PDA

View Full Version : Lolol @ NASCAR...

quickdodgeŽ
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Can't race in the rain. These soap opera racers wouldn't last a day where real skilled racing takes place. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
02-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Whats really funny is my oldest sister took her family down there to see it and paid out the ass for tickets LOL

Julio
02-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Im pretty sure they have skills... I mean, 200mph even inna straight line is not easy. :)

Dylan
02-26-2012, 06:42 PM
They're making a left turn!!

RL...
02-26-2012, 07:30 PM
yeah nascar is ridiculous

TIGERJC
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Smart of NASCAR, just imagine all the normal drunk fans leaving to go home in the rain. Daytona would be one big mudding event that would probably see >30 deaths. Come to think of it maybe not such a bad thing to happen, less tea party members

Echonova
02-27-2012, 05:44 AM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh284/CTone03/Fail/Ej5de.jpg

Elbow
02-27-2012, 08:20 AM
NASCAR CAN'T race in the rain, it doesn't take a scientist to figure out that wet race tires need to be WET to work. At 200mph for long periods of time on a high banked oval with a pack of cars, the track will somewhat dry, without large amounts of water to cool the rain tires, they will heat up far too much and explode.

With that said, NASCAR simply can't race in the rain because the tires can't handle that. There are other reasons why it'd be unsafe but that's the reason why it's impossible.

They're making a left turn!!

If you really think NASCAR is easy you're SADLY mistaken. lol

Half of them are pretty good road course drivers as well, many ex-NASCAR road race cars end up road racing with SCCA or HSR anyway, I see one in my future down the road.

teh bri
02-27-2012, 09:29 AM
NASCAR CAN'T race in the rain, it doesn't take a scientist to figure out that wet race tires need to be WET to work. At 200mph for long periods of time on a high banked oval with a pack of cars, the track will somewhat dry, without large amounts of water to cool the rain tires, they will heat up far too much and explode.

With that said, NASCAR simply can't race in the rain because the tires can't handle that. There are other reasons why it'd be unsafe but that's the reason why it's impossible.

Half of them are pretty good road course drivers as well, many ex-NASCAR road race cars end up road racing with SCCA or HSR anyway, I see one in my future down the road.

ANNNNND shit just got real.

Me and the boy were at Buffalo Wild Wings and they had it on the TV. Most of the older men there were so pissed. And I didn't understand why until I heard them talking about the rain. That sucks for the people who had spent a lot of money on the tickets. Do they eventually get a refund?

Elbow
02-27-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't know about refunds, I bet they can use their ticket at the other Daytona race there in July or whatever NASCAR does or choose a refund. Not really sure how it will work.

Brett
02-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Race is on at 7pm tonight, I personally am looking forward to it.

Elbow
02-27-2012, 09:48 AM
If it actually happens, I never watch NASCAR but may watch this if it's on where we're eating dinner tonight.

Brett
02-27-2012, 10:00 AM
With the new setup of the cars for this race, its going to be a wild race

Elbow
02-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Aside from fuel injection what else is new?

silversol
02-27-2012, 10:14 AM

X2

Brett
02-27-2012, 10:41 AM

x3!!!

Brett
02-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Aside from fuel injection what else is new?

For the 2 Speedway tracks this year (Daytona and Talladega) they have made the rear spoiler smaller and radiator inlets and radiator smaller to stop the tandem racing that has been taking place since the new cars came out 3 years ago, these new changes force them back to pack racing which is very exciting to watch but make the cars more unstable, especially when one car disrupts air off the left rear bumper from behind, which is why there have been so many wrecks during speedweek this week.

AnthonyF
02-27-2012, 04:12 PM

With that said, NASCAR simply can't race in the rain because the tires can't handle that. There are other reasons why it'd be unsafe but that's the reason why it's impossible.Most of the time we see eye to eye...here we couldn't be any further apart. All I have to say is:

If motorcycles can race in the rain, why can't nascar?

You say it is b/c of the tire compound. So there are no other alternatives? What about the tires for F1 and Indy? Can they not use the technology from these tires? I believe Nascar drivers are a bunch of drama queens. What a shitty "sport."

-Ant.

Browning151
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
I love it when I see a bunch of people ragging on NASCAR "they're making a left turn, all they do is drive in circles, etc etc" I'd love to see anyone drive a car at 200 mph, sometimes 3 wide, sometimes with less than a ft. between you and a wall on one side and another car on the other. I'm not a NASCAR fan, but acting like it's easy is laughable.

Elbow
02-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Most of the time we see eye to eye...here we couldn't be any further apart. All I have to say is:

If motorcycles can race in the rain, why can't nascar?

