PDA

View Full Version : County Ordinance ticket!!!!!

Jtultra
03-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey guys me and my friend are in a little pickle. me and him were having a little fun in a school parking lot in that ice storm a couple weeks back. A cop caught us and only gave us trespassing tickets. The thing is our tickets......one had me driving my friends car and the other had him driving my car. AND to top it, he made me sign the one w/ him driving my car and my friend signed the one w/ me driving his car. the court date is Thursday. My question is, don't the tickets have to be 100% accurate to be valid? I was planning on going up there an saying that me and my friend were just changing a flat, would the judge believe us since OBVIOUSLY the cop is a moron? Is there a good chance the cop will show up? I'm flipping out about this because the ticket fee is $108 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Any advice would be great

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-05-2005, 07:17 PM
$108??? just pay it & be done with it.

Pebbles
03-05-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree

Negrodamus
03-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Pay it

Cliff
03-05-2005, 07:30 PM
pay it...don't go trying to make cops look like idiots when you know for a fact you were in the wrong...it just makes it worse for everyone

babygurl
03-05-2005, 07:42 PM
PAY IT, HE WILL LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOUR AN IDIOT

BufordŽ
03-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Go beat up some kids and get their lunch money, it's not worth it to try to fight it.

Cliff
03-05-2005, 08:22 PM
man i sure hope he wasn't lookin for us to say..."go fight it to the end and hope they'll drop it, dumb cops suck" cause wow....pretty overwhelming

David88vert
03-05-2005, 08:30 PM
go fight it to the end and hope they'll drop it, dumb cops suck

Well, someone had to say it, might as well be me ......

Cliff
03-05-2005, 08:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

Kristi
03-05-2005, 09:07 PM
i would just pay it - from the experiences i have heard of, the judges almost always rule with the cops - ask heather (the dumb no use of blinkers on a one way street ticket, lmao)

Jtultra
03-05-2005, 10:25 PM
well, like the problem is.....I don't have that money. but I've heard from alot of people that if the ticket isn't correct than it's invalid

Scrappy
03-05-2005, 10:28 PM
thats bullshit ;) atleast what ALOT of people say... but hey... pay the shit... dont have the money sell stuff, or have your friend pay for yours too... or go beg mommy and daddy

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-05-2005, 10:32 PM
if you go in there & try to prove the cop was in the wrong or something, it will more than likely blow up in your face & you could end up having to pay more...$108 isn't that much...i'm sure you can come up with it somewhere

HyPer50
03-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Just pay it... If all the cop gave you was a trespassing ticket when he obviously could of given you a ticket for more, just pay it... $108 isn't that much, it's not like your gonna lose your license over the ticket.

quickdodgeŽ
03-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I hate people that come on here all pissed off and cry about something they did, that was illegal and they get caught. Then, all of a sudden, they wanna try to fuck it over. You play, you pay. Later, QD.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-05-2005, 10:42 PM
damn qd, tell us how you really feel

Jtultra
03-05-2005, 10:45 PM
well like, I'm not really bitching. I'd just like to save a nudred bucks and use it on a powerFC or something. I want to just go up there and say that the person on that ticket isn't me but I signed it and see what they say.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-05-2005, 10:46 PM
& then your friend is going to say the same thing & the judge is going to say it was just a mistake on the cop's part, but you still have to pay...

Scrappy
03-05-2005, 10:49 PM
people make mistakes give the cop a damn break... they will notice on your court date if you dont pay it anyways... and yeah i think most of us on here have had to pay for things, not nessecarly tickets, but things we wanted to use money on something else... thats how shit goes... guess ya havent learned... shit sucks sometimes

Leisa
03-05-2005, 11:02 PM
just pay it and be done with it... not a big deal!

Jtultra
03-05-2005, 11:23 PM
"sigh" I guess so......

Cliff
03-05-2005, 11:56 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaahaha you asked what we thought....

