PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while thought I say hi to everyone and show off my current ride!

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Some might remember me, but used to drive a 350z that was mostly carbon fiber. Anyways, went through some unique rides throughout the years and now back in a Z car. Bought this last year and love it to death! It's my JDM 1990 Nissan FairLady Z32 VG30DeTT RHD. Its an auto, but I could careless. Love driving it. Also, its a true slick top twin turbo. No coversions or swaps. Has an 10 digit vin and is from japan. To answer some questions about if this was the car some might had seen on Craigslist for a few years. Yes, i bought it! Lmao. Been trough hell and back since my accident with my 350z. But,slowly getting back into the import world.
Here are some pics of my car. Enjoy!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/faf39951.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/d93907a9.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/67efc15a.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/43caea67.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/31f44f74.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/61ee36f6.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/157eef3f.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/2f99ad4e.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/lovenpain/1990%20Nissan%20Fairlady%20Z32/46097646.jpg

jdmitr
01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
i do like!!!!

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks bro! At this moment, waiting on my new radiator to come in. My current OEm POS has a pin hole leak! Just sucks cause I wished this happened when I had a lot of money to spend! Lol hate being broke!:)

RL...
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
This would be cool if it was a manual...the automatic ruined it for me.

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Sorry that being an automatic made it sucky car for you. At least I own a real Fairlady z! Lol

allmotor-teg
01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
i like the car man.

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks man. Hey do you know any s2k owners? I have couple parts I need to sell off. Lol

Pazattack86
01-19-2012, 02:29 PM
pm'd!! I own a s2k

Boosting EG
01-19-2012, 02:44 PM
nice car

d-man478
01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
very nice.

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks guys! Really appreciate the comments. Wish I could drive or converted to a manual, but due to a disability from my car wreck not able to consistently drive one daily. But she's a great car. And plenty enough power so far!:).
If there's ever a local meet, would like to one day come hang out.

creamer91
01-19-2012, 03:28 PM
true JDMness, auto just means it doesnt sucks to be in rush hour traffic =] lol but any plans for it?

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Well, I just installed turbo xs RFLs bovs (which so far sucks balls!), HKS ALC(which is make the transmission shift like manual!), cat back exhaust system, hard ic pipes, about to upgrade the radiator, have a new head unit to install. I am looking for a boost controller. And an apexi neo would be sweet too!

Pretty much keeping the stock appearance. I do need to replace the rear wing with a fiber glass one. It's bubbling up, which was like that when I bought the car. It's had 45k original miles the day I bought it! The guy gave me a brand new set of stock turbos, which I ended up selling to fund most of my recent mods. The interior is flawless! Everything about the car is totally cool. And was not molested at all throughout it's life! Now, that makes it an awesome find. Especially being a jdm TT slick top, which makes it super rare. The slick tops here in the us never came in a turbo version. And only a few were made in Japan as well.

SHHHH
01-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I like it, automatic and all. Good buy :goodjob:

Dylan
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Badass ride man! Just watch out:police:

thesammy
01-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Looks awesome, and it's clean. The only thing that stinks about auto is it isn't as fun to drive, I'm sure it's still quick though. Plus nothing like owning one of a kind.

CptWitwiki
01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
hell i like it auto or not... its pretty bad ass

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Really guys thanks so much! I had been in my own little world for a while. Trying to span out and be involved. Yeah, at first I was like"psh.. Auto?" but then I was also in disbelief about it actually being a true jdm RHD car. Became friends with the previous owner. Sold my s2000. Went up to see the car. Was totally blown away.! The manual idea can always be converted if I really wanted it. But I would do it in a heart beat if one, I had another daily beater, and if this car didn't come out to be a rare find. Being the low mileage and been maintained throughout it's life. It deserves to stay some what preserved. And I figured for the price I would spen converting to a manual, I could actually buy a US model and play with that! Lol all in all, very hAppy with the car so far. Even with it's ups and downs. I mean its a 21 years old car. I expect it have a few issues. Ya know? Lol

Genji-Sama
01-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Sucks d*** that it's auto, but it's still really BA, looks to be in mint condition too :goodjob:

