PDA

View Full Version : 95 Civic ex Need advice.

VtecOrDie
01-16-2012, 09:44 AM
I would like to start by saying if you read this post thankyou for your time and please only positive and helping comments.
Here is the deal I have a 95 honda civic ex with 200,000 on the body and 70,000 on the motor recently my tire or rack n pinion went out and car has been siting for awhile. My trunk hinge is messed up and my seals around the passanger side door leak a little.
The point of me saying all this is I want to get it back on the rode and want to know is it worth it and what is the best way to go about. In one month I will have 2000 what can I do to my car and what should I do it. THANKYOU FOR THE TIME

Theycall_Metue
01-16-2012, 10:42 AM
what went out on the rack and pinion? tie rod end?
power steering rack and pinion like 250-300$ but will need to take motor out unless u want to deal with everything jammed and hitting each other to wiggle it out.
for the window leak, have someone inside while someone else spray water on top of the car to see where its leaking. it can be simple as a adjustment to water seal.

is it worth it? yes, for 2000, you may not be able to find another ex with same condition and wont know what your getting till you deal with it.
even if you pay labor for someone else to fix these simple problem would be less than 2k

silversol
01-16-2012, 01:36 PM
^^^ Would you please stop giving bad advice. A stearing rack is not hard to replace on a 95 civic. Any mechanic thats has been On the job more that a month should be able to handle removing and replacing a rack on a 95 civic with out removing the engine.

VtecOrDie
01-16-2012, 02:31 PM
thanks. I'm not sure if it was rach or tire rod I just know it was one or the other. Should I save the extra grand make it 3000 and do some aftermarket stuff I want to clean it up new wires and housing maybe intake heards exhaust. I don't know if I should do no motor any ideas. And thanks for your time I wanna get my shit right. No ricer bs

Theycall_Metue
01-16-2012, 09:06 PM
^^^ Would you please stop giving bad advice. A stearing rack is not hard to replace on a 95 civic. Any mechanic thats has been On the job more that a month should be able to handle removing and replacing a rack on a 95 civic with out removing the engine.
lmao! try taking out a rack and pinion with motor in and on jack stands. not everyone own a shop like you

RsonGt3's
01-16-2012, 09:29 PM
I would like to start by saying if you read this post thankyou for your time and please only positive and helping comments.
Here is the deal I have a 95 honda civic ex with 200,000 on the body and 70,000 on the motor recently my tire or rack n pinion went out and car has been siting for awhile. My trunk hinge is messed up and my seals around the passanger side door leak a little.
The point of me saying all this is I want to get it back on the rode and want to know is it worth it and what is the best way to go about. In one month I will have 2000 what can I do to my car and what should I do it. THANKYOU FOR THE TIME

Is it me or you are just tryna fxxxk with us people from I.a

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

silversol
01-16-2012, 11:33 PM
lmao! try taking out a rack and pinion with motor in and on jack stands. not everyone own a shop like you

Dont own the shop any more I have done a few sterring racks on my back with jackstands and the engine in its a 3 hr job at most! droping the subframe takes 30 to 45 mins think smart not hard! do you honestly think shops remove a engine to do a sterring rack?

jtdb8
01-17-2012, 07:26 AM
do you honestly think shops remove a engine to do a sterring rack?

i dont.

i say get the car back on the road. its cheaper to keep her. an then you can slowly fix it up with aftermarket parts.

Theycall_Metue
01-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Dont own the shop any more I have done a few sterring racks on my back with jackstands and the engine in its a 3 hr job at most! droping the subframe takes 30 to 45 mins think smart not hard! do you honestly think shops remove a engine to do a sterring rack?

did i say that shops remove engine to do steering racks? did i say you have to remove the engine to replace steering rack?
give the guy opinions instead of quoiting other people. just because you can do it with jack stands and laying on your back dosnt mean he can, let alone your experience but does that make your way the only way?
3 hr job? i remove my swap in less than 1 hr. does it matter? hell no. is my way the only correct way? hell no.
honestly silversol, get a hold of your self.

silversol
01-17-2012, 09:35 AM
did i say that shops remove engine to do steering racks? did i say you have to remove the engine to replace steering rack?
give the guy opinions instead of quoiting other people. just because you can do it with jack stands and laying on your back dosnt mean he can, let alone your experience but does that make your way the only way?
3 hr job? i remove my swap in less than 1 hr. does it matter? hell no. is my way the only correct way? hell no.

