PDA

View Full Version : B16 no spark help!!

cole98si
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Ok so my 98 civic with b16a2 swap was running like shit. So I popped the hood and checked a few things. I removed my distributor cap and saw that the screw holing my rotor button in place had backed out. I got a new button and installed it and put everything back together.
I started the car and it sounded/ ran perfect for about a mile then the car just shut off and wouldnt start back up. It will crank all day but never turns over. Did the spark test and turns out im not getting spark? I ended up replacing the whole distribitor but it still wont start. I checked all fuses and grounds.
Idk what else to do, maybe a new ecu? Ive never had any ignition problems before. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS.

1civic
03-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Dizzy has no power.. double check fuses, all the way to the top right of the fuse box under the dash by the yellow srs plug 2 fuses..

And be sure the new dizzy is good...lol

CDangerfield
03-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Go back to old dizzy, check ig coil wires (may be crossed). Also may be in limp mode...?

B18c1Turboed
03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Im having the same problem in one of my cars. I cant figure it out for nothing. Im going to try another Dist this weekend.Let me know if you figure yours out

silversol
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Im having the same problem in one of my cars. I cant figure it out for nothing. Im going to try another Dist this weekend.Let me know if you figure yours out

Did you remember to push the clutch in this time danny?

B18c1Turboed
03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Hahaha funny!