PDA

View Full Version : So here we are...Income tax return time!!!

quickdodge®
01-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Let's read it. What do you guys have planned for your returns? Later, QD.

ludeguy420
01-23-2012, 01:18 PM
wish i could spend them on my car but we are tring to buy a house so its already spent

Dylan
01-23-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm definitely getting my car repainted with mine, and whatever I have left over I'm paying off bills with.

Bacon
01-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Buying just a couple of things for the car and the rest goes to a new place to live and school.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk.

B18c1Turboed
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Paying my truck off... And a mini vacation with the wife :)

RL...
01-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Savings account.

Echonova
01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I plan on cashing mine and keeping it in a coffee can on top of the fridge, right side, towards the back.

allmotor-teg
01-23-2012, 01:58 PM
save some and go to miami for couple of day!! nothing for car.

Skorcher
01-23-2012, 01:59 PM
We'll see if I get any back. Ever since I got married a few years ago we've owed every time.

quickdodge®
01-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Forgot to put mine.

Putting down payment on newer car, buying a couple of NOS parts for the CVCC (roll door center console and hatch emblem), getting the radio rewired with satellite built in in the CVCC, getting granite counter tops (with under mount granite sink) and getting all new stainless appliances for kitchen.

Can't wait. Later, QD.

Dylan
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Forgot to put mine.

Putting down payment on newer car, buying a couple of NOS parts for the CVCC (roll door center console and hatch emblem), getting the radio rewired with satellite built in in the CVCC, getting granite counter tops (with under mount granite sink) and getting all new stainless appliances for kitchen.

Can't wait. Later, QD.

So you decided to do the radio instead of getting the seats redone?

1MP0RTL0V3R
01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Depending how much I get, Paint the car. The rest going into savings or maybe all is going into savings maybe a bit will be spent on getting something for my mother.

Vteckidd
01-23-2012, 02:16 PM
I owe $16000, so im not buying shit.

Thanks

allmotor-teg
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I owe $16000, so im not buying shit.

Thanks

dang i dont blame you for not buying shit.

alpine_aw11
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
I have no idea. It's tempting to do a few things to the car but I could also keep it stock and have a few months rent. Decisions, decisions....

quickdodge®
01-23-2012, 02:19 PM
So you decided to do the radio instead of getting the seats redone?

I believe so. No radio in there for 5+ years.

I owe $16000,

Damn. That's how much I get back. Later, QD.

thesammy
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I'll find out if I owe or get any this time. I'm am considered independent contractor at 1 job, and my other 2 or just regular. If I get anything back it'll be toward my new wheels/tires set up.

Vteckidd
01-23-2012, 02:25 PM
10-99, single male, no children, head of household, self employed=IRS RAPING.

I'm prob gonna stick all the money in a 401k /Roth because I believe they can't tax it then.

Creative accounting is a must.

I gotta add up my deductions see if I can whittle it down some.

green91
01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Not paying in, not getting shit back. Im ok!

DarKStaR
01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Putting just a little bit torwards a new bottom end for the integra so i can get back racing. The rest is going torwards bills and paying back what ive had to pay out to get into my wife and I's new house.

bu villain
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Damn. That's how much I get back. Later, QD.

Sounds like someone needs to update their W-4

quickdodge®
01-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Sounds like someone needs to update their W-4

Why's that? Later, QD.

jtdb8
01-23-2012, 04:04 PM
i dont know what i will do. i want new wheels but then again i dont want to spend anymore money. but i do know i will save most of mine. "rainy day fund'. you never know what will break in the house or on the car. one thing is good though is my wife worked this year, so that will be a lil extra coming back. yayaya

David88vert
01-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Forgot to put mine.

Can't wait. Later, QD.

I have a great granite countertop guy if you need one. I can send you photos of what he did with my house.

My refund pays my car insurance every year. Any left over goes to pay bills.

quickdodge®
01-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I have a great granite countertop guy if you need one. I can send you photos of what he did with my house.

A PM resides in your inbox. Pics would be nice if you have some handy, if you'd like to include them in any response to the PM. Thanks. Later, QD.

blaknoize
01-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I have yet to receive a tax return.

Scotsman
01-23-2012, 04:45 PM
I plan on cashing mine and keeping it in a coffee can on top of the fridge, right side, towards the back.noted

Browning151
01-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Payoff the new bedroom furniture I just had to buy, anything left going toward paying for a wedding. No new toys this year.

