PDA

View Full Version : So wtf....

STRteg
02-23-2012, 07:42 AM
I tried to quit my job, and my boss told me I can't quit.......

WTF

:thinking:

How do you respond to that??

Nismo
02-23-2012, 07:44 AM
bahahhahahaa

STRteg
02-23-2012, 07:45 AM
bahahhahahaa

Seriously.... how the hell am i suppose to respond to that??

Skorcher
02-23-2012, 07:46 AM
You walk out.

STRteg
02-23-2012, 07:47 AM
You walk out.

I was actually just planning on not coming back tomorrow, have a new job already, I just didn't know what to say when he said "you cant quit"

Skorcher
02-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Can't tell you what to do of course, but if I was told that I would have said watch me.... and left right then. :D

STRteg
02-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Can't tell you what to do of course, but if I was told that I would have said watch me.... and left right then. :D

lol Yeah I guess but then you would of missed out on a few more paid days from the job

Xrated O.G.
02-23-2012, 07:56 AM
This is as good of time as any to re-negotiate your current salary. Been there, done that. Worked out in my favor for sure...

Skorcher
02-23-2012, 07:58 AM
lol Yeah I guess but then you would of missed out on a few more paid days from the job

Lol true. In all seriousness, here's how I would've handled it.

If I was cool with my boss and wanted to keep things on good terms, I would have explained to him that in this economy you've gotta go with the greener pastures so it's time for me to move on... nothing personal.
If I didn't care about my boss, or the extra day or two's pay, I'd just leave and enjoy some time off before I started my next gig.

georgieboi
02-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Yep I would have said if I can't quit I need a raise. No raise = me gone

Doppelgänger
02-23-2012, 08:05 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iM64JUSYmJY/StPRkV2LhfI/AAAAAAAAAIg/xsZCTCET5_A/s400/Damn+it+feels+good+to+be+a+gangster+.jpg

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 08:20 AM
my boss told me I can't quit.......

.....because you're FIRED! Pack your shit and GTFO --->

STRteg
02-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Lol true. In all seriousness, here's how I would've handled it.

If I was cool with my boss and wanted to keep things on good terms, I would have explained to him that in this economy you've gotta go with the greener pastures so it's time for me to move on... nothing personal.
If I didn't care about my boss, or the extra day or two's pay, I'd just leave and enjoy some time off before I started my next gig.

Yeah this is how it went down:

Me: Sir can I talk to you for a min?
Boss: Yeah, come in
Me: Sir I would have given a little more notice if I had the opportunity, but I have been accepted to work in another position paying a little more than what I'm making right now. My new employer wants me to start Monday, so Friday is going to be my last day.
Boss: (Blank stare accommodated by awkward silence)
Me: (shifting eyes left to right waiting for a response)
Boss: You can't quit
Me: What?
Me: Wait WHAT?
Boss: You need a Q-tip? Get back to work
Me: O_O

And as I'm leaving his office to walk back in the warehouse:

Boss: Oh and Eli?
Me: Yeah?
Boss: You better be here Monday
Me: (letting warehouse door close abruptly)

So I went back into my office in the warehouse lit up a cig and tried to figure out wtf just happened!? :thinking:

Elbow
02-23-2012, 09:01 AM

Me: Sir I would have given a little more notice if I had the opportunity, but I have been accepted to work in another position paying a little more than what I'm making right now. My new employer wants me to start Monday, so Friday is going to be my last day.

So I went back into my office in the warehouse lit up a cig and tried to figure out wtf just happened!? :thinking:

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

STRteg
02-23-2012, 09:07 AM
BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

lol this is crazy!

Elbow
02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
I mean just say bye tomorrow, shake his hand, say thank you, and disappear.

STRteg
02-23-2012, 09:11 AM
I mean just say bye tomorrow, shake his hand, say thank you, and disappear.

