PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Rhys

Elbow
02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
What's with the potty mouth language?

Vteckidd
02-14-2012, 09:48 AM
he doesnt know any better. he probably lives in college park.

teh bri
02-14-2012, 09:50 AM
I was about to ask the same thing....

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 09:52 AM
i really dont know whats up with my language... im just using my sentence enhancers!!!! and no i FUCKING HATE the city

Elbow
02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
i really dont know whats up with my language... im just using my sentence enhancers!!!! and no i FUCKING HATE the city

Oh, that makes tons of sense.

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
im happy i could clear that up for you:)

Elbow
02-14-2012, 09:58 AM
im happy i could clear that up for you:)

No go clear up your logic everywhere else, specifically the one where we're out of gas because you didn't finish your cereal.

How old are you just out of curiosity?

.blank cd
02-14-2012, 10:09 AM
No go clear up your logic everywhere else, specifically the one where we're out of gas because you didn't finish your cereal.

BWAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

ILU Rhys

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 10:18 AM

How old are you just out of curiosity?
you have no sence of humor do you???? or you got to much cash up your ass and its blocking your funny gland..... ITS A FUCKING JOKE.... AND IM 43 480 POUNDS I LIVE IN THE BASEMENT AND MASTERBATE ALL DAY..... AND I L U BLANK CD NOT YOU SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elbow
02-14-2012, 10:22 AM
you have no sence of humor do you???? or you got to much cash up your ass and its blocking your funny gland..... ITS A FUCKING JOKE.... AND IM 43 480 POUNDS I LIVE IN THE BASEMENT AND MASTERBATE ALL DAY..... AND I L U BLANK CD NOT YOU SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a sense of humor, I just don't find the majority of your jokes funny. Although I can't understand what you're even saying half the time so...

I wish I had cash up my ass.

Prime.
02-14-2012, 10:24 AM
"Occupation: cleaning"

Says a lot.

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 10:24 AM
IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE YOU DO ALL MY FRIENDS THINK IM PERTTY FUCKING FUNNY I GUESS ITS JUST A SOCIAL CLASS THING... ME BEING NORMAL AVERAGE AMERICAN
YOU= MAJOR D-BAG LOL

Elbow
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE YOU DO ALL MY FRIENDS THINK IM PERTTY FUCKING FUNNY I GUESS ITS JUST A SOCIAL CLASS THING... ME BEING NORMAL AVERAGE AMERICAN
YOU= MAJOR D-BAG LOL

I'm going to take that as a compliment.

Prime.
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Is English your first language? I'm just curious.

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 10:29 AM
NO IM FROM AFRICA I ALSO SPEEK CLICK CLOCK

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 11:00 AM
OH AND BY THE WAY IM 20 IN COLLEGE AND I HAVE MY OWN HOUSE..... WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOIN AT 20????? MOM AND DADS HOUSE?

Prime.
02-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Who are you referring to?

Elbow
02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
OH AND BY THE WAY IM 20 IN COLLEGE AND I HAVE MY OWN HOUSE..... WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOIN AT 20????? MOM AND DADS HOUSE?

Public housing is not your own house.

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
NEVER BEEN AROUND THEIR SIMON... IM TALKING ABOUT MY 3 STORY 2 CAR GARAGE 5 BEDROOM HOUSE.... AT 20... AND IM NOT TALKING TO YOU PRIME...

Bacon
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
NO IM FROM AFRICA I ALSO SPEEK CLICK CLOCK

Not gonna lie. I lol'd.

Elbow
02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
NEVER BEEN AROUND THEIR SIMON... IM TALKING ABOUT MY 3 STORY 2 CAR GARAGE 5 BEDROOM HOUSE.... AT 20... AND IM NOT TALKING TO YOU PRIME...

Well this Simon is far better than theirs.

silversol
02-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Its funny when people talk about how much money they make or what they have. But yet drive a ef civic! I dont take anybody serious that drives a ef civic!

.blank cd
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Its funny when people talk about how much money they make or what they have. But yet drive a ef civic! I dont take anybody serious that drives a ef civic!

Because what you drive directly correlates to your intelligence level and your income level.

Cool story bro.

silversol
02-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Because what you drive directly correlates to your intelligence level and your income level.

Cool story bro.

Yep nothing says collage graduate and CEO material like driving your primered Ef civic to your job interview!

.blank cd
02-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Yep nothing says collage graduate and CEO material like driving your primered Ef civic to your job interview!