You say it is b/c of the tire compound. So there are no other alternatives? What about the tires for F1 and Indy? Can they not use the technology from these tires? I believe Nascar drivers are a bunch of drama queens. What a shitty "sport."

-Ant.

Wet tires cannot handle heat no matter what. Not even in F1 not even in bikes.

Other series can run in the wet on a road course because the loads are completely different and they can move off line to find puddles to cool tires.

NASCAR will run in the wet on road courses, but on an oval, the water falls down, the track will heat fast, tires will explode. There's no way to do it with what is available and even if they found a tire that could do it other concerns still exist, easiest is spray. In a pack like they run in it would be brutal.

A large majority of NASCAR drivers COULD easily run in the wet, most have road racing experience, grew up on dirt tracks, etc. There is no lack of driver skill in the field.

quickdodgeŽ
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
My work here is almost done. Later, QD.

Julio
02-27-2012, 08:30 PM

Lol

Brett
02-28-2012, 07:47 AM

DAMN YOU!! LOL

Echonova
02-28-2012, 09:22 PM

blaknoize
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Wet tires cannot handle heat no matter what. Not even in F1 not even in bikes.

Other series can run in the wet on a road course because the loads are completely different and they can move off line to find puddles to cool tires.

NASCAR will run in the wet on road courses, but on an oval, the water falls down, the track will heat fast, tires will explode. There's no way to do it with what is available and even if they found a tire that could do it other concerns still exist, easiest is spray. In a pack like they run in it would be brutal.

A large majority of NASCAR drivers COULD easily run in the wet, most have road racing experience, grew up on dirt tracks, etc. There is no lack of driver skill in the field.

But isn't there a Dry/Wet compound available that will create a pit schedule/strategy? Indy/Formula and Superbike all have a dry/wet tire compound available. Yes the tires my explode but that's why you pit to change tires, pure wet, dry/wet and dry.

alpine_aw11
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Considering NASCAR is as well funded as any racing in the world(at least I think so...) if there was a way for them to race in the rain, they would do it. Saying the drivers are babies is kinda.....well......fuckin stupid.

quickdodgeŽ
03-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Considering NASCAR is as well funded as any racing in the world(at least I think so...) if there was a way for them to race in the rain, they would do it. Saying the drivers are babies is kinda.....well......fuckin stupid.

Like I said,

My work here is almost done.

Later, QD.

Brett
03-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Your just needing someone to say its a bunch of rednecks then you will be happy Mike!! HAHA

Elbow
03-08-2012, 08:11 AM
But isn't there a Dry/Wet compound available that will create a pit schedule/strategy? Indy/Formula and Superbike all have a dry/wet tire compound available. Yes the tires my explode but that's why you pit to change tires, pure wet, dry/wet and dry.

I'm not sure what you mean. There are three typical tires: dry, intermediates, wets. Wets and intermediates will only work when it's either WET or damp, as the temps go up they will fall apart. There would be no good in between pitting, if intermediates could be used it'd probably be a risk as that means there are damp spots and you'd see far too many pit stops to even have an exciting race. Road racers can make things work because they can go off line to find water and stay out longer, with a banked oval the water runs down and after a few laps you will have a dry banking and puddle spotted straights. It would just be a mess and more of a safety concern than anything else because we all know the drivers would be going balls out no matter what.

Brett
03-08-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. There are three typical tires: dry, intermediates, wets. Wets and intermediates will only work when it's either WET or damp, as the temps go up they will fall apart. There would be no good in between pitting, if intermediates could be used it'd probably be a risk as that means there are damp spots and you'd see far too many pit stops to even have an exciting race. Road racers can make things work because they can go off line to find water and stay out longer, with a banked oval the water runs down and after a few laps you will have a dry banking and puddle spotted straights. It would just be a mess and more of a safety concern than anything else because we all know the drivers would be going balls out no matter what.

SCHOOL THESE DUMB ASS FOLK WHO DONT SEEM TO GET THAT EVEN THOUGH ITS BEEN EXPLAIN IN HERE 3 TIMES!!

alpine_aw11
03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Like I said,

Later, QD.

Success.

blaknoize
03-08-2012, 07:43 PM
SCHOOL THESE DUMB ASS FOLK WHO DONT SEEM TO GET THAT EVEN THOUGH ITS BEEN EXPLAIN IN HERE 3 TIMES!!

U know what Brett. I F###n hate you [-__-].

But yes, intermediates was the tire I was referring to. If it was raining then stopped the drivers would pit like all others. Yes the racing line or even total track speed would slow or move, but I'd only assume a pro race driver would pace himself (along with his crew) to make as few pits as possible. Then the race would continue. IMO the race would be even more exciting. But... this is me talking about a sport I rarely watch.