PDA

View Full Version : Cheap place to take a Motorcycle Safty course in georgia?

speed_ga
01-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Thinking about taking a course. I live in Hampton, GA. Any suggestions as to where to go? And how much will this run me? :lowrider:

Bacon
01-27-2012, 12:28 AM
https://online.dds.ga.gov/motorcycle/PreambleRegistration.aspx

Start your search here. I know Harley of Clayton County does one and there is a place in Alpharetta that does one.

JessAlba452
01-30-2012, 11:56 PM
So far from my research, since I'd like to take the course too...It's anywhere from ~$200-250. Make sure you do some research about the school before attending. I saw that "Sunshine Learn to Ride" in Lawrenceville (far from Hampton though), mentions that it's a non-pass/fail course. That the rider is allowed to pass whenever they feel able to which seems like it would be a good deal! :D

Best of luck on your search for the right MSF course for you!

brownhornet
02-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Last summer I took the MSF certified course in Alpharetta. It'll be on the list @ the website given by Bacon. It is a pass or fail class, but they're not trying to fail to you. The cost is $250, but it exempts you from both the written and riding tests @ the DMV. Which class you take isn't as important as taking one, if you feel you need the experience. As a new rider, I can tell you honestly that if I hadn't taken a class, I would have already gone down. Good luck & be safe.

David88vert
02-01-2012, 09:22 PM
The one in Alpharetta is good. They will do their best to help you pass.

speed_ga
02-08-2012, 12:09 AM
thanks everyone. I'm thinking of taking either the alpharetta one or the one in locust grove. They are both the same price. Harley has one in morrow but it is 350 dollars.

Bacon
02-08-2012, 04:19 AM
I think it's $250 anywhere else but not sure as I never took one. Good luck with which ever you choose.

iDriftATL
02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
They are all over Georgia. anyware in price from $200 and up. Good for learning the basics and becoming more comfortable on 2 wheels. The DDS should also have a list of approved schools that they honor to exempt you from their "roadcorse". goodluck and GEAR UP!