PDA

View Full Version : General Chat denji headlights... real or fake?

dc2gs
02-07-2012, 10:56 PM
So i got these headlights this past weekend. Im not sure if they are real or replicas but based on what i have researched, they seem real. Anyone on here know any more info on these? And are they as rare as people say?

Rsporty
02-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Only 3 pair for sale on ebay.
$375-400 a pair.

dc2gs
02-08-2012, 05:31 AM
Only 3 pair for sale on ebay.
$375-400 a pair.
Yeah i saw those on there, all brand new.

The ones i have are made of glass, have no grooves over the projectors, and say denji like the real ones do. So im guessing they are real lol unless theres something else i missed?

Bacon
02-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Technically speaking, since the "EG" chassis never had the projector option I would venture to say "replica" but since these re obviously aftermarket I haven't a clue.

dc2gs
02-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Technically speaking, since the "EG" chassis never had the projector option I would venture to say "replica" but since these re obviously aftermarket I haven't a clue.
They arent oem and didnt come on any eg chasis, they are made by a company in taiwan called denji. Real denji headlight go for a lot, but there has been companies making knock offs. Thats why im asking in they are real deal denji headlights or just know offs.

Boosting EG
02-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I had on my EG hatch and I loved them alot

dc2gs
02-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I love how they look but the bulbs in them are tiny!! They are like fog light bulbs.

dc2gs
02-13-2012, 07:10 AM
So this is what the chrome housing ones look like. Still dont know if mine are real... Anyone know?

RBS
02-13-2012, 07:28 AM
they are real Denjis. there are many different variations of them as they were made different throughout the years. the chrome housing ones with the blue projectors are the final production run... the ones you have now are the earlier versions. they made both in glass AND plastic housings, it was simply an option when purchasing. also, both have shit projectors LOL.. retrofit is a big thing with these headlights.

dc2gs
02-13-2012, 08:22 AM
they are real Denjis. there are many different variations of them as they were made different throughout the years. the chrome housing ones with the blue projectors are the final production run... the ones you have now are the earlier versions. they made both in glass AND plastic housings, it was simply an option when purchasing. also, both have shit projectors LOL.. retrofit is a big thing with these headlights.
Sweet! Thanks for the info dude. I have read about the shitty projectors and bulbs. I might have to retrofit them if they are that bad

RBS
02-13-2012, 01:45 PM
... they are THAT bad lol.

dc2gs
02-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Well we will see when i hook them up lol