Dragonfly5338
03-06-2005, 12:03 AM
gotta pay to play, man. $108 bucks is nothing compared to my boyfriend's $1100 dollar speeding ticket. ;)

Cliff
03-06-2005, 12:17 AM
yea i wish some of my tickets were only 108....

chrisdavis
03-06-2005, 07:42 AM
By the time you take off of work and spend all day at the courthouse just to attempt to get out of it you would lose more money in the end, than if you just went ahead and paid it and be done with it.

Lost day of pay + fine= bad economical decision

typeRwannabie
03-06-2005, 08:03 AM
gotta pay to play, man. $108 bucks is nothing compared to my boyfriend's $1100 dollar speeding ticket. ;)

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiii....... after a court date that cost over 2g's, i'd be MORE than happy to pay a $108 ticket with no points! good god. not to sound like a dick, but dude, grow some balls.

babygurl
03-06-2005, 08:07 AM

damn how fast was he going......i have ten tickets and the biggest fine i got was 700

4dmin
03-06-2005, 08:14 AM
108$ lol thats it?

HEATON
03-06-2005, 08:55 AM
108.00? You should be lucky you didnt get one for wreckless driving also.

gtikid
03-06-2005, 09:36 AM
heh i got a ticket once for $35 for driving in the HOV lane with no passenger...after seeing my brother's tickets and friend's tickets 108 is nothing

Macro
03-06-2005, 09:37 AM
dont pay it jus plea not guilty... and give a reasonable explanation...dont make it obivious

Nittanys1
03-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Pled NoLow, this doesnt mean you agree to it but it will give you a lesser charge and no points on your license. The only thing is you can only use that once per offense

heh i got a ticket once for $35 for driving in the HOV lane with no passenger...after seeing my brother's tickets and friend's tickets 108 is nothing

Dang thats all the ticket is!?!?! I'm gonna be driving in there more offten...lol...jk

I got a ticket for running a yellow light and there was a car behind me.....he pulled me over......suwanee didnt even want to listen to me....

quickdodgeŽ
03-06-2005, 11:03 AM
damn qd, tell us how you really feel

Lolol. I do see where he is saying that he would like to see what the Judge would say about the mix up on the tickets, but I don't think it help any. Later, QD.

HEATON
03-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Pled NoLow,

I got a ticket for running a yellow light and there was a car behind me.....he pulled me over......suwanee didnt even want to listen to me....

NO dont plea NoLo, save that for sumthing good, like actually tearin up the ticket in the cops face next time, tellin him to fuck off and jus driving away..

Runnin a yellow light? wow u actually DID get screwed..weird thing is here..bc the light turns green it turns back yellow, kinda cool though if sumone was racing.

Nittanys1
03-06-2005, 03:38 PM
y not nolo? i thought you were allowed u use it once per offence?

and yeah it really sucked....the guy behind me turned off on another road cuz he rad the red light and the cop pulled me over....the only thing the cop was doing that day was sitting at the light waiting for someone to run it...its the one at L'ville suwanee and Ptree Ind.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
03-06-2005, 03:39 PM
i thought you could only use nolo once in your life???

Jtultra
03-06-2005, 03:46 PM
...every 5 years. no chance I'm pleading nolo

Nittanys1
03-06-2005, 03:53 PM
damn..i didnt know that....fuck....i would have just taken the 125 ticket instead of the 65.....DAMN.......4 more years to go!

RISKYB
03-06-2005, 04:53 PM
here r the rules for pleaing nolo....
1.you can only plea nolo once every five years
2.even if u plea nolo u still pay the fine in full
3.no point will be accrued on the driving record but the offence will be listed on the record, just with no points
but just b/c u two were driving each others cars,u cant sucessfully go back and claim that the ticket is null and void

sorry guys

dereksi
03-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Yea pay it bro its only a 100 bucks

Ruiner
03-06-2005, 05:55 PM
well, like the problem is.....I don't have that money. but I've heard from alot of people that if the ticket isn't correct than it's invalid

You listen to too many Urban Legends. You should have noted it to the officer that there was a mistake before you signed. Either way, it is a small error that won't cause the ticket to get thrown out in court.

quickdodgeŽ
03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
You listen to too many Urban Legends.

