PDA

View Full Version : Got Fad ?

-EnVus-
02-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Well just when you think you have seen it all something new comes along. Just saw a slammed lime green chevy silverado with a HUGE Angry bird Drift charm hanging :tongue1:

What car Fads or Mod are you able to say you never feel for or found yourself following ?

CHADbee
02-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Dumbassness.

It is running rampant in the car scene these days and it just the cool new thing.

-EnVus-
02-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Dumbassness.

It is running rampant in the car scene these days and it just the cool new thing.
True but its reached Domestic Trucks now it appears lol

Echonova
02-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Zipties

Car/truck on bags (Hydro's or go home)

Voting Democrat

Show cars

Chromed anything

Spinning rims

-EnVus-
02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Zipties

Car/truck on bags (Hydro's or go home)

Voting Democrat

Show cars

Chromed anything

Spinning rims
Chrome lug nuts count ?

silversol
02-22-2012, 10:28 PM
The honda group after 05-06 when people spent money on there cars, when there was cool performance build threads. not like today with stickered home depo lips,bike racks, spraypainted cars, and stupid looking wheels

2005 era hondas clean and simple
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt106/Silviadoberman/ITR.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/Humpie56/ITR.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/silversolb18/1999civicsi1.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/silversolb18/DSC02507.jpg

AND NOW!
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/silversolb18/eh42.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/i2ed1ined/07%20Honda-techcom%20Meet/2549scd.jpg

.blank cd
02-22-2012, 10:33 PM
God damned hellaflush wheels.

-EnVus-
02-22-2012, 10:34 PM
So those stickers are not JDM Original parts..........Oh the deception! :(

silversol
02-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Dumbassness.

QFT!

-EnVus-
02-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I will admit when i was 17 i had a Blue strobe shroud on my sub LOL

CHADbee
02-22-2012, 10:39 PM
I will admit when i was 17 i had a Blue strobe shroud on my sub LOL

I'd rather have that now than put wheels 2 inches wider than OEM with smaller than OEM tire sizes.

-EnVus-
02-22-2012, 10:44 PM
I'd rather have that now than put wheels 2 inches wider than OEM with smaller than OEM tire sizes.
Yeah the day the DOT regulates how tires must fit i will be thanful.....Imagine the guy selling the tires what he must think when he ask what rim size is for fitting and hears about stretch :lmfao:

Dylan
02-22-2012, 11:06 PM
The angry bird shit has blown way out of proportion where I live :gay:. I see some new crazy shit everyday. Kids here are now trying to be hellaflushered and are failing miserably, it's quite a sad sight really.

Elbow
02-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Drifting poser kids. Skinny jeans, busted up 240s, they say they drift but can only do a random slide here and there.

Aerodynamic mods, even when functional, even when you track your car, but your car does not need them or you can't get the most out of the car without them anyway. For some reason the S2000 crowd excels in this.

I also hate the whole stretched tire/fitment scene, it makes no sense and makes cars look broken.

Slanted mufflers. I don't see the point why your Civic needs a tilted muffler, is there reasoning behind it?

Stupid trendy stickers such as "Canibeat" or whatever, you all know what I mean.

When kids "cruise" and have their WHOLE arm out the window, as if they're trying to touch the ground. I don't know why it makes me mad, it just looks stupid. lol

People who come to car meets expecting a scene from the Fast and the Furious. I don't go to meets anymore because of it and we had a group of kids come to an Athens meet a few months ago where we threatened to call the police, they thought it was cool to rev the crap out of their cars and do a few burnouts. After telling them to stop or I was calling the police one of their "models" yelled at me "it's a car show that's what you're suppose to do!" :lmfao::gay:

Drift charms are for morons.

I can't stand sticker covered lips or "custom" painting.

The whole useless roof rack thing, if you actually ride bikes then cool, but when you put a bike rack on for looks you're a damn idiot.

Diamond Racing wheels also make me mad, I don't mind the wheels, but every time I see a car with some I immediately think it's a dirt track car or a circle track car and I'm disappointed when it's a stock Civic on JDM coilovers.

Front plates also anger me, we don't need those here. Especially the people I've seen lately that drill in an older GA plate into their front bumper. LOL

Skorcher
02-23-2012, 07:39 AM
The fake applique portholes and vents.

Anything that was branded "APC".

"Fear This" vinyl and stickers.

Yes, stretched tires are ridiculous as well.

