JDM_p00ky
01-20-2012, 10:59 PM
IF U AROUND THE AREA B CAREFULSSSSSS

Dylan
01-21-2012, 05:24 AM
You only have to be careful if you're doing something illegal :goodjob:

David88vert
01-21-2012, 08:16 AM
That used to be true, but nowadays, if they think that they can get revenue from you, they will slap a bogus ticket on you.

Dylan
01-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah it happens in some places. I never fear the police where I live though.

Echonova
01-21-2012, 10:52 AM
OH SHIT!!! I GOTTA CHANGE WHERE I WAS GOING NOW!!!!! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2012, 11:28 AM
That used to be true,

It's still true. Later, QD.

silversol
01-21-2012, 04:08 PM
That used to be true, but nowadays, if they think that they can get revenue from you, they will slap a bogus ticket on you.

X2

David88vert
01-21-2012, 04:54 PM

Not really. I've seen too many BS tickets written on people who were doing nothing illegal, and should not have been pulled over. I've beaten several of them myself in the past. Not all cops are honest, and not all cops are corrupt. There are good ones and bad ones. Ever hear of "padding the tab"?

green91
01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
thank goodness i checked the WL last night for roadblock threads before i hit the road

RandomGuy
01-21-2012, 05:31 PM

http://rt.com/news/us-drone-police-privacy-251/

http://reason.com/blog/2008/10/23/puppycide-in-oklahoma

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/101226.html#more-101226

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/08/chicago-district-attorney-recording-bad-cops_n_872921.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkBbAdySNc

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=38005

http://reason.com/archives/2008/03/18/another-drug-raid-nightmare

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-police-involved-shootings-1023-20111022,0,2860489,full.story

I disagree, you still have something to worry about to some degree. Although many are corrupt, compared to cops in some other countries they're angels. So I guess understanding the issue and acting so it doesn't affect you would be a good course of action? A lot of good cops, some bad ones- I don't think the cops themselves are the issue, I think it's the enforcement of the rules that cops have to play by.

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Not really. I've seen too many BS tickets written on people who were doing nothing illegal, and should not have been pulled over. I've beaten several of them myself in the past. Not all cops are honest, and not all cops are corrupt. There are good ones and bad ones. Ever hear of "padding the tab"?

I disagree, you still have something to worry about to some degree.

I guess I've just always been lucky. I've never ran into an asshole cop and I've never had one these "bogus" tickets levied against me. Trust that I've had more than my fair share of citations in my days, but I will aver that they were all, and I mean ALL, deserved by me. Also, before anyone says it, well over half of these tickets have been courtesy of Dekalb or Fulton County and in some sort of modified car.

I don't think the cops themselves are the issue, I think it's the enforcement of the rules that cops have to play by.

I would agree with this, though. Later, QD.

David88vert
01-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Here's an example. I've had a Gwinnett PD pull me over and claim a taillight was out as his cause for stopping me, when we both knew that wasn't true. He then asked could he search my car, and I asked him why. He answered that he just wanted to see if I had anything illegal on me, or any stolen goods in my car. I refused his search, and he started to try to write me a ticket of a taillight out. I turned my lights on, and asked him to show me the taillight that was out - both worked fine. He then tried to claim it was a brakelight. I quickly shoved a wrench on my brake pedal, and asked him to show me which was out. He got flustered, and told me to get in my car and leave. He walked back and left. Tell me that is ok. He was on a fishing expedition from the start. I had nothing to hide, but I knew my legal rights, and I exercised them.
Oh yeah, I was in a stock Ford Probe, not a modified car.
I've also been pulled over a couple of other times in that car, just so that they could check registration, and search the car. I always refuse searches, and I have never had anything to hide.

JDM_p00ky
01-21-2012, 10:14 PM
you get profiled for having a modified car now days period everywhere you go and everywhere you seen by a cop who havent had his list filled up!

