PDA

View Full Version : Sports Falcons Round 1 In The Playoff's

Brett
01-03-2012, 10:31 AM
So we are playing the New York Giants who are 8-8, with the Falcons at a 10-6 Record, I think we could have a pretty good shot at beating them and moving into the next stage in the Play Off's, With any hope at all, New Orleans will loose Sunday as well so we wouldnt have to play then again!! LOL

DarKStaR
01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
The only thing that worries me is having to play outside in NY....

Brett
01-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah I didnt consider that in my hopes, But I hope they can handle it, and get that win!!

Chilanter
01-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Yea I would rather take the Saints in the firstround. Last game with them was too sad. Giants shouldnt be a problem this week.

-EnVus-
01-04-2012, 02:24 AM
The only thing that worries me is having to play outside in NY....
I think it was a year or two ago maybe more im not sure but Falcons played Eagles in philly snowing. Atlanta won it shocked me talk about being out of environment lol

Sammich
01-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Giants gona win that, thats not hate...but..yea..

Brett
01-04-2012, 09:39 AM
UP YOUR SAMMICH!!!

DatacomGuy
01-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Falcons can do it. I have faith.

Brett
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Weather at the Stadium there will be 44 degrees as the high and a 30% chance of rain/snow.

quickdodge®
01-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Playoffs is one one word. Later, QD.

91s13
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
I would've rather us play Dallas instead of New York. If Eli gets the play action pass going he is gonna kill our secondary but we will see. Falcons all the way but Giants play action scares me from past game when we played them. Eli gets us everytime but hopefully they have came up with a better scheme to defend against it.

Brett
01-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Playoffs is one one word. Later, QD.

Thats what it says!!! :)

Sinfix_15
01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Yea I would rather take the Saints in the firstround. Last game with them was too sad. Giants shouldnt be a problem this week.

yeah, the Giants never give anyone problems in the playoffs.
http://ph.cdn.photos.upi.com/collection/upi/8e1fbca7069f92b044472f62b1acc435/Super-Bowl-XLII-New-York-Giants-vs-New-England-Patriots-in-Glendale-Arizona_2.jpg

Captain-Obvious™
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
The way the Giants have been playing lately, I think there's a lot of potential for them to be a big problem for the Falcons. Pierre Paul is a beast as well as Tuck. And I'm not so sure that Robinson can handle Nicks much less Cruz.

Sinfix_15
01-05-2012, 12:14 PM
The way the Giants have been playing lately, I think there's a lot of potential for them to be a big problem for the Falcons. Pierre Paul is a beast as well as Tuck. And I'm not so sure that Robinson can handle Nicks much less Cruz.

Vegas has the Giants favored to win, no surprise to me. Middle of the Giant's schedule was murderer's row, thats the only reason theyre 9-7.

quickdodge®
01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
My only take is this is the best chance the Falcons have at winning. No way they beat NO. They have a chance, albeit much less of one than with NYG of beating the Niners. Later, QD.

95420A
01-05-2012, 08:29 PM
We have the offense to play with anybody so you never know. I give us a 60-40 shot. Anyway you slice it the Lombardi trophy goes through Green Bay though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RL...
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Well...so much for that theory.

Sinfix_15
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
We have the offense to play with anybody so you never know. I give us a 60-40 shot. Anyway you slice it the Lombardi trophy goes through Green Bay though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Not today

Western.
01-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Well that sucks. The only points we got was a safety? Thats pretty pitiful. We got a less-than-impressive review from the guys who run the ESPN scorecenter app, calling our offense "incompetent" It was a poor showing on all sides of the ball, but man, calling our overall offense incompetent? I don't think we're that bad.

quickdodge®
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
The only points we got was a safety?

And they only got that off a penalty, lolol. Lolol @ Atlanta's post season.

Again. Later, QD.

Western.
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
See, I can't laugh at that. That's my team man. I guess the only good thing is that there is solid things that we need to work on. In other words, Its not just general sucking(Like the 2008 Detroit Lions). I hope we can fix these things in the offeason and be a force to be reckoned with for next year.

quickdodge®
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
See, I can't laugh at that. That's my team man. I guess the only good thing is that there is solid things that we need to work on. In other words, Its not just general sucking(Like the 2008 Detroit Lions). I hope we can fix these things in the offeason and be a force to be reckoned with for next year.

I can laugh at that, though, dude. And not because it's my team. It's not my team as I don't own the Falcons or play for them. You should remember/know, I've been a Falcons fan for over 30 years, man. I can speak for real because I know I'm no bandwagoneer (not saying you are). Later, QD.

Vteckidd
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
So is anyone thinking we should trade matt Ryan? Cut roddy white?