Yeah I am, I just can't believe the audacity in this fool

Skorcher
02-23-2012, 09:17 AM
That's pretty bold of him. Of course, if you were to stay now... he'd know you were his slave. Give him a handshake and wish them the best of luck. Taking the high road is your best option on this one.

STRteg
02-23-2012, 09:23 AM
That's pretty bold of him. Of course, if you were to stay now... he'd know you were his slave. Give him a handshake and wish them the best of luck. Taking the high road is your best option on this one.

Yeah pretty bold, and your right the high road is the best road here

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 09:26 AM
never burn a bridge. Id just say "thank you" and MAKE SURE YOU TURN IN A WRITTEN LETTER THAT SAYS YOU ARE QUITTING so you have it on file. That way he cant say "I FIRED HIM"

Id actually turn it in today if you can. Just to be on record.

Because you could walk in tomorrow and he could say "GTFO YOURE FIRED"

STRteg
02-23-2012, 09:28 AM
never burn a bridge. Id just say "thank you" and MAKE SURE YOU TURN IN A WRITTEN LETTER THAT SAYS YOU ARE QUITTING so you have it on file. That way he cant say "I FIRED HIM"

Good thinking, just in case things go south I'm going to do that

91s13
02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
you should've just gave him a 2 week notice but seem like this wasn't the case. I would try not to burn a bridge because you may not like your new position and wanna come back. So decide very carefully your next step because things do happen meaning your new position looks good on the outside but once you get in it may not be what you expected

Nerdsrock22
02-23-2012, 10:35 AM
you should've just gave him a 2 week notice but seem like this wasn't the case. I would try not to burn a bridge because you may not like your new position and wanna come back. So decide very carefully your next step because things do happen meaning your new position looks good on the outside but once you get in it may not be what you expected

This.

I'd give the guy two weeks. That's just common professional courtesy.

.blank cd
02-23-2012, 10:42 AM

DO NOT give it to your boss, give it to someone in HR

B18c1Turboed
02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Hahhaha!!

STRteg
02-23-2012, 10:47 AM

I was going to but my new position wants me to start Monday....

DO NOT give it to your boss, give it to someone in HR

Yeah I am going to fax it to HR our main facility is actually in FL

91s13
02-23-2012, 11:01 AM
I would check with my new job to see if they would allow you to start later so you can do a 2 week notice. In the end the choice is yours because he can't hold you there against your will.

Brett
02-23-2012, 11:56 AM

I just LIRL'd, OMG this would have been funny to see in person!! HAHAHA Guess he will see you on Monday!! LMAO

Brett
02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I would check with my new job to see if they would allow you to start later so you can do a 2 week notice. In the end the choice is yours because he can't hold you there against your will.

He can be kidnapped and chained to his desk!! LMAO

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 12:05 PM
id hand a copy of it to your boss and let him know you send it to HR. Just so everyone knows. Its not like its secret information.

Professional courtesy is 2 weeks, and the NEW JOB should understand the 2 week notice, most places understand that.

However, if this is a low wage labor job (NOT BEING FACETIOUS) just saying if its a 7-12$/hr job, 2 weeks really doesnt matter. They dont need 2 weeks notice and most places like that would rather you just left so they can hire a replacement

STRteg
02-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I just LIRL'd, OMG this would have been funny to see in person!! HAHAHA Guess he will see you on Monday!! LMAO

lol I was a little upset earlier with this whole escapade but I can see the humor now, still though he's fuckin crazy!

He can be kidnapped and chained to his desk!! LMAO

I woould just pick the desk up and leave lol

id hand a copy of it to your boss and let him know you send it to HR. Just so everyone knows. Its not like its secret information.

Professional courtesy is 2 weeks, and the NEW JOB should understand the 2 week notice, most places understand that.