JDM_p00ky
01-21-2012, 10:20 PM
and whats the WL thread? i want to know

thesammy
01-21-2012, 10:22 PM
I got pulled over in a roadblock riding with a friend (beat up old car) a few years ago. They accused us of having marijuana and smoking marijuana within the last 24hrs, which I have never smoked, and he hadn't in months, or had any in that car ever (only 1 month since he got it).

They searched the car and held us up for a half hour until they told us "get the hell out of here"

They just saw a couple of young guys and profiled us, hoping to find something good.

Thanks for the heads up.

JDM_p00ky
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
when i was 16 i was driving a navigator my mom had giving me to drive not to keep so i would be driving around and i promise you no shit the cop had someone pulled over and i was in a turning lane he just saw me that i saw him and he just let the person and got in his car got behind me and pulled me over in a process of 30-seconds to 1 minute he got me out of the car called back up ask me "do you have any type of drugs residue anything a bag with nothing on it anything if you tell me the truth i will just let you go with a ticket if i find it i will take you to jail and give you hell for lying to me so i called my mom and i told her to call my lawyer because this guys were actually being dicks and shit
so i the cop told me to get off the phone and i said no i was on the phone with my lawyer so my lawyer said to tell him to give me a ticket so we can settle this at court the cops just let me go but my lawyer was not done yet so told me to get the badge number and everything i still got it that the cop got a written warning my lawyer did all the paperwork and it was for harassing me for no reason

silversol
01-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Here's an example. I've had a Gwinnett PD pull me over and claim a taillight was out as his cause for stopping me, when we both knew that wasn't true. He then asked could he search my car, and I asked him why. He answered that he just wanted to see if I had anything illegal on me, or any stolen goods in my car. I refused his search, and he started to try to write me a ticket of a taillight out. I turned my lights on, and asked him to show me the taillight that was out - both worked fine. He then tried to claim it was a brakelight. I quickly shoved a wrench on my brake pedal, and asked him to show me which was out. He got flustered, and told me to get in my car and leave. He walked back and left. Tell me that is ok. He was on a fishing expedition from the start. I had nothing to hide, but I knew my legal rights, and I exercised them.
I've also been pulled over a couple of other times in that car, just so that they could check registration, and search the car. I always refuse searches, and I have never had anything to hide.

I have not been pulled over in several years in gwinnett. I was pulled over in my 1967 ford mustang for a tail light being out i was about 20 at the time me and my buddy were going to grab a burger for dinner when i was pulled over. For the same reason a tag light being out, He walks up and hand him my licence and insurance car, he shines his flash light in my back seat as see's my base ball bat.

He asked me whats the base ball bat for some one talking lip? I told him its for baseball. he then asked if i would consent to a search of my vehicle. I told him being pulled over for a tail light does not give you probable cause to search me. Note I have no criminal record besides a few trafic tickets on my record at the time.

He walks back to his cruser and comes back,

Cop= we have a problem Mr XXX

me= And what would that be officer?

Cop= who is the registerd owner of the vehicle

Me= I am the registed owner?

cop= who owned it before you?

Me= It was in my fathers name over 3 years ago?

Cop= Well the tag said this vehicle is registerd to a anna hathaway out of cobb county!

Me Sir There is no way I know my tag has a gwinett county sticker Let me reach in my glove box and hand you the registration with my name and address with the gwinett county address on it.

Cop=Oh No dont worry about that just call the dmv tommorow.

So I call the dmv And yes the car was registerd to me, The cop lied to me to see how i was going to react after i would not allow him to search my vehicle, And no my tail light or break light was not out. He saw a young guy in a nice classic car and might have thought i was a drug dealer or something.

thesammy
01-21-2012, 10:35 PM
I got pulled over in a roadblock riding with a friend (beat up old car) a few years ago. They accused us of having marijuana and smoking marijuana within the last 24hrs, which I have never smoked, and he hadn't in months, or had any in that car ever (only 1 month since he got it).