Maybe we should take this to Mythbusters. Later, QD.

Ruiner
03-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Runnin a yellow light? wow u actually DID get screwed..weird thing is here..bc the light turns green it turns back yellow, kinda cool though if sumone was racing.

How did he get screwed? "Running" a yellow in the state of GA is illegal. A yellow is made to "clear" the intersection, not enter it. The only reason that you can "run" a yellow is that if it is dangerous to the drivers behind you if you suddenly slam on your brakes in order to stop in time.

Ruiner
03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Maybe we should take this to Mythbusters. Later, QD.

My father was a criminal judge for about ~23 years (of which I sat in court with him for about 20yrs of it). I typically have one leg up in terms of the judicial system being that I was up close and personal with it for so long. There are so many myths and rumors about law, tickets, court dates, officer showing up, etc, that are untrue. It boggles my mind. Thank the internet for that.

quickdodgeŽ
03-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Oh I know, Brandon. Lolol. I was just messing around. Later, QD.

Ruiner
03-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Oh I know, Brandon. Lolol. I was just messing around. Later, QD.

Oh, it's all good. I just wasn't aware if you knew about my background and my father's job.

quickdodgeŽ
03-06-2005, 06:04 PM
I didn't, lolol. My grandmother retired after 20+ years of being a Rockdale County probation officer and my Mom still works for the state AG in downtown. Later, QD.

Jtultra
03-06-2005, 06:31 PM
the question is.....what are the myths and what are the facts? care to enlighten me and everyone else. I'm curious, but I guess I'll go to court and keep my mouth shut and I'll see what happens

babygurl
03-06-2005, 06:38 PM
my question is, did the cop say you had to go to court??? also you can put it off for another month just tell them that you a a conflict with work/or school and save the money and pay the ticket dont try and fight it not worth it,!!!!!!!!

FrnkPwrs
03-06-2005, 07:06 PM
The truth is you have to pay the ticket. If you try to fight a ticket like that you will be screwing yourself. You are damn lucky he didnt lock both of your asses up, which he had full power inthe law to do if he wanted to be a dick. And that is no myth. Be thankful that didnt happen, just pay it. You dont have to go to court if you pay the ticket. You can pay it over the phone or at the courthouse or by the mail.

Nolo would not help you really because your concern is the price of the ticket and not points. Save your NoLo for when points on your license is an issue, i.e. speeding.

ruah_23
03-06-2005, 08:41 PM
The cop is lenient enough to give u a trespassing ticket.He can charge u with a lot more.Learn from this incident.A lot worst can happen.

HEATON
03-06-2005, 10:41 PM
How did he get screwed? "Running" a yellow in the state of GA is illegal. A yellow is made to "clear" the intersection, not enter it. The only reason that you can "run" a yellow is that if it is dangerous to the drivers behind you if you suddenly slam on your brakes in order to stop in time.
Hmm that was something i never knew..i DID know your suppose to slow down, but i didnt think you could geta ticket if you didnt. Thought it was like a Yield; use caution, okay if get by but screwed if you get in wreck.

Ruiner
03-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Hmm that was something i never knew..i DID know your suppose to slow down, but i didnt think you could geta ticket if you didnt. Thought it was like a Yield; use caution, okay if get by but screwed if you get in wreck.

Nope, yellow means clear the intersection as the light is about to change to red. It doesn't mean "enter" and go through. You enter the intersection on the green light, but clear it on the yellow.