Funny thing, because I couldn't take seriously someone who made a statement like this

Guess by your logic, I should start asking what car you drive on applications and only hiring people who drive Ferraris. Am I in the ballpark here? Lol. I'm glad that's not the way it works in reality.

ZOSICK
02-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Public housing is not your own house.

Oh damn lmao..

People got jokes today lol

Sammich
02-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Cool story bro.

agreed...i now drive a 90 integra, by choice. will i get something else, yea, but yea...everyone has a reason behind driving what they drive, or dont drive

Funny thing, because I couldn't take seriously someone who made a statement like this

Guess by your logic, I should start asking what car you drive on applications and only hiring people who drive Ferraris. Am I in the ballpark here? Lol. I'm glad that's not the way it works in reality.

this

alpine_aw11
02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
I've had some very nice cars for my age but I'm driving a stock 98 neon right now so I can save money through summer. I dont give a fuck what anyone says. If you think your car is a status symbol, you're probably going to smoke some pole in the near future.

silversol
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Would you feel safe in trusting your financial advisors advice when you know its his beat up piece of shit 20+ years old civic in the parking lot? Would you take your attorney serious when he shows in the same civic?

.blank cd
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM
agreed...i now drive a 90 integra, by choice. will i get something else, yea, but yea...everyone has a reason behind driving what they drive, or dont driveYou're fired cause you sold Vanna White bro. Pack yo shit you non-rich DA drivin bastard

.blank cd
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Would you feel safe in trusting your financial advisors advice when you know its his beat up piece of shit 20+ years old civic in the parking lot? Would you take your attorney serious when he shows in the same civic?

Actually yes. My attorney actually does drive an older civic. And yes, I would trust a financial advisor and an attorney if they were so qualified to do their job. A financial advisor would probably be smart enough not to drive a brand new car as a matter of fact, because buying brand new is not a financially sound investment.

silversol
02-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Actually yes. My attorney actually does drive an older civic. And yes, I would trust a financial advisor and an attorney if they were so qualified to do their job. A financial advisor would probably be smart enough not to drive a brand new car as a matter of fact, because buying brand new is not a financially sound investment.

Never said brand new. And a financially sound investment is not a 500$ civic like a ef.

Elbow
02-14-2012, 02:45 PM
I can see in some cases someone seeing someones car and basing opinions based on that. We all do it frequently I'm sure, it's just like how you dress. If I see you walking down the road in baggy pants and a wife beater, I'm going to assume you're nobody. People that dress cleanly and present themselves respectively get respect, I can see people using similar judgements based on the car someone is driving.

It's not always true, but if a lawyer did show up in a primered Civic hatch with a fart can I don't think I'd use him. Would you trust a doctor who pulled up in a rusted out Caprice?

Those are just my views. lol

Sammich
02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
You're fired cause you sold Vanna White bro. Pack yo shit you non-rich DA drivin bastard

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA when the coilovers sold, the entire Vanna White saga was over man

the man w/ the brand new lambo outside could fuk your taxes upside down but the man w/ the 45 year old civic could get your shit right and fixed from teh lambo driver....car means nothing to me. i judge people by their character, real shit

silversol
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I've had some very nice cars for my age but I'm driving a stock 98 neon right now so I can save money through summer. I dont give a fuck what anyone says. If you think your car is a status symbol, you're probably going to smoke some pole in the near future.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with that! I have had several nice new cars in my day Im driving a civic now that im back in collage and really dont care about a "nice" car. I still have my classic restored mustang. But dont try to play big bank little bank and talk about your huge house ect ect and how succesful you are when you drive a 500$ car

silversol
02-14-2012, 02:54 PM
I can see in some cases someone seeing someones car and basing opinions based on that. We all do it frequently I'm sure, it's just like how you dress. If I see you walking down the road in baggy pants and a wife beater, I'm going to assume you're nobody. People that dress cleanly and present themselves respectively get respect, I can see people using similar judgements based on the car someone is driving.

It's not always true, but if a lawyer did show up in a primered Civic hatch with a fart can I don't think I'd use him. Would you trust a doctor who pulled up in a rusted out Caprice?

Those are just my views. lol

Exactly!

Sammich
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
you just compared someone's ability to perform their job to their vehicle......seems like you're now trying ot back track

alpine_aw11
02-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Im not saying there is anything wrong with that! I have had several nice new cars in my day Im driving a civic now that im back in collage and really dont care about a "nice" car. I still have my classic restored mustang. But dont try to play big bank little bank and talk about your huge house ect ect and how succesful you are when you drive a 500$ car

I certainly see your point. I mean I know people who drive an awesome car and live in a cheap apartment, everyone has different priorities. As long as your finances are in good order it doesn't really matter.

silversol
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
you just compared someone's ability to perform their job to their vehicle......seems like you're now trying ot back track

Your missing my point!