They searched the car and held us up for a half hour until they told us "get the hell out of here"

They just saw a couple of young guys and profiled us, hoping to find something good.

Thanks for the heads up.

I forgot to mention we had been pulled over no more than 5 minutes before the road block in the same county in a different car for no reason, and the cop pulled the driver out and question him and accused him of smoking too.

silversol
01-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Also another time I was pulled over I was in a modified honda I have not had a ticket in anyother car besides my modified delsol. This is part of the reason I will never own Another modified honda becase yes they are profiled. This was in 2005 I was 20 at the time. I had not driven this car in 6 months! Yes i still have a valid tag and valid insurance on it, After my last ticket in this vehicle i decided to put it away and drive my mustang, Yes i deserved the last speeding ticket in question but I had just the speeding ticket and a window tint ticket on my record.

And buddy came over on sunday night, we decided to go to waffle house at about 1030 pm and most everything is closed, My buddy said lets take your delsol I didnt see the hard going 2 miles there and the 2 miles back. Im driving doing exactly the speed limit of 40 mph on a 4 lane road Im in the left lane expecting to make a left turn in less than half a mile. I see in my mirror a cop in the right lane next to me kinda staying behind me in my blind spot, And first i thought im not doing anything wrong.

Then I just knew I was going to be pulled over, I told my buddy we are about to get pulled over and my buddy told me not to be paranoied. I flip my signal for the left turn into the waffle house. He hits the light and sirens and ducks in behind me, I turn my dome light on and park in a spot in a empty . And i have my licence and insurance card ready for the officer.

Cop= Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me+ no sir
Cop= you got a tag light out and i think your window tint is to dark. canI see your licence and insurance
me= I hand him both
cop= Sit tight
me= yes sir

The cop comes back Where you heading sir.
me right here to the walffle house
Cop= At almost 11pm on a sunday night?
Me= yes sir there is not much else open right now.
Cop= Would you let me take a look around in the vehicle?
Me= I dont think pulling me over for a taglight and window tint gives you proable cause to search me so no sir.
Cop= Sit tight

He is back there for almost 20 mins Im telling my buddy something is not right I just know he is going to try and find a reson to search me or arrest me
buddy say to chill im just being paranoid as the officer walks back up.

Cop Mr XXX Im going to need you to step out of the car.
Me Yes sir and I step out.
cop= hands on the trunk
Me= I put my hands on the trunk, I ask the officer what the problem is?
Cop= Your licence is suspended
Me= Sir that is im possable I had just had it renewed on monday what does it say my licence is suspended for?
Cop= I dont know.
The officer then searches my person. And I think im about to be arrested. the officer took my licence and made me sign a form saying he took my licence?
he then tells me to get in my car and go strait home. I ask him should my friend drive my car Since you say my licence is "suspended" the cop replies no just
go strait home. I get in my car and i am very upset over this becase I know my licence is not suspended.

The next day I take off work and have a friend drive me to the dmv, I wait for hours just to find out no my licence is not suspended that the officer was "mistaken" So then I had to pay again for another licence after paying to having payed to have it renued the week before. This is the second time a gwinnett county police office has bold faced lied to me!

Please dont take this as bashing the police the police have helped me in the past and I have met several great police officers, But the two i have had bad experiances with still make me nervious when I see them behind me even when I know im doing nothing wrong, Now that im older almost 27 they dont look at me. But when both of these incidences happend I was 20 and a "white" clean cut collage student. I was not covered in tats or piercings i was not dressed like a thug and I was always well spoken with the officers. And I was still treated like a criminal.

Pazattack86
01-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Also another time I was pulled over I was in a modified honda I have not had a ticket in anyother car besides my modified delsol. This is part of the reason I will never own Another modified honda becase yes they are profiled. This was in 2005 I was 20 at the time. I had not driven this car in 6 months! Yes i still have a valid tag and valid insurance on it, After my last ticket in this vehicle i decided to put it away and drive my mustang, Yes i deserved the last speeding ticket in question but I had just the speeding ticket and a window tint ticket on my record.

