PDA

View Full Version : Misc Building a PC?

RandomGuy
11-28-2005, 03:20 PM
so i was building my new gaming rig right... and I figured, why not get the best of the best shit right... so i got a Thermaltake Volcano 12+ Extreme edition right.. and i figured... its ratest the highest and cooling and shit... My old computer setup had a Zalman Ultra Quiet all copper heatsink/fan... and that was rated second best (and i think it still is)... well that shit is SILENT... and that was one of the cons listed on the Thermaltake... so i figured, who cares its just a little noise. My old system, sometimes you could'nt tell if it was on or off... now on this setup... HOLY FUCKIN SHIT... it sounds like a fuckin leafblower.... shit is LOUD, i can hear it from outside my room.

word of advice... GO WITH ZALMAN!! lol

MachNU
11-28-2005, 04:37 PM
LOL!!! I jsut go with the liguid cooling system, looks badass and cools the whole system down itself!

chrisdavis
11-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Could always go with no fans

http://resource.voodoopc.com/images/default/product_qkitchen_images/qkitchen_f50_silver.jpg

Voodoo Eden

http://www.voodoopc.com/system/quotekitchen.aspx?productID=1041#

Awesome concept but I wouldnt buy it

Lower4
11-28-2005, 08:09 PM
dude, wasting money on computers and not on your car? tsk tsk tsk. your bring the geo to shame, could've given the poor thing a touch-up.

also, back to the topic, what kinda specs you running on now hasan?

5thgcelica
11-28-2005, 09:38 PM
LOL
its no joke is it?

i have the volcano 6. and i was like OH MY! lol. i thought i was going to get sucked into the case.

gtikid
11-29-2005, 12:36 AM
LOL
its no joke is it?

i have the volcano 6. and i was like OH MY! lol. i thought i was going to get sucked into the case.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

soul
11-29-2005, 05:37 PM
LOL!!! I jsut go with the liguid cooling system, looks badass and cools the whole system down itself!
Unessecary in most cases, and why not Co2 if your gonna do it

MachNU
11-29-2005, 06:25 PM
LOL mostly becuase it just looks pimp...lol may not be that effective, but still pimp looking! :D

RandomGuy
12-05-2005, 02:06 AM
dude, wasting money on computers and not on your car? tsk tsk tsk. your bring the geo to shame, could've given the poor thing a touch-up.

also, back to the topic, what kinda specs you running on now hasan?
lol whos this?
i dont got the geo no more. That car sure was pimp though.

Spyder
12-05-2005, 01:39 PM
awnser the question, what are the specs for the new rig fool.

RandomGuy
12-06-2005, 03:02 AM
awnser the question, what are the specs for the new rig fool.
the rig aint new technology or nothin... just new to me.. lol by no means cutting edge, but its just good for me.

thermaltake volcano 12+ extreme cooler on:
2500+ barton core @ 3200+ with lotsa room to go
1gb pc3200 ddr dual channel corsair xms
radeon 9800pro (will upgrade soon)
nvidia nForce board w/great onboard sound
durka durka
thermaltake tsunami dream case
200gb SATA
80GB IDE
2x NEC 3520A dvd +/-RW 16x
1x Sony DVD-ROM drive

dont know what else?