However, if this is a low wage labor job (NOT BEING FACETIOUS) just saying if its a 7-12$/hr job, 2 weeks really doesnt matter. They dont need 2 weeks notice and most places like that would rather you just left so they can hire a replacement

Yeah I've been talking to a girl I know real well in HR I faxed her the paperwork already and I informed my boss to be expecting a copy sent shortly from HR so everything is out in the open. And I'm a shipping and receiving Manager and I know it's proper to give two weeks and that was what I originally wanted but the new position said they need me to start Monday. So what do you do when your new job tells you they need you NOW not in two weeks? I definitely don't want to lose this position.

ISAtlanta300
02-23-2012, 12:51 PM
LOL I guess you won't be getting a recommendation letter from him now...

STRteg
02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
LOL I guess you won't be getting a recommendation letter from him now...

Yeah looks doubtful

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Well you ask them "well my current employer requires 2 weeks notice, is that a problem?"

most reputable companies will understand , because they dont want to be in that position either. if the new company says "too bad, take it or leave it" then you have 2 options:

1) compensation for possibly having a hole in your resume (if your prior job gets upset because you dont give them adequate notice, it permanently stains your resume for life, new company should understand that)

2) deal with the fallout and just go.

98blackcivic
02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
i was in a similar situation..i hinted to my boss about leaving..and he killed it by telling me no other job at this level can compete with what i got right now...
lol i just went back to work

STRteg
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
i was in a similar situation..i hinted to my boss about leaving..and he killed it by telling me no other job at this level can compete with what i got right now...
lol i just went back to work

lol damn dude idk man I'm for sure leaving though, but I'm going to try and renegotiate my pay rate before leaving.

STRteg
02-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Well you ask them "well my current employer requires 2 weeks notice, is that a problem?"

most reputable companies will understand , because they dont want to be in that position either. if the new company says "too bad, take it or leave it" then you have 2 options:

1) compensation for possibly having a hole in your resume (if your prior job gets upset because you dont give them adequate notice, it permanently stains your resume for life, new company should understand that)

2) deal with the fallout and just go.

Yeah idk I'm going to call the new gig and see whats what, meanwhile I'm going to try to renegotiate my pay or else I'm out!

Brett
02-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Tell him youll stay if he gets you a company car and lets you have a Bukkake with his wife and some friends LMAO

STRteg
02-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Tell him youll stay if he gets you a company car and lets you have a Bukkake with his wife and some friends LMAO

Damnit if I could rep you again I would lolol

Elbow
02-23-2012, 03:26 PM

It worries me why you want to jack off with a bunch of guys. :(

Brett
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Im not his friend so it wouldnt include me...LOL

STRteg
02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Im not his friend so it wouldnt include me...LOL

Whoa, lets everyone just calm down I interpreted it since he walks talking about my bosses wife I'd be the money GIVING the money shots to her and her (female) friends

On second thought this thread has just took an IA turn for the worst

Browning151
02-23-2012, 04:07 PM
On second thought this thread has just took an IA turn for the worst

It was bound to happen eventually lol.

Austin?
02-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I was working for a really nice dude a few years back at a body shop. Months before i was thinking about quiting i told him that i really need to find a job that i can make more money. Then a few weeks goes by i keep mentioning that i found a new place that i can make more money but he didnt really seen to care. The day that i decide to give me 2 weeks notice he then ask if i willing to work if he rise my pay. i told him that i already made up my mind so he say if i ever need to come back the door's wide open.. true story.

STRteg
02-23-2012, 06:33 PM
It was bound to happen eventually lol.

Lol hell yeah it was honestly a ticking time bomb

EJ6
02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
i tried giving my boss a two week noticed he fired me the next day

98blackcivic
02-23-2012, 09:41 PM

lolll thank God i work for USG

STRteg
02-24-2012, 12:22 AM

Hell yeah I've been there done that, what a bunch of bs

Brett
02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
So on Monday we will see you at work right??? Admit it, you wont leave since he said you cant!! LOL

STRteg
02-24-2012, 07:59 AM
So on Monday we will see you at work right??? Admit it, you wont leave since he said you cant!! LOL

Yeah you'll see me at my new job!! lol