And buddy came over on sunday night, we decided to go to waffle house at about 1030 pm and most everything is closed, My buddy said lets take your delsol I didnt see the hard going 2 miles there and the 2 miles back. Im driving doing exactly the speed limit of 40 mph on a 4 lane road Im in the left lane expecting to make a left turn in less than half a mile. I see in my mirror a cop in the right lane next to me kinda staying behind me in my blind spot, And first i thought im not doing anything wrong.

Then I just knew I was going to be pulled over, I told my buddy we are about to get pulled over and my buddy told me not to be paranoied. I flip my signal for the left turn into the waffle house. He hits the light and sirens and ducks in behind me, I turn my dome light on and park in a spot in a empty . And i have my licence and insurance card ready for the officer.

Me+ no sir
Cop= you got a tag light out and i think your window tint is to dark. canI see your licence and insurance
me= I hand him both
cop= Sit tight
me= yes sir

Me= I dont think pulling me over for a taglight and window tint gives you proable cause to search me so no sir.
Cop= Sit tight

He is back there for almost 20 mins Im telling my buddy something is not right I just know he is going to try and find a reson to search me or arrest me

cop= hands on the trunk
Me= Sir that is im possable I had just had it renewed on monday what does it say my licence is suspended for?
Cop= I dont know.
The officer then searches my person. And I think im about to be arrested. the officer took my licence and made me sign a form saying he took my licence?
he then tells me to get in my car and go strait home. I ask him should my friend drive my car Since you say my licence is "suspended" the cop replies no just
go strait home. I get in my car and i am very upset over this becase I know my licence is not suspended.

The next day I take off work and have a friend drive me to the dmv, I wait for hours just to find out no my licence is not suspended that the officer was "mistaken" So then I had to pay again for another licence after paying to having payed to have it renued the week before. This is the second time a gwinnett county police office has bold faced lied to me!

Please dont take this as bashing the police the police have helped me in the past and I have met several great police officers, But the two i have had bad experiances with still make me nervious when I see them behind me even when I know im doing nothing wrong, Now that im older almost 27 they dont look at me. But when both of these incidences happend I was 20 and a "white" clean cut collage student. I was not covered in tats or piercings i was not dressed like a thug and I was always well spoken with the officers. And I was still treated like a criminal.

cool story bro

silversol
01-21-2012, 11:36 PM
cool story bro

Cool fad forum slogan bro.

-EnVus-
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM

Me+ no sir
me= I hand him both
cop= Sit tight
me= yes sir

Cop= Sit tight

cop= hands on the trunk
Cop= I dont know.

Well first off if im correct on this....The new Law enforcement code requires another unit aka back up present when anything besides routine stops. Also You could have asked the officer you request another unit to accompany him during this search. Lastly id called and spoke to a code enforcing officer about him sending you home operating a vehicle with no Government or state issued license.

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2012, 08:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

when i was 16 i was driving a navigator my mom had giving me to drive not to keep so i would be driving around and i promise you no shit the cop had someone pulled over and i was in a turning lane he just saw me that i saw him and he just let the person and got in his car got behind me and pulled me over in a process of 30-seconds to 1 minute he got me out of the car called back up ask me "do you have any type of drugs residue anything a bag with nothing on it anything if you tell me the truth i will just let you go with a ticket if i find it i will take you to jail and give you hell for lying to me so i called my mom and i told her to call my lawyer because this guys were actually being dicks and shit
so i the cop told me to get off the phone and i said no i was on the phone with my lawyer so my lawyer said to tell him to give me a ticket so we can settle this at court the cops just let me go but my lawyer was not done yet so told me to get the badge number and everything i still got it that the cop got a written warning my lawyer did all the paperwork and it was for harassing me for no reason

I have not been pulled over in several years in gwinnett. I was pulled over in my 1967 ford mustang for a tail light being out i was about 20 at the time me and my buddy were going to grab a burger for dinner when i was pulled over. For the same reason a tag light being out, He walks up and hand him my licence and insurance car, he shines his flash light in my back seat as see's my base ball bat.