.blank cd
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Those are just my views. lolDo you know what your doctor drives?

Maybe he likes EF civics? Judging someone by what they drive is pretty short sighted

.blank cd
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Your missing my point!

We know your point, but you're backtracking

silversol
02-14-2012, 03:05 PM
We know your point, but you're backtracking

Not backtracking at all but when someone gloats about there sucess like rhys did. If your doing so well why are you driving a 500$ civic? Are you sucessful? or just talking out your ass?

Elbow
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Do you know what your doctor drives?

Maybe he likes EF civics? Judging someone by what they drive is pretty short sighted

Yeah I do, an Acura Legend.

I'm not saying if he drove an EF Civic he wouldn't be good, that wouldn't even bother me. I'm saying if he drove an EF Civic with a fart can, or a primered paint job, or it was clearly not taken care of, then it would bother me. For the most part a vehicle does represent you in a way, I know it sounds stupid but do you really think ol' Bobby with the ratty pickup and 50lbs of junk on the dash goes home to a high end home every night? Doubtful. I won't turn my nose up and say I'm better than you, I'm just saying, we live in a world of judgmental people and stereotypes, I think it's a good thing to act accordingly.

Sammich
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Do you know what your doctor drives?

i love my integra...it'll probably die in my possession v.accident

STRteg
02-14-2012, 04:09 PM
IF I was a millionaire I would go out of my way to drive the biggest pos i could find as my dd. If you have to ask why..... then you are one of the people that win the lottery walk away with 30+ mil and end up broke in 6 months

Elbow
02-14-2012, 04:10 PM
IF I was a millionaire I would go out of my way to drive the biggest pos i could find as my dd. If you have to ask why..... then you are one of the people that win the lottery walk away with 30+ mil and end up broke in 6 months

Not true. lol

STRteg
02-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Not true. lol

Oh trust me it's 100% true I'm not sayin I wouldn't have a Bugatti parked in my garage but DD definitely the biggest piece of shit you would ever see with everything brand new under the hood

Profiling purposes :ninja: all day everyday

.blank cd
02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
We definitely do live in a world of judgmental people, and it's pretty sad. I used to run a gas station in a pretty affluent part of town in Acworth. A really cool guy, his name was Bob, used to come get a bagel and a coffee every day at 7:30 on the nose. Every day for years. He drove a piece of shit caprice. One day he asks me to come take some pictures for him for a website he was making over at his house. The guy lives in a multi-million dollar home, in his garage were 2 350Zs, a Fully restored pace car Corvette, 2 Mercedes SL500s one late 90s and one late 2000s, and in a separate garage was one of the first C6 ZO6 Corvettes to come to GA, he was on the waiting list since it was announced.

You CANNOT judge a book by its cover.

STRteg
02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
We definitely do live in a world of judgmental people, and it's pretty sad. I used to run a gas station in a pretty affluent part of town in Acworth. A really cool guy, his name was Bob, used to come get a bagel and a coffee every day at 7:30 on the nose. Every day for years. He drove a piece of shit caprice. One day he asks me to come take some pictures for him for a website he was making over at his house. The guy lives in a multi-million dollar home, in his garage were 2 350Zs, a Fully restored pace car Corvette, 2 Mercedes SL500s one late 90s and one late 2000s, and in a separate garage was one of the first C6 ZO6 Corvettes to come to GA, he was on the waiting list since it was announced.

This is it right here

silversol
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM

You totally missed my point. My old land lord was a millionare many times over, and drove a 10 year old pick up. BUT had several nice cars and a very nice house! He never braged or gloated about his wealth! My point is if your going to talk about how well off you and all you have done by the age of 20 and your only car is a ef civic Im not going to take you seriously.

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 05:11 PM
i drive an ef cause i like them... past three cars were ef civics... im not trying to brag... im saying some people get to walk through life pretty easy, i work my ass of everyday so i can stay in college and live where i do... take me seriously???? you think i care??? listen to how ignorant you sound... this made me laugh silversol... i have had 8 cars registered in my name since i was 16... im bragging that im 20 i own a car i have no debt im in school and i have a life broski...

ZOSICK
02-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Ive been reading this today and its made me laugh on some of your post...