Nismo
02-23-2012, 07:43 AM
I have stretched tires and a sticker on my lip. I guess that means my car needs to go to the dump. :(

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/392209_193580687400444_106567939435053_397113_2039 834330_n.jpg

Doppelgänger
02-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Drifting poser kids. Skinny jeans, busted up 240s, they say they drift but can only do a random slide here and there.

Aerodynamic mods, even when functional, even when you track your car, but your car does not need them or you can't get the most out of the car without them anyway. For some reason the S2000 crowd excels in this.

I also hate the whole stretched tire/fitment scene, it makes no sense and makes cars look broken.

Slanted mufflers. I don't see the point why your Civic needs a tilted muffler, is there reasoning behind it?

Stupid trendy stickers such as "Canibeat" or whatever, you all know what I mean.

When kids "cruise" and have their WHOLE arm out the window, as if they're trying to touch the ground. I don't know why it makes me mad, it just looks stupid. lol

People who come to car meets expecting a scene from the Fast and the Furious. I don't go to meets anymore because of it and we had a group of kids come to an Athens meet a few months ago where we threatened to call the police, they thought it was cool to rev the crap out of their cars and do a few burnouts. After telling them to stop or I was calling the police one of their "models" yelled at me "it's a car show that's what you're suppose to do!" :lmfao::gay:

The whole useless roof rack thing, if you actually ride bikes then cool, but when you put a bike rack on for looks you're a damn idiot.

Diamond Racing wheels also make me mad, I don't mind the wheels, but every time I see a car with some I immediately think it's a dirt track car or a circle track car and I'm disappointed when it's a stock Civic on JDM coilovers.

Front plates also anger me, we don't need those here. Especially the people I've seen lately that drill in an older GA plate into their front bumper. LOL

Would read again.

I swear to God that I'm going to start carrying a box cutter with me at all times and when I see an unattended "drift charm"...it will succumb to the pressure of a sharp blade...

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 08:17 AM

If I see one more "photoshoot" of some idiot casually hanging his arm out the window of his hipster hunk of shit I'm gonna start chopping off dicks.

RandomGuy
02-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Would read again.

I swear to God that I'm going to start carrying a box cutter with me at all times and when I see an unattended "drift charm"...it will succumb to the pressure of a sharp blade...
You weren't saying that when you had the hello kitty drift charm on your green and orange miata back in the day

georgieboi
02-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Ya fellas are always mad at someone's mods.

Nismo
02-23-2012, 08:23 AM
You weren't saying that when you had the hello kitty drift charm on your green and orange miata back in the day

bazinga

Doppelgänger
02-23-2012, 08:31 AM

My fucking ass. I've never hung a single thing off my car...unlike the the gay pride ranbow you had hanging off your camels ass. Fag.

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 08:33 AM

+infinity

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Im sorry but it goes back to what i always say. This group of kids are so broke, and have NO MONEY, that they have to invent cheap mods to stand out (well, fit in).

I mean if you told someone 5-8 years ago I can put $500 hellaflush wheels on my car, slam the fuck out of it, and put stickers on it and its worthy of a "photo shoot" , you would have gotten laughed off IA or the parking lot you were in.

No one wants to work for anything anymore. They dont want to save up and mod. They want to do the cheapest shit they can find. Its also way more about fitting in. They all think they are being different, but in reality they are ALL THE SAME. They all want the stretched tire, 0 offset, car rides like shit, .25in of the tire touching the pavement crap so they can all have group therapy together at the Starbucks on Barrett and tell each other how awesome they are.

silversol
02-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Im sorry but it goes back to what i always say. This group of kids are so broke, and have NO MONEY, that they have to invent cheap mods to stand out (well, fit in).

I mean if you told someone 5-8 years ago I can put $500 hellaflush wheels on my car, slam the fuck out of it, and put stickers on it and its worthy of a "photo shoot" , you would have gotten laughed off IA or the parking lot you were in.

No one wants to work for anything anymore. They dont want to save up and mod. They want to do the cheapest shit they can find. Its also way more about fitting in. They all think they are being different, but in reality they are ALL THE SAME. They all want the stretched tire, 0 offset, car rides like shit, .25in of the tire touching the pavement crap so they can all have group therapy together at the Starbucks on Barrett and tell each other how awesome they are.

Is that why they wear there sister's hand me down skinny jeans? Becase they are broke Oh I get it now!