Scotsman
01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
im gettin back in the EF game , new carpet (2 dawgs nails drive me nuts) , finishing sleeve

Scotsman
01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Payoff the new bedroom furniture I just had to buy, anything left going toward paying for a wedding. No new toys this year.your soon to be wife got one..................

Vteckidd
01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I love how everyone says "wheels for my car " or some other bullshit LOL

Spend tax refund on heavily depreciating asset

If you can't afford to "buy dope wheelz " on regular salary, probably shouldn't buy with your tax return.

My. 02

Vteckidd
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Just saying be smart with it don't blow it on something no one is gonna give 2 shits about 6 weeks from now .

I'm looking at possibly being unemployed in 2 months so I'm saving like crazy just in case

quickdodge®
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
If you can't afford to "buy dope wheelz " on regular salary, probably shouldn't buy with your tax return.

I can. I just choose not to. Of course my car is also going to be with me for years to come and a "restoration." Later, QD.

Vteckidd
01-23-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm just sayin I see a lot of people prob who don't make a ton of money talking about blowing it on something for their 95 civic.

Not smart, save it, invest it, etc

quickdodge®
01-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm just sayin I see a lot of people prob who don't make a ton of money talking about blowing it on something for their 95 civic.

Not smart, save it, invest it, etc

I agree. I was once one of that type of person. Couldn't wait for income taxes just to blow it all in a day. But now I'm in a position to not really worry about saving everything (I do have my 401K and Roth and such) and I'm just slowly fixing up my house and spending it more on stuff that's really worthwhile to the whole family and not just myself. Later, QD.

Julio
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Absolutly nothing. I need nothing. Savings. Stack my riches..lmao.. No, but seriously, I'm with Vteckidd.. Be smart.

teh bri
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
save some and go to miami for couple of day!! nothing for car.

I'm going to Miami too, then PCB for Spring Break.

Browning151
01-23-2012, 05:54 PM
your soon to be wife got one..................

lol

blaknoize
01-23-2012, 06:03 PM
10-99, single male, no children, head of household, self employed=IRS RAPING.

I'm prob gonna stick all the money in a 401k /Roth because I believe they can't tax it then.

Creative accounting is a must.

I gotta add up my deductions see if I can whittle it down some.

GOD! Where does "owing" money come from? I thought my 1500 was alot.

Scotsman
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I have yet to receive a tax return.shocker

Absolutly nothing. I need nothing. Savings. Stack my riches..lmao.. No, but seriously, I'm with Vteckidd.. Be smart.coming from , someone who doesnt have to work................lol

I'm going to Miami too, then PCB for Spring Break.typical tween ,lol

GOD! Where does "owing" money come from? I thought my 1500 was alot.1500 , will buy you an axle on here

jtdb8
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I agree. I was once one of that type of person. Couldn't wait for income taxes just to blow it all in a day. But now I'm in a position to not really worry about saving everything (I do have my 401K and Roth and such) and I'm just slowly fixing up my house and spending it more on stuff that's really worthwhile to the whole family and not just myself. Later, QD.

Yes. Saving is always the first thing. Have to look after the fam and house first. I was just looking out side and I have to get someone to stop this river from flowing across my driveway and yard. Pluss I would like a small shop behind the house to do some side work after work.

Echonova
01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
In all seriousness... I lost my ass (and all faith) in the market.

I'm stacking hard currency for what's coming soon (it's inevitable), tax return will only be a small addition to that. The only debt I still have is my house, and hyper-inflation will make that easier to pay off.

If for some reason I'm wrong... I still can't lose.

Echonova
01-23-2012, 06:20 PM
GOD! Where does "owing" money come from? I thought my 1500 was alot.When you're 10-99 you don't pay taxes until you file. Usually it helps if you do it quarterly, but most people have no idea how much you pay in taxes, only what you "net".

When you get money back, it means you lent the Government money tax-free (over-paid) for a year. Shame they won't return the favor if the roles are reversed.

Browning151
01-23-2012, 06:34 PM

I'm stacking hard currency for what's coming soon (it's inevitable), tax return will only be a small addition to that. The only debt I still have is my house, and hyper-inflation will make that easier to pay off.

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpg

JK, But in all seriousness, some major inflation is gonna be coming with the gov't pumping out money like it has been.