Ill put my 2cents in ... I will say this (for my haters) i've worked for everything i have since i was on my own at 16 and have been in a place where ive had hardly anything and drove shitty vehicals, but i kept upgrading as i aged and as work increased..

I think If someone is in the people buisness and middle aged (lawyer,tuner,selling houses, etc) they dont need to be driving a non painted, fart caned, riced out civic.. something is deff wrong!!! i would never do buisness or take them serious!!! A 2012 stock civic is a diff story...

However i do drive my 2000 3500 gmc truck daily to pull my 5th wheel trailer and seriosly guys it looks like shit... but then i go home to the c6, tb ss, rzr s in the garage at my house in the Brookstone Golf Country club community ... so i know u cant judge a book by its cover and i never run around bragging... just talk alot of racing shit...

My point is ive had a civic for a year when i had my first child and id still never go back to a 4banger if i was super rich much less buy one now.....

im bragging that im 20 i own a car i have no debt im in school and i have a life broski...

well when the avg honda is 5k that a super big accomplishment you have there...:lmfao:

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
what are hondas good for... good gas... would kinda be sensible to own a honda if you drive alot... and who cares what its worth honestly.. if i had someone come and do an estimate on my house and pulled up in a stupid ass lifted truck id rather use someone else... its rediculous to drive a big truck for no reason.... you have to drive a big truck for work i drive tow trucks and get car wrecks all night...

silversol
02-14-2012, 05:31 PM
what are hondas good for... good gas... would kinda be sensible to own a honda if you drive alot... and who cares what its worth honestly.. if i had someone come and do an estimate on my house and pulled up in a stupid ass lifted truck id rather use someone else... its rediculous to drive a big truck for no reason.... you have to drive a big truck for work i drive tow trucks and get car wrecks all night...

you have a cdl to drive a tow truck and are employed by a towing company at age 20? Ill bet there insurance is through the roof!

silversol
02-14-2012, 05:33 PM
i drive an ef cause i like them... past three cars were ef civics... im not trying to brag... im saying some people get to walk through life pretty easy, i work my ass of everyday so i can stay in college and live where i do... take me seriously???? you think i care??? listen to how ignorant you sound... this made me laugh silversol... i have had 8 cars registered in my name since i was 16... im bragging that im 20 i own a car i have no debt im in school and i have a life broski...

While you might have had 8 cars, at age 16 to 17 you cant leagaly title a vehicle untill the age of 18 in georgia.

ZOSICK
02-14-2012, 05:41 PM
if i had someone come and do an estimate on my house and pulled up in a stupid ass lifted truck id rather use someone else... its rediculous to drive a big truck for no reason.... you have to drive a big truck for work i drive tow trucks and get car wrecks all night...

This shows your are 100% worthless of my post and arguing with but ill tell you this you deff must be retard... see my truck is a single cab and 100% bone stock with tiny 16' wheels/tires and gets 24mpg...not big at all, the 3500 equals being able to pull more weight as you should know... but if someone pulled up to my house in a newer style lifted up truck and in contruction i wouldnt think twice about doing buisness, but if driving a 1990 f150 loud as hell then no!!

and who cares what its worth honestly..

since you said "you" were braging about what you have at 20 id say it matters alot if the car is worthless.... i guess your small dumbass college brain tells your mouth to talk before it needs to !!!

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 05:41 PM
ok 6 cars in my name...and the first two in my name but my money.. and not really with a clean driving record and all the classes i took.... millitary school and im part time because of school.... and to drive a roll back you just need a basic licence.... i have a class A

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2012, 05:45 PM

I do have to side with .blank on this. And this is from a personal experience level. Just like cars are not a measuring tool for women, they are not a measuring tool for success. I was literally raised in an environment such as this. Later, QD.

Rhys.
02-14-2012, 06:14 PM
thats cool about your truck getting 26b mpg thats fucking brilliant old chap im talkin bout trucks with 38s and stupid ass dumb loud pipes thaats the shit i hate

STRteg
02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't care if an attorney or a financial specialist pulled up at my house on a damn skateboard, as long as they have the credentials and experience and documents with them to prove it idgaf, some people are so blinded by image it really shows the idiocy in our society.

Elbow
02-14-2012, 06:33 PM

What college do you go to and how did you skip English and literature classes?

-EnVus-
02-14-2012, 06:36 PM
ok 6 cars in my name...and the first two in my name but my money.. and not really with a clean driving record and all the classes i took.... millitary school and im part time because of school.... and to drive a roll back you just need a basic licence.... i have a class A

http://i40.tinypic.com/i3ayja.jpg

Elbow
02-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Oh and for the record, although this isn't even high compared to many others here, I've owned 18 cars since I was 14. Not trying to brag, but I'm a bad ass that's pretty debt free and works to stay in school and everything.

