PDA

View Full Version : The official "I hope you'll watch Top Gear on History on Tuesdays" thread

RutRoe
02-06-2012, 09:54 PM
What's up everybody !

So, we're moving to Tuesday nights starting with our premier which is Valentines Day night, Tues Feb 14th @ 9pm EST. It's "Top Tuesdays" so Top Gear is on right before Top Shot...which is of course nice for you gun folks.

There are 8 shows in this run...technically it's the 2nd half of season 2. The premier is crazy...we drove big rigs on public roads. It's nuts.

I know lots of your guys have watched and I really appreciate all the support, but like anything, don't stop now! We have lots of great ideas out on the table for season 3, so we need lots of people to watch so we can get the chance to do that.

Thanks again,
Rutledge

Echonova
02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I like telling everyone I know that we are extremely personal friends.

Echonova
02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
And I still have your cell phone number from that one time we traded wheels.

Echonova
02-06-2012, 09:56 PM
And I'll sell it to them for $5.

-EnVus-
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Anyone else see how Fat Rut, look in the New previews ? :)

Echonova
02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Uh... No.

I wish I was as fat as him...

In which case you meant to call him fat in order to say he's really skinny, which makes me feel all the fatter.

WTF????? I thought we were friends? Why would you call me fat?

-EnVus-
02-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Uh... No.

I wish I was as fat as him...

In which case you meant to call him fat in order to say he's really skinny, which makes me feel all the fatter.

WTF????? I thought we were friends? Why would you call me fat?
It be fat,fatter then me fattest i guess lol

Echonova
02-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm just big boned.

With a lot of flesh around the big bones.

quickdodge®
02-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I like telling everyone I know that we are extremely personal friends.

I do, too, lolol. I also tell people that he gave me a car one time for Christmas. Later, QD.

Echonova
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
I do, too, lolol. I also tell people that he gave me a car one time for Christmas. Later, QD.THAT'S WAZZUP!!!!!

We have friends over to the house and I entertain them with stories about how me and Rut used to hangout and double-team hookers and such. And they're all like "Nuh-Uh"... And I pull out my phone and scroll it to Rut's number and I'm all like "Call him then and ask"... And then they're all like " Nah bro, it's cool. I believe you." and then I'm all like

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/Prometeu/Fuck_yeah_meme.jpg

RutRoe
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Echo- What's up man! I was just hoping you'd keep those crazy offset wheels to blackmail me with one day :) Hope you're good man.

Fatality- NO clue who you are...but I can tell we went to middle school. I look big standing next to two tiny guys that are short. But I also look like a guy who's on Top Gear so I don't mind if you make fun of me :) Keep it real yo.

QD! What's up Mike! How's everything man?

Echonova
02-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Surprisingly they cleared the brakes... But
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/22e80b56.jpg

I ended up liking mine better

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/923a8893.jpg

-EnVus-
02-06-2012, 11:27 PM
My wife ask "How did he get on Top Gear" I have no clue......Got a story to share ? and well I used to be a few other names so kinda hard to keep up with lol

RutRoe
02-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Tell her just be being "fat" :)

David88vert
02-07-2012, 06:43 AM
I always watch the show, and will continue to do so.

Doppelgänger
02-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Rutmang!

This one is for you.... coughcoughlookattherollbarcoughcough

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/990/4661/2474830180_large.jpg

(I'm still jealous of Tanner getting to flaunt the GT2RS in downtown LA)

Xrated O.G.
02-07-2012, 07:11 AM
:goodjob:

CSquared
02-07-2012, 08:00 AM
When are you guys doing an episode with the original folks? I want to see another competition like they did with the Australian version.

Brett
02-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Hope all is well man!! Havent seen ya in forever!! Glad life is going great for ya sir.

David88vert
02-07-2012, 08:50 AM
When are you guys doing an episode with the original folks? I want to see another competition like they did with the Australian version.

We already know how that one would go - Clarkston would make a bunch of jokes about Americans, and would find ways to cheat.

Now, IF it was to happen, since we already know that Hammond secretly wishes that he was American, we need to have Rut "bribe/distract" Hammond with something "American/redneck" to help the US win.

SHHHH
02-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Wilco :goodjob:

Did the American Stig really take the Hennessey ZR1 around the track with the unofficial fastest lap?

CHADbee
02-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Looking forward to it Rut.

Don't forget about that shoot when your Honda hits the streets.

RutRoe
02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I always watch the show, and will continue to do so.
Thanks for all the support David...you've always been there man. REally appreciate it.

Rutmang!
This one is for you.... coughcoughlookattherollbarcoughcough
(I'm still jealous of Tanner getting to flaunt the GT2RS in downtown LA)
Thanks homie ! Boob CreW Fo Lyfe ! hahaha

:goodjob:
Thanks man! Be safe over there !

