PDA

View Full Version : ATL AREA DEL SOL OWNERS: READ!

SixSquared
11-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Alright guys here's the deal. There's gonna be a bunch of del Sols in one place at one time this summer. And you should bring yourself and your car! I'm gonna go ahead and post this way early so everyone has time to ask off work, save up money, whatever.

DETAILS:
June 16-18, 2006
Colonial Beach, VA.

We're gonna hit the local 1/8th mile drag strip, go on some cruises, stop for photo ops, go out for dinner on Sat night, and have a generally good time. Last year we did a large meet like this and it was a really good time, with 31 del Sols showing.

Just to kind of give you an idea of how this works, since I don't know if any of you post on the "official" Team Sol International forum (www.automotivetech.org if you wanna go), generally, the more sols in a group, the merrier. So the idea is that the GA, AL, and FL solers are all going to meet in Commerce, GA, at Bank's Crossing (exit 149 off 85N) at *9AM*... this time is up for changing, depending on the drag strip. If they do open racing on Friday, we gotta hussle up there. If it's on Saturday night, it's all good. At 9, we all meet and start on our voyage. It's about 520 miles one way, so be sure to plan for gas, and please please PLEASE... if you don't think your car will make it but want to go, hop in with someone. Last year we had a car from Maine throw a rod and blow its motor in KENTUCKY. Not a fun tow truck ride home. We usually ride at about 80mph, in a line (a Sol Train, if you will...). Cell phone numbers are exchanged before we head out on the road, so if someone needs gas/pit stop/whatever, we can all stop as one and then get back on the road as one.

If you're interested in going, let me know! All that's really set in stone so far is the date and location. I still have hotels to call and liasons to call (I don't live in Colonial Beach, so I don't know the area, yet for some reason I seem to be in charge of this whole thing... it's all good though). Hotels usually give group discounts for large groups, so I still have to call around and find places and whatnot. Anyways. There it is! If you have questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

Emily

The BUCKY
12-02-2005, 02:52 PM
sounds like fun but why so freakin far away? lol