PDA

View Full Version : someone w/ an h22 and p13 please help!!!

dartingd
04-04-2005, 11:57 AM
if anyone can, will you please meet up w/ me somewhere and let me plug ur p13 into my h22a to see if my ecu is bad? i'm not throwing a code, but vtec isn't engaging and i've checked most of the things to fix it, and all are clear...any help w/ this will be much appreciated!!!!

RutRoe
04-04-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm not insulting your intelligence... but check your oil level too.

I forgot once and mine was a little low and vtec wont kick in unless it has teh right amount of oil for oil pressure...

If everything else is fine I'd guess it was the Vtec solenoid before it was the ecu.

Good luck man.,

3gLudeH22a
04-04-2005, 12:34 PM
if anyone can, will you please meet up w/ me somewhere and let me plug ur p13 into my h22a to see if my ecu is bad? i'm not throwing a code, but vtec isn't engaging and i've checked most of the things to fix it, and all are clear...any help w/ this will be much appreciated!!!!

Is your VSS hooked up/working properly?

Somtimes the little oil filter screen thats on the vtec solenoid or pressure switch gets dirty.

Is your TPS working properly? When you get on it does it seem like you just hit fuel cut?

What have you checked so far?

B16a2 Civic
04-04-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not insulting your intelligence... but check your oil level too.

I forgot once and mine was a little low and vtec wont kick in unless it has teh right amount of oil for oil pressure...

If everything else is fine I'd guess it was the Vtec solenoid before it was the ecu.

Good luck man.,

now that you mention somethin like that ( dont mean to hijack the thread) but if your oil pressure is low and oil is low....like does that cause you have problems with engaging in first gear....cause my car felt like it was strugglin...you kno like when you shift and you rrpm is too low....i dont know whats up with that...never happened before and it doesn't always happen

dartingd
04-04-2005, 02:00 PM
just did the swap, so i know oil isn't low, but i'll check it again to make sure...check solenoid, and the screen looked new almost...haven't checked the tps yet...the car doesn't like cranking in the morning, or when i get off work, and runs rich bad...i'm only gettin like 14mpg right now...i'd have it looked at, but i've already spent like 4200 on this swap total, so i'm flat broke...

Sledlude
04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
i had this same problem too with my h22... it was throwing an oil pressure valve code or some shit like that i dont remember exactly.. but it turned out not to be the ecu.. the vtec would not engage and the check engine light would come on if i revved too high before the engine was warmed up

dartingd
04-04-2005, 06:17 PM
no check engine light here tho....