David88vert
01-23-2012, 06:40 PM

In every transaction (market or otherwise), there are winners and losers. If someone increases their wealth, someone else has lost some. The trick is to maximize your advantage in any transaction, and you can do that at any point - it does not matter if the market is moving up or down. Look for any transaction where it is undervalued.

Julio
01-23-2012, 06:41 PM
shocker

coming from , someone who doesnt have to work................lol

typical tween ,lol

1500 , will buy you an axle on here

Who me ? I wish ...

Scotsman
01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Who me ? I wish ...smh , re read the thread

Echonova
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
In every transaction (market or otherwise), there are winners and losers. If someone increases their wealth, someone else has lost some. The trick is to maximize your advantage in any transaction, and you can do that at any point - it does not matter if the market is moving up or down. Look for any transaction where it is undervalued.The old way the market worked, I would agree. But now that the government picks the winners and losers... Nothing the stock market does makes sense to me anymore. I truly believe they are doing nothing but preparing to steal your wealth in order to pad their pockets when it all comes tumbling down. Look at the debt America and the European countries have racked up... There is not enough money in the world to pay that off. I do not however, subscribe to the Chinese ending up owning everything. I think they are in just as bad shape as we are, but since they are a Communist dictatorship their books are not open like ours are.

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpgLOL, not too far from the truth. And I'm OK with that.

Julio
01-23-2012, 07:46 PM
smh , re read the thread

I know man.l wishful thinking, that's all.

David88vert
01-23-2012, 07:54 PM
The old way the market worked, I would agree. But now that the government picks the winners and losers... Nothing the stock market does makes sense to me anymore. I truly believe they are doing nothing but preparing to steal your wealth in order to pad their pockets when it all comes tumbling down. Look at the debt America and the European countries have racked up... There is not enough money in the world to pay that off. I do not however, subscribe to the Chinese ending up owning everything. I think they are in just as bad shape as we are, but since they are a Communist dictatorship their books are not open like ours are.

LOL, not too far from the truth. And I'm OK with that.

It doesn't make a difference who is in power. The transactions are just a movement of power from one individual or group to another, and the power is just the ability to get others to do what you wish. The transactions still exist, and you have to look for ways to take advantage of them. The debt of countries does not matter in this case, as you can look for way to take advantage of transactions anywhere in the world. Even if the entire world's economy partially collapsed, that is just an opportunity to get investments under their normal value. Look for any transaction, in or out of the market, that you can gain something that is currently undervalued, but is unlikely to stay undervalued long-term.

Echonova
01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Partial collapse? If America goes, who will (or can) save us??? Don't misunderstand... America will still be here (I'm not THAT crazy). But financially as a country we are headed down a road that only leads over a cliff. More over, for the righteous indignation of the selfish generation that has been raised, will make sure of it.

So while macro-economic theories still hold water, most people will be just looking for food. Never fear though... Our Government is sure to take control of the emergency and implement measures "for our own good".

Echonova
01-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Thread jack successful.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/fallout_3.jpg

Revmaynard
01-23-2012, 08:35 PM
^ Now go take out the Behemoth inside! lolol

But I'll probably buy a car to flip and then pocket a little more than I had. lol It'll most likely be my maintenance/insurance fund for the year otherwise.

Vteckidd
01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
GOD! Where does "owing" money come from? I thought my 1500 was alot.

I'm 10-99 subcontractor, I bill hourly rate $XX/HR, they pay me after I invoice, I'm responsible for paying all taxes.

Figure $16000ish cause I'm in the 15-20% bracket. Reverse math you can figure my income.

Vteckidd
01-23-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm waiting for the market to tank again so I can buy up , guns blazing. The govt will never let us fail, they'll just hyper inflate

Owning stocks at 7000 is awesome because we all know its going to 12000 again

If I had more liquid cash I'd buy real estate but I'm holding around 30k backup. Keeping debt low, no house or car payment. Dumping money in aggressive mutual funds, fingers crossed I can parachute out in 10 years with 300-500k

Echonova
01-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.Truth.

Vteckidd
01-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Haha good quote.

Young guys take it from old fucks like us. 10 years from now you'll barely remember your spring break trip to Miami, your dope ass rotas, etc

Pocket the cash, FUCK YOUR FRIENDS CAUSE THEY ARE LOSERS, and better yourself. Go to school, pay off bills whatever's.

Every year you get older it gets harder to change your situation. Most friends you have at 18-25 you wont have later on.

