luciano was reasonably priced, and always prompt and fair.
Looks like I might be buying another house soon, and will have to re-do the kitchen there as well - granite, backsplash, and appliances.

ASA is who was contracted out by Home Depot so that's why they did it.

Are you selling your current house or getting a "Summer" home? Later, QD.

David88vert
03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Can't afford to sell mine right now, just going to rent it out.
I'm looking to move into a different school zone, so that I can cut costs.

Brett
03-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Lookin good brotha!!