PDA

View Full Version : R33 GTR

jdmkiller
02-13-2012, 07:43 PM
im looking to buy a R33 gtr, V-spec or not. does anyone no where to find them/ does anyone no someone that has one for sale?

Bacon
02-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Try the skyline owners of America forum or whatever the name of it is. Better luck on there.

MeFryRice
02-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Chances of him actually having the money to buy one is probably slim.

jdmkiller
02-13-2012, 08:50 PM
what you tryin to say i aint got money

MeFryRice
02-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Based on your grammar, I would assume you didn't pass grade school. Yes, how you post reflects you as a person to the world. Remember this each time you post.

jdmkiller
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
this is a forum not a english paper

WhiteAccord
02-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Based on your grammar, I would assume you didn't pass grade school. Yes, how you post reflects you as a person to the world. Remember this each time you post.

Don't hurt his feelings. The fact he got GT-R right is a step up.

CSquared
02-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend, but I don't know if you know who I am
Well I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well I remember, I remember, don't worry, how could I ever forget
It's the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up, oh no you don't fool me
Well the hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you and me

Well been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord

I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord

AtlScionBoy
02-13-2012, 11:32 PM
man i found one in canada that imma bring here gonna pick it up for 8k which is a pretty good deal its a r32 wish it was a r34

AtlScionBoy
02-13-2012, 11:33 PM
ohh and i saw a r34 on CL for 58k down in florida if u want lol

Munky
02-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Head over to nad auto. I remember he has a skyline for sale, RHD. Just don't remember if it's an r33

OG-Skinny
02-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Have fun with ICE coming to seize your illegal skyline

Bacon
02-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Have fun with ICE coming to seize your illegal skyline

Only if it was a model other than the R33 GTR or GTS-T. To my knowledge those two are the only legal models and only limited to the group of cars that were brought over during MotorExs reign.

OG-Skinny
02-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Only if it was a model other than the R33 GTR or GTS-T. To my knowledge those two are the only legal models and only limited to the group of cars that were brought over during MotorExs reign.

Somewhat correct. Only those with a US VIN number that has gone through the Motorex corp are Skylines that are legal to own, and cannot be seized. The only NON vin'd skylines that can be issued a US vin are the 1996 year GTS-T and GT-R.

Bacon
02-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Somewhat correct. Only those with a US VIN number that has gone through the Motorex corp are Skylines that are legal to own, and cannot be seized. The only NON vin'd skylines that can be issued a US vin are the 1996 year GTS-T and GT-R.

:goodjob:

gerardojdm
02-14-2012, 09:16 PM
I think you guys are incorrect. Motorex was doing some illegal stuff trying to make it legit, but ended up getting caught. Atleast that's what I've heard from a R33 owner that hangs out at my job very often.

98blackcivic
02-14-2012, 09:53 PM
save up for a ferrari bro

Bacon
02-14-2012, 10:03 PM
I think you guys are incorrect. Motorex was doing some illegal stuff trying to make it legit, but ended up getting caught. Atleast that's what I've heard from a R33 owner that hangs out at my job very often.

MotorEx used only the R33 for crash testing and emissions and applied the received data to all Skyline models under the "like similarities" clause when in fact all models are completely different. When word of this got out, MotorEx was shut down and R33 GT-Rs and GTS-Ts were allowed to stay since those were the models tested. All others were considered contraband.

OG-Skinny
02-15-2012, 12:51 AM
MotorEx used only the R33 for crash testing and emissions and applied the received data to all Skyline models under the "like similarities" clause when in fact all models are completely different. When word of this got out, MotorEx was shut down and R33 GT-Rs and GTS-Ts were allowed to stay since those were the models tested. All others were considered contraband.

Bingo. The 1996 model is the only one verified by the US. IF your R33 does not have dual airbags, it can be seized.

MeFryRice
02-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Silly kids thinking they can legally own a Skyline for the cost of their EF's. lol

Elbow
02-15-2012, 08:28 AM
It's GA, nobody cares what it is as long as it's registered and insured.

Good luck getting your GT-R JDMKILLER, shitbekray if u end up gettin one fa sho.

GlennsEK
02-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Here ya go cheap R32 GTS-T 13k

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2838009690.html

Elbow
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Here ya go cheap R32 GTS-T 13k

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2838009690.html

I'm sorry but that's way overpriced.

Brandyn
02-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Motorex was legally allowed to import R32 33 and 34 until they got caught for the testing thing.
After the testing was proven they were only allowed to import the 33. already imported 32's and 34's are allowed to stay but no longer allowed to be imported. Now at this time only 33's are allowed to be imported, but since motorex doesnt exist anymore you cant bring one here....UNLESS what you said about the 96 gts-t and the gt-r is true.

Vteckidd
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM

which is actually a conundrum because no 96 AKA OBD2 car from Japan can be made to meet or pass US SMOG. It simply doesnt have the smog equipment and "making it" from scratch would be retarded in price.

Your only hope of finding a R33 GTR MOTOREX car, which who knows how many are actually around, is slim to none. Probably Ebay is your best bet or the Nissan Skyline Owners forum.

They will run prob in the 50-60k range. ANything that isnt Motorex certified, is illegal.

Vteckidd
02-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Bingo. The 1996 model is the only one verified by the US. IF your R33 does not have dual airbags, it can be seized.

I dont know if that is true, Bryants was a 1995 R33GTR if i recall and his was MOTOREX certified, and he had legal paperwork from the feds stating his car was legal and good to go.

the way i heard it was they used the R33 or R32 for crash tests, then tried to pass that data off for the R34 and other models. when they got caught , feds seized the warehouse or business that was motorex with customers yet to be delivered cars still inside. Lawyers were called blah blah blah, and the feds, recognizing that these people had spent in some cases as much as $80,000 to have their "legal" skyline imported , they decided to grandfather in everyones car that was currently in the states.

The 96 GTR was allowed to be imported and granted clemency, but it had to pass US OBD2 emissions and be DOT legal. Since that is impossible, it was more or less a "good luck itll never happen".

This is why the motorex cars were so coveted, they are the ONLY rhd cars not 25 years old, that are allowed to be here FEDERAL LEGAL.

Elbow
02-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Wrong, Subaru Legacy mail wagons. RHD and legal. lol

I don't get it though, if Skylines are illegal how do people easily state register them all the time as a Skyline and even insure them as a Skyline without any issues? I'm still convinced if you're in GA nobody cares.

Vteckidd
02-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Wrong, Subaru Legacy mail wagons. RHD and legal. lol

I don't get it though, if Skylines are illegal how do people easily state register them all the time as a Skyline and even insure them as a Skyline without any issues? I'm still convinced if you're in GA nobody cares.

Kinda.

State title laws are much less restrictive than FEDERAL laws. For instance there was a time in Florida where you could get a title issued for a car with no vin by having an inspection done.

Federal Law trumps state law however. It just depends how aggressive the Feds are about enforcing the law.

For instance, its like the legal marijuana debate. In california it is LEGAL to sell medical marijuana even though there is a FEDERAL law against the sale, possession, and distribution of Marijuana. So, the local police can see you smoking a joint with your medical card and youre ok, but if an FBI official sees you, you get arrested.

Ive said this before, any RHD car you see that ISNT 25 years old or older, and isnt a MOTOREX SKYLINE, or the Subaru RHD wagon, 99% of them are here illegally. There is NO RHD Silvia, Civic, etc that is legal

Bacon
02-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Also to add, GA is no longer accepting a VIN that isn't 17 characters long and hasn't previously been registered. Basically, if it isn't already registered in GA, good luck.