Read Your first post again moron!!
""but will need to take motor out unless u want to deal with everything jammed and hitting each other to wiggle it out.""

^^ That is exactly what you said copy and pasted, Yeah I can remove a b/d series from a eg civic in under a hour to with no a/c p/s and other accessories to doesnt mean it goes back together in under a hour either now does it, doesnt mean this guy can pull the motor/ trans in a hour now does it? Im sure you pull the motor trans for a clutch job to right ?? LOL

and the get ahold of myself part. If I was asking for advice on here I and was a novice and did not know how to work on cars I would freak the fuck out having to pull the motor/ trans part, Becase Its just silly and uneducated to go around you ass to get to your elbow to. Thats why you work smart not hard! But apperantly you dont do that! IM sure any shop you go to in georgia is going to charge more that a hour labor to pull the engine/trans! Im sure if he came on here saying a shop did that to change a rack you would say he got ripped off right??

QUOTE=Theycall_Metue;39335456]i smell rolled back miles
1: if the motor wasn't cranked up with the years passed, that a ticking time bomb
2: thats a shit load of oil change from 1995-2011 for just a sitting car if oil has been changed for crank up/ fluid rotate.
3:i smell dry rotted tires for a sitting car
4: who the hell buy a gas saving car to sit in a garage for that long?

^^^^ Here is another example of you lack of automotive knowledge. So im sure since jdm motors at the importers are all ticking time bombs to right? They all sit for months some times years on the shelfs waiting to go to a new home! Just becase someone bought a car and put it away that means the miles have been rolled back??? LOL there are tones of muscle cars from the 6o's That people let sit for months at a time over winter/bad weather im sure they are ticking time bombs to right?? My mustang sat for 5+ years before i bought some fresh gas and oil change and a little sand paper on the points and it started right up
I drove it for a year and a half with out so much as a oil leak or issue I later pulled it for a v8 crate motor. There are tones of cars from the 20's the 30's 40's andthe 50's that sit in musems that would start and run after sitting for years with fresh fluids and a battery but im sure with your line of thinking they rolled the miles back too.

silversol
01-17-2012, 09:44 AM
oil dosnt disappear unless its magical oil.
your burning oil. oil changed or not, it'll run low if it burns oil.

^^^ One more example, so becase a car is low on oil or loseing oil That means it burning oil?? Never hear of a oil leak?

Theycall_Metue
01-17-2012, 12:49 PM

Read Your first post again moron!!
""but will need to take motor out unless u want to deal with everything jammed and hitting each other to wiggle it out.""
you blind?

^^ That is exactly what you said copy and pasted, Yeah I can remove a b/d series from a eg civic in under a hour to with no a/c p/s and other accessories to doesnt mean it goes back together in under a hour either now does it, doesnt mean this guy can pull the motor/ trans in a hour now does it? Im sure you pull the motor trans for a clutch job to right ?? LOL
your too funny silversol. too hard to take 2 bolts for power steering and 4 bolts for ac? cool story about pull motor for clutch job, must have done it in your youth age.

and the get ahold of myself part. If I was asking for advice on here I and was a novice and did not know how to work on cars I would freak the fuck out having to pull the motor/ trans part, Becase Its just silly and uneducated to go around you ass to get to your elbow to. Thats why you work smart not hard! But apperantly you dont do that! IM sure any shop you go to in georgia is going to charge more that a hour labor to pull the engine/trans! Im sure if he came on here saying a shop did that to change a rack you would say he got ripped off right??
does it mean hes a novice? why you comparing your self with people you dont know? did i say take it to the shop so they can pull the motor and tranny?

[QUOTE]Theycall_Metue. 1995 delsol with 7k miles. i smell rolled back miles
1: if the motor wasn't cranked up with the years passed, that a ticking time bomb
2: thats a shit load of oil change from 1995-2011 for just a sitting car if oil has been changed for crank up/ fluid rotate.
3:i smell dry rotted tires for a sitting car
4: who the hell buy a gas saving car to sit in a garage for that long?

