PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Anyone know how i can get a title or how to register a rhd Honda

EL-CANGRI
02-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Like the title states im wondering how can i legally register a real rhd honda lmk thanks ....

CHRISej1X-X
02-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Find a same year and model car thats recently totaled through a auction and swap vin plates to your car..

CHRISej1X-X
02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
It will be a rebuilt title but nobody knows the difference between a stock and ''swapped'' right side drive when it shows stock on the vin..

David88vert
02-23-2012, 05:39 AM
Find a same year and model car thats recently totaled through a auction and swap vin plates to your car..

That is a Federal offense. Don't get caught doing that.

David88vert
02-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Like the title states im wondering how can i legally register a real rhd honda lmk thanks ....

If the car was imported and previously registered (possibly brought in by a military tranfer as a personal car), then all you have to do is go down and register normally. If it was not legally imported for use on the street, then your options are very limited. It is likely that you wouldn't be able to register it in GA, and would have to get it registered in another, easier state first. A couple of other states have let people register them as kit cars, but forget about keeping the same value as having it registered as a Honda.

01CDMLUDER
02-28-2012, 12:27 AM
You cannot legally drive a real rhd Honda unless it is 25 years or older and considered a classic.. There are ways to get it registered by the state but it's illegal federally. The windshields, headlights and crush points are different and aren't DOT approved

The only way to drive a real dc5 type R on the street would be to import it as a mail car and use it only as a mail car...

You can always get one as a track only car and have it for show too.. You could let someone pull it in a trailer while you sit in the car and act like you're driving

Drummerboy
02-28-2012, 04:06 AM
You can always get one as a track only car and have it for show too.. You could let someone pull it in a trailer while you sit in the car and act like you're driving

damn... hahahaha.

Elbow
02-28-2012, 09:09 AM

Genius idea...

.blank cd
02-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Genius idea...

But that's how you do it though. My buddy had a vin swapped JDM DC2 R For years, passed emissions legally every year. If you do it the right way, you'll never get caught.

Elbow
02-28-2012, 10:33 AM
But that's how you do it though. My buddy had a vin swapped JDM DC2 R For years, passed emissions legally every year. If you do it the right way, you'll never get caught.

Yeah but if for some reason you DID, screw that, it's not worth the risk for a Honda.