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 08:55 AM

Build thread 2005: Pull motor, send to machine shop, forged internals, large turbo, all supporting mods, 93 oct and racegas map, a few suspension mods, some rotors and pads, smaller but wider than OEM wheel sizes with wide/meaty drag radials...........go talk shit and rape bitches on the streets, like a boss.

Build thread 2012: Megan coilovers, XXR wheels, slam car with fucked up fenders......act like a douche.....?????......E-famous.

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 08:57 AM
That is probably the WORST fad of them all. Skinny jeans while sagging is arguably the most retarded fashion style ever

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Build thread 2005: Pull motor, send to machine shop, forged internals, large turbo, all supporting mods, 93 oct and racegas map, a few suspension mods, some rotors and pads, smaller but wider than OEM wheel sizes with wide/meaty drag radials...........go talk shit and rape bitches on the streets, like a boss.

Build thread 2012: Megan coilovers, XXR wheels, slam car with fucked up fenders......act like a douche.....?????......E-famous.

we should make shirts, and then go hang out at the varsity with them on.

You realize we are turning into the "TURN THAT LOUD MUSIC DOWN" old guys right LOL

PTCDC5
02-23-2012, 09:04 AM

QFT!

Skorcher
02-23-2012, 09:14 AM

You realize we are turning into the "TURN THAT LOUD MUSIC DOWN" old guys right LOL

I'm in for one!

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 09:30 AM

Us:

http://chzhistoriclols.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/funny-pictures-history-get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Nismo
02-23-2012, 10:27 AM

Full of hate hate hate!

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Full of hate hate hate!

I was a hater before it was cool to hate.

Clutch070
02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Lambo doors, strobe lights, Underglow, interior tube lighting :lmfao:

Nerdsrock22
02-23-2012, 10:57 AM
It's real easy to call out broke people and call them the face of scene nowadays, when in reality, there isn't anyone actually praising the 0 offset XXR, bike rack, sticker-bomb look you are talking about (except for the kids in the Car Pics section). Furthermore, to say that modded Hondas were better in 2005 (or whenever) is just ignoring the people actually building good cars nowadays. I'm sure if I went back to the Car Pics section of 2005, there would be plenty of tacky, ill-informed tuner Civics.

Here are some real Hondas of 2012 that people actually give a rat's ass about:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7047/6921632345_bef9094622_o.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6772973154_7b88fd45fd_o.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7055/6921634521_e66cf3448e_o.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7207/6775522802_2dddcec604_o.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7210/6921638695_19238d6ba4_o.jpg

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
It's real easy to call out broke people and call them the face of scene nowadays, when in reality, there isn't anyone actually praising the 0 offset XXR, bike rack, sticker-bomb look you are talking about (except for the kids in the Car Pics section). Furthermore, to say that modded Hondas were better in 2005 (or whenever) is just ignoring the people actually building good cars nowadays. I'm sure if I went back to the Car Pics section of 2005, there would be plenty of tacky, ill-informed tuner Civics.

Here are some real Hondas of 2012 that people actually give a rat's ass about:

]
I can give credit where it is due, and there is a still plenty of guys out there building sick cars....and while a lot of them look like they are performance oriented builds I rarely see cars built and used at the track(drag or circuit) as much as I did 5 years ago, at least here in Atlanta. Maybe people are broke, or maybe they just have no desire to have a car that performs.

Elbow
02-23-2012, 11:11 AM

I forgot, I also hate when kids say "grip" driving.

Anymore info on this car? Otherwise it fits one of my hates.

Nerdsrock22
02-23-2012, 11:13 AM
I can give credit where it is due, and there is a still plenty of guys out there building sick cars....and while a lot of them look like they are performance oriented builds I rarely see cars built and used at the track(drag or circuit) as much as I did 5 years ago, at least here in Atlanta. Maybe people are broke, or maybe they just have no desire to have a car that performs.

Things have undoubtedly changed in the import scene, but you have to remember that 5 years ago, import enthusiasts didn't really have the performance selection that they have now. For example, in 2005, if you had $15k to spend on a fast car, you could spend $8k on an Si and then dump $7k into performance and really kick some ass. Nowadays, if you've got $15k to spend, you are going to buy an Evo, STI, 350z, S2k, Mustang GT and be wayyy faster than a turboed Civic. Unless you are a serious Honda enthusiast (read: Californian), you generally aren't going to invest that much money on a FF car for performance.

