PDA

View Full Version : noob needs help

civvy06
11-29-2005, 12:42 AM
ok i am about to be getting to kicker 12" l7's.. the ones that i think are .5 or 2 ohm stable, not the 4 ohm ones. alright my friend said i need a amp that is 2 ohm stable and can push out 1200rms @ rms, i found a lanzar vibe amp (vibe 258)
2 x 400 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
2 x 800 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
1 x 1600 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged
2 x 650 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms
Bridgeable at 4 Ohms
2 Ohms Stereo Stable

k there is the specs so will this be enough power for my l7's if its pushing 650 rms to each and they are both 750 rms subs then it seems to me that it would be but how would i wire it where it would be at 2 ohms and such, im a sound newbie but i found a good deal on a refurbished vibe258 and im in dire need of an amp that can push the subs, but i only have a day left to get the amp from this guy

BanginJimmy
11-29-2005, 04:03 PM
each L7 is dual 2 ohm voice coils, that means each sub can be wired to 1 or 4 ohm. Combined the subs can be wired to 2 or .5 ohm. The amp you get you will need to do about 1200-1500watts RMS at either .5 or 2 ohm. That amp will work, but you nwont get full potential out of the subs. What budget do you have for an amp and we can give you a few options to get the full potential from your subs.

Allstar3.8T
11-30-2005, 02:35 AM
the subs are not what the "stability" issue is over, its the amp. Granted, you need the foresight when buying subs to determine what the amp needs to be able to do. Make sure whoever hooks up the amp, also hooked up the subs, and knows how to add impedance, and read a manual on the amps capabilities. Hollar if you get the equipment and get confused, we'll gladly help you vs. letting you cook an expensive amp.