PDA

View Full Version : Old School on that ass!!

quickdodge®
01-26-2012, 10:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/210.jpg

Haha!!! My 1980 Datsun 210 station wagon. Picture taken in 1990. Later, QD.

Genji-Sama
01-26-2012, 10:45 PM
The background looks like the setting for a horror movie. I like the blue wheels :goodjob:

-EnVus-
01-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Was the rear end springs or leafs ?

jonbuice5591
01-26-2012, 10:49 PM
haha my cousin used to drag race one of these in the 90's.

quickdodge®
01-26-2012, 10:54 PM
The background looks like the setting for a horror movie. I like the blue wheels :goodjob:

Lolol. That was just an old wheat type field across the street from my, then, house. Those weren't wheels, lolol. They were hub caps. I got the first set of five star styled hub caps from the representative of the maker through an old parts store called Western Auto. I painted them, along with the car, "candy-apple, metal-flake blue." The actual steelies are painted hot pink. On the driver side only. On the passenger side, the steelies are painted neon green. Shaved door handles and, mounted high on the A-pillar, are baby turbo mirrors, lolol.

Springs, sir. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Damn rear fender weld was meeting rim lol....Was that a pipe or hitch out back ?

metalmatt47
01-26-2012, 11:57 PM
LOL QD that goon is legit! You are truly old school.

Captain-Obvious™
01-27-2012, 12:37 AM

Technically, leafs are still springs....

But to be honest I hate the car. Looks terrible IMO. Generation gap I'm sure.

Bacon
01-27-2012, 12:41 AM
I like it. Not gonna find a lot of people in this generation that likes it but I bet it was hot shit in it's time.

Echonova
01-27-2012, 05:29 AM
I like it. Not gonna find a lot of people in this generation that likes it but I bet it was hot shit in it's time.Truth.

Anybody else remember the truxarossa???

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/testarossa.jpg

quickdodge®
01-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Damn rear fender weld was meeting rim lol....Was that a pipe or hitch out back ?

That was the tailpipe. I had removed the bumpers for some reason and that's why it sticks out that far.

Technically, leafs are still springs....

But to be honest I hate the car. Looks terrible IMO. Generation gap I'm sure.

No sir. Technically, it is springs. Or was springs ( I removed them completely for that ultimate low). This car had MacPherson struts all the way around. Nothing under there resembled any sort of leaf suspension. And I can accept the honesty about the car. Not everyone is into the older wagons. And it wasn't a professionally done car by any means. Generation gap may be it. Either way, you have a right to your opinion. I just thank you for presenting it in a respectful way, sir.

I like it. Not gonna find a lot of people in this generation that likes it but I bet it was hot shit in it's time.

I don't know if the car itself was "hot shit" then, but the style definitely was. I used the mini-trucking scene on my car. Everything I did to the car was directly related to mini-trucking (mostly West coast). From the baby turbo mirrors to the loud, wild colors to the "dripping" paint on the interior.

Truth.

Anybody else remember the truxarossa???

I actually have a few pics of a Truxsterossa from a couple of shows I went to back then. Later, QD.

Captain-Obvious™
01-28-2012, 12:46 AM
No sir. Technically, it is springs. Or was springs ( I removed them completely for that ultimate low). This car had MacPherson struts all the way around. Nothing under there resembled any sort of leaf suspension. And I can accept the honesty about the car. Not everyone is into the older wagons. And it wasn't a professionally done car by any means. Generation gap may be it. Either way, you have a right to your opinion. I just thank you for presenting it in a respectful way, sir.

I was saying that coils and leafs are both springs. Just different forms. I wasn't making a comment on whether your car had one or the other because honestly I had no idea.

quickdodge®
01-28-2012, 06:32 AM
I was saying that coils and leafs are both springs. Just different forms. I wasn't making a comment on whether your car had one or the other because honestly I had no idea.

Oh, haha, my bad, then. Yeah, that car had leafs. It surprised me when I got under there back then. Later, QD.

nsany(atl)
01-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Thermonuclear Protection!!!

quickdodge®
01-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Thermonuclear Protection!!!

OF COURSE!! Later, QD.

David88vert
01-28-2012, 07:42 AM
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/David88vert/1964 Impala lowrider/imp11.jpg

'64 - Juiced, no bags. This pic is from '96.

In 1990, I had a blue Dodge Dakota that made my Impala look like a 4x4. No juice, just slammed. I don't think that I have any pics of it anymore though.

QD - you're probably the only other one on here that knows what white "pleather" really is....

Echonova
01-28-2012, 08:12 AM
QD - you're probably the only other one on here that knows what white "pleather" really is....I am offended by your comment sir, offended.

Good day to you.

Sinfix_15
01-28-2012, 09:40 AM
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/David88vert/1964 Impala lowrider/imp11.jpg

'64 - Juiced, no bags. This pic is from '96.

In 1990, I had a blue Dodge Dakota that made my Impala look like a 4x4. No juice, just slammed. I don't think that I have any pics of it anymore though.

QD - you're probably the only other one on here that knows what white "pleather" really is....

Id drive the wheels off that car!!... literally...... those daytons got to go!...lol Car is awesome though

Steezy-Ek
01-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Haha nice! I was born in 1990 lol

David88vert
01-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I am offended by your comment sir, offended.

Good day to you.

It takes an ancient one to remember it.... you aren't ancient, are you?

David88vert
01-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Id drive the wheels off that car!!... literally...... those daytons got to go!...lol Car is awesome though

They are the original triple gold 72 spokes - car has always been hopped, danced, and driven on them. They aren't ever coming off.

Sinfix_15
01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
They are the original triple gold 72 spokes - car has always been hopped, danced, and driven on them. They aren't ever coming off.

i love old school lowriders, but i always hated those type of spoke wheels

jonbuice5591
01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
that 64 is my dream car, daytons and all. i grew up int the minitruckin/lowrider scene my entire life ans ive always had bagged and bodied trucks and a few juiced cars but ive never been lucky enough to have a 64. one day my friends, one day! lol

David88vert
01-28-2012, 01:44 PM
They are the only wheels strong enought to stand up to hopping, and they are the original racing wheel - look at the old E-type Jags.

jonbuice5591
01-28-2012, 01:46 PM
my cousin had a set of gold daytons back in the mid 90's and he put them on everything. lol and i agree they are some of the strongest wheels around. he still has his and they have been hopped, and went to hell and back

Sinfix_15
01-28-2012, 01:50 PM
They are the only wheels strong enought to stand up to hopping, and they are the original racing wheel - look at the old E-type Jags.

didnt know they were popular for the hopping purpose, learn somethin new everyday

GlennsEK
01-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Haha nice! I was born in 1990 lol
samehere bro