Hope all is well man!! Havent seen ya in forever!! Glad life is going great for ya sir.
B Money! What's up man..hope you're doing great too buddy.

We already know how that one would go - Clarkston would make a bunch of jokes about Americans, and would find ways to cheat.
Now, IF it was to happen, since we already know that Hammond secretly wishes that he was American, we need to have Rut "bribe/distract" Hammond with something "American/redneck" to help the US win.
GENIUS! LOVE THAT IDEA...Not sure if it will ever happen or not, but I sure hope so. They'll try to cheat...we'll try to cheat...so it needs to be on a tiny floating island in the middle of the Atlantic.

Wilco :goodjob:
Did the American Stig really take the Hennessey ZR1 around the track with the unofficial fastest lap?
Now where did you hear that? Because I can neither confirm nor deny that...but I was there...and it was $%^&(*$ crazy.

Looking forward to it Rut.
Yeah man! I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow around lunch time but I still have to sort out the interior and stereo. Will keep you posted though..thanks again.

silversol
02-07-2012, 09:17 AM
I will be watching rut!

David88vert
02-07-2012, 09:31 AM
GENIUS! LOVE THAT IDEA...Not sure if it will ever happen or not, but I sure hope so. They'll try to cheat...we'll try to cheat...so it needs to be on a tiny floating island in the middle of the Atlantic.

Don't fall for that one! They suckered in TGAustralia with that one! Great Britain/England is the island in the Atlantic that they will trick you into agreeing to. :)

On a serious note, you should have TGUS do the Targa Newfoundland race as a future epic episode. That would be great if all three of you tried to compete in it.

RutRoe
02-07-2012, 09:35 AM
David, have you ever seen the documentary "Love the Beast" ? It's bitchin...Erik Bana and his friends did the race with the car he drove in high school. Really cool...my friends at Globe shoes helped make the movie.

Travis! What's up man! Hope you're doing good and feeling good!

SHHHH
02-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Now where did you hear that? Because I can neither confirm nor deny that...but I was there...and it was $%^&(*$ crazy.

Hahahahaha I bet that was amazing to actually see it. Hennessey posted it on their HPE youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqq_ZTdHL94&feature=g-all-u&context=G250ce48FAAAAAAAACAA

Echonova
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
^^^ Did they have Michael J Fox holding that camera?

David88vert
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
David, have you ever seen the documentary "Love the Beast" ? It's bitchin...Erik Bana and his friends did the race with the car he drove in high school. Really cool...my friends at Globe shoes helped make the movie.

Travis! What's up man! Hope you're doing good and feeling good!

I have a copy of Love the Beast. I enjoyed it a lot. He's supposed to be doing a sequel to it, from rumors I read. I will definitely want to see it.
I don't miss many shows that have to do with cars - my life has always revolved around cars and racing.

David88vert
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Hahahahaha I bet that was amazing to actually see it. Hennessey posted it on their HPE youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqq_ZTdHL94&feature=g-all-u&context=G250ce48FAAAAAAAACAA

I don't think that they were supposed to post that up until after the episode was launched - unless they got special permission.

green91
02-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Whats up Rut!! My GF asked who i stole all the speed swag from that you gave to me a few years back at AMS LOL. Hope the new gig is still working out good for you.. looks like fun! i'll def continue to tune in.

Doppelgänger
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks homie ! Boob CreW Fo Lyfe ! hahaha

You wouldn't happen to have any extra sickers around would ya? I kinda lost mine lol

jonbuice5591
02-08-2012, 03:14 AM
i havent been on here long enough to know you from IA but i do watch the show on history and i will also continue to do so.

quickdodge®
02-08-2012, 06:15 AM

Have to get mine in there with Rut's! Two old schools? Hell yeah! Later, QD.

tnomud
02-08-2012, 01:41 PM
will there be more cool dually action??!

Jaimecbr900
02-09-2012, 11:36 PM
What's up man? You still owe me and Patrycja an on-air apology you wipper snapper. :)

Echonova
02-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Soooo, I'm just sitting here in a hotel room with some lotion and a hand full of Kleenex waiting for it to start...

CSquared
02-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Soooo, I'm just sitting here in a hotel room with some lotion and a hand full of Kleenex waiting for it to start...

Our webcam chat?

-EnVus-
02-14-2012, 08:51 PM
A Hand full of kleenex is slang for Fatality

EG_Ryder
02-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Freakin hilarious episode! Great start to the season!

Echonova
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Rut, you made my Volvo and I both proud.

smoknlegend
02-15-2012, 11:09 PM
To not roll back in a car on a hill is a feat of its own for most, but to do it in a semi. BRAVO!

David88vert
02-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Ok, I have mixed thoughts on this episode.
First, let me say that I saw the original TGUK lorry episode when it came out, so I already knew where this one was heading.

