PDA

View Full Version : got assets?

Halfwit
12-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Just thought I'd gloat a little bit. My small accomplishment over the past two years.

Yes, im aware im not "rich" or whatever. I close on a house in 2 days so ill be broke again for a few years, Lol.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/58/assets.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/assets.png/)

and a video i made a few months ago counting around 28,000 in cash before i started to filter it into the bank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciPU9lEqYLM

Oh, and i drive a shitbox 93 1000$ civic. lol Lifes gotta have lows, and highs, hopefully my highs will come in about 2-3 years.

Echonova
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
That is awesome. It will definitely pay off in the long run.

Tip of the hat to you good sir.

Julio
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Great job dude.... keep at it.

I

TIGERJC
12-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Ifu can accumulate that kind of money in 2 years why change

Halfwit
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Ifu can accumulate that kind of money in 2 years why change

Economy hit me jsut as much as others, its no longer as easy for me to make money,I can SAVE around 10k a year now. BUT- I buy this house, use the 10k of next year to remodel it, then Ill be done w school (accounting degree and business management degree)

then- get a job, be in a nice house that i owe 0$ on, virtually no bills, and all money (virtually) i make from job can go towards saving for a nice car ect.

so i plan to have the house im closing on this week done by this time next year, then save for 2 years (with a job where i can hopefully save 17-20k a year since ill have no bills, and get a nice car (I really want a c6 z06 around 40k)

TIGERJC
12-12-2011, 10:30 PM
I think you need to move out of stockbridge, video taping counting money is a dope boy thing. Next thing you know you will be hanging out in front of liquor stores and get excited whenever Tyler Perry comes out with a new movie.

Halfwit
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I think you need to move out of stockbridge, video taping counting money is a dope boy thing. Next thing you know you will be hanging out in front of liquor stores and get excited whenever Tyler Perry comes out with a new movie.

Lol. i know i know. Believe me im not one of the norms around here, or id drive a 1000$ car (like i do now) but only have 5$ to my name.

Ill be here another 5-7 years, then ill have acquired all my toys (paid off) and have saved up for a house to raise children in. just "Paying my dues" now.

Vteckidd
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Meth must be selling well

Halfwit
12-13-2011, 07:18 AM
they love that shit.

Drummerboy
12-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Is your insurance through Modern Woodsmen? I'm almost postive that's their address.

Halfwit
12-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Is your insurance through Modern Woodsmen? I'm almost postive that's their address.

that isnt insurance, its a bank statement. wells fargo.

RandomGuy
12-15-2011, 02:02 AM
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallin

Nemesis
12-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Economy hit me jsut as much as others, its no longer as easy for me to make money,I can SAVE around 10k a year now. BUT- I buy this house, use the 10k of next year to remodel it, then Ill be done w school (accounting degree and business management degree)

then- get a job, be in a nice house that i owe 0$ on, virtually no bills, and all money (virtually) i make from job can go towards saving for a nice car ect.

so i plan to have the house im closing on this week done by this time next year, then save for 2 years (with a job where i can hopefully save 17-20k a year since ill have no bills, and get a nice car (I really want a c6 z06 around 40k)

Congrats on your house purchase bro, I KNOW DAT FEEL.

velomack
12-15-2011, 10:27 AM
It's sad that we people have been reduced to worshiping paper bills and numbers on a computer. To rely on money is to be a modern-day slave. Slavery never went away, it just evolved.
It will be worthless when it's time to die and meet your maker. Jesus is alive and will return.
I used to worship money, too. :-( But I repented and now I read the bible instead of counting bills. I encourage you to consider this. Peace.

@field16 I understand, but you see im counting this money in service to jesus christ, I am saving all of this cash to buy a diamond encrusted gold plated bible (100,000$) to bettter serve my lord. have a blessed day.
halfwit2025

#laughing my arse off!

Nemesis
12-15-2011, 02:13 PM
It's sad that we people have been reduced to worshiping paper bills and numbers on a computer. To rely on money is to be a modern-day slave. Slavery never went away, it just evolved.
It will be worthless when it's time to die and meet your maker. Jesus is alive and will return.
I used to worship money, too. :-( But I repented and now I read the bible instead of counting bills. I encourage you to consider this. Peace.
!

Hey bro, Im really happy you found Jesus, but until he hands me a paycheck every week, Im not going to sit on the side of the road and ask for nickels and dimes at the traffic light. Its called getting a job and supporting yourself or a family.

-Your Friendly Neighbourhood Working College Grad Homeowning Car Owning Money Slave Christian

Vteckidd
12-15-2011, 02:42 PM

AHHHH the old "youre not as christian as i am so i will tell you how much better i am than you" argument.

Its possible to have money and still be a "christian". Im not aware of the bible passage that says "dont make any money at all". Its a stupid notion to think that your "lord" doesnt want you to be successful. You are totally misinterpreting the meaning of "wealth".

