PDA

View Full Version : Sports Falcons made the playoffs...

quickdodgeŽ
12-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Since "da Bears" got beat last night, the Falcons are now in as, at least, a wild card team. As much as I'd like, I don't see Atlanta beating New Orleans tonight so I'm sure they will remain a WC team. Unless they can play Dallas/NY Giants (and maybe even San Francisco) in the first round, I don't see them going any further. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
12-26-2011, 11:46 AM
NFC is the class of the NFL this season, gonna be hard to do anything on that side of the bracket. Even the Lions are a difficult opponent!

B18c1Turboed
12-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Please they didn't loose to saint that bad last time. By a field goal in overtime. They have been getting better thru the season. I think they got a awesome chance.

quickdodgeŽ
12-26-2011, 11:55 AM
I think they got a awesome chance.

Of course they have a chance. It'll either be Julio Jones or the defense that loses it for the Falcons. With NO's potent offense and Atlanta's shaky, inconsistent defense, I just don't see it. Of course I want it be, though. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
12-27-2011, 12:01 AM
45-16 LOL

Falcons are bust. They'll not recover this season. They will lose first game easy.

Saints vs packers /niners will be hell of a game.

Sinfix_15
12-27-2011, 12:29 AM
how in the holy hell did the Saints lose to the Rams and Bucs?

Vteckidd
12-27-2011, 12:42 AM
They play bad on the road in non domes.

They'll get killed by greenbay or San Francisco

Sinfix_15
12-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Patriots vs Packers in the superbowl.

when its all said and done and the smoke clears.... everyone will know. Tom Brady > Aaron Rodgers.

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2011, 06:18 AM
.......... or the defense that loses it for the Falcons. With NO's potent offense and Atlanta's shaky, inconsistent defense, I just don't see it.

Told you so. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2011, 08:23 PM
After looking over the standings and if I have my facts straight, the Falcons will play either the Saints or the 49ers in their first outing. The Lions will play either the Cowboys or Giants. If Atlanta ends up beating the Saints/49ers, they will play, the following week, 49ers/Saints. Basically, the Falcons will have to go through the Saints, 49ers and Packers to get the big dance. Later, QD.

alpine_aw11
12-27-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm starting to wonder where the blame for Atlanta's lack of success should be placed. So much talent on both sides of the ball(yes, even on defense) and they just can't get it done. Still love my Falcons though, and I do think our first round matchup will be a good one if Atlanta can just execute.

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm starting to wonder where the blame for Atlanta's lack of success should be placed. So much talent on both sides of the ball(yes, even on defense) and they just can't get it done. Still love my Falcons though, and I do think our first round matchup will be a good one if Atlanta can just execute.

Atlanta has a brilliant team. They just can't get everyone to execute together for games on a consistent basis. They have the talent to be a New Orleans or Green Bay. I don't know why they don't have that glue to hold them all together.

The only chance for at least one win is if they play the 49ers in the first round. We'll see, I guess.

The good thing is is that up until 2009, Atlanta had never had back to back winning seasons. They are now assured of 4 straight winning seasons with 3 of these last 4 seasons having playoff appearances. Also, I've not seen this mentioned anywhere, but if Atlanta can win next week (Tampa Bay at home), they will have their first back to back double digit win seasons. They're getting there. Huge improvements these last 4 years from the previous 40+ years. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Haha 49ers will destroy the falcons. Their defensive line will rip matt Ryan apart

Packers/saints vs ravens/Steelers

Love my patriots but I don't see their defense getting through the offense they will see from the NFC and AFC contenders

Brett
12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I am just glad the Falcons are making an appearance in the playoff's again, 3 times in the past 4 years is awesome. I was disappointed to see only one Falcon Player going to the Pro Bowl this season, But I have a feeling though we will not make it past the first game, I hope I am wrong though.

quickdodgeŽ
12-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Haha 49ers will destroy the falcons. Their defensive line will rip matt Ryan apart

I know the 49ers will beat the Falcons. I only said that Atlanta's best chance of a win in the playoffs would be against San Fran. They can beat the 49ers. They can't beat the Saints. As far as the 49ers ripping apart Ryan? Atlanta's offense won't be the cause of their demise. It will be, as always, the defense.

I hope I'm wrong, too, Brett. Later, QD.

isa2o3
12-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Man, rooting for Falcons is like giving an ex girlfriend a second chance. You know u r going to get burned but u just cant give up. It's an unconditional love for me

quickdodgeŽ
12-28-2011, 07:23 PM
^^^ I've been a Falcons fan since the late 1970's, lolol. Later, QD.

isa2o3
12-28-2011, 07:33 PM
^^^ I am sorry to hear that, but i feel you. I also have been a fan forever.

quickdodgeŽ
12-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Don't be sorry, homey. I'm not. I still have a Steve Bartkowski (Falcons QB from the late 70's to early 80's) helmet stamped in 1980 that I got brand new in 1980 (Xmas). It's right here in my room, lolol. Later, QD.

alpine_aw11
12-28-2011, 09:16 PM
We just gotta stick together guys, I agree with you qd although it's been disappointing these things can take time. I don't see why Atlanta shouldn't keep improving. I do think it's time for some changes in the coaching department though.

Sinfix_15
12-28-2011, 10:31 PM
i enjoyed watching the Falcons play when these 2 guys played for them..... otherwise, never cared.
http://www.deion-sanders.com/Photos/falcons/falcons14.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/football/nfl/03/02/dunn.release/p1_dunn-getty.jpg

Brett
12-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Regardless Im excited they made it to the play offs for a 3rd time in 4 years, They are getting better and better. I hope Gonzalez doesnt retire at the end of the season like he almost did last season, Would be great to have him around next season again.

Brett
12-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Who does Warrick Dunn play for now?

Arm&hammer
12-29-2011, 01:18 PM
the falcons have always been my favorite team. They are not the best but there is just something about them that you gotta love.
I would like more than anything for them to go to the superbowl.

Arm&hammer
12-29-2011, 01:21 PM
warrick dunn doesn't play anymore.

quickdodgeŽ
12-29-2011, 06:44 PM
i enjoyed watching the Falcons play when these 2 guys played for them..... otherwise, never cared.

That's because you're not old enough to remember some other very good players to wear this uniform. There's been quite a few.

Warrick Dunn is actually a part owner, with Blank, of the Falcons. Later, QD.

alpine_aw11
12-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Dunn was a badass, I loved watching him play. Turner and Anderson have been my favorite ATL backs though, no contest. Gotta love NFL players doin blow of a toilet.

Sinfix_15
12-30-2011, 01:49 AM
That's because you're not old enough to remember some other very good players to wear this uniform. There's been quite a few.

Warrick Dunn is actually a part owner, with Blank, of the Falcons. Later, QD.

my oldest memories of the falcons were when Deion was there, couldnt tell you anything about em before that.

would not of guessed Dunn was a part owner, last time i heard anything about him was on some church commercial. Even though i loathe the existence of Florida State, Warrick Dunn was too cool of a guy to dislike.

Drummerboy
12-30-2011, 03:26 AM
I don't follow the NFL. Too much Football, not enough dog fights.

quickdodgeŽ
01-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Just saw that if Green Bay can hold on and take down Detroit, Atlanta will reclaim the number one wild card slot. This means they will play the winner of the Giants/Cowboys game tonight. Much better chance for the Falcons to win in the first round. Later, QD.