PDA

View Full Version : Im new here just have a question need help

JUSTsomeGUY
12-14-2011, 09:46 PM
i am just wanting to know what all i need to put a Ls motor in my eg hatch. i tried searching but its hard to sift through it all where should i look.. not trying to annoy anyone. i just dont know my way around this site yet and this is the whole reason i got on. :???:

Theycall_Metue
12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
if its 94+ b18b1, everything from the integra swap will drop right into a 92-95 civic.

basic run down from a integra swap:

beside motor and transmisson and the sensors etc etc
94+ integra/ 99si rear T-bracket
94+ integra rear motor mount ( can use civic but its smaller and less stiff causing engine to wabble)
94+ integra driver side motor mount
94+ integra 5spd transmission mount
94+ integra engine harness
94+ integra shift linkage
94+ integra axles and nut ( no different between auto and manuel )
94+ integra radiator hoes and 2 adjustable hose clamps for the civic radiator
OBD1 b18b1 ecu. (p74 ecu)

** obd1 and obd2**
It dosnt matter if the items and motor is OBD2. it'll still plug in and work in a 92-95 civic. YOU"LL HAVE TO USE OBD1 P74 NO MATTER WHAT.

IF the swap is OBD0 ( da integra ) you'll need to convert everything to 94+ integra, refer to the parts list above. ( your better off selling it and buy 94+ swap )

Otherwise, the B-Series swap will drop right in a 92-95 civic with everything plug and play style.

Bacon
12-14-2011, 10:05 PM
The factory engine harness will work.

ELIDA9
12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
depending on your budget this might make it easier for ya, I am not trying to step on anyone toes or saying the first guy above is incorrect. Just trying to help out and making it simple because Im sure this has been cover before ( not sure on this site ) but I cant recall the last time I heard this question about this swap?. I hope this may help you sir good luck.

94-2001 integra rear T-bracket
94-2001 rear mount ( on rear crossmember ) this is optional, you can still use the civic piece if you like or you can add a solid insert.
94-2001 driver mount ( depending on the year of motor you might have to swap this mount ) you can use the one off the D series but you must use the bracket that comes off the block aswell )
94-2001 integra 5spd transmission mount
94-95 96-2001 integra harness ( optional again, its best to use you civic harness because its already OBD-1 IMO if you are not aware of the diffrent plugs compared to your civic harness inectors plugs are diffrent and alternator too. there are a couple other little BS plugs you are not gonna use
94-2001 integra shift linkage
94-2001 integra 5 speed axles and nut and halfshaft. ( DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE HALF SHAFT BOLTS ) torque them down 40 foot-pounds or your gonna be pissed later
94-2001 integra radiator hoes

Now before you start this swap, make sure the motor is ready to go in only once. Check the motor over really good. Look for anything that may look old or damage, or out of place with the connectors, hoses, and belts ect ect ect. Timing belt and water pump would be a great idea to swap out at this time. Please check your clutch and inspect it to make sure its gonna last a while. Also a compression check would be in handy unless you are damn sure the motor is in great working order. Dont forget the fluids like the motor oil, transmission fluid and coolant dot 3 brake fliud for the clutch line and take your time. Im sure there is more info to be given in greater details but I have had a long day and Im tired. If there is any questions just PM me............give it hell ! ! !

JUSTsomeGUY
12-15-2011, 10:08 PM
thanks alot guys been a great help... no one last question in your opinion is it better to just boost the single cam or swap it for the b series. i was leaning towards the b series swap cuz i felt it would be more reliable

Captain-Obvious™
12-16-2011, 02:00 AM
thanks alot guys been a great help... no one last question in your opinion is it better to just boost the single cam or swap it for the b series. i was leaning towards the b series swap cuz i felt it would be more reliable

Definitely more reliable. And you won't have to worry about a tune or engine management.

allmotor-teg
12-17-2011, 09:15 AM

if its done right it should be reliable.

YoItsCarlie
12-19-2011, 08:29 PM
if its 94+ b18b1, everything from the integra swap will drop right into a 92-95 civic.

basic run down from a integra swap:

beside motor and transmisson and the sensors etc etc
94+ integra/ 99si rear T-bracket
94+ integra rear motor mount ( can use civic but its smaller and less stiff causing engine to wabble)
94+ integra driver side motor mount
94+ integra 5spd transmission mount
94+ integra engine harness
94+ integra shift linkage
94+ integra axles and nut ( no different between auto and manuel )
94+ integra radiator hoes and 2 adjustable hose clamps for the civic radiator

** obd1 and obd2**
It dosnt matter if the items and motor is OBD2. it'll still plug in and work in a 92-95 civic. YOU"LL HAVE TO USE OBD1 P74 NO MATTER WHAT.

IF the swap is OBD0 ( da integra ) you'll need to convert everything to 94+ integra, refer to the parts list above. ( your better off selling it and buy 94+ swap )

Otherwise, the B-Series swap will drop right in a 92-95 civic with everything plug and play style.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt100/OoTecnokiidzOo/raves/1up.gif

depending on your budget this might make it easier for ya, I am not trying to step on anyone toes or saying the first guy above is incorrect. Just trying to help out and making it simple because Im sure this has been cover before ( not sure on this site ) but I cant recall the last time I heard this question about this swap?. I hope this may help you sir good luck.

94-2001 integra rear T-bracket
94-2001 rear mount ( on rear crossmember ) this is optional, you can still use the civic piece if you like or you can add a solid insert.
94-2001 driver mount ( depending on the year of motor you might have to swap this mount ) you can use the one off the D series but you must use the bracket that comes off the block aswell )
94-2001 integra 5spd transmission mount
94-95 96-2001 integra harness ( optional again, its best to use you civic harness because its already OBD-1 IMO if you are not aware of the diffrent plugs compared to your civic harness inectors plugs are diffrent and alternator too. there are a couple other little BS plugs you are not gonna use
94-2001 integra shift linkage
94-2001 integra 5 speed axles and nut and halfshaft. ( DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE HALF SHAFT BOLTS ) torque them down 40 foot-pounds or your gonna be pissed later
94-2001 integra radiator hoes

Now before you start this swap, make sure the motor is ready to go in only once. Check the motor over really good. Look for anything that may look old or damage, or out of place with the connectors, hoses, and belts ect ect ect. Timing belt and water pump would be a great idea to swap out at this time. Please check your clutch and inspect it to make sure its gonna last a while. Also a compression check would be in handy unless you are damn sure the motor is in great working order. Dont forget the fluids like the motor oil, transmission fluid and coolant dot 3 brake fliud for the clutch line and take your time. Im sure there is more info to be given in greater details but I have had a long day and Im tired. If there is any questions just PM me............give it hell ! ! !

Definately a noob To IA, Not a noob to honda... Props for sharing.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt100/OoTecnokiidzOo/raves/1up.gif