PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if ill buy another bike this year...

FrnkPwrs
04-04-2005, 09:53 AM
I dunno. A part of me wants to buy another, another part of me wants to buy a Wrangler and hook it up for hot days. I love riding, no doubt, and you could never duplicate the feeling, but am not sure because of safety. I felt the same way the year before last too. Last riding season it was like right before i sold my bike everybody was wrecking. When I put mine up on ebay, I was so concerened about people wrecking into me on my bike that i stopped riding the day I listed. I really didnt have many riding partners, maybe thats it??? I dunno, either way, its a definite issue in the air for me

AznTraitor
04-04-2005, 01:11 PM
frank.....I was in the same situation you were in a few years back....I was torn between a Jeep and a bike.....I opted for a Jeep, I got a 82 Jeep CJ7, a real mans jeep! it was in some rough shape but after a few weeks of hard work and late night with some friends, I got that bitch real purty like, lifted 3inches, Wagoneer Axles, 31'mud terrains w 15x10 black wagon wheels, new floor pans, and a kick ass stereo, brand new seats, new bikini top, and roll bar padding. I felt the same way you did, hot days, roll around in a jeep should be real nice.....let me be the first to tell you, hell no it's not nice...it's hot as a muthafucka, more so than a bike. I threw away the soft top and got the bikini top and no doors, and after about a week of driving in the heat and humidity, I was sweating like a dog...

something I learned when I entered the JEEP community..

J-ust
E-mptied
E-very
P-enny

nothing in the Jeep world is cheap....and they arent the most reliable vehicles out there unless you really take care of it and know what you are doing.

I wont say that I didnt have any fun, I was so excited when I was working on it, and hanging with other Jeep guys, but after a good solid month, I decided it wasnt really what I expected, you have to get a good lockbox, because if you ever drive around without your top or doors, you gotta lock EVERYTHING up....I had to buy a tuffy lockbox and install my radio in it, because my first one got stolen in the Walmart parking lot.....

I dunno man, I think you just need some more riding friends...I remeber when Justin Cohen first got his bike, he barely got any riding time in and the newness wore off and he wanted to get rid of it, but once it got warm and we were all able to ride, he'd never think of selling it.

nothing more fun than rolling up somewhere on the bike and having every person there wishing it was them.

and dude, you're gonna get hurt sooner or later.....you just gotta realize it and lifes too short to be worried about it, just watch your surroundings and ride on