He asked me whats the base ball bat for some one talking lip? I told him its for baseball. he then asked if i would consent to a search of my vehicle. I told him being pulled over for a tail light does not give you probable cause to search me. Note I have no criminal record besides a few trafic tickets on my record at the time.

He walks back to his cruser and comes back,

Cop= we have a problem Mr XXX

me= And what would that be officer?

Cop= who is the registerd owner of the vehicle

Me= I am the registed owner?

cop= who owned it before you?

Me= It was in my fathers name over 3 years ago?

Cop= Well the tag said this vehicle is registerd to a anna hathaway out of cobb county!

Me Sir There is no way I know my tag has a gwinett county sticker Let me reach in my glove box and hand you the registration with my name and address with the gwinett county address on it.

Cop=Oh No dont worry about that just call the dmv tommorow.

So I call the dmv And yes the car was registerd to me, The cop lied to me to see how i was going to react after i would not allow him to search my vehicle, And no my tail light or break light was not out. He saw a young guy in a nice classic car and might have thought i was a drug dealer or something.

Again, I must be lucky, then. I've never been pulled over for no reason. I've had my vehicle searched on a few occasions. Probable cause for search? I have some sort of slight "shaking" issue. It has nothing to do with being nervous as I do it in regular times, too. I have no medical reason to give any officer so they wonder I'm so nervous. They search, find nothing and I'm on my way. I literally do not see (or have happen to me) all this stuff you guys say you see.

you get profiled for having a modified car now days period everywhere you go and everywhere you seen by a cop who havent had his list filled up!

This is the tiredest thing I see when it comes to getting tickets. I've been getting pulled over since before you were born, homey. I've also been pulled over in modified cars (from low-riders to hot rods) since before your introduction to the world. Profiling was never the root cause. I've been pulled over in hoods and other places I "should not be." But I've always given a reason to be stopped. Everyone wants to blame their indiscretions on someone else. Later, QD.

00CiViC00
01-22-2012, 09:20 AM
im sorry but yall are killing me , i mean foreal come on with this "I swear i wasnt doing anything wrong to get pulled over BS"..... " their is no way he should have pulled my drunk ass over for driving on the sidewalk , i swear hes profiling"

David88vert
01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
I've gotten pulled over plenty of times where I deserved to be also. I'm not referring to those incidents. Those are fine and are reasonable. In this thread, I am only referring to simple examples of blatent disregard for the law by sworn police officers.

Getting pulled over at 3am while driving home from work, not swerving or sleepy or drunk, asking the officer why, and his stated reason for probable cause was, "Driving at 3am is probable cause", but that was another stop that was nothing more than a fishing expedition by Gwinnett PD. I did not get a ticket that time either, as I knew the law, and did not consent to a search of my car. That was also in the stock Probe

BTW - I have zero points on my license, so don't even think that they would have been able to run my tag and gotten back priors to have anything to base these stops on. My DMV report is clean.

I've been pulled over for "running a top sign" before, where I clearly came to a full stop for over 3 full seconds, let another car through, then had a local cop follow me about a mile, before he flipped on his lights. He accused me of running the stop sign, which I immediately denied. He then said that he was going to search my truck, which I refused. He claimed that he did not need my consent. I explained to him that although I was only 16 at the time, I knew the law, and that he had to have either my consent or a warrant. I asked him to call his supervisor, and he told me to have a nice day, and left.