Love your not so christian, totally not religious, rich asshole
MIKE

.blank cd
12-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Slavery never went away, it just evolvedSo you acknowledge that evolution exists?

velomack
12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
AHHHH the old "youre not as christian as i am so i will tell you how much better i am than you" argument.

Its possible to have money and still be a "christian". Im not aware of the bible passage that says "dont make any money at all". Its a stupid notion to think that your "lord" doesnt want you to be successful. You are totally misinterpreting the meaning of "wealth".

Love your not so christian, totally not religious, rich asshole
MIKE

...... maybe I should preface that comment. "Here is a comment posted on halfwits YouTube page" no need to further respond as if these were my opinion. By any means, good job saving.... trust me, it will be a painful day when you through that into escrow, but well worth it.

EmminoDaGreat
12-15-2011, 08:36 PM
what type of account are you using to gain interest?

silversol
12-15-2011, 09:36 PM

@field16 I understand, but you see im counting this money in service to jesus christ, I am saving all of this cash to buy a diamond encrusted gold plated bible (100,000$) to bettter serve my lord. have a blessed day.
halfwit2025

#laughing my arse off!

Once I was all fucked up on drugs! But now that I have found the lord im all fucked up on the lord!

Drummerboy
12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Let me hold a couple dollas till I can see a little futha.

ash7
12-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Bro, why'd you feel the need to "gloat" on IA of all places? This is probably one of the worst places to try and impress people like that... Having 48k +- in liquid assets is decent, sure; and i'm certain that you're proud of your accomplishments (as anyone with a little buffer might be.) However, showing your register like that is akin to displaying your hand in a poker game. There may be people watching that do not have the best intentions. Hats off to you though, congrats.

Modesty is becoming a lost art.
-jonathan

Halfwit
12-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Bro, why'd you feel the need to "gloat" on IA of all places? This is probably one of the worst places to try and impress people like that... Having 48k +- in liquid assets is decent, sure; and i'm certain that you're proud of your accomplishments (as anyone with a little buffer might be.) However, showing your register like that is akin to displaying your hand in a poker game. There may be people watching that do not have the best intentions. Hats off to you though, congrats.

-jonathan
I used that money to purchase a house recently, if someone with bad intentions wsnts to steal my hosue i cant stop them.

Im halfway modest. how is it different than you having a car in your signature? your "showing it off" to others on thsi site (some who may not have hte best intentions :ninja: ) i put a picture of savings, you put a picture of something you paid money for. SAME THING

what type of account are you using to gain interest?
wells fargo PMA high yield savings. on 38k ish i made around 16$ a month lol

Scotsman
12-16-2011, 07:26 PM
many ups to you Casey , keep on keepin on

EmminoDaGreat
12-16-2011, 10:50 PM
I used that money to purchase a house recently, if someone with bad intentions wsnts to steal my hosue i cant stop them.

Im halfway modest. how is it different than you having a car in your signature? your "showing it off" to others on thsi site (some who may not have hte best intentions :ninja: ) i put a picture of savings, you put a picture of something you paid money for. SAME THING

wells fargo PMA high yield savings. on 38k ish i made around 16$ a month lol

Ya fucking rip off.

dirk-diggler
12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
big baller shoot caller............ casey-deep pockets

isa2o3
12-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Congrats bro. It is a buyers market. Good investment.

isa2o3
12-20-2011, 12:19 AM

-jonathan

He is sharing his success with his IA friends. I don't see wats wrong with it.

metalmatt47
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Congrats man. I see discipline pays off. Sadly, I don't make shit for money so I have many years ahead of me before I'll even be able to start saving money. lol

Hope that money gets you where you'd like to be in life. Congrats!

DeeAOne
12-20-2011, 12:51 AM
That's awesome man. I hope to have an account like that one day. I was saving pretty well until I decided to move out on my own at 20. All the savings disappeared before I even knew what happened.

Note to anyone - stay home as long as you can. lol

alpine_aw11
12-20-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm 21 and work at racetrac paying for a pretty nice apt in kennesaw.....I have NO money lol. Whatever I could save is spent on going out 3 times a week.....I just dont see the point in saving right now, I'll start in a couple years when I've worn myself out. Congrats though dude I'm sure it's a great feeling, can't wait to be there someday.

Halfwit
12-20-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm 21 and work at racetrac paying for a pretty nice apt in kennesaw.....I have NO money lol. Whatever I could save is spent on going out 3 times a week.....I just dont see the point in saving right now, I'll start in a couple years when I've worn myself out. Congrats though dude I'm sure it's a great feeling, can't wait to be there someday.

thanks everyone. i just want to have everything in th 25-35 age range than wait til im 40-50 to be ble to aford expensive toys, have cars/bikes/toys ect.House payment is most peoplesbiggest expense each month, I plan to act like i have a mortgage payment, but every month ill buy a 10000 worth of toys lol