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah it's pretty mint, still even has most of the labels that are Japanese. Even the tranny dip stick has the label still on it! Lol but thanks man or the comment. ;)

Bacon
01-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Nice car. I'd drive an automatic any day of the week. Actually been considering an auto Integra as my next car.

jonbuice5591
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
very nice ride man. i love autos to be honest. i drive a 95 integra sedan thats an auto. its still pretty fast too. i had a couple of manuals and like you said for a daily driver its painful. i used to race jr dragsters whenever i was younger and got into a wreck and have had back problems ever since so its very painful to switch gears all day everyday especially in traffic. but besides all of this its a very nice car..

quickdodgeŽ
01-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Nothing wrong with this being an automatic at all. Now the blacked out lenses, on the other hand............

Later, QD.

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 08:13 PM
very nice ride man. i love autos to be honest. i drive a 95 integra sedan thats an auto. its still pretty fast too. i had a couple of manuals and like you said for a daily driver its painful. i used to race jr dragsters whenever i was younger and got into a wreck and have had back problems ever since so its very painful to switch gears all day everyday especially in traffic. but besides all of this its a very nice car..

I totally relate with ya on back pain bro! I had a few surgical procedure after my accident. Now I have a spinal cord stimulator installed in my back. And have to take four types of pain meds oevery five hours a day for the rat of my life! Gdamn old bastard who hit me! I have to plug in and charge my batteries every other day. And carry a wireless remote to control my pain. Yeah, guy ruined my physical life. But hey, I am hear alive today , right? Lol

coolcat350z
01-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Nothing wrong with this being an automatic at all. Now the blacked out lenses, on the other hand............

Later, QD.
Ya know man, you just can't make everyone happy! Lmao! It's all good my friend.

Franco Tirador
01-19-2012, 11:01 PM
i hope you low balled the heck out of that guy on cl, everytime i would type "rhd" this car would be on the top results, "10k" lol

looks good, i think if you keep trans fluid (oem) and filter you should be good, sorry about your accident

coolcat350z
01-20-2012, 03:14 AM
Actually I didn't have to. He had a trust issues. But we've been chatting about family stuff through SMS. Turned out once he found out I was asain.. Lmfao he litterally gave me the keys and sold the car and also giving me a lot of awesome extras! But as in the accident. Yeah, can really race a any more, like SccA solo2, NASA, EVO school, etc. Things I loved doing, like running, carrying or holding my daughter. Yeah limited how much weighti am able to tolerate.
Anyways, it's all good man. I am still around today!;)
Does anyone know when's the next Import Showdown or some event in Georgia that's good show or event going on?

Apex i ITR
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey if you don't mind me asking how did you get it titled in GA? Is it at risk from the Federal government coming to snatch it like the R34's/EvoVII/S14/S15 Silvias that were sold a few years back

coolcat350z
01-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Nope, for one all the nasty importing papper work was already done before I bought it. But have all the paper work that shows and proves that it's legal. So titling it to my name was easy as just going to the tag office and ordering one.
Second, the insurance was a bit tricky. Luckily the previous owner had the same company as I did for car insurance. Which is State FARM. ALTHOUGH.. When switching it over was interesting. I had to show proof that it had passed inspection when it first arrived in the states. And had to have the initial emission test spec sheets as well. Which the previous owner had kept all of that with the car. Then the insurance company couldn't pull a car fax due to the 10 digit vin. So my personal agent marked it as a 2+2 NA to give me more of a discount on my policy. Which I thought was hilarious. He wanted to try to help me get any records or history. But only got what I had already had. All up to the moment it arrived into the states. I do have the info on what company brought it in, the original copy of it's first title. Documentation that backs up it's mileage. I actually have a connection in Canada, a guy out there going to sell me a few to some of my bros locally. All they need is proof of ownership! And man, they are cheap to bring em in from Canada vs Japan! They only Skyline that can cross over legal is the r33. r34 and r32 are illegal period! As long as the car has a sister car like the FairLady z32 and 300zx. Silvia are legal up to a certain model. For those know what company I use to be part owner of, know of the cars we had owned in the past. I don't get involved in illegal importation. Everything is by the book. Now what you do with the car is your business! Lol.
Thinking about to making a few investments then sell them for little profit. Had helped a few already with some cars getting them imported. All in all there are plenty of sites that are involved with importing cars in. Just depends how much you have to spend on one.

