PDA

View Full Version : Is my throttle body to big?

JDBenson
12-28-2011, 10:08 PM
I know this is a silly question but I needed to ask. I have a B20 w/ 12:1 Wiseco Pistons, B16 head with Skunk2 Stage 2 cams and full Skunk2 internals in the head, JDM ITR header, stock intake manifold, and Apexi WS2 Exhaust which is tuned on Hondata S300. The throttle body is junk... its an STR 70mm and tight as hell until it warms up which takes forever. Looking to replace it with a Skunk2 throttle body. I know I need to replace the intake manifold and I'm looking at a Skunk2 manifold here in a couple months. Should I also go with a smaller throttle body or just replace it with a 70mm Skunk 2 since I am going to replace the stock manifold? If it helps the car dynos at 208whp with an LS tranny. I know I know... cheap ass tranny. Replacement is in the works too. 2nd gear synchros are going bad...

Starrfire
12-29-2011, 12:49 AM
No but it's bigger than mine. I have a similar build with a small differentiation in parts and make about 20 more wheel on mainstreams dyno. But with a stock manifold you aren't doing anything really. It has a big lip in it and the port needs to be the same size. I have a 65mm on mine and make 226/151.

YoItsCarlie
01-04-2012, 07:17 PM
agreed with the port matching. it causes cavitations in the airflow and a big disturbance. 208 does seem a little low for those specs. possibly upgrading to an aftermarket manifold?>