I also cause a gas shortage when I don't finish my cereal.

Echonova
02-14-2012, 07:12 PM
and to drive a roll back you just need a basic licence.... i have a class AFYI: In case you didn't know (I'm sure you did), you have to return to the DMV when you turn 21 to have the Georgia-only restriction lifted if you ever decide to do OTR driving. Never a bad thing to have.

ZOSICK
02-14-2012, 07:21 PM
FYI: In case you didn't know (I'm sure you did), you have to return to the DMV when you turn 21 to have the Georgia-only restriction lifted if you ever decide to do OTR driving. Never a bad thing to have.

Also he can buy his first beer :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Julio
02-14-2012, 08:51 PM
The Human brain is weird.... Lol..

I have a CRV and Cavalier... People don't look when I drive those. When I drive the Vette, people look and wave... May only be looking because is a nice looking car, however people look.

Just like we all do..I turn my head when I see a nice vehicle.. But I never say, I wonder what that person does for a living..I just see a nice ride.

Say what you want.. We all want nice things in life.. That's why we all work hard. But keep in mind, what's nice to you may not be nice to someone else.

Cars, houses, clothes, shoes, watches, purses, wigs, gold, silver, boats, jets and the list goes on and on.

As you grow older, priorities change and of course, taste does as well...

In my opinion from what I have witness with my own eyes... Most people who brag or talk about what they have or how much $$$ they make about 70% is not true.. And folks who make good money and have nice things, don't really talk about it directly. Is usually the younger crowd who exaggerates. I used to brag when I was making 40 to 50k a year and blow money left and right. When I think of that, I just laugh now... So silly.

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Most people who brag or talk about what they have or how much $$$ they make about 70% is not true.. And folks who make good money and have nice things, don't really talk about it directly.

True words, Julio. It's why I don't too much mention family finances. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
02-14-2012, 09:02 PM
It's why I don't too much mention family finances. Later, QD.
Engrish much

Bacon
02-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Engrish much

Made sense to me :dunno:

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Engrish much

Yes I do, thanks. Why? Later, QD.

-EnVus-
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Yes I do, thanks. Why? Later, QD.
Just the wording thats all...."Don't to much mention" really got me :)

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Just the wording thats all...."Don't to much mention" really got me :)

Guess it could be said that I was speaking in "uppity" speak, lolol. But it is correct English wording. I was flexing my educational prowess. Later, QD.

Rhys.
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
FYI: In case you didn't know (I'm sure you did), you have to return to the DMV when you turn 21 to have the Georgia-only restriction lifted if you ever decide to do OTR driving. Never a bad thing to have.

yeah im def planning on doin that when i turn 21 and def buying a bear lol only 300 sum days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elbow
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
yeah im def planning on doin that when i turn 21 and def buying a bear lol only 300 sum days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to be 21 to buy a bear? Why would you even want one?

Sammich
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
x2^

Echonova
02-15-2012, 01:01 PM
RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRR

Bacon
02-15-2012, 01:04 PM
You have to be 21 to buy a bear? Why would you even want one?

They could be useful. Sorta like a trunk monkey but with PMS.

Echonova
02-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Indeed.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk105/engineerkimo/kimo1.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk105/engineerkimo/kimo-4.jpg

.blank cd
02-15-2012, 01:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/b8246f04-0a96-6e65.jpg

Vteckidd
02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Warren Buffet drives like a 95 camry LOL

But , there is some truth to perception by what you drive. You roll up in a stock 90 integra, it just says "ehh he likes good gas mileage". you roll up in a primered flat black EF with a fart can, its says "immature"

Vteckidd
02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
correction, apparently its a Lincoln Towncar, the only car hes bought in 10 years

http://webreprints.djreprints.com/images/882011413375P1-AA871_BUFFET111132003212642.jpg

tag says THRIFTY

Brett
02-15-2012, 02:36 PM

DUDE, YOU CANT SPELL WORTH A SHIT!! SENSE, NOT SENCE!! IN SEVERAL OF YOUR POSTS YOU SPELL LIKE A FUCKING DUMB ASS!!! JUST SAYING.