I think you need to come down to Macon. I can't find anyone that builds a car for aesthetics down here. It's all power/drag/autox.

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Things have undoubtedly changed in the import scene, but you have to remember that 5 years ago, import enthusiasts didn't really have the performance selection that they have now. For example, in 2005, if you had $15k to spend on a fast car, you could spend $8k on an Si and then dump $7k into performance and really kick some ass. Nowadays, if you've got $15k to spend, you are going to buy an Evo, STI, 350z, S2k, Mustang GT and be wayyy faster than a turboed Civic. Unless you are a serious Honda enthusiast (read: Californian), you generally aren't going to invest that much money on a FF car for performance.

I think you need to come down to Macon. I can't find anyone that builds a car for aesthetics down here. It's all power/drag/autox.
Because of the out of the box high performance cars on the market for 15-k-ish these days I would expect for the scene to be more performance orientated! The thing is though.....a lot of these performance cars like the Evo, STI, S2k and 350Z you can buy in that price now perform worse after they are modified because the owners lower them 4 inches and put thinner than OEM tires sizes on them! That is just retarded.

Just saying: I don't mind some slam and stretch, on a car that isn't a performance based car and as long as it isn't overly done.

Nerdsrock22
02-23-2012, 11:25 AM

I forgot, I also hate when kids say "grip" driving.

Anymore info on this car? Otherwise it fits one of my hates.

243bhp / 150lbft B18C

Elbow
02-23-2012, 11:25 AM
perform worse after they are modified because the owners lower them 4 inches and put thinner than OEM tires sizes on them! That is just retarded.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Elbow
02-23-2012, 11:27 AM
243bhp / 150lbft B18C

Well that doesn't mean it needs wings, I meant like who drives it, where, etc. lol I just don't understand why so many people these days new to the track day or time trial arena feel the need to put "Tsukuba Super Lap" aero work on their cars before they even know how to turn fast laps.

It's sort of like people who say "I can't track my car yet I need coilovers." No you don't.

Nerdsrock22
02-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Well that doesn't mean it needs wings, I meant like who drives it, where, etc. lol I just don't understand why so many people these days new to the track day or time trial arena feel the need to put "Tsukuba Super Lap" aero work on their cars before they even know how to turn fast laps.

I don't really care about science or function when it comes to automotive style, but I'm going to go with these guys when it comes to aero on Hondas. If they think it's necessary, then I'll bet they've done the research and found that it does "something".

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2434/dsc5200720720x0.jpg

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
i stand by my statements.

Kids today are BROKE, they are desperate to fit in because they are all a bunch of needy whiny wannabe cuddle me emo kids that want to belong to something. GO to any starbucks meet on barrett and youll see what i mean. Kids thinking they are such badasses with arguably the biggest pieces of shit EVER. My cars never LOOKED great, but they were fast. Or they looked good and were slow. But i never did stuff to fit in, i did it because i liked doing it.

It went from a hobby to a fashion statement.

If you REALLY ENJOY CARS, you arent building 240s or civics that are practically incapable of driving on the road.

Elbow
02-23-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't really care about science or function when it comes to automotive style, but I'm going to go with these guys when it comes to aero on Hondas. If they think it's necessary, then I'll bet they've done the research and found that it does "something".

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2434/dsc5200720720x0.jpg

I didn't say it doesn't work, but if you can't use the car to the ability to need the aero work then it's pointless and in my opinion ugly because it's purely cosmetic. Realtime has pro drivers that can push the car to the point where any aid from downforce will be beneficial, a kid that just started doing track events usually isn't even close to that limit.

silversol
02-23-2012, 01:36 PM
i stand by my statements.

Kids today are BROKE, they are desperate to fit in because they are all a bunch of needy whiny wannabe cuddle me emo kids that want to belong to something. GO to any starbucks meet on barrett and youll see what i mean. Kids thinking they are such badasses with arguably the biggest pieces of shit EVER. My cars never LOOKED great, but they were fast. Or they looked good and were slow. But i never did stuff to fit in, i did it because i liked doing it.

If you REALLY ENJOY CARS, you arent building 240s or civics that are practically incapable of driving on the road.

I agree 100% It almost is like a fasion show now. Remember the good old days of built motor hondas 237hp crx's, Peter hatch being the first street honda dipping into the 9's. I still today dont see many if any delsol's that I would take over my old one i remember A performance shop telling me in 99 that I would not be able to do a gsr swap into my delsol by myself lol

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 02:24 PM
i wasnt even relevant honestly and not worth mentioning.

