PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Looking For Some input

Chicano
02-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Ive been driving a 2000 jetta VR6 with 150k miles. And a couple days ago the water pump went out causing the engine to overheat it was driven for a couple miles and it locked up the motor (not by me a dumbass friend) SO weve replaced the water pump thinking it may run but it didnt so basically asking should i replace the motor or buy a used car .? Daily driver by the way.

New Stage 2 clutch a couple weeks ago
Needs tires
New Water Pump
Need New air Pump

2900 to replace the motor
car cast 4200

Just need feedback on this issue

Have a someone trying to buy the car as is
for 2000.

Which puts me with 10k to purchase a car . would also like a few suggestions on that thinking of getting a 2004+ acura tl

Clutch070
02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
It all depends on how much you really like this car. I personaly would take the 12k and start shopping around. Its not like the car had low miles and theres other stuff that it looks like it needs. Think about it $2900(engine)+$500(tires)+Air pump and what ever time & money it takes to get it all done. If you need a car now out of necessity you gotta do what you gotta do, but if you connect with the car I don't think anyone'll blame you if want to keep the project going.

lanning
02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Sell the Jetta, not worth the time or money to put into it. IMO

Prime.
02-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Sell it. Believe me, mk4s are the devil.

Dylan
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
I would sell it, buy another cheaper car, and save the remainder of cash.

iDriftATL
02-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Sell it if you are not emotionally attached to the car. You can save that money and buy something you really want. every car is going to be a money pit when you start modding it. just choose the right pit to through your money in ;) haha . maybe something with a non-interference engine.