Elbow
02-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Warren Buffet drives like a 95 camry LOL

But , there is some truth to perception by what you drive. You roll up in a stock 90 integra, it just says "ehh he likes good gas mileage". you roll up in a primered flat black EF with a fart can, its says "immature"

Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say. lol

green91
02-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Theres definitely some truth to people being judgemental. I DD a 98 Civic every day bc i drive 75 miles/day. But bc its lowered and has an exhaust people definitely look at me like im a kid lol. But when i drive the truck people dont act that way. That being said, i dont have primered out piece of shit and i do own my own house, as i have since i was 21.

silversol
02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
correction, apparently its a Lincoln Towncar, the only car hes bought in 10 years

http://webreprints.djreprints.com/images/882011413375P1-AA871_BUFFET111132003212642.jpg

tag says THRIFTY

He looks like every other old guy. Doesnt he live in newyork? considering 90% of the people that live in manhatten dont own a car he probably pays more than most people do a month on all the car expenses payments/insurance just to park that 10 year old town car in manhatten!

silversol
02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Also if your warren buffett who needs a car when im sure there is a limo and a driver to take you anywhere you need to go?

Dylan
02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Also if your warren buffett who needs a car when im sure there is a limo and a driver to take you anywhere you need to go?

Fuck a limo, he has planes!

isa2o3
02-16-2012, 07:50 PM

Cool story bro.

There is a positive correlation between the value of cars and people's level of income. The instances you have listed above are outliers. While there are people like Warren Buffet, there are even more (a lot more) people like P daddy or Trump who drive Ferraris - positive correlation. You are being inductive

In this sense, I see silversol's point. It is completely valid. Is it not?

I believe there is a correlation between IQ and Income level as well. But I am sure how strong that correlation is. I could see this both ways. Naturally, one would think a smarter should make more money due to better jobs or smarter investments. On the other hand, there are people who are intelligent, but don't apply themselves or are satisfied with less or etc.

quickdodgeŽ
02-16-2012, 07:57 PM
While there are people like Warren Buffet, there are even more (a lot more) people like P daddy or Trump who drive Ferraris - positive correlation.

How do you know there are more? There could be a lot of folks (who aren't "on the map") that are well off and drive average or less-than-average cars. As stated above, I'm proof of this. Later, QD.

isa2o3
02-16-2012, 08:11 PM
How do you know there are more? There could be a lot of folks (who aren't "on the map") that are well off and drive average or less-than-average cars. As stated above, I'm proof of this. Later, QD.

It common logic, isnt it? Are there more Ferraris produced than Toyota's? Why not? Less people that can afford Ferrari's right? Again positive correlation

RandomGuy
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
There is a positive correlation between the value of cars and people's level of income. The instances you have listed above are outliers. While there are people like Warren Buffet, there are even more (a lot more) people like P daddy or Trump who drive Ferraris - positive correlation. You are being inductive

In this sense, I see silversol's point. It is completely valid. Is it not?

I believe there is a correlation between IQ and Income level as well. But I am sure how strong that correlation is. I could see this both ways. Naturally, one would think a smarter should make more money due to better jobs or smarter investments. On the other hand, there are people who are intelligent, but don't apply themselves or are satisfied with less or etc.
I think value is subjective,

If you're talking strictly numerical price, then I'm sure those with bank obviously are more able to have cars which require more bank.

But which car would be more valuable TO YOU?
A brand new Nissan GTR with all of the fixins <$100k
Or a one of a kind, built it yourself in stages, similarly performing car (it's a stretch, but let's say you have 50k in the build including the car)

Which car has a higher value? - There's more than just numbers, sir

isa2o3
02-16-2012, 08:24 PM
I think value is subjective,

If you're talking strictly numerical price, then I'm sure those with bank obviously are more able to have cars which require more bank.

But which car would be more valuable TO YOU?
A brand new Nissan GTR with all of the fixins <$100k
Or a one of a kind, built it yourself in stages similarly performing car (it's a stretch, but let's say you have 50k in the build including the car)

Which car has a higher value? - There's more than just numbers, sir

Yes, it is subjective. And yes, I am strictly referring to numeric value because it is relevant to this discussion. We are not discussing what do you value more, numeric value or the value you have stated above, what a car is worth to YOU. The discussion is whether a persons car can be an indicator of his/her wealth. I am think it is valid to say it can be.

quickdodgeŽ
02-16-2012, 08:26 PM
It common logic, isnt it? Are there more Ferraris produced than Toyota's? Why not? Less people that can afford Ferrari's right? Again positive correlation

That still shows nothing. There are probably thousands upon thousands of people who can afford high end cars (Ferrari as your example) that choose not to. Why? Maybe they are a practical people. Maybe they have that kind of money because they DON'T spend it on frivolous items. They choose a Toyota Camry because they aren't about being showy. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
02-16-2012, 08:27 PM
The discussion is whether a persons car can be an indicator of his/her wealth.