Tom and his silver ITR hatch
Blykins
Peter
Bee
Windsor
Alfonso
Ken Black R
Johnzm

Then you had the 240 guys like Quincy and Aaron on here and Brian Harbinson.

i mean back then we had the stunners, we had the car show people (which was mostly IA but it may have not been your style but you respected it). I never wanted 72 TVs in my honda accord, but i respected the work to build that car.

I think back then if you wanted to do something you went out and did it regardless. Nowadays, the kids, want to do what everyone else is doing. They are so unoriginal. I dont care if you have ROTA wheels, or VOLKS or whatever, but do something DIFFERENT. They dont though, they all have the same cookie cutter cars.

98blackcivic
02-23-2012, 02:24 PM

^^ u dont know how long its been since ive been waiting for someone on IA to come out and agree with me...ive started disliking hooked up cars now because they all ruined it..the kids did... the neighborhood where i live, i got a buncha car friends...they put stickers on windshields, home depot lawn siding for a lip, painting wheels funny colors, drift charms...and the WHOLE RWD DRIFT SCENE...

plus friends on facebook taggng me on picturES OF shitty stanced cars with stretched tires
am reallly tired of it and now keep my cars stock

Vteckidd
02-23-2012, 02:29 PM
e i remember A performance shop telling me in 99 that I would not be able to do a gsr swap into my delsol by myself lol

lol i remember a shop telling me that DC SPORTS make the best headerS ever for my GSR. Then i bought that sick nasty ANR header and people thought i was crazy.....

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/GSR2.jpg

silversol
02-23-2012, 03:18 PM
i wasnt even relevant honestly and not worth mentioning.

Tom and his silver ITR hatch
Blykins
Peter
Bee
Windsor
Alfonso
Ken Black R
Johnzm

Then you had the 240 guys like Quincy and Aaron on here and Brian Harbinson.

i mean back then we had the stunners, we had the car show people (which was mostly IA but it may have not been your style but you respected it). I never wanted 72 TVs in my honda accord, but i respected the work to build that car.

I think back then if you wanted to do something you went out and did it regardless. Nowadays, the kids, want to do what everyone else is doing. They are so unoriginal. I dont care if you have ROTA wheels, or VOLKS or whatever, but do something DIFFERENT. They dont though, they all have the same cookie cutter cars.

Yep and how many of those guys are still around? Not many Blykins Itr hatch was awsome skinny still has his black hatch. Peter and bee I dont think are doing anything car related anymore.

silversol
02-23-2012, 03:19 PM
lol i remember a shop telling me that DC SPORTS make the best headerS ever for my GSR. Then i bought that sick nasty ANR header and people thought i was crazy.....

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/GSR2.jpg

The Only thing hated about a header like that was I loved to keep a/c and p/s.

-EnVus-
02-23-2012, 04:41 PM
lol lets just all be thankful body kits went out i can just imagine the way they would sticker bomb the skit out of them

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 04:44 PM
This thread makes me want to buy a S2000, turbo it, on E-85, put fat ass ET Streets on it and throw my own fecal matter at anybody says "needz moar low" to me.

Nerdsrock22
02-23-2012, 05:06 PM
This thread makes me want to buy a S2000, turbo it, on E-85, put fat ass ET Streets on it and throw my own fecal matter at anybody says "needz moar low" to me.

Speaking of E-85, force-induced S2000's, I've got one coming for you Chad.

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Speaking of E-85, force-induced S2000's, I've got one coming for you Chad.

Coming for me? In what respects my Nikon brethren?

ash7
02-23-2012, 05:49 PM
This thread is full of old men crying about how "back in my day we had it right! These damn kids..."

cut the drama.

If the kids want to trash their cars, let 'em. Just keep yours as an example for them to follow.

*edit*

added this because it was worth repeating:

-jonathan

Nerdsrock22
02-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Coming for me? In what respects my Nikon brethren?

To show you. It's mine to shoot, haha.

It's Anthony's S2K if you've met him. He's doing a LOT of work on it right now.

CHADbee
02-23-2012, 05:58 PM
To show you. It's mine to shoot, haha.

It's Anthony's S2K if you've met him. He's doing a LOT of work on it right now.

