PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors gun trading question.

BrokenSoul
01-29-2012, 11:50 AM
hi i have posted up my gun for sell on CL. however this guy wants to do a trade since he's got a gun that i want. for the reason why im selling mines. but i wanted to know is there something else i need to do the trade off? like a bill of sell or something?

thanks

Cruxless
01-29-2012, 01:04 PM
I would definitely do a bill of sale and photo copy his drivers license and registration if he's got one. There's a lot of shady people out there. For all you know that gun could have been used in a crime. I would also take it to the range and shoot it before going through the deal.

Bacon
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't think CL will allow you to sell guns on their site so your post may get flagged.

Just do a bill of sale for $1 and you should be good.

DA-TEG90
01-31-2012, 02:34 AM
also you can call local pd and ask them to run serial numbers for you on the spot to make sure the firearm isnt stolen...i do that when im buying or trading...just a safety precaution they can tell you right then and there + do a bill of sell w photo id like was previously said

JDBenson
01-31-2012, 10:30 PM
also you can call local pd and ask them to run serial numbers for you on the spot to make sure the firearm isnt stolen...i do that when im buying or trading...just a safety precaution they can tell you right then and there + do a bill of sell w photo id like was previously said

+1 ^^^ this

IOnlyLookStock
02-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Step 1 is to call a local police department, ask them to trace the serial number to make sure the gun is actually legal and registered to the person you are buying it from.
Step 2 if to write out a bill of sale with all the details and sell the guns to each other. Be sure to include copied drivers licence pictures from each party on the bill of sale itself. If I remember correctly, that's all you need to sell a gun in this state.

Hope that helps!

DA-TEG90
02-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Step 1 is to call a local police department, ask them to trace the serial number to make sure the gun is actually legal and registered to the person you are buying it from.
Step 2 if to write out a bill of sale with all the details and sell the guns to each other. Be sure to include copied drivers licence pictures from each party on the bill of sale itself. If I remember correctly, that's all you need to sell a gun in this state.

Hope that helps!
step 1 = fail- theres no firearm registry in state of Ga....the only thing they can tell you is if the firearms serial #'s are in the system as stolen
step 2- none of this is "required" but as a safety precaution to you and who your selling to...its a good idea

HMGDRFTER
02-07-2012, 10:03 AM
step 1 = fail- theres no firearm registry in state of Ga....the only thing they can tell you is if the firearms serial #'s are in the system as stolen
step 2- none of this is "required" but as a safety precaution to you and who your selling to...its a good idea

True I <3 GA,

You might also want to ask him if he got a carry's license, if he does he's clean (hopefully) just take pics of everything and make sure they match up.

Bacon
02-08-2012, 04:22 AM
IIRC, if you buy from a licensed dealer the gun will become "registered" to you as being the owner of it but it's not a requirement on your part to do. As with any of my firearm deals, I just do a bill of sale and ask to see their driver's license and/or weapons license.