You'd be more right if the car was a high end car (Ferrari, Lambo, etc.). That would more than likely indicate wealth. But not the other way around. Looking at an owner of a Toyota or Honda is not (not all the time). Later, QD.

silversol
02-16-2012, 08:49 PM
I was breaking it down to a professionalism point. Just like you would not hire someone that looks like shit!

Who would you hire to be your stock broker?

these guys?
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/OneGreater/Stockbrokerspic.jpg

or these guys?
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/SURENO__X3/C.jpg

And your running a fortune 500 company and every one in the office makes over a 100k a year and have a image of your company to up hold! what do you want your parking lot to look like? Reminding you that the parking lot can be the first impression of your company.

want it to look like this?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/dekam/California%20Trip/357.jpg

or like this?
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/MrD9/Car.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc57/singlesecondef/firstdaybought.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
02-16-2012, 08:59 PM
I was breaking it down to a professionalism point. Just like you would not hire someone that looks like shit!

these guys?

or these guys?

And your running a fortune 500 company and every one in the office makes over a 100k a year and have a image of your company to up hold! what do you want your parking lot to look like? Reminding you that the parking lot can be the first impression of your company.

or like this?

Quite a bit of exaggeration , don't you think? You couldn't find a better comparison set up than that? You're posting to your advantage instead the debate. Later, QD.

RandomGuy
02-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Yes, it is subjective. And yes, I am strictly referring to numeric value because it is relevant to this discussion. We are not discussing what do you value more, numeric value or the value you have stated above, what a car is worth to YOU.
Didn't really read the thread before jumping in, but why care about sizing up others?

The discussion is whether a persons car can be an indicator of his/her wealth. I am think it is valid to say it can be.
An expensive car isn't an indicator of wealth, it CAN be an indicator of wealth.

Tons of rich ppl who live super-modestly vs outliers in badass cars (borrowed, rented, gifted, stupidly financed, rich parents.. the list goes on)

I think it's an arguably weak indicator of wealth, but without a doubt unreliable indicator of wealth.

But at the end of the day, he did mention someone pulling up to a job interview in a clunker. Will this/should this be an indicator of this person's competency? Ideally- no, realistically probably will be used in judgement- given the person can't show real value on their own.

isa2o3
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
You'd be more right if the car was a high end car (Ferrari, Lambo, etc.). That would more than likely indicate wealth. But not the other way around. Looking at an owner of a Toyota or Honda is not (not all the time). Later, QD.

I dont think you got my point. What I am saying is the cost of cars and the level of income are complementary factors.

quickdodgeŽ
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I dont think you got my point. What I am saying is the cost of cars and the level of income are complementary factors.

That's kind of a given, yes? Later, QD.

RandomGuy
02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
the cost of cars and the level of income are complementary factors.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110412235025/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/1/15/Capt._Obvious.jpg/180px-Capt._Obvious.jpg

Dylan
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM
I see plenty of lower class people that receive government aid driving brand new nice vehicles. They look like they have plenty of money but don't. Rich people could do the same in an opposite manner, it's just less likely to be done. Most people that work hard for their fortune want to flaunt it.

isa2o3
02-16-2012, 09:19 PM

That's kind of a given, yes? Later, QD.

Given, meaning you agree they are complementary or given meaning it is obvious that I am arguing the fact that they are complementary?

If it is the first options then you see my point. If it is the second option, I am made this statement based on your post highlighted above (in bold)

RandomGuy
02-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Given, meaning you agree they are complementary or given meaning it is obvious that I am arguing the fact that they are complementary?

If it is the first options then you see my point. If it is the second option, I am made this statement based on your post highlighted above (in bold)

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/7/16/128922407445892552.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM

I'm saying that it's obvious that the cost of cars and level of income are related (or complementary). For the most part, you have to have a high range of income to afford a high end car. Is that what you're trying to get across? Later, QD.

isa2o3
02-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm saying that it's obvious that the cost of cars and level of income are related (or complementary). For the most part, you have to have a high range of income to afford a high end car. Is that what you're trying to get across? Later, QD.

Yes sir, we are on the same page.

RandomGuy
02-16-2012, 09:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wYkfKEEmgEg/SyS8sdkZWUI/AAAAAAAAA7o/lRHKc9qpomU/s640/majornamefail.jpg

Dylan
02-16-2012, 09:39 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wYkfKEEmgEg/SyS8sdkZWUI/AAAAAAAAA7o/lRHKc9qpomU/s640/majornamefail.jpg

:lmfao: wtf?!