Julio
01-20-2012, 08:51 PM
What's up with your sig ?

Nice ride,

coolcat350z
01-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Hey man! It's been a while bro! Uhm. What do you mean? Is something messed up or is it too long?

green91
01-21-2012, 07:43 AM
If you've GOT to drive an auto, may as well have an Auto RHD Fairlady Z :) Car is in very good condition especially when you look at how most z32 look nowadays, not to mention low miles. Looks like a nice catch, and if youre inclined to swap to 5spd shouldnt be to hard later on.

CSquared
01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Car looks nice. I originally thought the blacked out tails were OEM.

As far as your sig, if you haven't owned them in over a year, delete that bs. ;)

coolcat350z
01-21-2012, 11:43 AM
If you've GOT to drive an auto, may as well have an Auto RHD Fairlady Z :) Car is in very good condition especially when you look at how most z32 look nowadays, not to mention low miles. Looks like a nice catch, and if youre inclined to swap to 5spd shouldnt be to hard later on.
That's what inam saying! 5 speed or manual conversion can be easily be done some where down the line. Thanks for the compliment!

Car looks nice. I originally thought the blacked out tails were OEM.

As far as your sig, if you haven't owned them in over a year, delete that bs. ;)
Thanks, i did own them over a year! And those where the toys! I have cars in between as well. Had to do some soul searching. Find what car that would make me feel right like my 350z did. I don't buy the same car twice. So never going to buy another 350z again. Funny how I ended back into a Z car. And finally feel right with the Z32. I am sure some can relate what I am talking about. Lol
Although, I did love driving that viper R/T 10!! Might get a secong gen eventually. But this time a GTS or ACR! Lol

CSquared
01-21-2012, 12:27 PM
You know I don't think id buy one but the older vipers seem to tank in value... not exactly a good dd but a great value.

coolcat350z
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah man, when I had mine it became a daily driver forba while. It started to wear me out. I had to either sell it and get into a more less of a hp and tq car. So far hadn't found any seats that as were as comfortable as my vipers! Omg, they were so nice! Was toying the idea of buyin a set to install in my 300zx. Don't know if is possible. But I do like my driver seat in my car now. It's been a while owning a vehicle with no leather seats. Lol

2turbo4u
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Love the car, never understood Nissan with the cloth on the dash and glove box yuck!

coolcat350z
01-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Well the cloth on the actual dash is a custom dash cover I had got made. But yeah tge tweed look is not my favorite at all! So yeahni agree with you on that! Lol

RUFFIAN
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your wreck. I hope the injuries are not permanent. I remember that all carbon Z. Very dope. Turbo and auto is a good thing. No drop in boost when shifting.

coolcat350z
01-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah man, I so miss that car. :( and yeah injuries are permanent. Part robot now! Lol Now have a pace maker. What's sad is the guy was 82 years old. Lived a full life. I just had a kid, two years into my wonderful marriage, and was climbing to the top with my Eros and finally got it in dub magazine. Now, I can run anymore, get near magnets, get an MRI, go through security gates( get internally electrocuted), and when I build my audio systems I have to have someone put it in or stay 4 feet away min otherwise my device goes crazy! Yeah, life flipped upside down for me. But I am thankful that I am alive! And that I am not yet paralyzed according to the doctors. And days like today where its rainy and cloudy. I can feel the rain co ing ten miles away! Lmfao. Also, I can only function normal as long as my device is on and I am doped up with meds.. Which are also internally killing me. So yeah, everyday is painful for me. :/

Fouad
01-27-2012, 09:05 AM
300zx's are of the greatest cars to ever exist in my opinion. i want one really bad hahaha

coolcat350z
01-27-2012, 09:59 AM
I know a guy tha has the same year and model like mine but a 2+2 t tops RHD for sale in Canada for $8500!