1) The Rollback test - Having seen the original TGUK episode, I knew what was going to happen. I don't have an issue with this part though. Still good TV.

2) Tanner's "crash" - The car looks like you pulled it out of the junkyard and strategically placed it there. No owner came running out to check on their crashed car, and where is the police report? You couldn't have just driven off, and any cop would have checked Tanner's license and seen that he did not have a CDL endorsement. That would have been the end of the episode. Obviously, it was a staged crash, and that "altered the results". Good for TV, bad for a competition that is supposed to appear to be real.
We are supposed to believe that he missed the interestate, and ended up in downtown Marshall, where he hit a parked car? Obviously, missing the interstate was a faked part as well.

3) Rut's trailer fire - Obviously, we know where that one was heading. I will say that I am disappointed that they didn't allow Rut to burn down the entire trailer, like Clarkston got to do. The issue is that the location of the "fire" appears to be staged as well. The fire department shows up, but no police? You are allowed to drive on, with no one checking for a CDL endorsement, and no tickets? Come on, this is America. You can't do anything without being fined or ticketed - you have to pay for everything. The only obvious answer is that the fire department was already engaged and a permit for a controlled burn was already issued, otherwise, the cops would have been there, and the episode would have been ended.

4) The "race" - Tanner was so far behind, that there is no way that he should have been able to catch up. It looked to me as if that result was staged as well, to keep the show interesting. I think that you should have tried to let him drift the truck for extra points though.

Yes, the episode was entertaining, which is the point of the TV show. It just seemed that it was too unrealistic; however, when I think of what could have been changed to make it more realistic, there does not appear to be any obvious way to execute it better, hence, my mixed feelings concerning this episode.

Echonova
02-16-2012, 07:35 AM
^^^ I agree with everything you said. But I learned a long time ago there is nothing real about reality TV. So I just enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment.

RutRoe
02-17-2012, 08:26 PM
haha I'll pick one here...

So We were all staged like a half mile or so apart. Tanner did start late, but he just hauled ass. That ring is set up to do 55,60 tops...I was doing high 80's and I don't know how fast he was going but damn he came out of no where on that back stretch...we both slowed down because on that back turn I was afraid we were going to hit (he probably didn't) but it was majorly sketchy.

The hill start thing was crazy...I realize that was a challenge that the UK did too, but if anyone thinks what happened in that section was "Scripted" then they aren't watching...they script the narrations that we do in the VO booth that move the story along....but what happens when we're doing the challenges is just what happens.

Oh, and Tanner hit the sh*t out of that car.

Thanks for watching!

Relentless
02-17-2012, 09:11 PM
For some reason I enjoy watching you guys more than the UK version, alot of lulz !

-EnVus-
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey Rut, I just noticed your last name is Wood, I have family members with the same last name lol

integra8705
02-21-2012, 08:36 PM
rut, I can't believe that you wouldn't go above the 30 mph speed limit in the stage three mustang lol

Nismo
02-22-2012, 01:03 PM
When are you guys going to do a holiday episode like the sahara one? Or the bolivian one?

David88vert
02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
When are you guys going to do a holiday episode like the sahara one? Or the bolivian one?

Probably when they get the budget that TGUK has.

Echonova
02-22-2012, 08:39 PM
I haven't seen this week's episode yet... Gotta wait 'till I get back home.

Echonova
03-14-2012, 07:39 PM
So, I just got back into town and had a chance to watch last nights episode on the DVR...

INO, best episode yet in term of flow, editing the whole nine yards. And not to sound like I'm kissing ass. You carried that episode Rut. "Oh no I'm just stretching" caught me mid-drink and now my wife has to clean the carpet.

So it would be best for you to lay low for a day or two...

thinkskater
03-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Awesome Rut.

Edit- When you told trump that the passenger seat could accommodate a baby seat.... The face you made .....

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/thinkskater007/IMAG0358.jpg

So priceless.

PTCDC5
03-17-2012, 01:25 AM
So, I just got back into town and had a chance to watch last nights episode on the DVR...

INO, best episode yet in term of flow, editing the whole nine yards. And not to sound like I'm kissing ass. You carried that episode Rut. "Oh no I'm just stretching" caught me mid-drink and now my wife has to clean the carpet.

So it would be best for you to lay low for a day or two...
Agreed, IMO this was the best episode yet.

Echonova
09-03-2013, 08:16 PM
So the new episode is on now.

David88vert
09-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Rut has to wear his new hat the next time he gets back to Atlanta.

Echonova
09-03-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm impressed by the weight he's shed. It makes feel like I'm lazy... And it also makes me feel like I need a burrito to feed my shame.

quickdodge®
09-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Did someone say.
burrito?

Echonova
09-03-2013, 10:15 PM
I did...

Although now I'm scared where this is going.