.blank cd
02-16-2012, 09:42 PM

Even then, not necessarily, if you include inheritance, capital gains (lottery, lucky break on the stock market), you could even have someone who makes 20k/year save every penny he has for 5 years to buy himself a GTR (for example)

His argument is based on an assumption.

.blank cd
02-16-2012, 09:45 PM
While cars CAN be an indicator of wealth, they are NOT good indicators of income level or intelligence level.

Dylan
02-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Even then, not necessarily, if you include inheritance, capital gains (lottery, lucky break on the stock market), you could even have someone who makes 20k/year save every penny he has for 5 years to buy himself a GTR (for example)

His argument is based on an assumption.

He assumes for a good reason. Reasons you listed do occur but are very rare.

Dylan
02-16-2012, 09:50 PM
While cars CAN be an indicator of wealth, they are NOT good indicators of income level or intelligence level.

QFT!

Echonova
02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
There are people that just don't care about cars. My father is one of them, a car is just something to get you from point A to point B.

Could be a Lambo, could be a Yugo. It's all the same to him as long as the air conditioning works in both.

ZOSICK
02-17-2012, 07:41 AM

these guys?

or these guys?

or like this?

Truth

Julio
02-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I Know a couple of guys, Both make well' well .. Well over 6 figures... ( 200k range)
One drives a 2007 blazer, one drives a 08 Sonata...

Just saying...

quickdodgeŽ
02-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Truth

Far from it. Later, QD.

Rhys.
02-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Truthyour putting the most stupid pictures up no shit we are goin to choose the people in the office over the gang-stars..... and a pic of some ugly ass BMW and 2 peices of shit.... rediculous... lets think about this people are penny pinching out their ass even the people who make over 100k... they probably balled their ass out before the stock market crashed now in debt.... my dad makes enough to drive and old ass pickup truck all day like he used to but he got a shit ass ek honda now and sweres by honda now.... never judge a book by its cover.....

-EnVus-
02-17-2012, 11:03 PM

Idk about that cause I personally Feel that my IQ has went up since Selling My Civic lol

Julio
02-18-2012, 06:10 AM
my dad makes enough to drive and old ass pickup truck all day like he used to but he got a shit ass ek honda now and sweres by honda now.... never judge a book by its cover.....

?..

Elbow
02-18-2012, 07:07 AM
You all are COMPLETELY missing the point.

No crap you can be rich and drive a "regular" car or an older car, nobody said that's bad, I personally am saying if I had two potential lawyers, one pulls up in a flat black Civic with a fart can and the other pulls up in a newer Lexus, who would I choose? The Lexus one, why? He clearly has more respect for himself than the other.

Mr. Panoz use to drive a stock older Miata and his wife had a V6 Mustang...but both were well kept.

It's all common sense really. It's the same as the way you dress:

Would you work with someone who dresses like this?
http://www.onlineweddingdresses.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/casual_20fashion_20for_20men1.jpg

Or this?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S9gKJ_MvIQM/TbamjpkvwVI/AAAAAAAAACU/FIXu4RrRmi4/s320/suits-men-clothing-single-breasted-two-buttons-notch-lapel-1-yforigin.jpg

Clearly the top guy is an idiot, you can tell by the way he dresses. :ninja:

ZOSICK
02-18-2012, 08:12 AM
your putting the most stupid pictures up no shit we are goin to choose the people in the office over the gang-stars..... and a pic of some ugly ass BMW and 2 peices of shit.... rediculous... lets think about this people are penny pinching out their ass even the people who make over 100k... they probably balled their ass out before the stock market crashed now in debt.... my dad makes enough to drive and old ass pickup truck all day like he used to but he got a shit ass ek honda now and sweres by honda now.... never judge a book by its cover.....Hey dumb ass learn how a forum works !! I didn't post the pics someone else did !!! I was Just fucking with everyone by posting "truth" to keep the shit talkin up...

Why does everyone bring their daddy's into it all the time...

Xrated O.G.
02-18-2012, 08:30 AM
I Know a couple of guys, Both make well' well .. Well over 6 figures... ( 200k range)
One drives a 2007 blazer, one drives a 08 Sonata...

Just saying...

I hear ya one that one. Nothing wrong with a household income of over $200k a year and driving some older used vehicles. I drive an 04 F150 and the wifey drives an 09 Tahoe. Neither of which have been owned since new.