PDA

View Full Version : Help Please, 94, jdm h22a bogging and Code 1....

cody8899
01-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi I have a 1994 prelude with a h22a with a jdm p13 ecu, 5 sped
Bolt ons are Air intake, headers, hi flow cat, 2.5 inch catback exhaust.

With these mods do you suggest that I need a tune or better ecu? or upgraded fuel rail or FPR ??

I am asking because I have a slight bogging and a little bit of stuttering randomly but often and it happens in the lower RPMs around 2000-3500, and it happens most commonly when driving the car easy and going through the first 3 gears slowly.
If I floor it from first and go through the first few gears it goes with out stuttering but still seems like its not at full power vtec engages and works fine.

The car seems to run lean at lower rpms and rich at higher rpms, I have black sut and the exhaust pops at higher rpms when shifting.

It is not running rich enough to make smoke or any that ive noticed either.

I have do get a code 1 for o2 sensor but only if im flooring the pedal and it does not occur in first or second gears but will pull a code 1 in 3rd gear if im flooring it and going up a hill or if im at too low of a speed for the gear I am in.
Again Code 1 for OBD1 is the only code I have been given from the car.
And also I dont know if this is related but if I am to stall or turn off the car I can not start it again for atleast 20-30 secs or so
(I have red top optima battery also)
I have tried the following

Seafoam
Plugs and wires
distributor looks good and fairly new.
Checked for vacum leaks with some carb choke,
Headers checked for leaks as well as pipping around o2 sensor
Changed IAT sensor
Honda o2 sensor
I have actuly used 3 different o2 sensors 2 bosch and im useing currently I orderd from honda majestic
EGR is blocked off

Things I have not checked are Fuel rail fuel injectors FPR , but I doubt its these because I have no issues when I floor it or when at higher rpms and vtec

Could be MAP or TPS sensors also but then again I have no codes for them and my symptoms aren't that severe and my idle seems fine

Another thing that I suspect is that My ecu is a JDM p13 and I read they have more restrictions than the USDM p13

Thanks for any help or advice

EmminoDaGreat
01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Are you sure its a 1 and not a 10.

cody8899
01-17-2012, 10:26 PM
I had taken it to a mechanic when I first got the cel and he said it was a o2 sensor code and he checked the o2 sensor wires and said they were good.
I also thought it could have been code 10 but I replaced the IAT and still get the code.

EmminoDaGreat
01-17-2012, 10:32 PM
but what connector is plugged into it, wire colors.

white92lude
01-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Id try switching ecus. I fought a faulty ecu for awhile.

cody8899
01-18-2012, 12:26 AM
but what connector is plugged into it, wire colors.

The o2 sensor is a plug there was no wiring to be done unless your asking the color of the wires on the o2 sensor?

cody8899
01-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Id try switching ecus. I fought a faulty ecu for awhile.

Yea ive been told the part of the ecu that controls the o2 sensor or what not can short out or fry up or stop working properly
I would really like to hook up another ecu and see how it runs off of it

Did you have similar issues like mine with your faulty ecu?

EmminoDaGreat
01-18-2012, 12:54 AM
what are the colors of the wires for your iat, some people mix them up often.

cody8899
01-18-2012, 01:11 AM

ok thanks Il look in the morning and let you know, thanks

cody8899
01-18-2012, 10:59 AM

There is 2 wires, the top one is green the one under it is red/pinkish red color.