PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Piracy!

Pher
04-04-2005, 03:47 AM
Last night I went to a local mall where I was met by a little woman saying "DVD, DVD" and took an elevator to the 17th floor where the entire room was filled from wall to wall in DVDs. These arent just old movies that nobody in the US remembers, they are brand spanking new!

I bought a total of 18 DVDs... for 100 RMB... $12.50!!!!!!!!!!

The Aviator
Hitch
Phantom of the Opera
The Incredibles
Million Dollar Baby...

Checked them all, and they are all legatimate!

Just thought I'd share.

FrnkPwrs
04-04-2005, 05:18 AM
we talking DVD quality too? What area was this in?

SwiftGTiRacer
04-04-2005, 06:10 AM
They sell those like crazy here in Korea. The quality of a few aren't the best. Like in the middle of the movie u can see someone stand up and walk away.

Swifty

AtifSajid
04-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Nice find...

FrnkPwrs
04-04-2005, 07:21 AM
In chicago I can get bootlegs in DVD quality, but every movie isnt guaranteed that.

chrisdavis
04-04-2005, 08:28 AM
we talking DVD quality too? What area was this in?

He is currently in China

FrnkPwrs
04-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Yea, i figured it had to be overseas when he said RMBs. I heard its like that in russia too

Pher
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
He is currently in China
Correct. I'm in Chengdu, China.
A lot of things are really cheap here excluding most electronics.
Like a Pentium processor or a digital camera will cost you almost 40% more over here than in the US.
Whereas food is dirt cheap. I just ate a huge meal and fed 3 people including myself for $3.35

FrnkPwrs
04-04-2005, 09:16 AM
DAMN!!! $3.35! Big Joy has been ripping me off for a while then, those bastards! I thought electronics were cheaper in CHina though. I remember this guy on eBay who sold noname cordless drills for like $20ea. Can you get me some of those bootleg-but-look-authentic air force ones?

How is the quality with the movies?

Pher
04-04-2005, 09:24 AM
The only electronics that are cheaper here are peripherals.
And the $3.35 was with 3, 32oz beers.
Shoes that aren’t name brand are really cheap here. But for all the name brands, Nike, Reebok and “Errrr Force Ones”, they are built here, shipped to the US and shipped back… so you pay for that.

Pher
04-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Oh, the movie quality was perfect. There was only one that was bootleg but it wasn’t from a cinema. It was "Property of Miramax." It was evidently used for preview showings. Every 10 scenes or so, it would pop up on the bottom of the screen.

FrnkPwrs
04-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Damn! Want to sell the copies you've got when your done watching? I never have time to go to the movies, and only 40-60% of the movies i get back home are that quality.

Cliff
04-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Last night I went to a local mall where I was met by a little woman saying "DVD, DVD" and took an elevator to the 17th floor where the entire room was filled from wall to wall in DVDs. These arent just old movies that nobody in the US remembers, they are brand spanking new!

I bought a total of 18 DVDs... for 100 RMB... $12.50!!!!!!!!!!

The Aviator
Hitch
Phantom of the Opera
The Incredibles
Million Dollar Baby...

Checked them all, and they are all legatimate!

Just thought I'd share.

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

The Yousef
04-04-2005, 11:15 AM
just make sure they'll work over here....i think they use PAL over there and we use NTSC...and you cannot use a PAL disc on an NTSC player...

JoeCoolinATL
04-04-2005, 11:44 AM
In chicago I can get bootlegs in DVD quality, but every movie isnt guaranteed that.

haha when i grew up in savannah and when i go back down there, we always got our friends mom to give us her screeners since shes on a certain voting commitee.. haha her being an actress pays off :)
we always had vhs/dvd copies of movies when they came out

FrnkPwrs
04-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Yea, the screeners are the only bootlegs I like watching. SO many movies suck nowadays, its not worth paying $16 for you and your girl to go, then $8.50 for your hotdog and a coke, $13 for a pretzel, sour patches and coke for your girls hungry ass, and and then you find out that Gigli sucks. ANd you eat all that damn food before the previews are over with!

I love watching movies at home. I can walk around in my boxers, eat what I want, pause, dont have tohear somebodys kids crying, an old guy snoring, a little kid kicking my seat, a little kid trying to act hard in before and after the movie, getting harrassed for an ID to see someting rated R and I have more hair on my face than most have on their body, and I can watch it over and over again

quickdodge®
04-04-2005, 02:26 PM
What area was this in?

I was thinking the same thing when he said he went to the Mall and up to the 17th floor. Lolol. Later, QD.