:)

Love, the 30 year old who wishes he could kick his 18 year old selfs ass.

David88vert
01-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Partial collapse? If America goes, who will (or can) save us??? Don't misunderstand... America will still be here (I'm not THAT crazy). But financially as a country we are headed down a road that only leads over a cliff. More over, for the righteous indignation of the selfish generation that has been raised, will make sure of it.

So while macro-economic theories still hold water, most people will be just looking for food. Never fear though... Our Government is sure to take control of the emergency and implement measures "for our own good".

The world has tied into the US economic system. The US is still the world's strongest ecomony by far. Even with a partial collapse, the entre world would suffer the same, and the US would recover more quickly than any other nation. Just look at the housing bubble, that is small scale. The better areas lost less value, and recover quicker.
Holding onto paper money is one of the worst ideas - it makes no interest for you, and it is one of the easiest things to devalue. Gold is so high, that it has only one way to go - down in value.

Look at history, specifically the Great Depression. IF we came to that again, look at what was of value - land and purchased goods. People grew their own food, but would trade their land in small parcels for goods that they needed. Notice that it was only about 10 years - that is a short time in the stock market. Invest in undervalued items - anything that is likely to go up in value and become more desireable.

David88vert
01-24-2012, 06:28 AM
I'm waiting for the market to tank again so I can buy up , guns blazing. The govt will never let us fail, they'll just hyper inflate

Owning stocks at 7000 is awesome because we all know its going to 12000 again

If I had more liquid cash I'd buy real estate but I'm holding around 30k backup. Keeping debt low, no house or car payment. Dumping money in aggressive mutual funds, fingers crossed I can parachute out in 10 years with 300-500k

Bingo. When the stock market started dropping, I started buying as much as I could afford.
People that started dumping their stocks when it started dropping lost on the market, as they bought high, and sold low. You never want to do that.

$300-500K in the market is not even close enough to retire. Don't forget that inflation will devalue your money. You should target to have 80% annually of your current income available to you when you retire. In other words, if you make $100K now, you want to be able to spend $80K/yr in retirement, and have enough to make it to the end of your life. With the way medicines and lifestyles are lengthening lives, you may want to target pretty old age. My grandmother is 96 and her hair just started to turn grey in the last 2 years, and will easily make 100+.
I'm thinking that you will need closer to $2 mil to be ready to fully retire.

David88vert
01-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Haha good quote.
Every year you get older it gets harder to change your situation.

So true.

Vteckidd
01-24-2012, 07:39 AM
300-500k goes.A LONG WAY in the Cayman islands :p

I'd start some local business and just enjoy that. Plus I have some other investments I could live off, I'd just retire from the US.

In all actuality I won't be where I want to be until I'm prob 45-50

Vteckidd
01-24-2012, 07:41 AM
I never bought into the gold hype, although I would have loved to have owned it at $500-800 an OZ.

Right now I can think of better investments for me

Boosting EG
01-24-2012, 07:43 AM
payoff bills and pay for wife school

Echonova
01-24-2012, 08:03 AM
I never bought into the gold hype, although I would have loved to have owned it at $500-800 an OZ.

Right now I can think of better investments for meSilver has actually done better than Gold as far as a return, and the stock market does better than both traditionally in the long term. I also plan on buying back in when the market is low, however I think we are far from the bottom.

Brett
01-24-2012, 10:11 AM
My plan is to save it!!!

bu villain
01-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Why's that? Later, QD.

Well why wait to get your money?

Bacon
01-24-2012, 06:12 PM
I am actually buying another Accord to use as my project / DD. :D

STRteg
01-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Spending my refund on consensual sex and drugs....might not be in that order

Dylan
01-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Silver has actually done better than Gold as far as a return, and the stock market does better than both traditionally in the long term. I also plan on buying back in when the market is low, however I think we are far from the bottom.

Silver is definitely where it's at right now. Im stacking up on mine as we speak. I believe it's somewhere around $28 per oz and rising again.

quickdodge®
01-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Well why wait to get your money?

Why make no sense? Later, QD.

Mad Mike
01-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Nothing for the rides. Got to move in a few months so trying to save as much as possible.

BanginJimmy
01-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Love, the 30 year old who wishes he could kick his 18 year old selfs ass.

This would be me. My 18y/o self would be in a coma til he was 30 if I had my way.