Ahhh got ya.....I might have, what color is it? I have always really liked S2k's, even though I don't like what route most people chose to go with them these days. Its the only car that would make me go back to Honda. S2k boosted on E85 and 16x10/16x9 Volks on ET Streets would be so badassss lol waaannntt

silversol
02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
This thread is full of old men crying about how "back in my day we had it right! These damn kids..."

cut the drama.

If the kids want to trash their cars, let 'em. Just keep yours as an example for them to follow.

*edit*

added this because it was worth repeating:

-jonathan

And history repeats it self over and over again, and like always kids fuck up everything!

-EnVus-
02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
And history repeats it self over and over again, and like always kids fuck up everything!
I can see it now the future gen is gonna look back and say "Dad WTF was you all thinking"....

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x442/TheLocalDrunk/images-1.jpg

boosted347
02-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Eh to each their own...i personally hate the stretched tire hellaflush shit, but why bother with shit you have no control over...o well carry on lol

Pazattack86
02-23-2012, 11:39 PM
I HATE when people tell me I'm dumb bc of the way I modded MY car... seriously? I paid for the car, parts, I did the labor myself, etc. I'm rocking XXR's, why? They're $600, they look good, they fit nicely on my car and they're exactly what I wanted. I could go out and buy a set of "real" ccw wheels that will do the SAME thing XXR's will do for 1/4 of the price. They all spin.

Yes I have stretched tires? Is it safe? Not really sometimes. but hey, it's my choice. I'm an inch off the ground, but hey its my choice. I have stickers on my car, not a million but I do have 3-4 stickers because I like what they say.

How I see it is, we're all into CARS. we're all ONE community. whether we're into hondas, nissans, drifting, drag racing, road racing, etc. Form/functional, etc. We pay for our own mods so who cares. If you dislike it, you dislike it.

my worthless post ^

DeeAOne
02-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Love this thread. Seeing the same thing over and over is really getting old. I have been debating selling the 240 just so I won't be associated with poser idiots.

I do like a proper stanced car, but like I said it does get old. I'm ready to see horsepower coming back into play with people doing anything that they feel interior and exterior wise. Even the whole "OEM+" thing makes me laugh sometimes when I see so much money spent on the car to look stock. lol

jonbuice5591
02-24-2012, 12:45 AM
okay im relatively new to the import scene so i have a few questions. wtf is a drift charm? whats canibeat? and when you say stretch there tires i hope you arent saying that as in putting 8" wide tires on a 10" wide wheel. i have seen some "hellaflush" cars that look good on here but i have also seen some terrible ones on here. if the owner of the car likes it thats all that matters. i have learned to respect what other people do even if i dont like it. i was in the minitruckin scene most of my life so i know hardly anything about imports at all wich is why im so confused. so could someone help me out? lol

sorry for being a total NOOB but honestly i only know about hydros and bags and doing a shit load of fabrication. i know nothing about hellaflush, stretched tires. and also wtf does it mean when someone says "it has too much poke"?

silversol
02-24-2012, 12:54 AM
I HATE when people tell me I'm dumb bc of the way I modded MY car... seriously? I paid for the car, parts, I did the labor myself, etc. I'm rocking XXR's, why? They're $600, they look good, they fit nicely on my car and they're exactly what I wanted. I could go out and buy a set of "real" ccw wheels that will do the SAME thing XXR's will do for 1/4 of the price. They all spin.

Yes I have stretched tires? Is it safe? Not really sometimes. but hey, it's my choice. I'm an inch off the ground, but hey its my choice. I have stickers on my car, not a million but I do have 3-4 stickers because I like what they say.

How I see it is, we're all into CARS. we're all ONE community. whether we're into hondas, nissans, drifting, drag racing, road racing, etc. Form/functional, etc. We pay for our own mods so who cares. If you dislike it, you dislike it.

my worthless post ^

Exactly You said it yourself Its not safe! Im all for moded cars and racing in a safe enviroment! Your stupid atempt to look cool with your stupid stretch tires wheels that dont fit and Tires that have less then a inch of tires touching the ground Are fucking dangerious! And no its not just your ass if you crash It could be anyone else that is one the road with you that includes my family and friends that are on the road as well. Becase 9 times out of 10 the person doing something stupid does not get hurt, Its the people they hit that gets killed or seriously injured! I know alot of people that are young dont think ahead and dont have the driving experiance to save a car that goes out of control Although im sure they all think they do! They do not realise they can be held accountable for there actions if they cause a accident from there mods and actions. Just like the guy racing up 85 in his rsx and caused a accident that killed almost a whole family! He is going to be spending the next 40 years in prison becase of his actions!