Sammich
01-09-2012, 06:34 AM
i'm sorry...but i said it......GL next season

Sammich
01-09-2012, 06:35 AM

isnt this only his 3rd/4th season? Ryan is a decent QB, cant call what he's lacking, but i dont think its solely on him

Sinfix_15
01-09-2012, 07:45 AM
isnt this only his 3rd/4th season? Ryan is a decent QB, cant call what he's lacking, but i dont think its solely on him

he's lacking the one thing that doesnt show up on your stat sheet.
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/depression-cause-heart-attack-1.jpg

Vteckidd
01-09-2012, 10:15 AM
0-3 as a playoff qb, as nfc south champions and wild card can't win roddy white lead league in dropped passes......

Julio Jones better have a Breakout season next year

Browning151
01-09-2012, 10:52 AM

Hell yes. The number of passes he's dropped this season is inexcusable, I think the Falcons should seriously be looking at WR in the draft. As for trading Ryan, I'm not willing to go that far yet, but they need to put him on notice and start looking for/grooming someone behind him. He's not a bad QB, but he's not top tier either.

Brett
01-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I was very disappointed in the Falcons, they had no heart yesterday, I hope next season they come back and make a stronger showing in the play off's. I am a true fan and nothing has changed that, But I can only shake my head at yesterdays game, there was no excuse to have no points scored, and 2 points given to them.

I think I read that Roddy has the most dropped passes in the NFL for 2011??

Sammich
01-09-2012, 11:47 AM
0-3 as a playoff qb, as nfc south champions and wild card can't win roddy white lead league in dropped passes......

and the coach as well....

quickdodge®
01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
i'm sorry...but i said it......GL next season

A lot of people have said this.

Agreed bigger than shit. For the overall year, I was not impressed with him. He reminds me of how Roddy White is now. Dropping easily catchable passes all season. Only difference between his and White's foul ups are that at least Jones can say he's a rookie in transition.

Hell yes. The number of passes he's dropped this season is inexcusable, I think the Falcons should seriously be looking at WR in the draft. As for trading Ryan, I'm not willing to go that far yet, but they need to put him on notice and start looking for/grooming someone behind him. He's not a bad QB, but he's not top tier either.

Wide receiver is one of the LAST places the Falcons need to be concentrating on this off season. They need to replace/replenish their secondary. True they can't keep dealing with White's slippery fingers, but he is still a high ranking receiver in the NFL. The secondary, on the other hand, needs a lot of overhauling. It is losing many more games than the offense. They've got talented people that just aren't getting it done on a consistent enough basis. The defensive line is decent enough, but they need a new secondary. Later, QD.

91s13
01-09-2012, 08:50 PM
... Roddy White has more yards (5158) than any other receiver in the league since 2007 so of course he gonna drop passes. That's not the biggest concern

quickdodge®
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
... Roddy White has more yards (5158) than any other receiver in the league since 2007 so of course he gonna drop passes. That's not the biggest concern

I think the correct statistic to correlate with your argument would be the "thrown to" statistic. Yards gained has nothing to do with dropped passes. That would go more with catches made. But if you're thrown the ball more than anyone else, you're more apt to have more opportunities to drop/catch, therefore you'll have more dropped balls. Later, QD.

BanginJimmy
01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Look at the coaching staff to find the problems with Ryan. They call VERY a conservative offense and Ryan runs what is called. You really can see the difference in him when the Falcons move into the hurry up and Ryan is calling all of the plays. The offense has MUCH more rhythm and explosiveness. IMO, Ryan needs an offense like the one Manning has in Indy. He is given a set of 3 plays, either 2 runs and a pass or 2 passes and a run, then he calls the play he wants at the line. Ryan has the intelligence to run that type of offense and I think the flexibility will allow him to really shine.

Vteckidd
01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah they were way too timid, not enough aggressive play calls.

Ryan ran the plays called well, he just isn't given a long enough leash.

They gotta be throwing to another receiver than white. Too much pressure on him.

They need to beef their defense up

Vteckidd
01-10-2012, 09:32 AM
And they need a much faster running back than Turner

BanginJimmy
01-10-2012, 10:21 AM
They have a speed back in the rookie from Oregon St. The pro lemon is that they don't try to push the defense back with the pass when they move up to stop the run.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Browning151
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Wide receiver is one of the LAST places the Falcons need to be concentrating on this off season. They need to replace/replenish their secondary. True they can't keep dealing with White's slippery fingers, but he is still a high ranking receiver in the NFL. The secondary, on the other hand, needs a lot of overhauling. It is losing many more games than the offense. They've got talented people that just aren't getting it done on a consistent enough basis. The defensive line is decent enough, but they need a new secondary. Later, QD.

I can agree with that, I'm just tired of seeing White drop passes without even being under pressure.

With BVG and Mularkey gone now maybe we'll see some good changes on defense if they get the right person in there and Ryan get a longer leash next year to run the offense.