PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my 2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Durtie
01-28-2012, 06:47 PM
I've been having some problems with my car.

1) When ever I go to leave somewhere and I get on it, the rev limiter bounces at around 7000 rpms. Its suppose to go to 7900. Other times it goes all the way to redline. It only does it in first gear though. Help!

2) When ever I get gas(I use premium), the car always idles so low that it cuts off. It only does this when I get gas. I can crank the car at 4 in the morning while its cold and no problems. I have to rev my car for two minutes before it starts idleing right(after I get gas). Also, I think my exhaust fumes stink. They smell like rotten eggs. I'm not sure if its my car or someone elses. I live in an apartment so it could be the old chevy parked in the lot.

Thanks for the help.

nsany(atl)
01-29-2012, 08:06 AM
sounds like blown cats, and your VTC gears may be shot, could be clutch

green91
01-29-2012, 08:49 AM
1) does it do this after is completely warm? like after 5 miles of driving?
2) do you have a CEL on? Ive never seen a cat on one of these smell before setting a p0420 code.
If it only does it after filling as i'd guess youve got an issue with the charcoal canister/evap system. But it wouldnt hurt to go ahead and clean the IACV.

Next time you get gas, leave the gas cap off and see if it starts easier. This will tell you if its somehow vapor locking the gas tank.

Cruxless
01-29-2012, 11:59 AM
I agree with this ^. If you're going to clean your IACV you might as well clean and or replace your PCV filter, OCVs, & the OCV filters.