Nerdsrock22
02-24-2012, 08:52 AM
okay im relatively new to the import scene so i have a few questions. wtf is a drift charm? whats canibeat? and when you say stretch there tires i hope you arent saying that as in putting 8" wide tires on a 10" wide wheel. i have seen some "hellaflush" cars that look good on here but i have also seen some terrible ones on here. if the owner of the car likes it thats all that matters. i have learned to respect what other people do even if i dont like it. i was in the minitruckin scene most of my life so i know hardly anything about imports at all wich is why im so confused. so could someone help me out? lol

sorry for being a total NOOB but honestly i only know about hydros and bags and doing a shit load of fabrication. i know nothing about hellaflush, stretched tires. and also wtf does it mean when someone says "it has too much poke"?

1. A drift charm is something that some car owners hang (a toy, generally) from their rear tow hook. The practice was created by the Japanese shakotan and drift cultures as a way to show off how low their cars were. Drift charms became a bit of a fad 4 to 5 years ago, and continue to linger around today, though it is in no way the "trendy" thing to do.

2. Canibeat is a blog that covers automotive culture. Although we mostly focus on stanced cars, we've also featured hot-rods, rat-rods, circuit cars, drift cars, motorcycles, and Ruckuses. Canibeat was founded in the Northeast, though there are writers and photographers all around the country. I'd suggest you check it out. It's quality stuff.

3. Stretched tires are a major part of the stance scene and stems from the desire to fit oversized width wheels in the fenderwells of cars. This can be anything from a mild stretch (215 on a 8") to the ridiculous (195 on a 10"). Most of the ridiculous stretch stuff is moving out style, as older Honda's (which require the ridiculous stretches) are favoring more conservative wheels fitment (judging from what we're seeing out of California). With wide wheels and aggressive offsets widely available now thanks to companies like Varrstoen and XXR, the goal now is more about wheel rarity, customization, and style than simply width and offset.

4. "Too much poke" is referring to a wheel that sticks too far outside of the fender. Hellaflush is a term "coined" or at least popularized by the blog Hellaflush in Northern California Bay Area.

I'm happy to hear that you can at least respect the stance scene. It's honestly not that far removed from the mini-truck culture that you are used to.

98blackcivic
02-24-2012, 07:39 PM
i thought it was herra frush?

quickdodge®
02-24-2012, 08:31 PM

But....but...what about mine? Later, QD.

JITB
02-24-2012, 10:06 PM
this is what you all do on Ia..... complain about what other people do to their cars.....who cares, do what you do and enjoy it.

Echonova
02-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Total Fad-mobile

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/DSC_0001.jpg

-EnVus-
02-24-2012, 10:43 PM
this is what you all do on Ia..... complain about what other people do to their cars.....who cares, do what you do and enjoy it.
Why should we all have to suffer by seeing these eye sores drive around. I mean some of these cars look like a circus clown owned them.

JITB
02-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Why should we all have to suffer by seeing these eye sores drive around. I mean some of these cars look like a circus clown owned them.

Dont look at them. Whats the point of complaining about how someone else spends their money! All everyone does on here is argue and complain about what the younger folks do with their cars..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JDMDA_1.7
02-25-2012, 02:06 AM
This ^^

-EnVus-
02-25-2012, 02:29 AM
Dont look at them. Whats the point of complaining about how someone else spends their money! All everyone does on here is argue and complain about what the younger folks do with their cars..

Maybe some day they will get the point and stop ruining cars....Wait I forgot its all about that Thupper tight Jdm stuff over at SF forums lol

quickdodge®
02-25-2012, 07:41 AM
this is what you all do on Ia.....

..Wait I forgot its all about that Thupper tight Jdm stuff over at SF forums lol

This doesn't need to revert to a forum "war." Please leave the forums out of it.

That being said, Joseph is completely right. Why bother commenting if you're just going to be negative? Especially in a bashing way. There is a way to be respectfully negative. Like Mike said, earlier, you're now the same "old man" that used to wonder what you were doing to your car when you were younger. It's all generational. Not saying everyone has to like everything, but no need to be disrespectful.

