PDA

View Full Version : car accident, not my fault.

EJdm
02-02-2012, 01:35 PM
So about a wk ago i was hit while i was stop at a red light there was a witness that saw what happen. The police report stated that i wasnt at fault and after investigating my insurance also said im not at fault but the other insurance is still having their liability pending. Now what does this mean? What action should i take next? My insurance suggested that i call them and see what they want but im like if i wasnt at fault there isnt a reason to talk and they should just pay for my loss and medical bills. Someone with experience please help. Ohh and im 99% my car is a total loss.

-EnVus-
02-02-2012, 02:03 PM
So about a wk ago i was hit while i was stop at a red light there was a witness that saw what happen. The police report stated that i wasnt at fault and after investigating my insurance also said im not at fault but the other insurance is still having their liability pending. Now what does this mean? What action should i take next? My insurance suggested that i call them and see what they want but im like if i wasnt at fault there isnt a reason to talk and they should just pay for my loss and medical bills. Someone with experience please help. Ohh and im 99% my car is a total loss.
The other persons insurance could be not wanting to pay depending on the persons plan or options. Also they could be stalling to investigate more for them selves or May wanna go to court and fight it. Just remember record any conversations you have with the persons at fault reps.

EJdm
02-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't see why bc the witness waited for the police and help explain what happen also gave me her contact info which she is human resource coordinator for the atlanta falcons. The driver also admitted fault at the time of the accident plus I was at a red light parked with cameras, so I really dont see how they'll try to fight it and they'll just make it worst for themselves. All I want is my car back and for parts and what I took as a lost but we'll see what happens.

-EnVus-
02-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't see why bc the witness waited for the police and help explain what happen also gave me her contact info which she is human resource coordinator for the atlanta falcons. The driver also admitted fault at the time of the accident plus I was at a red light parked with cameras, so I really dont see how they'll try to fight it and they'll just make it worst for themselves. All I want is my car back and for parts and what I took as a lost but we'll see what happens.
Well unless you was in a new lexus liability is not gonna pay you much of anything. They will pay what ever the value is if totaled or whatever it will be to repair it.
If the car is totaled you may get 3/4 or half the value of it. When a kid hit my mothers car and totaled it the resale was $4k she ended up with $3k and that was full coverage on his behalf. Like they said try talking to the company the lady has if they give you the run around then you will need a lawyer.
It can take up to 3 weeks to get a settled amount and a check from them.

B18c1Turboed
02-02-2012, 03:18 PM
They might be waiting to talk to their insured first. If u have uninsured motorist on you car make a claim and let you insurance fix your car.then your insurance company will sue the other insurance company or sue the person that hit you. :)

EJdm
02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Lol yea my car is old and I'm not expecting a pot of gold back and I kno its not fixable bc its a sedan and now its a hatchback lol but I do have a few upgrades and a recent motor swap with receipt

-EnVus-
02-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Lol yea my car is old and I'm not expecting a pot of gold back and I kno its not fixable bc its a sedan and now its a hatchback lol but I do have a few upgrades and a recent motor swap with receipt
Unless its original parts Insurance company could careless its your loss :(

BanginJimmy
02-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I do have a few upgrades and a recent motor swap with receipt

Most likely you will get nothing for the upgrades without a lawyer. The insurance company will see the year, make, and model of your car and thats what you will get.

EJdm
02-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Really, well I see what happen next then kinda sucks imma take a lost on this

EJdm
02-02-2012, 03:45 PM
What less can I do to make this more better for me lol

-EnVus-
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
What less can I do to make this more better for me lol
You can buy your car back from the insurance company and part it out

Julio
02-02-2012, 10:16 PM
This reminds me of a person I know in NY. Had a 93 civic, dropped about 10k... K swap, other modifications.. A month later, totaled.. Got 1900 from the insurance.. Lol

He tried to buy it back, but for some odd reason, insurance did not want to sell or so he said,, kinda blows..

Dropping money into a piece of shit, is like havin sex with a hooker, you pay for it, have a little fun, but when she leaves, you regret you payed her..

EJdm
02-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Lol