Jerry
03-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey guys me and my friend are in a little pickle. me and him were having a little fun in a school parking lot in that ice storm a couple weeks back. A cop caught us and only gave us trespassing tickets. The thing is our tickets......one had me driving my friends car and the other had him driving my car. AND to top it, he made me sign the one w/ him driving my car and my friend signed the one w/ me driving his car. the court date is Thursday. My question is, don't the tickets have to be 100% accurate to be valid? I was planning on going up there an saying that me and my friend were just changing a flat, would the judge believe us since OBVIOUSLY the cop is a moron? Is there a good chance the cop will show up? I'm flipping out about this because the ticket fee is $108 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Any advice would be great

That's true the tickets would probaly have to be dropped because yall did not sign your own ticket. Just tell the Judge it's not your ticket. They have no choice but the drop the ticket because it's not valid without you sig. They can't just issue you a new ticket either so you should be fine. Not your mistake is what I say.

Jerry
03-07-2005, 12:00 AM

Wow what county is that. I was in the court house with my friend for a Illegal lane change ticket of $90. I saw 4 people get tickets for illegal HOV use and they where $145 tickets I forget what county, But it was near all the stip clubs.

Jtultra
03-07-2005, 07:12 AM
can anyone verify that? I hope thats SOOOOO true

chrisdavis
03-07-2005, 09:07 AM
can anyone verify that? I hope thats SOOOOO true

You fuckin did the shit just man up and pay it. By the time you take off off work, pay the fine, and the court costs you're going to turn it into over $200
worth of time and effort. Its not even a fucking moving violation so its not going to do anything to your license. Damn if you cant afford to pay it get a continuance or fucking community service.

Chuckster
03-07-2005, 12:13 PM
108??? thats it pay that shit, none of my tickets were under 175. Well my first ticket was 75 but thats b/c the cop wanted me to meet his daughter(long story short) he reduced my speed. ticket would of been 200

if you dont have the money the judge will give you little more time to save up and pay it or will give u community service.

B16a2 Civic
03-07-2005, 12:21 PM
just hope the cop dont show up....if he does...just pay it...remember...the judge is on teh "law's" side

Chuckster
03-07-2005, 02:07 PM
i fya pay i tb4 ur court date u dont have to waste an hour+ in court. Court rooms suck, alwas fuckign hot as hell. Making you sweet so you look guilty, lol

Jtultra
03-07-2005, 08:15 PM
ALRIGHT, I got a plan. I'm gonna take off of school on that day (I don't know where people got that I was working etc) my friend's gonna ask for a continuence and I'll go up there and say thts not me etc. because he's white I'm asian........so I think that may work

umairejaz
03-07-2005, 09:03 PM
remember to update us, i wanna see if u dig yourself further in the hole.

iv paid over $650 in tickets when i was 16, and a 108 fine for doing what u did is a blissing

Cliff
03-07-2005, 09:23 PM
i wanna see how bad he gets it too....i mean....what happens....and also take some ky just in case

absolude
03-07-2005, 09:38 PM
i wanna see how bad he gets it too....i mean....what happens....and also take some ky just in case
yeah- if its not too late to jump on the "you should just pay the fine and admit you're guilty wagon", i am jumping on.
that is f*cking retarded to fight that ticket! Like many people were saying: The fine isn't that much to pay, There are no points against your license, and just because all of the information on your ticket may not be 100% precise, the judge will most likely side with the officers. They are the arm of the law! Just pay it and stop complaining. Sometimes you get off easy- and this is DEFINITELY one of those times.

absolude
03-07-2005, 09:42 PM
one last thing- most of the judges in georgia tend to not be on the lenient side of things. so if you go into court with a bad attitude, you can grab your ankles and hope u remembered that ky one of our compadres mentioned earlier!!!

NickHoganFan
08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
I like pickles

jcs
08-11-2008, 11:14 PM
i got a ticket not to long ago for doing 61 in a 40 and the limit was 45 so they had to drop it.if you fight it and lose your down a 100 bucks,if you dont your still down a 100 bucks so hey why not.

JayL
08-11-2008, 11:23 PM
holy crap.. why did you feel the need to comment on this thread... ice storm ticket... back in february, and nobody cares about your ticket... stfu.

Stormhammer
08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
try feburary of 2005