PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Ek upper control arm contact

project_EM1
03-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Like title states I just recently install some ksports on my em1 and there riding great so far. But I believe my upper control arms are contacting my shock tower. Its low maybe 3" to 3 1/2" off the ground. I think they are aftermarket control arm but I bought the car that way. What possible solutions are there beside having to raise the height of the car.

i4_garage
03-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Stock UCA or Cut Shock Tower and Weld

RBS
03-09-2012, 10:33 AM
stiffer springrates or stiffen your dampening. the lower you go the stiffer your suspension should be to make up the loss in travel

project_EM1
03-09-2012, 12:29 PM
I have 10k spring in the front. Should I try adjusting the damper harder. Currently it's at setting 24. Maximum is 36.

Btw I'm only lowered through the lower so shouldn't I still at least retaining almost full travel of my shocks.

RBS
03-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I have 10k spring in the front. Should I try adjusting the damper harder. Currently it's at setting 24. Maximum is 36.

Btw I'm only lowered through the lower so shouldn't I still at least retaining almost full travel of my shocks.

if your shocks are compression adjustable then yes increasing your dampening will stiffen your suspension up a good bit