BanginJimmy
01-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Silver is definitely where it's at right now. Im stacking up on mine as we speak. I believe it's somewhere around $28 per oz and rising again.

Watch platinum also. It took a huge hit and is trading $120/oz less than gold right now and that isnt going to last forever. Gold is highly overvalued right now because people think it is safe at any price. Also, when the consumer electronics market heats back up platinum will see more action.

Dylan
01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Watch platinum also. It took a huge hit and is trading $120/oz less than gold right now and that isnt going to last forever. Gold is highly overvalued right now because people think it is safe at any price. Also, when the consumer electronics market heats back up platinum will see more action.

I can't mess with that gold. The way that the demand has risen lately it scares me. It's almost too obvious that the value will drop drastically soon.

-EnVus-
01-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Guess im just glad no one has posted saying "I owe IRS instead" lol

DeeAOne
01-25-2012, 02:51 AM
I owed the past two years so hopefully this year will be different. I really want to put some money into the 323, as it's literally falling apart. The rest will probably be for bills, and hopefully enough to buy my lady something nice.

BanginJimmy
01-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Guess im just glad no one has posted saying "I owe IRS instead" lol

Im still waiting on a couple more pieces of info before I can start but I think I am going to owe a couple grand this year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

David88vert
01-25-2012, 06:17 AM
It's better to own the IRS, due to having budgeted for it, than to have given them a free loan, and have them owe you. My return is always pretty small, as I try to pay close to what I will owe - and not much more.

Theycall_Metue
01-25-2012, 08:44 AM
return is going for the wedding and honeymoon. better to invest in something you'll have forever than on something that can be stolen.

Theycall_Metue
01-25-2012, 08:46 AM
My return is always pretty small, as I try to pay close to what I will owe - and not much more.
i tried that and dosnt work out for me. its like the more you make the more you spend. i think of tax return as a saving account that cant be bother till beginning of the year.

dizzle
01-25-2012, 08:53 AM
going on a cruise :goodjob: yes, even after everything going on with the costa concordia "sinking". ordering parts for the new whip as well... ksport coilovers and wheels.

bu villain
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Why make no sense? Later, QD.

If you get a tax refund it means you overpaid throughout the year, hence my comment that you should update your W-4 so that you can not overpay taxes and wait for a refund.

PS. In real life, do you speak the same way you do online?

collins
01-25-2012, 04:55 PM
assuming i dont get fucked for having to file a 1099 along with my w2, that shit has to keep me afloat till i find another job or get the shop up and running... whatever comes first.

.blank cd
01-25-2012, 05:00 PM
If you get a tax refund it means you overpaid throughout the year, hence my comment that you should update your W-4 so that you can not overpay taxes and wait for a refund.

What he said bro.

Ever try calling up the IRS and asking them for a $16,000 interest free loan? Cause that's what they're doing to you.

"Hi, Mr. QD, it's the IRS. Mind if we borrow $16000 interest free? We'll give it back by April next year. Great! that's wonderful! Tell the fam uncle Sam said hey for me!"

quickdodge®
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM

I don't really get that much back. Regardless of what I get back, I don't really need you to tell me how I should handle my money and how I do what I do. Especially when you don't know me or my background in these areas. I also don't "wait for a refund." I don't need this money. Just nice to get.

I am a well educated person, so yes, I do speak like I type. Why? Later, QD.

alpine_aw11
01-25-2012, 06:40 PM
I love how everyone says "wheels for my car " or some other bullshit LOL

Spend tax refund on heavily depreciating asset

My. 02

It depends on how you look at it I guess. I do fine paying my bills on a regular basis but can't really afford(and dont necessarily want) to spend money on the car. It's just when you get that check and don't really need to save it, it can be nice to treat yourself a little. I'll definitely be buying something material with about half of mine. But you certainly make a valid point.

Julio
01-25-2012, 08:51 PM
It depends on how you look at it I guess. I do fine paying my bills on a regular basis but can't really afford(and dont necessarily want) to spend money on the car. It's just when you get that check and don't really need to save it, it can be nice to treat yourself a little. I'll definitely be buying something material with about half of mine. But you certainly make a valid point.

Pretty pathetic excuse...however, your Mula.. Party up sir !

MistaCee
01-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Painting my car tattoos and saving the rest

bu villain
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't really get that much back. Regardless of what I get back, I don't really need you to tell me how I should handle my money and how I do what I do. Especially when you don't know me or my background in these areas. I also don't "wait for a refund." I don't need this money. Just nice to get.

