PDA

View Full Version : New-To-Me DD

98blackcivic
01-28-2012, 07:01 PM
so i ended up picking up this 03 accord for a good price
has 90K miles on the k24

i really needed a DD which i can rack miles on..so this is it..
i didnt imagine driving it..but my dad found it

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/angrybear_2006/03accord.jpg

only 1 pic is enough...its not like some of your nice cars..

its a 5spd ofcourse.
previous owner decided to paint the rims black, add some sort of HIDs and throw on aem intake
i wanted a stock ride..but w/e

silversol
01-28-2012, 07:09 PM
A girl i dated had a 03 accord 4 door they are very nice cars, and really nice to drive! I would just strip the paint on the wheels and clean them up and leave the car as it is!

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2012, 07:11 PM
so i ended up picking up this 03 accord for a good price
has 90K miles on the k24

i really needed a DD which i can rack miles on..so this is it..
i didnt imagine driving it..but my dad found it

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/angrybear_2006/03accord.jpg

only 1 pic is enough...its not like some of your nice cars..

its a 5spd ofcourse.
previous owner decided to paint the rims black, add some sort of HIDs and throw on aem intake
i wanted a stock ride..but w/e

That's one thing I always told myself and my wife. I will never buy a car that has been "tuned" by someone already. Especially if it's to be a daily driver.

Car looks decent enough, though. I assume you'll be getting those wheels back to looking decent as well? Hope it works out for you, man. Later, QD.

silversol
01-28-2012, 07:19 PM
That's one thing I always told myself and my wife. I will never buy a car that has been "tuned" by someone already. Especially if it's to be a daily driver.

Car looks decent enough, though. I assume you'll be getting those wheels back to looking decent as well? Hope it works out for you, man. Later, QD.

I agree with you 100% I love stock vehicles for a daily driver, Nor will i buy a modified vehicle just becase I dont know its history, But this one is not really moded to where it cant be put back to factory condtion in a flash!

Franco Tirador
01-28-2012, 10:13 PM
I agree with you 100% I love stock vehicles for a daily driver, Nor will i buy a modified vehicle just becase I dont know its history, But this one is not really moded to where it cant be put back to factory condtion in a flash!

x2, i like this one as it is, i personally would just get a different set of wheels and lower it, and it is still a good dd, if those are the wheels that came with a car stock it should be an ex, with a sunroof (which is a must for me), and 4 wheels disc. intake gets better mpg, HID better vision at night, now if it had engine work i would not have gotten it, the weak point of these cars are the auto trans, but this one is manual so that takes care of that, i can get these k24s for like $400-$600 with like 60-80K, so worst case engine goes out it's cheap to replace, i love these CMs, im going to get one when they come down in price for my range, just use the proper oil weight, the only thing i have heard about these k24 is sometimes the oil pump having issues, but you should be fine if you use the oe recommened oil weight and i think it's synthetic, even if it leaks or burns it, enjoy

2turbo4u
01-29-2012, 11:37 AM
congrats and enjoy!