^^^^ Here is another example of you lack of automotive knowledge. So im sure since jdm motors at the importers are all ticking time bombs to right? They all sit for months some times years on the shelfs waiting to go to a new home! Just becase someone bought a car and put it away that means the miles have been rolled back??? LOL there are tones of muscle cars from the 6o's That people let sit for months at a time over winter/bad weather im sure they are ticking time bombs to right?? My mustang sat for 5+ years before i bought some fresh gas and oil change and a little sand paper on the points and it started right up
I drove it for a year and a half with out so much as a oil leak or issue I later pulled it for a v8 crate motor. There are tones of cars from the 20's the 30's 40's andthe 50's that sit in musems that would start and run after sitting for years with fresh fluids and a battery but im sure with your line of thinking they rolled the miles back too.

ohh yeah, that shows my lack of automotive knowledge alright.

Theycall_Metue
01-17-2012, 12:51 PM
^^^ One more example, so becase a car is low on oil or loseing oil That means it burning oil?? Never hear of a oil leak?
good job finding something i left out. im proud of you silversol

silversol
01-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Get back to what you know how to do spraypainting and being a delivery driver! Leave the answering the question to the people who have experiance and know what they are talking about! How many ase certifcations do you have again? Yeah that what I thought! if you knew what you were doing you would not be on like your 5th engine this year! Dont give bad advice to people removing a engine and trans is crazy to do a steering rack!!!! Lord help you when you have to work on something that is not a honda! Ill bet you could not even check the fluids on a newer bmw!

jtdb8
01-17-2012, 03:26 PM
aww man yall have turned this guys advice thread into a war zone.

[QUOTE=silversol;39355020] How many ase certifcations do you have again? QUOTE]
now i dont think you have to have certifcations to know how to work on cars. i have a few but the ony place that pays to have them is dealerships. chevy payed a dollar for evey one you had but now that i work at a private shop they dont mean nothing so i wont go an re up. but just because i do have them i dont know everything either. just saying.

silversol
01-17-2012, 03:34 PM
aww man yall have turned this guys advice thread into a war zone.

[QUOTE=silversol;39355020] How many ase certifcations do you have again? QUOTE]
now i dont think you have to have certifcations to know how to work on cars. i have a few but the ony place that pays to have them is dealerships. chevy payed a dollar for evey one you had but now that i work at a private shop they dont mean nothing so i wont go an re up. but just because i do have them i dont know everything either. just saying.

This is true chevy and a few other dealers pay more for the but is not a nescesity but are nice to have. But you dont make much on a job that probably pays 3-4 hours when step one is remove engine and trans! lol

jtdb8
01-17-2012, 06:59 PM
true that. lol

jdmalltheway
01-18-2012, 08:58 AM
the guy who post up this thread have gave up hope on ya with the war zone going on lol

Cynical 1
01-18-2012, 10:38 AM
lol at this whole thread... :)

Theycall_Metue
01-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Get back to what you know how to do spraypainting and being a delivery driver! Leave the answering the question to the people who have experiance and know what they are talking about! How many ase certifcations do you have again? Yeah that what I thought! if you knew what you were doing you would not be on like your 5th engine this year! Dont give bad advice to people removing a engine and trans is crazy to do a steering rack!!!! Lord help you when you have to work on something that is not a honda! Ill bet you could not even check the fluids on a newer bmw!

lol i never mention i was a automotive expert neither have i ever label myself as a car junkie.
he ask, i answer
so..... what does spray painting and delivery driver have to do with op changing steering rack? and my knowledge?
leave the answering to the experiance? lol, nice of you to pich in after i pitched in.
oh and and nice taking it off topic, take it to whoreslounge next time.

i suppose everyone needs an ase certification to work on automobiles? cool

this thread has become an epic war zone
lmao have a problem with me having 5 different motor swap? so what does that have to do with anything?
d15b8 to jdm d15b to turbo d15b7 to b18b1 to b18c1 and soon lsvtec. something wrong with this? something wrong with upgrading?

sorry i havnt got on since i've been busy delivering