There are plenty of cops out there that try to use the public's lack of knowledge concerning their legal rights to find a way to increase their arrest and ticket numbers.
Think of it this way. How do cops show that they are successful and move up the ladder to better paying positions? They have to show that they are good at their job. How is that evaluated? It's not by how many innocent people that they protect, or by how many people that they let go.
Now, ask yourself the same questions about judges. How do they move up to higher courts, or show themselves to be successful? Still think that the legal system is fair and balanced? Still think that they can be unbiased, when they have to work with the same cops and lawyers everyday? I've had a judge personally sit with me in his office and tell me honestly that he has to work with the same GSP troopers every week, and they are what brings in revenue to his county, so he will always take their word over any other evidence. Still think that you have a fair shot in a trial?

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2012, 10:38 AM
I've gotten pulled over plenty of times where I deserved to be also. I'm not referring to those incidents. Those are fine and are reasonable. In this thread, I am only referring to simple examples of blatent disregard for the law by sworn police officers.

I realize your references, David. I'm just saying that I must be lucky because I have never been pulled over for no reason. When I say never, I mean the literal sense of the word. And my head isn't clouded with blindness where I didn't "see" I was being pulled over for nothing. I have always known what I was doing wrong.

Still think that the legal system is fair and balanced?

Yes. I never said there wasn't flaws and errors and "mistakes" in our police. I'm just referring to my experiences and the fact that most people cry foul with the police just because. Later, QD.

00CiViC00
01-22-2012, 10:39 AM
oh i hear ya ,,, but i have to hear stories from the other side all the time . BOTH my parents are police officers , one retired from Smyrna , the other is about to retire from Cobb... so i just see their point of view also which makes me say what i did ....herd countless stories of my dad when he first was on the road having people flick him off while they pass him. and nedless to say dude got a ticket and a broken middle finger < true story

CSquared
01-22-2012, 10:41 AM

Getting pulled over at 3am while driving home from work, not swerving or sleepy or drunk, asking the officer why, and his stated reason for probable cause was, "Driving at 3am is probable cause", but that was another stop that was nothing more than a fishing expedition by Gwinnett PD. I did not get a ticket that time either, as I knew the law, and did not consent to a search of my car. That was also in the stock Probe

BTW - I have zero points on my license, so don't even think that they would have been able to run my tag and gotten back priors to have anything to base these stops on. My DMV report is clean.

I've been pulled over for "running a top sign" before, where I clearly came to a full stop for over 3 full seconds, let another car through, then had a local cop follow me about a mile, before he flipped on his lights. He accused me of running the stop sign, which I immediately denied. He then said that he was going to search my truck, which I refused. He claimed that he did not need my consent. I explained to him that although I was only 16 at the time, I knew the law, and that he had to have either my consent or a warrant. I asked him to call his supervisor, and he told me to have a nice day, and left.

There are plenty of cops out there that try to use the public's lack of knowledge concerning their legal rights to find a way to increase their arrest and ticket numbers.
Think of it this way. How do cops show that they are successful and move up the ladder to better paying positions? They have to show that they are good at their job. How is that evaluated? It's not by how many innocent people that they protect, or by how many people that they let go.
Now, ask yourself the same questions about judges. How do they move up to higher courts, or show themselves to be successful? Still think that the legal system is fair and balanced? Still think that they can be unbiased, when they have to work with the same cops and lawyers everyday? I've had a judge personally sit with me in his office and tell me honestly that he has to work with the same GSP troopers every week, and they are what brings in revenue to his county, so he will always take their word over any other evidence. Still think that you have a fair shot in a trial?

lol You guys all must be some shady looking mother fuckers.

GA Police are pussy cats compared to Nassau County in New York (in dickish-ness and sheer amount per mile). 5 years living in Gwinnett I was pulled over 5 times that I can recall, which I deserved, but I have only been ticketed once... Which I deserved... and they've never been particularly rude.

Lived 3 years of my driving age in NY (moved to GA at 18 and moved back for 2 years recently) and I've been ticketed in 2 out of 2 stops... and I totaled 4 tickets in between those 2 stops (both being complete dicks).