I remember when I got my first car back in 1986 and put some aftermarket hubcaps on it and a stereo in it. Made me feel like I had a whole new car, just about. Later, QD.

miatasaint
02-25-2012, 08:09 AM
No need to bring SF in on this, EnVus....

Anywho...

I like a little stretch in tires, not anything extreme, i.e. 13x10 w/ 195 tires. I personally run a 195-50-15 on a 15x8. I like the way its set up, its my daily, not a fucking racecar. I dont track it.

Wtf is wrong with XXR's..? If you have the money for a set of $2000 wheels, get them. But remember, some dude runs you off the road, have fun spending asswads of money for replacing a cracked rim. Go rock a donut for a month, while you save money for a single new wheel. Meanwhile, if i was run off a road by some overcompensating asshole in an F350 turbo diesel, my single XXR/Rota/etc that cracks is $150. Aint no show car thang.

The rest i pretty much agree with. I have stickers though, nothing insane crazy though.

.02, thats all, no one get butthurt because someone has a slight disagreement with your opinion. lol

Scotsman
02-25-2012, 09:36 AM
this is what you all do on Ia..... complain about what other people do to their cars.....who cares, do what you do and enjoy it.on point with this post!

-EnVus-
02-25-2012, 03:03 PM
How do you enjoy putting stickers all over a car or hanging a childs toy off your toe hook :thinking:

MR2DR
02-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Honestly, here's what I think the import scene is like:

http://weedannyfreeman.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/sneetches28129.jpg?w=400&h=312

Echonova
02-25-2012, 05:38 PM
^^^ Lotta truth in that statement.

Elbow
02-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Total Fad-mobile

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/DSC_0001.jpg

BS I can't stick my cell phone in your wheel lip for a picture.

JITB
02-25-2012, 06:03 PM
How do you enjoy putting stickers all over a car or hanging a childs toy off your toe hook :thinking:

When u see a person with that done ask them im sure they will tell you.

-EnVus-
02-25-2012, 06:06 PM
When u see a person with that done ask them im sure they will tell you.

I actually ask a kid with a 240 why he had a charm hanging from his exhaust....He replied by asking did i know what a thing called "Drifting" was ?
I played stupid just for kicks and said no never heard of it. He then says "Its a thing us Drifters do"

Echonova
02-25-2012, 06:15 PM
BS I can't stick my cell phone in your wheel lip for a picture.Those wheels... No.

How about a toy Takume Fujiwara 86 though!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Dope-boy fad status on the real tip keeping it real for the 99 and the 2,000!!!!!!!!!

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/Miata43011004.jpg
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/Miata43011002.jpg

-EnVus-
02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
^ Is that the rolla i saw you sitting in the driveway playing with yesterday ?

Those wheels could have been badass on the correct car but i like the mesh better on red go kart

Echonova
02-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Those wheels were for when I was playing around with the idea of flares... BBS's are +25

Tried -20 to -30-ish... Not quite enough.
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/025.jpg
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/023.jpg

Then I tried -63...
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/Miata43011001.jpg

And those would have been great, had I'd been able to bring myself to cut perfectly good fenders. But I couldn't

-EnVus-
02-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Damn those would have rode the road lines like a trailer does lol

alpine_aw11
02-26-2012, 04:10 PM
All of you say all the cars in the "scene" are the all same today......what off the wall crazy shit did you used to do to stand out? just curious. Even back in the NOPI days the formula was still the same, make your car fucking obnoxious. Trends come in cycles, all of you have probably had a car with trendy mods at one point. I'm by no means supporting this hellaflush nonsense but there are a lot of nice cars still being built. And making fun of how people dress? Give me one good reason why caring about another man's clothes isn't the most homoerotic shit you could ever do.

Elbow
02-27-2012, 08:26 AM
All of you say all the cars in the "scene" are the all same today......what off the wall crazy shit did you used to do to stand out? just curious. Even back in the NOPI days the formula was still the same, make your car fucking obnoxious. Trends come in cycles, all of you have probably had a car with trendy mods at one point. I'm by no means supporting this hellaflush nonsense but there are a lot of nice cars still being built. And making fun of how people dress? Give me one good reason why caring about another man's clothes isn't the most homoerotic shit you could ever do.

Because there is something disturbing in my mind when I see a guy with pants so tight it can only mean he doesn't have male genitalia. Your business is your business but don't flash your lack of meat balls to the World.

I'm pretty sure there are more homo things someone could do than say a guy has bad taste in clothing. I can name a few if you'd like.