PDA

View Full Version : rant.

Halfwit
12-22-2011, 05:27 PM
facts to understand story:

lived with my mom til i was 14
never got to play sports (no money)
lived pretty poorly
smaller sister has gotten to do everything (me and older sister grew up and moved out so now mother had money i assume)

ok im glad my lil sis has gotten to do everything and grew up more priveledged than i (pretty spoiled)

well she said for her fist car she needed AT LEAST 10,000$ for a used car since she couldnt have a new one, wll my mom is poor, scraped up around 3k for a car,

she turned 16 and was given a 97 mustang, all black tinted windows, rims NICE car for a 16 yr ol girl. she was mad that she didnt get a car that was only a couple years old, she said all her friends have nice cars ect and that she hated it.

well that night she totalled it (she says she "didnt see" the stop sign) and on the other side opf that stopsign was a ditch, she had to of hit it going over 35, bent the frame, wheels, everything. LIABILITY insurance, so 3k down the drain

well now that its been 3 months of her driving the 96 thunderbird (that was her punishment lol) they boughther a 99 40th anniversary edition mustang, with rims, tint ect.

i told my mom she needs to really step up the parenting, dont let her drive at night or with friends (for a while) jsut let it be to and from school for a few weeks, she jsut dismisses it.

i guess im upset because i see this as "well if you wreck yourcar you get a better one"

they were only going to get her a beater since she wrecked her nice car, but now she gets an even nicer car, just spoiled.

im mad bc my mom is not smart enough to see what is going on. lil sis played it cool and about a month ago (since xmas was coming up)said "well i guess since i didnt appreciate my car god took it away" BULLSHIT she knows what shes doing and knew that would get her a car.

ugh.

either way im glad shes getting a nice car, jsut upset that my mom isnt smart enough to see that my lil sis knows what shes doing, mom thinks shes just a perfect innocent person.

RandomGuy
12-22-2011, 06:46 PM
If she's the youngest, then it makes sense... It's the last time she has to worry about this stuff.

Julio
12-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Lol.. Is ok to be jealous :)

Echonova
12-22-2011, 07:01 PM
I went thru much the same thing. My brother and I had to buy our own cars, pay for our own insurance (no riding the parents policy) and had to pay our own way through college. I'm not saying we were "poor"... But we ate a lot of spaghetti.

As me and my brother moved out, things really fell into place with the folks. All of Dad's hard work payed off and they were upwardly mobile... and fast. My sister was honestly pissed she didn't have a Mercedes convertible in the driveway on her 16th birthday. Her college... Paid for. Off campus apartment... Paid for. Food and entertainment... Paid for. During her early college years, my sister managed to go through 7 cars. Yes 7, in a year and a half. Buy a car, she'd wreck it, parents would buy another. The 8th car they handed her the keys and actually said "you wreck it you're not getting another". Miraculously that car lasted the remainder of her college years. After graduating college she promptly got married and is now a stay at home mom. She has never worked a day in her life to date.

But I'm not bitter. I think it's sad actually.

-EnVus-
12-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Sounds like your sis wants to live the "Sweet 16" life to much...Life will only be harder on her later so just think that and grin when you see her lol

RandomGuy
12-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Sounds like your sis wants to live the "Sweet 16" life to much...Life will only be harder on her later so just think that and grin when you see her lolI think you and casey need to switch usernames

Austin?
12-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Okay, kool story

Scotsman
12-22-2011, 09:23 PM
I think you and casey need to switch usernameslmao

Dylan
12-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Your story sounds a lot like my girlfriend's sister. She is spoiled as fuck. I don't come from much at all and work my ass off for everthing I get. In her case though, it seems the more shit she does wrong the better she gets treated. It's ok though because it's only going to hurt her in the long run.

-EnVus-
12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I think you and casey need to switch usernames
He may not be Envus enough of her oh wait he did make a thread hmmm..

RL...
12-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Back in junior year of high school a friend of mine had a 99 mustang cobra. Black, Nice wheels, etc.. He wrecks it after a few months of ownership. What does he gets as his next car? A newer model Saleen of course. One can't help but be a little envious of things, but that's life and most of us have to actually work to get the things we want unless you're one of the lucky few trust fund babies.

slightly off topic: Most girls in general get way too spoiled...by society....by their boyfriend's/husbands, by their parents....just how it goes I guess. I personally don't mess with girls who do not appreciate things. I have dated a lot of girls and know I'd rather date an easy going 7 than a bitchy 10.

Halfwit
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
i just wish my mother would smarten up a bit so my sis isnt fucked later in life by her upbringing.

Echonova
12-22-2011, 10:42 PM
I have dated a lot of girls and know I'd rather date an easy going 7 than a bitchy 10.QFTMFT

Echonova
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Sounds like your sis wants to live the "Sweet 16" life to much...Life will only be harder on her later so just think that and grin when you see her lolWell, she's 34 now... So far it's working for her.

Dylan
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
i just wish my mother would smarten up a bit so my sis isnt fucked later in life by her upbringing.

It's sad but that's how it works. A lot of parents just see it as harmless giving. I see this kind of stuff happen all day every day. There isn't much else you can do after you give your opinion based advice.

RL...
12-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Honestly most parents just suck at parenting...I mean people can't even keep their own marriages together let alone take care of children. Promises and responsibility(or lack of) and vows and commitments just don't mean as much as they did 30 years ago.

CSquared
12-23-2011, 12:57 AM
I am going to be in a similar situation where my parents had me at 19-20, divorced, and for my first 18 years I lived in a 2 room apt with my mother. I now have a little brother who will be 2 years in January but these days pops and his new wife are living in Buckhead if that gives you any idea.

I won't say that I am necessarily jealous, but it definitely would have been nice to have the same advantages in life that I know he is going to have from the get-go (I'm 20k in student loan debt, worked full time through school, and currently doing shitty internships at 26 years old to get into a decent industry). My fiance however was born out of the country and has experienced poverty beyond my wildest dreams to the point that I essentially look like the rich kid, which is hard to swallow for me even after 3 years... So it's all just a matter of perspective (just as I'm sure there are people who would view HER as the rich kid depending on their upbringing).

Love your sister unconditionally, be humble, and concentrate on being the best man you can be in spite of the obstacles you've had to overcome. Or conversely let it eat you alive and become a d-bag... lol... your choice.

Echonova
12-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Love your sister unconditionally, be humble, and concentrate on being the best man you can be in spite of the obstacles you've had to overcome. Or conversely let it eat you alive and become a d-bag... lol... your choice.Reps.

GGGaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I gotta spread my seed before I can impregnate you again.

Sinfix_15
12-23-2011, 04:24 PM
i wish i could relate to you, but im an only child and my parents got me a sweet mustang when i turned 16. Then got me an even better convertible one when i graduated HS.

Halfwit
12-23-2011, 04:54 PM
LOL. im gonna not let it bpother me, instead im buying her a sound system to have put in it. lol