PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hookah

Potter
12-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Any of you guys smoke hookah? If so, I would like to learn some info on it. I know there is Shisha with nicotine and some without it. What would be the ideal kit to start off with, things like that.

firby911
12-29-2011, 11:15 PM
I smoke it now and then. Best flavors imo are al fakher and Fumari,idk what has nicotine and what doesnt. I would stay away from the "herbal shisha/tabacco free" though as its horrible and tastes like crap.

Potter
12-29-2011, 11:20 PM
I smoke it now and then. Best flavors imo are al fakher and Fumari,idk what has nicotine and what doesnt. I would stay away from the "herbal shisha/tabacco free" though as its horrible and tastes like crap.

Hmm ok, thanks for the heads up.

firby911
12-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Best advice i could give you,dont buy shitty generic tin foil. It will make the shisha go harsh fairly quick and taste like shit.

Potter
12-29-2011, 11:25 PM
What would be considered quality tin foil?

firby911
12-29-2011, 11:30 PM
reynolds wrap is what ive used recently with good results

Benefit
12-29-2011, 11:30 PM
mint flavor is good

Drummerboy
12-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Ehem...

This is a favorite subject of mine, as I spend alot of time with/around hookah's.

Starbuzz is the best BRAND of shisha I've had. Pretty much all of their stuff is good.
Fantasia's "Audios Mother Fucker" is the best flavor I've ever had.

Some smoke shops will give you a deal on coals. Instead of $2 a sleeve where I buy mine in Marietta, I buy them for $15 a box, which is $1.50 a sleeve.

I bought my hookah at Anatolia (spelling), the hookah lounge by georgia state University. It was $70 with 2 flavors of shisha (250mg cans I think, something big). It's a decent hookah, but there are much better ones out there. If you're just starting out, I'd start with one of the little personal ones. They're around $30, normally easy to get started, and low maintenance.

Alot of people like to "upgrade the bowls on their hookahs. I bought the Vortex bowl, $12, it was cool i guess, but really hard to keep going. Always had to mess with it, which isn't something you want to be doing if your goal is to chill/relax.

If you feel like you need to upgrade anything (hardware wise) after you get started, start with the hose.

Oh and as far as foil goes, I bought a metal screen for my hookah that I love. $5 and you never have to buy foil again. Smoke shops should sell it, just ask.
Oh, and the best advice I can give you... DON'T PUT MILK IN THE VASE!!! Someone told me it would make the smoke thicker, which is always cool. And it did. It also turned to cheese...

98blackcivic
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
yo everyone
i come from a culture where they smoke hookah
and ppl of my culture love hookah
while im here in the UK, ive noticed that young asians love hookah alot
i noticed the same trend back home
i personally dont really care for it...
but im gonna open up a hookah bar in lawrenceville near all the colleges for all you hookah lovers! :) :) :)

Chilanter
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I've been smoking hookah forever now.The best tobacco is al fakher. When smoking dont tip or pull the pipe so the charcaol falls. Leaves a pretty ugly burn on the carpet lol

firby911
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Ehem...

DON'T PUT MILK IN THE VASE!!! Someone told me it would make the smoke thicker, which is always cool. And it did. It also turned to cheese...

This...i heard this rumor as well and wanted to try it so we did a mix of water and milk and it was fucking horrible. I would never try it again.

clumsy_smurf
01-05-2012, 01:47 PM
x2^ yea dont lol. we have 2 hookah bars down where im located and so far the best blend ive had was double penetration lol.

isa2o3
01-10-2012, 06:01 PM
This...i heard this rumor as well and wanted to try it so we did a mix of water and milk and it was fucking horrible. I would never try it again.

Try water with ice. It's really good. Also, you can find cheap ones on ebay.

nelson9995
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
I smoke hookah all the time... many factors need to be taken in consideration...

If you use foil... keep the shiny side up... also the size of the wholes matter. Too big= burns too quickly and might taste coal... Too small= will be hard to inhale from the hose... Also make sure the coal is fully lit when you first put it on the head and let it sit for a good 10 seconds before inhaling.

Best shisha I have tried is social smoke... I love pina colada and monster energy drink (mobster) flavor... it is about $13 a can but you get a pretty good amount.

Also, I always use ice and water... it creates more smoke and a more bold flavor IMO.

The way that is seems to take the best effect is when I inhale slowly but steadily for a good bit and exhale really slowly or blowing rings slowly... It is when I feel the effects of it slowly... Also doing it in a small place...

jmotley
01-11-2012, 08:44 PM
yes.

tdurr
01-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Jordan, it turned to cheese cuz u let it sit for weeks.....

I personally love the fantasia flavors, then starbuzz, then al fakar(sp). If u ever find lemon mint, buy all of it, shit is sooo damn good.

Check out hookahjohn.com and check out some stuff, he has great prices and a wide selection of everything. They have some tobacco u have to let acclimate, but once it does shit will knock ur on ur ass. I'll find out the name and post it later.