Never mind being at a train station parking lot where a bunch of tuners used to hang out and having that raided by 10-12 police who checked every single car on the way out of the lot... Never mind being at another meet and watching some special unit show up and check vins/engines on every honda in the lot (if I'm not mistaken they actually towed a few). And both of those meets were seriously just a "chill in the parking lot and check out each others cars" kind of thing (thankfully I was riding with someone else in both instances).

Look and be amazed at the Nassau County Police salaries: http://longisland.newsday.com/templates/simpleDB/?pid=173

So it's all a matter of perspective I guess, but I'd take Gwinnett over Nassau any day.

00CiViC00
01-22-2012, 10:43 AM
but i use to get followed all the time around paulding in my civic by cops ,to which i raised a question to my dad is that even legal,... and what he said everytime it happens to pull over and get his id / tag number and all it takes is a simple phone call to a supervisor and it will get him to stay atleast 10 inches off your bumper instead of 2,... they actually can get in trouble for following / riding your ass like they do

David88vert
01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
lol You guys all must be some shady looking mother fuckers.

I've never been accused of looking shady. I'm about the most clean cut looking person that you could meet.

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I've never been accused of looking shady. I'm about the most clean cut looking person that you could meet.

I vouch. He's never had the "hoodlum" look as long as I've known him. Later, QD.

David88vert
01-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I realize your references, David. I'm just saying that I must be lucky because I have never been pulled over for no reason. When I say never, I mean the literal sense of the word. And my head isn't clouded with blindness where I didn't "see" I was being pulled over for nothing. I have always known what I was doing wrong.

Yes. I never said there wasn't flaws and errors and "mistakes" in our police. I'm just referring to my experiences and the fact that most people cry foul with the police just because. Later, QD.

I agree that a lot of people cry foul when they were doing something wrong to begin with. I have just found that there are other instances also. Not all are mistakes or errors, some are intentional, but that is true in any business or industry, and the legal system is a business, and anywhere there are transactions, you will have some level of corruption and abuse in the system. That does not mean that all are bad though, obviously.
My reference earlier to "fair and balanced" is that officers and judges are based upon their success. One of the measureables of their success is the revenue generated by their work. Therefore, they have a conflict of interest by definition.

David88vert
01-22-2012, 12:11 PM
I vouch. He's never had the "hoodlum" look as long as I've known him. Later, QD.

I don't think that I could pull off the look very well. :-)

silversol
01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
oh i hear ya ,,, but i have to hear stories from the other side all the time . BOTH my parents are police officers , one retired from Smyrna , the other is about to retire from Cobb... so i just see their point of view also which makes me say what i did ....herd countless stories of my dad when he first was on the road having people flick him off while they pass him. and nedless to say dude got a ticket and a broken middle finger < true story

SO Your father the police officer assulted someone that was not a threat to him! Nice

silversol
01-22-2012, 12:39 PM
lol You guys all must be some shady looking mother fuckers. .

Far from It I feel my age at the time had alot to do it.

JDM_p00ky
01-22-2012, 12:43 PM
hey QD can u make like a special thread just on roadblocks? and speed traps?

Sunkenkarma
01-23-2012, 01:52 AM
hey QD can u make like a special thread just on roadblocks? and speed traps?

For what reason? lol. Don't be doing dumb shit, and you will drive right through a road block. I dont think we need a special thread for something like that xD.

metalmatt47
01-23-2012, 11:10 PM
I've only ever been pulled over once, and it was because I had no tag. I had purchased my truck only days before. I had the title and insurance info in the truck. Cop shrugged his shoulders and left.

I've never been pulled over after that.

Oh and by the way, my trucks straight-piped running only feet out of the manifold. And it's bright ass yellow. And it's a Datsun that draws attention.

Moral of the story, cops generally pull over someone who's drawn attention to themselves doing something dumb.