I apologize. Apparently I offended you by trying to give some friendly advice.

I am a well educated person, so yes, I do speak like I type. Why? Later, QD.

The car scene can be fairly small so I wouldn't be surprised if I ran into you at some point and now I have some insight into what kind of person you are. Thanks for clarifying.

quickdodge®
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM

I don't get offended by the internet. But I do see that I overreacted to your statement and I apologize for that.

The car scene can be fairly small so I wouldn't be surprised if I ran into you at some point and now I have some insight into what kind of person you are. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm actually curious as to what kind of person you think I am. Later, QD.

Sammich
01-27-2012, 06:29 AM
mainly saving...but gona pay myself a little bit and find a decent set of used coilovers for my beater

bu villain
01-27-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't get offended by the internet. But I do see that I overreacted to your statement and I apologize for that.

It's cool. That's one thing I hate about internet forums. Easy to misinterpret intent and demeanor.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm actually curious as to what kind of person you think I am. Later, QD.

I think we've belabored this enough but if you really want to discuss further feel free to PM me.

ruah_23
02-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Can anyone recommend somebody that do good with filing taxes. I've been using turbotax for the past 4 years and I'm getting screwed. This year, I put the w2 no in and I only get 58 bucks. And they took a lot on taxes last year..

Browning151
02-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Can anyone recommend somebody that do good with filing taxes. I've been using turbotax for the past 4 years and I'm getting screwed. This year, I put the w2 no in and I only get 58 bucks. And they took a lot on taxes last year..

I have a CPA I've used for years, he's higher than going to one of the chain places but my refunds have been consistently more than they were with the chain places. He's in Douglasville, don't know if you'd want to drive that far but I'll give you his info if you want it.

00CelicaGT
02-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Made 20k more then I did last yr so I'm pretty sure the IRS is gonna ram it up my ass. I got back $400 from state last yr and owed federal $25, can't win. either your dirt poor and get some cash, which at the end of the day your still poor or your living comfortably and giving more money then what you did all yr long. Honestly I'd rather just break even every yr, that means I paid Uncle Sam his share and I didn't over pay.

Sinfix_15
02-06-2014, 07:35 PM
owed $600 last year. expecting to be fucked equally this year since i made about the same.

0p7!mu5
02-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Roof repairs... definitely a fuckin roof repair.. Shingles are old as hell and gonna run me at least 6k to have someone redo the whole thing. A patch would be nice. Outside of that more tools. Can't go wrong there!

roxie911
02-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Paying off a credit card and then putting the rest towards what I owe on my car.

.blank cd
02-10-2014, 12:51 PM
I got back $400 from state last yr and owed federal $25, can't win.Id call that a win in my book.

Roof repairs... definitely a fuckin roof repair.. Shingles are old as hell and gonna run me at least 6k to have someone redo the whole thing. A patch would be nice. Outside of that more tools. Can't go wrong there!

Paying off a credit card and then putting the rest towards what I owe on my car.
Sounds like y'all are getting too much back. Get your W2s fixed, and dump some money from your paychecks into a savings account. IRS wouldn't give you an interest free loan, so why give them one?

Vteckidd
02-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Prob owe close to $4500, 10-99 FTL

Got Milk?
02-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Mine has been deposited into my savings account. I'm far from cheap. I just don't have a desire for anything right now. Might end up redoing my kitchen cabinets.

QD is, or at least last time I checked, a truck driver. They make a killing if they want to. A hardcore trucker can net 250,000.00 or more in a year if they wish to. How he handles his return is his business.

Julio
02-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Lol.. My favorite time of the year..people running desperate to get their income tax money to blow away.. Silly silly.. Never loan the government your $$ interest free.. Payed closed to 18k in taxes, and will owe about $800 or so.. Some BS. Lol

BanginJimmy
02-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Paid about 16k in taxes last year, wife paid about 14k. Hopefully we get a couple grand back, but more likely we will be pretty close to even again this year.

As to what I will do with any return, thats an easy one, we are going to do some serious upgrades on the house. Master bath is going to be a complete gut job, Kitchen is going to get some new cabinetry and counter tops.

AFSil80
02-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Tax return is going to the bank. Spring bonus from work, however...gotta get those C5 brakes on my '66 Pontiac. ;)